Aussie Broadband NBN 50 (Standard Plus)

Aussie Broadband NBN 50 (Standard Plus) (page 2 of 65)

1,300 reviews
    4.5 (1,232)
    4.7 (1,076)
    4.7 (1,230)
  • Adequate Speeds Yes (92%) · No (8%)

Michael

MichaelSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

We enjoy a solid connection with no dropouts so far. Speed is slightly faster than was advertised. Aussie were very quick to send out the modem for initial connection and efficiently organised the NBN connection appointment.

Official RepAussie Broadband

Hi Michael, that's really wonderful to hear. Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience with us in a review. We really appreciate it. If you see anything that you feel that we could improve, please let us know. Cheers, Mel

Shows up Telstra

I had been with Telstra for years and the costs were exorbitant and the service poor. My Daughter recommended I change to Aussie. Aussie was a breath of fresh air.

Contract Type12-month contract
Official RepAussie Broadband

Hi Rex, welcome to the Aussie BB family. We’re glad you chose to make the switch. Thanks for your review. We're always striving to provide the best, so if you ever see anything that needs improving, please let us know. Cheers, Mel

Richard

RichardAustralian Capital Territory

I'm really impressed withe Aussie Broadband services

Lately I had another two ISP and my bandwidth was drastically reduced in the pick hours to such level that I was having trouble with watching web streamed programs. After changing to the BB I had not even single problem. The service support team always happy to help. When initially I had problems with the setting of VOIP services they really helped. Also, what really impressed me was the way how they treat customers calling them. If the waiting time is more then 5 minutes they call you back when you are first in the waiting line. Other ISP also have option that they will call you back, but when they call you still have to wait for person answering your call for some time. Aussie Broadband have a real person straight away when called.

Internet Service Providers

Find out how Aussie Broadband NBN 50 (Standard Plus) compares to other Internet Service Providers

Outstanding Customer Service and speed

Outstanding customer service and super speed and no drop outs.extremely satisfied with the service.With my previous RSP I was facing the drop outs due to which I thought to shift on Aussie Broadband.

Official RepAussie Broadband

Hi Fahad, excellent to hear. Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us in a review. We really appreciate it. We're so glad that the dropouts are gone. If you have any problems, please don't hesitate to contact our team. Cheers, Mel

doggy3815

doggy3815Mid North Coast, NSW

Great service and speed at a reasonable price.

I have a very stable reliable service to my house. Speeds are much faster than my old, higher profile, more expensive telco. Great to speak to an all Australian Company and be able to talk to a local. Very satisfied with all aspects since I changed to Aussie Broadband. Highly recommend.

Sara M.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Fantastic customer service and internet coverage

Very fast internet. My only complaint is that the router doesn't cover as much of the house as I would like. Slower connection in some bedrooms and it's a small house. Otherwise, we love this service and have recommended the company to friends who have also switched over!

Standalone or BundledBundled
Sara M.

Oh thanks Mel, that's great advice! I will try moving it up higher, it's tucked behind the PC, oops! Cheers, Sara

Official RepAussie Broadband

Let us know if you need any help, we've always got your back, Sara :). Cheers, James.

Gale

GaleGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Brilliant fast internet download reliable service

No complaints, service much faster than ADSL and much more reliable Aussie Broadband customer service is very helpful. I went with Aussie on word of mouth cost is very competitive.

David A.

David A.South East Queensland, QLD

Good speed. Odd connection issue

Speed is good most of the time. Some slow times but they don’t last. It does have the odd connection issue where it won’t pick up any server and will have to restart the modem numerous times.

Start DateApril 2020
shauny2807

shauny2807Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Fantastic ISP

Since switching to Aussie Broadband from Optus, my connection has never been faster. I have had no speed issues, have not had to reboot my modem or even acknowledge its existence. This is Internet as it should be

Official RepAussie Broadband

WOW! What a review, Shaun :). I’ll keep this response short and non-existent ;)! Thank you and hope you have a lovely week. Cheers, James.

