Aussie Broadband NBN 50 (Standard Plus)

Aussie Broadband NBN 50 (Standard Plus)

2.2

• Adequate Speeds Yes · No (7%)

I received 3/4 of my money back yeiii

Stress and unnecessary headaches

Bec K

Bec KSouthwest, VIC

Do Not Use!!!

Promised 1000mbps/50mbps. If unsatisified with speeds / speeds are not met, free cancellation and money refunded. LIARS! We stayed connected for 3 days- made contact to disconnect. A month later they deducted $149 from our credit card. Got in contact with customer service, they said this shouldn't have happened and will refund us. However 2 weeks later, received $134 refund. Contacted customer service again and they said they have kept the money for the 3 days it was in use. Do not use

Start DateSeptember 2020
Internet Service Providers

Find out how Aussie Broadband NBN 50 (Standard Plus) compares to other Internet Service Providers

marshall

Expected great things, got a service worse than my ADSL

Connection TypeHFC (Cable)
Start DateMarch 2020
Data TypeCapped Data
Official RepAussie Broadband

Hey Marshall, someone from our team tried to call you but went to voicemail, I've passed on the fault no. to our team and they've scheduled another call-back at 4:30, if you'd like a different time just let me know :). Cheers, James.

Internet is patchy and they put up plan costs due to floating on the ASX

Internet has regularly been patchy and unreliable to work from home. They just emailed me to say that my plan cost was going up $4 per month after also emailing me to say I could buy in to their initial ASX share offering. They are clearly changing their local customer service focus and want to show increased profits to prop up their share price.

Start DateOctober 2017
Official RepAussie Broadband

The Best they can do with the Subpar NBN framework.

Start DateJuly 2020

NBN so far so good

problems with phone connection sorted eventually, some staff not sure how to connect it, 3hours on a mobile to fix it working great now a lot clearer than the old line speed is slower that was told

Liz S.

Liz S.South West, WA

Good Service - Reliable Service

Sales were informative and helpful. I like the option of no tie in contract.
The install was professional and prompt. The modem setup and connection was simple and quick.
No dropouts but slow at peak times.
I cannot comment on support as I have had no need of this service.
I would be happy to recommend.

Connection TypeWireless
Start DateJune 2020
Data TypeCapped Data
Jaeger

Jaeger

Unprofessional & Disgraceful Service

Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Start DateJanuary 2018
Official RepAussie Broadband

Hey Jaeger, really sorry to hear this has happened. I’d love to look into the issue and see if I can help in anyway. Would you mind passing me a fault reference number and I’ll do my best :). Hope you have a lovely day. Cheers, James.

Kim Williams

Kim WilliamsMid North Coast, NSW

Australian Made

Aussie Broadband are exactly what they say in their name - "AUSSIE". They have a refreshing approach to the whole NBN Internet connectivity set up. Simple, easy and straightforward. I appreciate and value the professional attitude and knowledge the call centre staff have. Nothing is a problem, the whole setup process was straightforward and seamless.
Although my speedtest shows a rather sluggish and slow service. Not what I expected.

Start DateJuly 2020

ifoundsimonPerth, WA

Doesnt work at all. Drops out continually.

Drops out sometimes 20 times a day.
Some days doesn’t work at all.
Called Aussie 20 or so times and had the NBN out and still doesn’t work.
Going back to Telstra - had no issues with them and had reliable fast NBN. Worst decision ever to move to Aussie.
What a nightmare.

ifoundsimon

I do now have working internet. There was an issue between NBN and AussieBroad Band. NOTHING to do with me. Hopeless.

KnockerCentral Queensland, QLD

Great service, but I do have problems quite often.

I have had several issues with drop outs and very weak signal, especially when Tourists are around. They always seem to be working on the Towers around here and the impression we are getting is that the problems are not being resolved, they just reface the towers to suit those who complain, until the next lot complain and then shift it again and back to another set of complaints. Speeds have varied between 50 mbs to a very low 10 to 14 mps. Not really good enough for the $80 I pay each month. NBN seems to be at fault, not Aussie, but I don't think NBN give a Rat's about areas that are getting weak signal and for the past 4 yrs it hasn't improved much at all.

Connection TypeWireless
Official RepAussie Broadband

Hey Knocker, could I grab a fault reference number and I’d be more than happy to look into the dropouts and slow speeds for you :). Hope you have a lovely day. Cheers, James.

Official RepAussie Broadband

I'll happily look into it, Knocker :). I've PM'ed you to follow up with more details. Cheers, James.

Joy C.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Meh, as good as any other provider around here - but they followed up! Edited review

Standalone or BundledBundled
Joy C.

Thanks James. My most recent fault reference number is #8671034.

Official RepAussie Broadband

Thanks Joy, I'll look into it tomorrow :). Cheers, James.

Vlad M.

Vlad M.Sydney, NSW

Disappointed. Closed an account after 2 months

Connection TypeFTTB (Fibre to the Building)
Start DateMay 2020
Jon

JonGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Constant dropouts - 4 calls and no help

Have called 4 times in the past 4 days as working from home requires stable internet, at the moment it isn't and Aussie Broadband isn't too helpful with rectifying it either. I was supposed to receive a call back this morning and didn't - so I called up. The lady I spoke with was initially rude and tried to make me jump through hoops when I made an error communicating my info even though I clearly could and did identify myself shortly after. Anyone in a similar situation would have left by now.

Start DateApril 2019
Official RepAussie Broadband

Hey Jon, sorry to hear this has happened. I’ll send you a private message and do my best help to help :). Cheers, James.

