Aussie Broadband NBN 50 (Standard Plus)

Aussie Broadband NBN 50 (Standard Plus) (page 3 of 65)

1,300 reviews
    4.5 (1,232)
    4.7 (1,076)
    4.7 (1,230)
  • Adequate Speeds Yes (92%) · No (8%)

Brittney

BrittneyVictoria

Such a great purchase

Ever since WFH my previous internet was horrible, it kept dropping out and loading anything would take forever but since I found Aussie Broadband life has become so much easier! Now I'm able to do my job properly without having to worry about my internet connection. When I was setting it up, it was so easy and their customer representatives are lovely and so helpful no matter the quiry.

Official RepAussie Broadband

Amazing to hear we could make WFH a little bit more bearable, Brittney :). Thanks you for the kind words and the awesome review, we genuinely appreciate it. Hope you have a wonderful week. Cheers, James.

Ben D.

Ben D.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great customer service

Aussie does what they say they will do.
As simple as calling back when they say they will so you don't have to chase them around to fix a problem.
Which was my fault anyway haha

Official RepAussie Broadband

That’s what we love to hear, Ben :). Great to see we’ve made a real difference and helped fix the problem. Thanks for the fantastic review, we really appreciate it. Hope you have a lovely week. Cheers, James.

Wordyworder

WordyworderHunter Region, NSW

Easy simple connect ethical Australian on shore

Overall I'm very happy as the service was so very easy to set up connect etc... the connection is steady and reliable. . the speed is adequate but, sadly there's a but, I'm not getting the speed I'm paying for, never once, in or out of peak period do i get higher than 27mps when I'm paying for 45.. maybe i should reduce my plan?
But overall as stated i am happy to recommend this awesome AUSTRALIAN company ..

Internet Service Providers

Find out how Aussie Broadband NBN 50 (Standard Plus) compares to other Internet Service Providers

Bianca T.

Bianca T.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

So happy I made the move!

I moved over to Aussie Broadband a few months ago after receiving years of terrible internet and customer service from another provider. The setup was easy and they patiently went through each step with me as I am technology-illiterate. We had a couple of drop outs in the first few weeks which they acknowledged and addressed immediately, and since we have had amazing connection even through COVID with everyone working from home. Their customer service is my favourite thing though, you can call almost any time of day and speak to a real, empathetic person within MINUTES. They are all so friendly and so helpful, I was so impressed I even moved my mobile phone plan over to them!

Denis

DenisGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

excellent customer service

When I called for help at setup, Aussie Broadband technicians were friendly and knowledgeable. My issues were promptly solved, and I was given good general advice. Also satisfied with current speed.

Official RepAussie Broadband

Thanks so much Denis! We're so happy to hear that your issues were solved promptly. Thank you for your review, we really appreciate it. If you see anything that we can do to improve, please don't hesitate to let us know. Cheers, Mel

Janna Enger

Janna EngerSydney, NSW

Connection very smooth and speed much better

We had NBN connected mid August with no fuss whatsoever. Everything worked seamlessly on the day. Our internet speeds have now improved markedly and we have had no issues at all. Very professional support staff who prepared us well for the transition.

Official RepAussie Broadband

That’s what we love to hear, Janna :)! Great to see you had a seamless transition and are enjoying our service. Thanks for the awesome review, we really appreciate it. Hope you have a lovely week. Cheers, James.

Dr J. Green

Dr J. GreenSouth East Queensland, QLD

The only ISP worth having.

I received 3/4 of my money back yeiii

Richard

RichardSouth East Queensland, QLD

Ditch the other providers, move to AussieBB

AussieBB customer service is awesome and true Aussie spirit. Having an on shore team make support and fault resolution so easy!
I was having speed issues, called AussieBB, it was all fixed in 10 minutes, router needed a firmware update . Brilliant, keep up the great work guys.

By the way, the new UI for the router is great!

pan054

pan054

Great support, great product

Tam

TamGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

So glad I chose Aussie Broadband!!

After doing lots of research, I went with Aussie broadband. I've never had any connection issues, which has been great for streaming my TV shows and attending live zoom classes. Easy set up. Great company. I could not be happier!

Official RepAussie Broadband

We love hearing when our customers are happy, Tam :). Makes our day! Welcome to our family, we’re so glad you’re loving your experience with us. Thanks for the amazing review, we genuinely appreciate it. Hope you have a fantastic week. Cheers, James.

Great connection, no dropouts!

Since swapping to Aussie I feel one of life's hassles has dissapeared. I can always get a person on the phone to answaer any queries. I am very happy with aussie broadband and mobile services.

Official RepAussie Broadband

Hi Paul, thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience with us in a review. We really appreciate it. We're so glad that you've had a wonderful experience with both our service and our support team. Have a fantastic week. Cheers, Mel

Stress and unnecessary headaches

Bec K

Bec KSouthwest, VIC

Do Not Use!!!

Promised 1000mbps/50mbps. If unsatisified with speeds / speeds are not met, free cancellation and money refunded. LIARS! We stayed connected for 3 days- made contact to disconnect. A month later they deducted $149 from our credit card. Got in contact with customer service, they said this shouldn't have happened and will refund us. However 2 weeks later, received $134 refund. Contacted customer service again and they said they have kept the money for the 3 days it was in use. Do not use

JD17

JD17Kendenup

Good service but...

marshall

Expected great things, got a service worse than my ADSL

Official RepAussie Broadband

Hey Marshall, someone from our team tried to call you but went to voicemail, I've passed on the fault no. to our team and they've scheduled another call-back at 4:30, if you'd like a different time just let me know :). Cheers, James.

reliable service

prompt on the phone no speed issues. Only been with them for 3 months but very happy, and good price too. No lock in contract either would recommend them 100 percent

Official RepAussie Broadband

Hi daniel, thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience with us in a review. We really appreciate it. We're so glad that you've had a wonderful experience with both our service and our support team. Have a fantastic week. Cheers, Mel

bbwgus

bbwgusGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Should have done it sooner!

