Aussie Broadband NBN 50 (Standard Plus)

Aussie Broadband NBN 50 (Standard Plus)

1,120 reviews
    4.7 (1,081)
    4.9 (1,074)
  • Adequate Speeds Yes (92%) · No

Pat

PatGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Super performing NBN

Super quick connection; excellent after sales service; 73.1 mpbs Download & 13.0 mpbs upload.
In 8 weeks this package has proven to be flawless.
We are super happy and happily recommend Aussie Broadband NBN.

Gerry B

Gerry BBendigo

More than happy with Aussie Broadband

When ABB was advertising a year or so ago I criticized them when I really didn't know what they provided. I know now they provide a very friendly and helpful service with speeds above what I have experienced with the BIGGER players. I would have no hesitation in recommending them to any customer wanting a service that provides exactly what they say they will in the way fo service and speed.

Official RepAussie Broadband

Hi Gerry B, welcome to the Aussie BB family. We’re glad you chose to finally make the switch. Thanks for your review. We're always striving to provide the best, so if you ever see anything that needs improving, please let us know. Cheers, Mel

Megan

MeganHunter Region, NSW

Set and forget

Plug it in internet that is ready to connect to all of your devices. Nil issues with installation, nil reasons to contact the company. Adequate data speed for the family!.

Official RepAussie Broadband

Hi Megan, thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience with us in a review. We really appreciate it. We're so glad that you've had a wonderful experience with our service. Have a fantastic week. Cheers, Mel

Internet Service Providers

Find out how Aussie Broadband NBN 50 (Standard Plus) compares to other Internet Service Providers

Robert

RobertMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Works very well

Referral code if you want $50 off your first bill: [Number Removed].

Very fast and stable. Have had no issues. Would recommend to anyone. Very low ping for gaming (~12). It's good to finally have reliable internet.

Start DateOctober 2020
Official RepAussie Broadband

That’s what we love to hear, Robert! Enjoy the low ping and may the RNG gods be ever in your favour :). Thanks for the great review, hope you have a lovely week. Cheers, James.

Minty

Minty

Fast speeds & you are treated like a human

Why would you even give your money to Telstra/Optus/TPG when these guys exist? Quality service. During peak hours, we get MORE than advertised speeds. Absolutely brilliant. Super easy to set up our router and configure everything, and their dashboard is great too.

Only complaint is the price, as it was recently upped. But apart from that, a brilliant service.

DKC

DKCFrankston

Service manners efficiency

Today 19/10/2020 I called Aussie Broadband customer service with three issues , 2 password problems and a VOIP inquiry...Belynda P in customer service solved all my issues rang me back twice on different lines to check my services.
What more can you want , a lot of of providers could learn a lot from Aussie Broadband no nonsense ! just efficient service!
Dean C

Start DateJanuary 2020
Official RepAussie Broadband

Hi DKC, thanks so much for your review! We've passed on your feedback to Belynda and the team. She'll be thrilled. We really appreciate it. If you see anything that we can do to improve, please let us know. Have a great night. Cheers, Mel

Michaela

MichaelaHunter Region, NSW

This is perfect!

We are a family of 4 and use multiple devices we have never had any issues with this service! Aussie Broadband is one of the easiest and efficient providers
Highly recommended

Official RepAussie Broadband

Wonderful to hear, Michaela! We're so happy that you're having a great experience so far. Thanks so much for your review. If you see anything that we can do to improve, please let us know. Have a great day. Cheers, Mel

Brilliant speed and best Australian support service ever!

Reliable connection. When I have questions in regard to my internet I got quick and effective services. Added bonus you talk with an Australian call center!
Fast and stable speeds for where I live and when maintenance is about to happen you get an email for when it takes place.

Highly recommended!

Start DateJuly 2019
Dana

DanaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent product with excellent service

Strong reliable connection, really easy to use, little to no drop-outs, customer service very helpful and friendly, would recommend Aussie Boradband to anyone - plus they are Australian based. 5 out of 5 stars

Connection TypeI don't know
Official RepAussie Broadband

Unreal! Awesome to see that you are loving your experience with us, Dana :). Thanks for the awesome rating and recommendation, we appreciate it more than you know. Hope you have a smashing week. Cheers, James.

