Aussie Broadband NBN 25/10 (Standard)

• Adequate Speeds Yes (520) · No (28)

Andy B

Andy B

Can’t beat it !

Good value compared to others - Quick efficient and friendly customer service which is actually based in Oz with helpful people on the end of the phone. Easy to set up and it works well - Job done

Official RepAussie Broadband

Thanks so much for your kind review, Andy! We are so glad to have you apart of our ABB family :) Kindest, Lizzie

Bradley B.

Bradley B.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Best internet company I’ve dealt with

Very quick connection and hassle free service, very impressed by this internet company, always had hassles with other companies haven’t had any yet! I used my own router and have had no issues in the way of drop outs or slow speeds.

Official RepAussie Broadband

We are so glad to hear, Bradley! This is why we do what we do - any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to us :) Kindest, Lizzie

CateSydney Surrounds, NSW

The speed is fine - same speed & costs as Telstra - but the service is worse/more abusive than Telstra

Aussie Broadband relentlessly advertises that their customer service as BETTER - it's rotten - I gave up following through three times, due to the crap & double talk that all the consultants carry on with - they are not rude exactly, but they go on with crap and just don't stop. They claim to be faster & cheaper than other providers - they're not - they are the same. Monthly payment due 14.5.2021 - NBN & home phone cut off tonight 12.02am 13.5.2021. Thank heavens I still have Telstra mobile & internet. I'm now going back to Telstra.

Official RepAussie Broadband

Hi Cate, we are really sorry you feel this way and not what we like to hear. Do you have a fault reference number or a customer reference number so I can take a look into this for you? Kindest, Lizzie

Internet Service Providers

Find out how Aussie Broadband NBN 25/10 (Standard) compares to other Internet Service Providers

Arevjew

Arevjew

Stole my money

Stole my money. Did not cancel when requested and then refused to provide a refund for the 1.5 months extra they charged me. Refused to escalate to resolve the matter.

Official RepAussie Broadband

Hi Arevjew - do you have a fault reference number that we can look into this for you? Kindest, Lizzie

No hassles and great customer service

Official RepAussie Broadband

This is what we are here for, Happy Melbourne Customer (love the name btw!) - thank you so much for being apart of the ABB family, if you ever have any questions, just reach out to us :) Kindest, Lizzie

Slowrollin

SlowrollinHunter Region, NSW

Outstanding

When you phone for help you get someone in this country. If there is a wait time they let you know constantly where you are in the queue or will phone you back in your turn. They sorted out immediately a few small initial problems. Even though I live in another state my new modem arrived the next day and was fully functional that afternoon. With my last supplier I had great difficulty in ever reaching a real person for help. I am so impressed

Official RepAussie Broadband

This is exactly what we like to hear, Slowrollin! Thanks so much for being apart of the ABB family :) Kindest, Lizzie

john

johnPerth, WA

Aussie broadband is the best.

Have had no drop outs and connection iis reliable, speeed is 29 mbps. . have had no occasion to interact with staff , so cannot comment.. i am extremely satisfied with Aussie Broadband.

Fantastic, John! Wonderful news :) Kindest, Lizzie

Simply the best.

Great company to deal with with the most knowledgible and helpful staff who do what they say they will and in a short timeframe. When I first signed up Aussie tested my line and realised the speed was slow so let me know to change to a cheaper plan. My previous supplier took my money for years for a service I was not getting.

Official RepAussie Broadband

This is what we like to hear, Ross! Thanks so much for making the switch over to us, we really appreciate it. Any questions, just let us know :) Kindest, Lizzie

Ken

KenGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Good reliable service from Aussie Broadband

This company has an Australian call centre. All problems I had with setting up my own and a friends NBN service were dealt with in an efficient courteous manner. Have had no drop outs or connection reliability problems at all.

Official RepAussie Broadband

This is what we like to hear, Ken! Fantastic news - if you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to us. Kindest, Lizzie

Ken

KenCanberra 2600, ACT

No fuss signup & quick connection. Informative staff. Speed as promised. No interruption to services after 3 months. Great to be able to deal with an excellent Aussie company with Oz based call centre.
I highly recommend.

Official RepAussie Broadband

Wonderful, Ken! Thanks so much for being apart of the ABB family :) Kindest, Lizzie

so far so good

Took a few calls to get connected and to receive my modem due to our address but have had no issues in the 4 months being connected. I have had no issues Streaming on our Television.

Official RepAussie Broadband

Glad we were able to get you connected, Desmond! If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to a member of our team :) Kindest, Lizzie

Nancy

Nancy Goulburn Valley, VIC

I would recommend to anyone, especially those in regional areas.