Internet Service Providers

Deny to apply promotion code

I have registered with Aussie broadband last month as a new customer via telephone, they advertise that first month is free for new customer but I did not mentioned it on the phone as I thought they will wave my first bill, but they did not. After I called them, they said for any discount you should ask us on the phone directly otherwise we will not apply it, I believe it is not fair and they are not transparent.

Start DateJune 2020
Naji
Naji

Thanks James. Yes I have the screenshot of the ad, Please give me an email address then I can send it to you.

DennisSouth East Queensland, QLD

Waste of time, waste of money

Every few weeks I receive an email from AB stating that work will be done on NBN in our area. These emails border on spam. I regularly drop off the internet. NBN through Aussie Broadband is ridiculous. It is slower and less dependable than my old cable. All AB do is make excuses and blame my hardware. I would not recommend Aussie Broadband to anyone. Obviously the work supposedly being done in my area is zero, or speed and service would improve.

Start DateMay 2019
Glenn Pedersen

Glenn PedersenSouth West, WA

Good service

We are fairly happy with the service provided. It is much better than our previous supplier. But in saying that beca of the actual NBN system. We do experience slow internet from time to time. Aussie are far easier to deal with than our previous supplier and for that we are happy.

Connection TypeFTTB (Fibre to the Building)
Start DateApril 2020
Standalone or BundledBundled

Johnny SmithSydney, NSW

Terrible Service by their support team

Start DateJune 2017
JohnM

JohnMGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Best Internet Services in AAustralia

Fast and always working! I changed from Internode and Telstra. Whenever I had a problem Telstra sent the call to the Philllipines and Internode took ages to answer. When I used Aussie Boradband I get an Australian customer service operator who can understand my accent and they answers in under 2 minutes.

Start DateApril 2020
Official RepAussie Broadband

Hey JohnM, welcome to our family, glad you made the switch to us :). Awesome to hear that you are loving our service and support. Hope you have a lovely week. Cheers, James.

Jaymin B.asked

NBN 50 (Standard Plus)

How good is it for online gaming ? I usually play GTA 5 on laptops and PubG mobile on iphone. I had vodafone serivices before the speed numbers were good on speed test but for some reason ping was way too high in the game. Game worked fine on telstra mobile net or at my friends, but not on vodafone mobile internet. On same nbn I had dodo provider a week ago and the ping was really great. I just want to make sure same does not happen again with my next internet provider.

Official RepAussie Broadband

Hey Jaymin, great question.
Generally Aussie BB has great routing around Australia and whilst we cannot guarantee your ping, it’s normally really solid.
I personally play MW Warzone and never experience lag. I generally have low ping. I just tested my ping to the Aussie BB server and it was 8.
If you want some more information about gaming on our network feel free to visit - https://www.aussiebroadband.com.au/nbn-plans/gamers-nbn/
Hope this helps, but if you have any further questions or comments, feel free to fire them my way :). Cheers, James.

Jaymin B.

Vodafone showed 7 so far, yet in game the ping was too high. And since there is no cooling down period, I am worried about going into contract or paying set up charge if it wont full fill my purpose of gaming.

Official RepAussie Broadband

Fair enough, I can appreciate your concerns. If it helps, we don't offer contracts anymore, all our current residential plans are on a month-to-month basis. So, if it's not what you are looking for then you are free to leave :). Also you shouldn't have any set-up charges, you only need a compatible router for us to transition you to our network. This is assuming you are currently connected to and using the NBN and want to change ISP for your current connection. If you have any further questions, I'm happy to answer anything and everything you've got for me :) (assuming I know the answers lol). Alternatively, you can call our team on 1300 880 905 and fire any questions you have at them and they'd be more than happy to help you out. Cheers, James.

Nick K.

Nick K.asked

NBN 50 (Standard Plus)

I am about to Sign up with Aussie Broadband on a 50/20 plan. I am on FTTN. Anyone already with Aussie Broadband on FTTN with 50/20 plan?? If yes how is the speed that you are getting during peak hours (via Speedtest.net/Speakeasy.net)?
Would you recommend Aussie & this plan. I am in Hillside 3037 Victoria
Nick

BenMiles
BenMiles

Hey Nick. It depends on the quality of your copper wiring to the node and how far you are from that node. For example: I am 1.2km from the node and the quality of the copper is terrible. My maximum possible speed is 37mbps but it proved to be too unstable to use so I went back down to 25/5. :'(

Most modems can tell you what your maximum connection speed is to the node if you log in and check the advanced connection summary settings.

AussieBB have put their hand up and state they will NEVER allow their service to be affected by speed issues, even during peak times. But the internet in general is about 5mbps slower than usual right now with so many people at home.

I would highly recommend NOT using Speedtest.net as they promote services from providers, including Foxtel, Optus, etc so the tests are not reliable as they may be giving you false readings to try and sell you a plan with someone else.

Use Aussie's own speed test here: http://speed.aussiebroadband.com.au/. Or https://www.ozspeedtest.com.

Official RepAussie Broadband

Hi Nick, FTTN, is really dependent on your distance from the node. We will send you a test to let you know your line capabilities after sign up. You can also run the line test in our app after sign up as well. Unfortunately, we cannot guess it prior to those tests. Hope that helps -Mel

rajenfoto

rajenfotoasked

Hi
I got nbn from another bis ISP,
Recently I got droputs, NBN Tech came and said internal wiring issue,
If I move to you guys, can you fix my internal wiring problem?

Official RepAussie Broadband

Hi rajenfoto, no, unfortunately. I would recommend finding a licenced cabler to have a look at the internal cabling. Unfortunately, internal wiring is up to the homeowner or landlord to fix. Sorry we couldn't be of more help. -Mel

Get an answer from our members and Aussie Broadband representatives