ShareeF

ShareeFSouth East Queensland, QLD

Brilliant speed and best ever Aussie support service

We signed up with Aussie Broadband after being 100% loyal Telstra customers for decades. I have been extremely impressed with the service in connecting the NBN through Aussie in just over a week. This compares to waiting for Telstra for 6 weeks with still no connection. The speed is super fast even though we’re on the 50 plan. Couldn’t be happier!! We’ve recommended 4 other friends and family and they’re all really happy too.

Official RepAussie Broadband

Perfect if like me you do a lot of streaming and gaming, customer service is outstanding I would highly recommended.

I live in the south east of Melbourne, I have not had any drop out issues what so ever I have been with Aussie for 3 months now very happy.

Official RepAussie Broadband

That’s what we love to hear, Willzaud1517 :). South East Melbourne represent! Thanks for the lovely review, we genuinely appreciate it. Hope you have a fantastic week. Cheers, James.

Very happy

Very happyAU

Very happy

Happy with this connection. Reliable. Installation process was smooth and I was impressed with the technician who installed it. After I had a poor experience with Telstra mobile broadband my neighbour recommended Aussie Broadband. Pleased I listened.

Reliable internet, excellent service

Reliable internet, good consistent speeds. You are also pre advised of outages and the app is excellent for viewing your details and managing your service. Support team is excellent and fast to respond.

Official RepAussie Broadband

That’s what we love to hear, Heath :). Glad to see you’re enjoying your experience with us. Thanks for the lovely review, we genuinely appreciate it. Hope you have a wonderful week. Cheers, James.

Bruce

BruceSouth East Queensland, QLD

What a difference from the big providers

Having endured vodafone, optus and telstra in recent years I was recommended to go to Aussie Broadband when NBN became available. What a joy! Easy sign-up process, prompt delivery of modem and booking of tech installation. On the day a cheery tech turned up and after a little fettling we were up and running. A month later and no drop outs (up to 6 per day with Telstra) and consistent speeds above 50 mbps. A far cry from Telstra ADSL which was occasionally so slow I could't load speedtest to let them know how slow our system was.

Data TypeCapped Data
Kath

KathSydney, NSW

Impressed

I had been with westnet for many years and then they were taken over by iinet. Endeavouring to change over from ADSL to NBN with them was horrendous and in the end sort another provider hence Aussie -- wonderful -- so simple to change over and connection service and customer service fantastic cannot recommend highly enough --

Official RepAussie Broadband

Hi Kath, thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience with us in a review. We really appreciate it. We’re glad to hear that you’re loving the service so far. Have a great day. Cheers, Mel

So impressed

From day one dealing with Aussie broadband has been a breeze. Customer service is excellent, staff really listened and understood what I was saying and everything was explained to me clearly. My initial connection problem was sorted on day one and the advice given me to fix the problem was spot on and my problem solved immediately. I’ve had great internet connection, and no drop outs or issues with speed. It was such a pleasure dealing with Aussie broadband that I recommended them to my sons. Not only is the service excellent but it’s great value for money too.

Start DateJune 2020
Official RepAussie Broadband

Hi Emma, that's really wonderful to hear. Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience with us in a review. We really appreciate it. If you see anything that you feel that we could improve, please let us know. Cheers, Mel

Michael

MichaelSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

We enjoy a solid connection with no dropouts so far. Speed is slightly faster than was advertised. Aussie were very quick to send out the modem for initial connection and efficiently organised the NBN connection appointment.

Connection TypeHFC (Cable)
Official RepAussie Broadband

Hi Michael, that's really wonderful to hear. Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience with us in a review. We really appreciate it. If you see anything that you feel that we could improve, please let us know. Cheers, Mel

Shows up Telstra

I had been with Telstra for years and the costs were exorbitant and the service poor. My Daughter recommended I change to Aussie. Aussie was a breath of fresh air.

Connection TypeI don't know
Contract Type12-month contract
Official RepAussie Broadband

Hi Rex, welcome to the Aussie BB family. We’re glad you chose to make the switch. Thanks for your review. We're always striving to provide the best, so if you ever see anything that needs improving, please let us know. Cheers, Mel

Richard

RichardAustralian Capital Territory

I'm really impressed withe Aussie Broadband services

Lately I had another two ISP and my bandwidth was drastically reduced in the pick hours to such level that I was having trouble with watching web streamed programs. After changing to the BB I had not even single problem. The service support team always happy to help. When initially I had problems with the setting of VOIP services they really helped. Also, what really impressed me was the way how they treat customers calling them. If the waiting time is more then 5 minutes they call you back when you are first in the waiting line. Other ISP also have option that they will call you back, but when they call you still have to wait for person answering your call for some time. Aussie Broadband have a real person straight away when called.