It has been a month since I ditched Telstra ADSL (always damn slow) and 8 days without service or a resolution and swapped to Aussie NBN. Not a missed beat, not any downtime, not any problem at peak times, not any extra money. Just pure speed.

Telstra, when you snooze, you lose!

Steve. N

Steve. NGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

So far, so good!

Everything worked as promised. Installation was on time and professional, even in the middle of Covid lockdown. Evening internet speeds are always above 50mbps. Streaming TV takes only a few seconds to load. So far there has been no interruptions to service which were frequent with our old Telstra plan, which was slower and more expensive! I don't usually leave reviews but I chose Aussie Broadband based on the good reviews, so I thought I should share my positive experience with Aussie after 3 months as a new customer.

DNguyen

DNguyenGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Amazing service

I have been with Aussie NBN for almost two months now and I couldn't be happier with the service. We have had a couple of outages, one was due to the extreme weather we had in the area, but they were fixed very quickly. The Aussie Customer Service team is exceptional to deal with. I greatly appreciate their honesty when you enquire about a dropout, none of the crap you get from the bigger players that make you go through numerous trouble shootings for months on end. I would recommend Aussie anytime, in fact, I am already doing that with my local community.

Jaymin B.asked

NBN 50 (Standard Plus)

How good is it for online gaming ? I usually play GTA 5 on laptops and PubG mobile on iphone. I had vodafone serivices before the speed numbers were good on speed test but for some reason ping was way too high in the game. Game worked fine on telstra mobile net or at my friends, but not on vodafone mobile internet. On same nbn I had dodo provider a week ago and the ping was really great. I just want to make sure same does not happen again with my next internet provider.

Official RepAussie Broadband

Hey Jaymin, great question.
Generally Aussie BB has great routing around Australia and whilst we cannot guarantee your ping, it’s normally really solid.
I personally play MW Warzone and never experience lag. I generally have low ping. I just tested my ping to the Aussie BB server and it was 8.
If you want some more information about gaming on our network feel free to visit - https://www.aussiebroadband.com.au/nbn-plans/gamers-nbn/
Hope this helps, but if you have any further questions or comments, feel free to fire them my way :). Cheers, James.

Jaymin B.

Vodafone showed 7 so far, yet in game the ping was too high. And since there is no cooling down period, I am worried about going into contract or paying set up charge if it wont full fill my purpose of gaming.

Official RepAussie Broadband

Fair enough, I can appreciate your concerns. If it helps, we don't offer contracts anymore, all our current residential plans are on a month-to-month basis. So, if it's not what you are looking for then you are free to leave :). Also you shouldn't have any set-up charges, you only need a compatible router for us to transition you to our network. This is assuming you are currently connected to and using the NBN and want to change ISP for your current connection. If you have any further questions, I'm happy to answer anything and everything you've got for me :) (assuming I know the answers lol). Alternatively, you can call our team on 1300 880 905 and fire any questions you have at them and they'd be more than happy to help you out. Cheers, James.

Nick K.

Nick K.asked

NBN 50 (Standard Plus)

I am about to Sign up with Aussie Broadband on a 50/20 plan. I am on FTTN. Anyone already with Aussie Broadband on FTTN with 50/20 plan?? If yes how is the speed that you are getting during peak hours (via Speedtest.net/Speakeasy.net)?
Would you recommend Aussie & this plan. I am in Hillside 3037 Victoria
Nick

BenMiles
BenMiles

Hey Nick. It depends on the quality of your copper wiring to the node and how far you are from that node. For example: I am 1.2km from the node and the quality of the copper is terrible. My maximum possible speed is 37mbps but it proved to be too unstable to use so I went back down to 25/5. :'(

Most modems can tell you what your maximum connection speed is to the node if you log in and check the advanced connection summary settings.

AussieBB have put their hand up and state they will NEVER allow their service to be affected by speed issues, even during peak times. But the internet in general is about 5mbps slower than usual right now with so many people at home.

I would highly recommend NOT using Speedtest.net as they promote services from providers, including Foxtel, Optus, etc so the tests are not reliable as they may be giving you false readings to try and sell you a plan with someone else.

Use Aussie's own speed test here: http://speed.aussiebroadband.com.au/. Or https://www.ozspeedtest.com.

Official RepAussie Broadband

Hi Nick, FTTN, is really dependent on your distance from the node. We will send you a test to let you know your line capabilities after sign up. You can also run the line test in our app after sign up as well. Unfortunately, we cannot guess it prior to those tests. Hope that helps -Mel

rajenfoto

rajenfotoasked

Hi
I got nbn from another bis ISP,
Recently I got droputs, NBN Tech came and said internal wiring issue,
If I move to you guys, can you fix my internal wiring problem?

Official RepAussie Broadband

Hi rajenfoto, no, unfortunately. I would recommend finding a licenced cabler to have a look at the internal cabling. Unfortunately, internal wiring is up to the homeowner or landlord to fix. Sorry we couldn't be of more help. -Mel

Get an answer from our members and Aussie Broadband representatives