Great customer service, no ridiculously long waiting times like other service providers...not mentioning names but sounds like Belstra :) Good connection, and Australian based, even better! Would definitely recommend Aussie Broadband

We are so glad, Nancy! Welcome to the ABB family :) Kindest, Lizzie

Emily

EmilySydney, NSW

Set up was super quick and easy - the modem arrived in a day or two and I was able to get myself set up with the instructions provided. I have experienced a few dropouts (usually on days with bad weather) but restarting the modem or just waiting it out has solved the problem so far. Paying bills and communication has been super easy - I get an email notification when I'm at 80% of my quota so no nasty surprises. Overall a great experience, would definitely recommend.

Official RepAussie Broadband

This is exactly what we like to hear, Emily :) If you ever have any issues, feel free to reach out to our team on 1300 880 905 :) Kindest, Lizzie

Allan

Allan South East Queensland, QLD

Was with Kogan and since changed never been happier

Smashes the rest never been happier than I am since I have changed no down time or dropping out due to connection would recommend Aussie Broad Band to anyone simply the best

Official RepAussie Broadband

Thanks so much Allan :) We really appreciate it, if you have any questions at all, please don't hesitate to reach out to our team :) Kindest, Lizzie

Switched over

We recently switched over to Aussie from another ISP, and everything is perfect. Aussie’s customer experience is miles ahead, the transition went smoothly, and it was literally plug in the new modem and away we went.

Official RepAussie Broadband

Wonderful news, Happy Customer! We're so glad that you are apart of our ABB family :) Kindest, Lizzie

Bryan

Bryan

Another woke company

Aussie broadband don't go down the slippery slope like all these other woke companies.
I was appalled to see you supporting a Marxist outfit like BLM and your staff attacking customers online who dared to disagree with them one customer was even invited to call and cancel how arrogant of your organisation. I notice nearly all of your board members are WHITE as usual companies like you need to practice what you preach. Shame on you.

Hi Bryan, thanks for your feedback. Kindest, Lizzie

TonyG

TonyGMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Aussie Broadband Rocks!

After many years with three other providers, Aussie Broadband has been the first to supply seamless reliable service, with download speeds consistently ABOVE what we contracted for, even during peak evening periods. As well, support services are local, knowledgable and very positive. A great example of a very effective business model!!

Official RepAussie Broadband

Thanks so much Tony! We really appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review :) If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to us. Kindest, Lizzie

At Last Some Customer Service !

We moved to Aussie to try and get some customer service from a provider. We have not been disappointed!
Refreshing to be able to speak with someone for help. If they are busy, you know where you are in the queue and how fast you are progressing.
Our plan is slightly cheaper and we love the option of a $0 plan for our home phone which lets us pay for calls as needed.
Very happy with Aussie !

Connection TypeFTTC (Fibre to the Curb)
Official RepAussie Broadband

We're so glad you are apart of the ABB family, Louise! Thanks so much :) If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to us. Kindest, Lizzie

Kay

Kay

Great company and service

Official RepAussie Broadband

Thanks so much Kay! We are so glad that you joined our ABB family, if you ever have any queries or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to our team :) Kindest, Lizzie

Jenny9371Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Exceptional service

Have experienced several internet providers over the years before my brother recommended I go to Aussie. Have never looked back. Not only have I had no issues with the service, every other aspect of dealing with them is made so simple. No lengthy wait times on the phone, several optional payment methods, service isn’t dropping out like many others where they’ve oversold capacity in the area. They really stand out from the others.

Official RepAussie Broadband

This is exactly what we like to hear, Jenny! Thanks so much for making the switch over to us, we really appreciate it. If you need any assistance, or any help, please don't hesitate to reach out to our team :) Kindest, Lizzie

Jenny9371

Thanks Lizzie, I work for a building company and recommend you to all of my clients also. Such exceptional service.

Joachim G.

Joachim G.asked

NBN 25/10 (Standard)

I intend to join AUSSIE BB-Currently with Exetel-Maddie assured me that the Exetel modem{installed august 2019} will be ok with AUSSIE.Just wanted to make sure-as I do not want to have to buy a new one-Thank you

Official RepAussie Broadband

Hey Joachim, thanks for the great question.
It should work on our network. From everything I’ve seen and read about their routers, they don’t lock them and you should be able to reconfigure it to DHCP, IPoE or Dynamic IP, if it’s not already configured the right settings.
Whilst we can’t guarantee it’ll work, as it’s not our router, we are more than happy to help if things aren’t working or are confusing.
Hope this helps and you have a lovely week. Cheers, James.

