Aussie Broadband NBN 100 (Family)

Aussie Broadband NBN 100 (Family) (page 2 of 22)

• Adequate Speeds Yes (93%) · No (7%)
  • Incentivised Review Yes (1%) · No (99%)

Great support

our connection is reliable but drops out sometimes their customer support is great i have spoken to 3 people for different problems and they have fixed all of them within 20 mins.

Start DateApril 2019

Shaunagh Astin

Shaunagh AstinSouth East Queensland, QLD

Perfect for me and speed amazing

Generally service is great and reliable . A few drop outs but always notified if network is down. I am always kept fully informed of any issues .. this is the best provider I have ever been with

Start DateSeptember 2019
Connection TypeI don't know
Official RepAussie Broadband

Great to hear. We are really happy that the service is great and reliable so far. Thanks so much for your review. We are always looking to improve our customer experience so if you see anything that we can do better, please let us know. Cheers, Mel

Cherie

CherieWestern District, VIC

Best Telco/Broadband company EVER

After such an ordeal with Optus, Aussie has been a savior. Cheaper plans, no contracts, impeccable customer service. What more can I possible say? Get on to these guys now, tell them I sent you! No seriously, you'll get a $50 credit with all referrals.

Start DateJuly 2019
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Official RepAussie Broadband

It was certainly well worth making the switch to Aussie Broadband.

We are now enjoying a far superior service to what we had grudgingly excepted as being par for the NBN.

Making the switch was positively painless, I was very attentively assisted over the phone, and it was all up and running in minutes.
Reliability and speed got to biggest boost for the same money. :o)
There has only been an occasional glitch confined to the odd disconnect overnight.
Overall the service is very reliable and absolutely most satisfactory.
Communicating with Aussie Broadband support is something Telstra could go to school on, they are clueless in that regard.
Again, we are very pleased with Aussie Broadband and looking forward to a long association.

Middo

It just works. As it should be.

Very reliable connection, no dropouts, no issues six months in. Only negative is the inflexibility around deals that include Fetch box (which is mandated by Fetch) and the lucrative offers they give new customers but deny to existing subscribers. Wait for a deal but otherwise, Australian internet service that helps put us on par with the rest of the world.

Start DateJune 2019

Sam100

Sam100

Highly recommend Aussie Broadband. The speed/reliability and communication second to none.

I have had their premium HFC 100 down 40 up mbps for about a year now. Aussie Broadband were second to none in communication through NBN arrival/setup/problem-solving and eventually troubleshooting through technical support.

I highly recommend this local (Victoria) based ISP. Not to mention a local call centre for account enquires and technical support.

Start DateFebruary 2019
Official RepAussie Broadband

Great to hear! Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience with us in a review. We really appreciate it and we're glad to hear that you're enjoying both our service and support. Have a wonderful day. Cheers, Mel

DialsMavis

DialsMavisSydney, NSW

Could not improve on perfection

Reliable connection, and they proactively get in touch when service is interrupted.
Good app with no cruft.
Impeccably personable support staff.
I would highly recommend AussieBB as the best Internet Service Provider in Australia

Contract Type24-month contract

Simon

SimonPerth, WA

Awesome company and Awesome service!

Start DateSeptember 2019

Very Impressed

The connection is very reliable, the customer service proactive and the overall experience has been as advertised and recommended. Would highly recommend as a result of our experience so far.

Geoff Hopkins

Geoff HopkinsGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Happily transferred from Telstra

Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

juergen

BenPerth, WA

Perfect Connection - Better than could have been expected

Start DateNovember 2019
Official RepAussie Broadband

Easily installed and great service

Reliable connection, easy to connect to our home at a good price, a great company to deal with. Excellent communication throughout process. We are a happy household with Aussie broadband NBN internet service

Connection TypeI don't know
Official RepAussie Broadband

we moved city and it was good to start fresh with new provider

no issues, good admin back up, really provides a good service at a good price, it was good to get away from the off shore help line and a pleasure to be understood.

Data TypeCapped Data
Connection TypeFTTB (Fibre to the Building)
Official RepAussie Broadband

Best service and support in the business

Connection from Aussie is very good. Aside from outages from NBN which they have no control over, the Aussie team are proactive, really responsive and great to deal with. Love them!

Start DateFebruary 2018
Contract Type24-month contract

Perfect.

After dealing with optus every few weeks, internet disconnecting at night, customer service that was difficult to understand / Could not understand me i have NOT regret coming to Aussie broadband.

The only issue i had was originally my internet was not the guaranteed 100mbp/s, It only took ONE phonecall to fix. All i could think of was "Any other internet company would have charged me / Wasted my time with nonsense.

And the final thing i love about this company is if there is ANYTHING happening, they tell you. Maintaintence? Technical Difficulties? I havn't been "lost" like every time its happened to me with Optus.

