Aussie Broadband NBN 25 (Standard, Seniors)

Aussie Broadband NBN 25 (Standard, Seniors)

• Adequate Speeds Yes (95%) · No (5%)

Kelly

KellyPerth, WA

I wouldn't recommend at all

Adequate Speeds No
Kiwi Nick

Kiwi NickMelbourne

Location 1: Good Internet & good value. Location 2: pricey for phone only deal

Official RepAussie Broadband

Best service I have ever had.

I have moved to this broadband for a year now, barely experienced any problems apart from maintenance which usually only takes 5 to 10mins, no signs of drop out compared to my previous broadband. The speed is reliable and truth to its advertisement and the price is reasonable and affordable, they even plan to upgrade my plan a little for the same price. Best broadband I have ever had so far.

Connection TypeWireless
Start DateAugust 2019
Official RepAussie Broadband

That’s what we love to hear, Lin . Thanks for being a loyal customer and taking the time to leave us an amazing review, we genuinely appreciate it. Hope you have a wonderful day. Cheers, James.

Internet Service Providers

Find out how Aussie Broadband NBN 25 (Standard, Seniors) compares to other Internet Service Providers

Jia Luo Huang

Jia Luo HuangSydney, NSW

Good performance and reliable

Due to power outage, the Internet cut off. but after power recover, the Internet connect back automatically. Thanks Aussie Broadband, You can keep send email to let customer know what the problem is. I like Aussie look after Australian without use outside agent. Telstra and Optus should learn from you.

Official RepAussie Broadband

Don’t worry, Jia, we will look after you :). It’s great to see that you are loving our service and communications. Thanks for the awesome review, we really appreciate it. Hope you have a wonderful evening. Cheers, James.

ClaireGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Extremely frustrating experience transferring my NBN service to OptiComm at new address

Connection TypeFTTB (Fibre to the Building)
Claire

Yes - I will need it looked into, and don't want to spend further time on the phone.

Claire

Hi James, I still haven't heard from anyone.

Maurice Sleep

Maurice SleepMid North Coast, NSW

Senior new to broadband

Being a senior was at first nervous about setting up the broadband but the kind and helpful team made it all easy.
Love my new life with the Aussie broadband. Thankyou to the team

Official RepAussie Broadband

You’re welcome, Maurice :). We’re so glad we could help you out and make life a little easier and simpler for you. If you need any help, don’t hesitate to call us, we’re always ready and happy to help. Hope you have a delightful week. Cheers, James.

Ibelong

IbelongMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great ISP But...........$$$

Love the ISP but out of the blue price hikes is a little disappointing. Only been with them a short while, why hit the seniors, sure business maybe who can afford it and have lots of data/ connections, but low speed homes 10 mpbs cmon! . $5 maybe not much to them, but every dollar does count when on a pension. Feel they should review the hike.

Connection TypeFTTC (Fibre to the Curb)

Very happy customer.

Faultless internet. Issue with landline was fixed and staff were very friendly and competent.
Very happy with way connection was carried out on the day scheduled without any hassles.
Will recommend this service.

Lena A

Lena AGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Fast, reliable, flexible contract and excellent tech service.

Fast, reliable, flexible contract and great tech service. I’ve tried most of the other telcos over the years and Aussie Broadband is the best. No drop outs or endless buffering so far. Lovely tech support too, spent ages helping me work out my modem was the problem before suggesting I buy a new one. No problems since.

Ray

RayWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Happy with Aussie Broadband NOT happy with NBN

I have used a few Telcos to find the right one. Aussie Broadband was definitely the right choice. Great customer service from people who wanted my business. My Internet has been extremely stable since switching to AB. When there was an outage they advised in time which was thankful. Wouldnt switch NBN providors. Unfortunately, the brand New NBN service here is pathetic with the 25 service the fastest achievable. This is NOT Aussie Broadbands fault. This is a rubbish NBN system

Start DateJune 2020
Tom

TomNorth Western Region, NSW

Aussie Broadband is head and shoulders above Telstra. Stuck with NBN goose.

Aussie Broadband is trying to get the original NBN node shifted. It is nearly 2 klms away and speed is 3-4 mbps.
They are also looking at substituting fixed wireless. All I can say is bring on 5G.

Start DateApril 2020
Adequate Speeds No
Official RepAussie Broadband

Hey Tom, love hearing that you are enjoying your experience with us :). Thanks for taking the time to leave us a great review and rating. Hope you have a fantastic week. Cheers, James.