Ricardoasked

NBN 25/10 (Standard)

Hi. Have decided to switch from Telstra NBN to Aussie Broadband NBN and just signed up to Aussie. Unfortunately Have to wait until November as insufficient bandwidth in my area. That's OK - no big deal but gave me time to think about my options for the modem. Can I use the Sagem F@st 5355 modem supplied by Telstra for my Aussie NBN service, It does everything I need at the moment, including my phone (VOIP) without any problems? Will it work OK, Including the phone, on Aussie? Would be nice and would save me the cost of the modem. Cheers, Richard.

Official RepAussie Broadband

Hey Ricardo, Thanks for reaching out and asking a great question.
Whilst we can’t guarantee your router will work on our network, we always do our best to help you reconfigure it.
Generally, Telstra modems should work on our network as they use the same configuration. However, VoIP is almost always locked to Telstra through the firmware they use. Whilst we don’t do that to the routers we sell, we can’t control what other ISPs do.
When I switched my parents over from Telstra, they had a Telstra supplied modem and whilst the internet was an easy switch over, they bought a VoIP adapter to get around the locked VoIP.
The other benefit to getting a VoIP adapter is that it opens up the options when looking to purchase a new router. A lot of independent brand routers will not have VoIP capabilities, like the Netgear Nighthawk for instance, and you can utilise the adapter to use VoIP with those routers.
In summary, you shouldn’t need a new router, but will likely need an adapter if you want VoIP. Hope this helps. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to shoot them to me. Cheers, James.

Ricardo

Hi James, I didn't know there was such a thing as VOIP adaptor. Thanks for your very helpful reply.

Official RepAussie Broadband

No worries, always happy to help out :). Cheers, James.

mARJasked

NBN 25/10 (Standard)

I am amazed that people writing the review mostly comment on how flexible Aussie Broadband is. I have found them to be most inflexible. I need to transfer ownership of my account to my husband since I no longer live where the service is connected. We need to have our signature on exactly the same form. Forms can be sent by email, but photographing the form and getting it resent in the correct way is a big problem for a 79 year old. Snail mail is possible, but there is no mail box anywhere near me. Also there is a real need for speed since my husband has not had a VOIP phone service for 5 days and doesn’t use a mobile phone. I thought some compassion and flexibility could be shown, but after many hours of trying to get some, I have given up.8

Official RepAussie Broadband

Hey Marj, thanks for getting in touch and sorry you've had some difficulties transferring the ownership of your account. Unfortunately, we are very strict about needing both signatures/signees on the form for two reason.
Firstly - We are making sure that both parties are not only aware of the transfer, but also agree to the transfer. Without this, in theory, anyone could simply give or claim ownership and then be able to make changes to the account. And some people may abuse this, which would really suck.
Secondly: From a compliance (legal) standpoint, we need to ensure that both parties agree to the transfer in writing.
Now to try and help you :). I’m assuming you have access to a computer. If you call our customer service team on 1300 880 905, they’ll be able to email you the form you need. You can actually fill out the form on the computer and send it straight back.
Regarding your husband’s need for VoIP, we can set that up over the phone, he doesn’t need to be the account holder to set it up, you are able to do it for him.
I hope this helps. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to comment here and I’ll get back to you as quick as possible. Cheers, James.

mARJ

The form has been completed by me and sent back as photographed pages since I don’t have a scanner. I’ve been told that both signatures need to be on the same form. This is impossible in our situation. Forgery would make it easy for anyone bent on deception to carry this out. A Statuary Declaration should be sufficient in our situation.
As far as ringing for assistance, 80% of the time I have tried that, I get cut off. I do not find your customer service at all friendly.

Hi mARJ,

We understand your frustration. Services, such as the VoIP, are not turned off during a transfer so the VoIP should be working. If it's not, then I would recommend that he power cycle the modem to see if it comes back online. Yes, we need to be very strict from a legal perspective in order to be compliant with Australian Law. If you require, we can also mail the form to you. This is to help stop illegal transfers, which can be all too common. I'm unsure as to what's happened with your calls. Unfortunately, product review is not an official channel for support as it is a public forum and private information shouldn't be shared. Given the uniqueness of the situation where you're unable to obtain signatures on the form, we recommend contacting our Complaints department directly. You can do so via the link below. They will be in touch shortly (no need for you to call Customer Service) and they will help to resolve the issue for you.

Thanks and again, our apologies on what must be a frustrating experience.
Mel