Daz

DazWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Great product

If service is not working you are told
Not had service like this before
Sign up was no drama and staff are very helpful

These guys want your business

Good job

Official RepAussie Broadband

Love it, Daz! Thanks so much for your review - I'll pass your feedback on to the team. They'll love it too. We sincerely appreciate it. If you see anything that we can do to improve, please let us know. Have a great week. Cheers, Mel

Rock solid and super-fast internet

The service is sensational, the speed is amazing (especially upload which I use a lot) and its always solid and stable. So happy I changed from Optus and I’ll stay with Aussie.

Official RepAussie Broadband

That’s what we love to hear, Simon! Welcome to our family, it’s awesome to see made a difference in your ISP experience :). Thanks for the amazing review, we appreciate it. Hope you have a lovely week. Cheers, James.

Neville B.

Neville B.South East Queensland, QLD

Aussie Broadband got it right first time and has kept it right.

After 4 years of a poor to non functioning NBN through another provider I changed to Aussie Broadband they got it right first time and have kept it right since. Current speed tests 54.32Mbps download
10.32Mbps upload, previous download with other provider was consistently around 7Mbps.
Able to call Australian based Technicians a massive deal breaker and the reason for such a good reliable service.

Data TypeCapped Data

Aussie Broadband rocks

Awesome Australian based service. Always quickly address any problems. Not the cheapest but the best.Typical speeds 20% higher than with last provider . Installation was fast and seamless. Highly recommended Amazing

Official RepAussie Broadband

WOOHOO! Love it, Gary! So great to hear that we’ve made a real difference to your internet experience :). Thanks for the awesome review and recommendation, we really appreciate it. Hope you have a smashing week. Cheers, James.

Pete

PeteNortheast, VIC

Excellent so far

Since swapping to ABB from the big T Ive had absolutely zero issues.
Not one single dropout as yet. Speed same as Ive always had.And, if you need to contact them via phone (I did just to confirm some details) you get through quick, and talk to someone that speaks english. No chat app needed either unlike you know who who.
No sign up fees, no change of plan fees, no contracts.
From my personal experience so far I cannot fault them and see no reason to go anywhere else.

Brunski

BrunskiSydney, NSW

Fantastic. The speed and reliability matches their promise.

Reliable, strong, fast upload and download speeds throughout the entire day.
Download speed often exceeds 50 mbs. Have not experienced any unplanned outages.
Customer service is excellent and waiting times to actually speak to someone is acceptable.

Official RepAussie Broadband

Love it, Brunski. Awesome to see that you are enjoying our service, speeds and support :). Thanks for taking the time to leave us an awesome review and rating, we genuinely appreciate. Hope you have a lovely weekend. Cheers, James.

Tony

TonySouth East Queensland, QLD

Highly recommend Aussies!

Accurate speeds, have only had a couple of dropouts straight after connection but no problems since. Customer service is amazing and it’s great to speak to aussies when you do need to speak with them which was only when we first signed up.

Official RepAussie Broadband

Hi Tony, fantastic to hear that you're enjoying our service and our support. Thanks so much for your review, we really appreciate it. If you see anything that we can do to improve, please let us know. Cheers, Mel

Dave P.

Dave P.Perth, WA

So far so good

No problems with the service provided apart for a cable issue ( nothing to do with ABB )
Speed tests have matched speeds advertised by ABB for my plan. Keep up the good work.

Simple, reliable, fast

Internet connection was simple, modem arrived promptly and worked straight away. Communication and support was responsive and helpful. Billing was accurate and reasonably priced. Minimal dropouts and they are proactive about pre warning any NBN scheduled outages.

Contract Type6-month contract
Paul L

Paul LGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Fantastic problem free service, communication and support!!

mark_darmok

mark_darmokGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Aussie Broadband's customer service team are Australians.

All I ever wanted with the internet is a reliable service and if things go wrong to be able to contact an AUSTRALIAN customer service team who live and work in AUSTRALIA. You might pay and extra $5 a month compared to others but its worth it if it keeps Aussies employed and the call center you speak to is an English speaking Australian. Aussie Broadband are the BEST.