This works well and does what is advertised

We had an initial challenge connecting, but that seem to be the NBN issue in the street. Aussie broadband sorted it out very fast and efficiently without any fuss.
Under the speed test we are delivered what we were promised

Connection TypeFTTC (Fibre to the Curb)
Linda

LindaPerth, WA

Glad I Chose Aussie Broadband

Forty five minutes to be connected and very helpful when I was trying to set up.. Since then I have had perfect connection with no issues. Definitely “Value for Money.” Feel I made the right choice selecting Aussie Broadband.

Official RepAussie Broadband

That’s what we love to hear, Linda! It’s great to see that we were able help you get connected :). Thanks for taking the time to leave us an awesome review and rating. Hope you have a lovely week. Cheers, James.

DON THOMPSON

DON THOMPSONBERRY

Fantastic Broadband Service.

I have been with Aussie Broadband for a month now, and I have nothing but praise for this wonderful company. The broadband is much quicker than Telstra , who was my previous provider, and I must congratulate Aussie Broadband for the professional way they run their business, and are always supportive when they are contacted for support. Don Thompson Berry.

Start DateSeptember 2020
Official RepAussie Broadband

Welcome to our family, Don. We're so happy to hear that you are loving your experience with us :). Thank you so much for the kind words and the awesome review, we genuinely appreciate it. Hope you have a wonderful week. Cheers, James.

Lesley H.

Lesley H.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Aussie broadband is the best

Aussie broadband staff are fantastic. They listen to you and organise everything extremely well. It was such a relief to go with them and have no problems. I recommend them to all my friends

Start DateAugust 2020
Contract Type12-month contract
Official RepAussie Broadband

You’re the best, Lesley :). Amazing to hear that you are loving your experience with us. Thanks for the awesome review and recommendation, we genuinely appreciate it. Hope you have a sensational week. Cheers, James.

Caroline R.

Caroline R.Goulburn Valley, VIC

Setup was easy with helpful staff and prompt service. No problems since connecting. Have also changed my phone plan to Aussie. Changing companies had been the best decision for me

Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Start DateAugust 2020

happyPerth, WA

fantastic service

Ever since I joined aussie broadband in january 2020 I have found that they have the patience of a saint with me. You see I am far from knowing what I am doing with technology and the people at aussie broadband show the utmost patience when I ring. Even if my query is what some people would consider basic I have never felt that I should not be ringing them. They let me know well in advance if their are going to be any outages when they do maintenance on their system and they also let me know well in advance if they have been told by nbn co that there is going to be work done in my area. They have a great little bit of blurb that you hear when you ring them and one of the best things is that their call centre IS IN Australia.

Start DateJanuary 2020
Official RepAussie Broadband

We will continue working hard to make sure that you and all our customers have the best experience possible :). - James

May L.

May L.

This is grate all ways working for me when need it

I have not experienced any dropouts at all no issues with the service Ian on my phone unable to get evidence for you and send it to you phone on other company and I don't you'd it as an commuter.

Connection TypeWireless
Start DateMay 2020
Official RepAussie Broadband

That’s what we love to hear, May :). Thanks for the great review and rating, we genuinely appreciate it. Hope you have a wonderful week. Cheers, James.

Steve

StevePerth, WA

Top service. Well worth the change!

Their support people are great. I have had issues (not from Aussiebroadband but from the owner of the phone lines starting with "T") from the start and the Aussiebroadband technicians have been great. They organised a service guy (from Telstra), talked me through modem set-up - and didn't treat me like an idiot. I can't recommend them enough. AND - their phone support informs you of where you are in the support queue and how long it should be before you can talk to someone (a REAL person in Australia). Telstra could take a note of what customer service should be like!

Start DateMay 2020
Official RepAussie Broadband

We’ve got your back, Steve! It’s awesome to hear that you are loving our Aussie support and service :). Thanks for the awesome review and recommendation, we genuinely appreciate it. Hope you have a lovely weekend. Cheers, James.

Raul

RaulGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Second to None. The Best!

I've been with all the majors: Telstra, Optus and iiNet and their level of service pales by comparison to what Aussie BB provides. A greater level of professionalism and their word and commitments are always, always dependable. The key without a doubt is their friendly and reliable Australian based service staff - no miscommunications, no misunderstandings or bad advice due to ignorance of the local conditions or the Aussie character and vernacular. Equally important Aussie BB also provide greater value plans and plans better catering to all (eg for Senior). Totally satisfied and totally happy. Can't praise Aussie BB high enough.

Ricardoasked

NBN 25 (Standard, Seniors)

Hi. Have decided to switch from Telstra NBN to Aussie Broadband NBN and just signed up to Aussie. Unfortunately Have to wait until November as insufficient bandwidth in my area. That's OK - no big deal but gave me time to think about my options for the modem. Can I use the Sagem F@st 5355 modem supplied by Telstra for my Aussie NBN service, It does everything I need at the moment, including my phone (VOIP) without any problems? Will it work OK, Including the phone, on Aussie? Would be nice and would save me the cost of the modem. Cheers, Richard.