The only thing i wish was better, was their phone plan. Because their service otherwise is 10/10.

Start DateNovember 2019
Nathan H.

Hi Mel, I think i changed it to the 25$ phone plan plan. I just needed a better family plan to call family mobiles & calls in NSW. I'd like to see how that goes for the month as our last bill was about 150~$.

Official RepAussie Broadband

Hi Nathan, thanks for the reply. Our $20 family plan includes mobiles and national calls so that should help to keep costs down. Cheers, Mel

Kaidalen

KaidalenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best NBN provider you can go with

Adequate Speeds No

Terrible service

Terrible customer service. We ordered our modem Friday and paid for Express shipping and were told it would be here by wednesday. It's now Thursday and no modem. We called today asking about it and they basically said we can't help you. We asked for our money back on the express shipping because it hasn't been express and again no help. We had to change our tech appointment as well because the modem wasn't sent out on time like they said it would be. A simple courtesy email of "we're experiencing high demands, we may be a couple of days late on your order." Would have been nice. Not happy, will pay the extra $10 a month for better service with another company.

Adequate Speeds No
Official RepAussie Broadband

Hi Melissa M, we're very sorry to hear that you have had this experience and we'd like to investigate this further. I'll be in touch shortly so we can get this resolved for you. Cheers, Mel

Fast for the money.

Flexible data cap means I can pay the difference if I blow through it due to Day 1 patches. I recommend Aussie if you have to feed three consoles, a PC and a Netflix account for $80/month.

Start DateJuly 2019
Contract Type12-month contract

KateT

KateTGippsland, VIC

The best provider

Weve been with a couple and Aussie have been the most reliable. And they own up and take responsibility the most, other companies would blame us or our house, Aussie actively look for solutions. And better internet then when we were with Telstra

Start DateDecember 2017

Rob M.asked

Hi, I've just ordered ABB's NBN100 with "casual" phone service included. I'm planning on supplying my own NBN modem router, will I need one with VOIP capability in order to use the phone? TIA

Official RepAussie Broadband

Hi Rob, I really recommend getting a VoIP compatible router to plug your phone into, yes. Otherwise, you can look into ordering an ATA from us that will allow you to use your phone with a router without VoIP compatibility. There are plenty of options and decent VoIP compatible routers out there. If you go the ATA route, then our ATA's (SPA112) come pre-configured to be plug and play. Cheers, Mel

Rob M.

Thanks Mel, I'll look into both options.

Joanneasked

So, I need to change to NBN, Optus customer for 25years plus... they've given a cut off of January 2020currently living overseas but the family home in Hughesdale Australia needs NBM. I have a little install issue. Box is outside my bedroom, need the install to be in a different room obviously I don't want it in my master bedroom. Want the install to be in a room under my staircase, can this be looked into by an istaller before I commit to a plan?

Official RepAussie Broadband

You will need to hire a private licenced cabler to install it in a different room. NBN will put it inside from where the box is only. This may be able to be done prior to the nbn installation, and I know it can be done after the nbn installation. Hope this helps. Cheers, Mel

Andrew
Andrew

The answer ABB has given you is correct. NBN company will only get you hooked up to the NBN, you will be required to pay for reposining of the NBN box yourself, That includes cable running and installation. The best thing to do would be to get a couple of quotes. Electricians or data cable installers. Best of luck

George C.

George C.asked

Hi there,

I'm with Optus at the moment but wanting to change over to Aussie BB. I am a gamer and play upstairs in a double story house. Our setup is usually downstairs.. I'm wanting to stream gameplay. Will your modem on the NBN 100 be alright for that or would I need to buy a gaming router and have your modem? I live in Patterson so near Bentleigh VIC and was also wondering if the speed works well for that area through you guys.

Thanks,
George

Official RepAussie Broadband

Hi George, I would recommend hitting up our whirlpool forum for advice on modem routers for gaming in a 2 story house. We have the Netcomm 18ACV, but the wifi range is not the best for larger homes and it may struggle to reach the 2nd floor. You do not need our modem to connect with us. https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum/152 Cheers. Mel

Trev G
Trev G

Look at the asus rc88u. Im a gamer but cant get NBN100 on FTTN as Im too far from the node, but my Aussie service consistently hits 42mbps this is top speed for me with at least 2 Xbox, fetch, multiple phones, a ps4 and 2 iPads at any one time with plenty of bandwidth left, as a gamer on setup advise the Aussie team to disable CG-NAT for a native IP address or you may find the Sony or Pc will struggle. The Xbox seems to be ok with that setup. My config is a 4 bedroom house. With smart TVs also running 4K streaming ;) good luck as you wont find a better provider!

Get an answer from our members and Aussie Broadband representatives