Contract Type12-month contract

Jaymin B.asked

NBN 50 (Standard Plus)

How good is it for online gaming ? I usually play GTA 5 on laptops and PubG mobile on iphone. I had vodafone serivices before the speed numbers were good on speed test but for some reason ping was way too high in the game. Game worked fine on telstra mobile net or at my friends, but not on vodafone mobile internet. On same nbn I had dodo provider a week ago and the ping was really great. I just want to make sure same does not happen again with my next internet provider.

Official RepAussie Broadband

Hey Jaymin, great question.
Generally Aussie BB has great routing around Australia and whilst we cannot guarantee your ping, it’s normally really solid.
I personally play MW Warzone and never experience lag. I generally have low ping. I just tested my ping to the Aussie BB server and it was 8.
If you want some more information about gaming on our network feel free to visit - https://www.aussiebroadband.com.au/nbn-plans/gamers-nbn/
Hope this helps, but if you have any further questions or comments, feel free to fire them my way :). Cheers, James.

Jaymin B.

Vodafone showed 7 so far, yet in game the ping was too high. And since there is no cooling down period, I am worried about going into contract or paying set up charge if it wont full fill my purpose of gaming.

Official RepAussie Broadband

Fair enough, I can appreciate your concerns. If it helps, we don't offer contracts anymore, all our current residential plans are on a month-to-month basis. So, if it's not what you are looking for then you are free to leave :). Also you shouldn't have any set-up charges, you only need a compatible router for us to transition you to our network. This is assuming you are currently connected to and using the NBN and want to change ISP for your current connection. If you have any further questions, I'm happy to answer anything and everything you've got for me :) (assuming I know the answers lol). Alternatively, you can call our team on 1300 880 905 and fire any questions you have at them and they'd be more than happy to help you out. Cheers, James.

Nick K.

Nick K.asked

NBN 50 (Standard Plus)

I am about to Sign up with Aussie Broadband on a 50/20 plan. I am on FTTN. Anyone already with Aussie Broadband on FTTN with 50/20 plan?? If yes how is the speed that you are getting during peak hours (via Speedtest.net/Speakeasy.net)?
Would you recommend Aussie & this plan. I am in Hillside 3037 Victoria
Nick

BenMiles
BenMiles

Hey Nick. It depends on the quality of your copper wiring to the node and how far you are from that node. For example: I am 1.2km from the node and the quality of the copper is terrible. My maximum possible speed is 37mbps but it proved to be too unstable to use so I went back down to 25/5. :'(

Most modems can tell you what your maximum connection speed is to the node if you log in and check the advanced connection summary settings.

AussieBB have put their hand up and state they will NEVER allow their service to be affected by speed issues, even during peak times. But the internet in general is about 5mbps slower than usual right now with so many people at home.

I would highly recommend NOT using Speedtest.net as they promote services from providers, including Foxtel, Optus, etc so the tests are not reliable as they may be giving you false readings to try and sell you a plan with someone else.

Use Aussie's own speed test here: http://speed.aussiebroadband.com.au/. Or https://www.ozspeedtest.com.

Official RepAussie Broadband

Hi Nick, FTTN, is really dependent on your distance from the node. We will send you a test to let you know your line capabilities after sign up. You can also run the line test in our app after sign up as well. Unfortunately, we cannot guess it prior to those tests. Hope that helps -Mel

rajenfoto

rajenfotoasked

Hi
I got nbn from another bis ISP,
Recently I got droputs, NBN Tech came and said internal wiring issue,
If I move to you guys, can you fix my internal wiring problem?

Official RepAussie Broadband

Hi rajenfoto, no, unfortunately. I would recommend finding a licenced cabler to have a look at the internal cabling. Unfortunately, internal wiring is up to the homeowner or landlord to fix. Sorry we couldn't be of more help. -Mel

Get an answer from our members and Aussie Broadband representatives