Official RepAussie Broadband

Hey Ricardo, Thanks for reaching out and asking a great question.
Whilst we can’t guarantee your router will work on our network, we always do our best to help you reconfigure it.
Generally, Telstra modems should work on our network as they use the same configuration. However, VoIP is almost always locked to Telstra through the firmware they use. Whilst we don’t do that to the routers we sell, we can’t control what other ISPs do.
When I switched my parents over from Telstra, they had a Telstra supplied modem and whilst the internet was an easy switch over, they bought a VoIP adapter to get around the locked VoIP.
The other benefit to getting a VoIP adapter is that it opens up the options when looking to purchase a new router. A lot of independent brand routers will not have VoIP capabilities, like the Netgear Nighthawk for instance, and you can utilise the adapter to use VoIP with those routers.
In summary, you shouldn’t need a new router, but will likely need an adapter if you want VoIP. Hope this helps. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to shoot them to me. Cheers, James.

Ricardo

Hi James, I didn't know there was such a thing as VOIP adaptor. Thanks for your very helpful reply.

Official RepAussie Broadband

No worries, always happy to help out :). Cheers, James.

mARJasked

NBN 25 (Standard, Seniors)

I am amazed that people writing the review mostly comment on how flexible Aussie Broadband is. I have found them to be most inflexible. I need to transfer ownership of my account to my husband since I no longer live where the service is connected. We need to have our signature on exactly the same form. Forms can be sent by email, but photographing the form and getting it resent in the correct way is a big problem for a 79 year old. Snail mail is possible, but there is no mail box anywhere near me. Also there is a real need for speed since my husband has not had a VOIP phone service for 5 days and doesn’t use a mobile phone. I thought some compassion and flexibility could be shown, but after many hours of trying to get some, I have given up.8

Official RepAussie Broadband

Hey Marj, thanks for getting in touch and sorry you've had some difficulties transferring the ownership of your account. Unfortunately, we are very strict about needing both signatures/signees on the form for two reason.
Firstly - We are making sure that both parties are not only aware of the transfer, but also agree to the transfer. Without this, in theory, anyone could simply give or claim ownership and then be able to make changes to the account. And some people may abuse this, which would really suck.
Secondly: From a compliance (legal) standpoint, we need to ensure that both parties agree to the transfer in writing.
Now to try and help you :). I’m assuming you have access to a computer. If you call our customer service team on 1300 880 905, they’ll be able to email you the form you need. You can actually fill out the form on the computer and send it straight back.
Regarding your husband’s need for VoIP, we can set that up over the phone, he doesn’t need to be the account holder to set it up, you are able to do it for him.
I hope this helps. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to comment here and I’ll get back to you as quick as possible. Cheers, James.

mARJ

The form has been completed by me and sent back as photographed pages since I don’t have a scanner. I’ve been told that both signatures need to be on the same form. This is impossible in our situation. Forgery would make it easy for anyone bent on deception to carry this out. A Statuary Declaration should be sufficient in our situation.
As far as ringing for assistance, 80% of the time I have tried that, I get cut off. I do not find your customer service at all friendly.

Hi mARJ,

We understand your frustration. Services, such as the VoIP, are not turned off during a transfer so the VoIP should be working. If it's not, then I would recommend that he power cycle the modem to see if it comes back online. Yes, we need to be very strict from a legal perspective in order to be compliant with Australian Law. If you require, we can also mail the form to you. This is to help stop illegal transfers, which can be all too common. I'm unsure as to what's happened with your calls. Unfortunately, product review is not an official channel for support as it is a public forum and private information shouldn't be shared. Given the uniqueness of the situation where you're unable to obtain signatures on the form, we recommend contacting our Complaints department directly. You can do so via the link below. They will be in touch shortly (no need for you to call Customer Service) and they will help to resolve the issue for you.

Thanks and again, our apologies on what must be a frustrating experience.
Mel

Marg

Margasked

NBN 25 (Standard, Seniors)

How much data do l get with the Senior Monthly plan? Also do you have monthly mobile phone plans and if so what do they cost?

Official RepAussie Broadband

Hi Marg, our seniors plans are currently unlimited: https://www.aussiebroadband.com.au/nbn-plans/seniors-nbn/
You can check our our mobile sim plans here: https://www.aussiebroadband.com.au/phone/mobile/

If you have any questions at all about signup, or to sign up to our seniors plans, just give our sales team a call on 1300 880 905. Cheers, Mel

Get an answer from our members and Aussie Broadband representatives