Outstanding Customer Service and speed

Outstanding customer service and super speed and no drop outs.extremely satisfied with the service.With my previous RSP I was facing the drop outs due to which I thought to shift on Aussie Broadband.

Official RepAussie Broadband

Hi Fahad, excellent to hear. Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us in a review. We really appreciate it. We're so glad that the dropouts are gone. If you have any problems, please don't hesitate to contact our team. Cheers, Mel

Jaymin B.asked

NBN 50 (Standard Plus)

How good is it for online gaming ? I usually play GTA 5 on laptops and PubG mobile on iphone. I had vodafone serivices before the speed numbers were good on speed test but for some reason ping was way too high in the game. Game worked fine on telstra mobile net or at my friends, but not on vodafone mobile internet. On same nbn I had dodo provider a week ago and the ping was really great. I just want to make sure same does not happen again with my next internet provider.

Official RepAussie Broadband

Hey Jaymin, great question.
Generally Aussie BB has great routing around Australia and whilst we cannot guarantee your ping, it’s normally really solid.
I personally play MW Warzone and never experience lag. I generally have low ping. I just tested my ping to the Aussie BB server and it was 8.
If you want some more information about gaming on our network feel free to visit - https://www.aussiebroadband.com.au/nbn-plans/gamers-nbn/
Hope this helps, but if you have any further questions or comments, feel free to fire them my way :). Cheers, James.

Jaymin B.

Vodafone showed 7 so far, yet in game the ping was too high. And since there is no cooling down period, I am worried about going into contract or paying set up charge if it wont full fill my purpose of gaming.

Official RepAussie Broadband

Fair enough, I can appreciate your concerns. If it helps, we don't offer contracts anymore, all our current residential plans are on a month-to-month basis. So, if it's not what you are looking for then you are free to leave :). Also you shouldn't have any set-up charges, you only need a compatible router for us to transition you to our network. This is assuming you are currently connected to and using the NBN and want to change ISP for your current connection. If you have any further questions, I'm happy to answer anything and everything you've got for me :) (assuming I know the answers lol). Alternatively, you can call our team on 1300 880 905 and fire any questions you have at them and they'd be more than happy to help you out. Cheers, James.

Nick K.

Nick K.asked

NBN 50 (Standard Plus)

I am about to Sign up with Aussie Broadband on a 50/20 plan. I am on FTTN. Anyone already with Aussie Broadband on FTTN with 50/20 plan?? If yes how is the speed that you are getting during peak hours (via Speedtest.net/Speakeasy.net)?
Would you recommend Aussie & this plan. I am in Hillside 3037 Victoria
Nick

BenMiles
BenMiles

Hey Nick. It depends on the quality of your copper wiring to the node and how far you are from that node. For example: I am 1.2km from the node and the quality of the copper is terrible. My maximum possible speed is 37mbps but it proved to be too unstable to use so I went back down to 25/5. :'(

Most modems can tell you what your maximum connection speed is to the node if you log in and check the advanced connection summary settings.

AussieBB have put their hand up and state they will NEVER allow their service to be affected by speed issues, even during peak times. But the internet in general is about 5mbps slower than usual right now with so many people at home.

I would highly recommend NOT using Speedtest.net as they promote services from providers, including Foxtel, Optus, etc so the tests are not reliable as they may be giving you false readings to try and sell you a plan with someone else.

Use Aussie's own speed test here: http://speed.aussiebroadband.com.au/. Or https://www.ozspeedtest.com.

Official RepAussie Broadband

Hi Nick, FTTN, is really dependent on your distance from the node. We will send you a test to let you know your line capabilities after sign up. You can also run the line test in our app after sign up as well. Unfortunately, we cannot guess it prior to those tests. Hope that helps -Mel

rajenfoto

rajenfotoasked

Hi
I got nbn from another bis ISP,
Recently I got droputs, NBN Tech came and said internal wiring issue,
If I move to you guys, can you fix my internal wiring problem?

Official RepAussie Broadband

Hi rajenfoto, no, unfortunately. I would recommend finding a licenced cabler to have a look at the internal cabling. Unfortunately, internal wiring is up to the homeowner or landlord to fix. Sorry we couldn't be of more help. -Mel

Get an answer from our members and Aussie Broadband representatives