Aussie Broadband NBN 50 (Standard Plus)

Aussie Broadband NBN 50 (Standard Plus) (page 4 of 65)

1,300 reviews
    4.5 (1,232)
    4.7 (1,076)
    4.7 (1,230)
  • Adequate Speeds Yes (92%) · No (8%)

Next level speed and customer service

Since moving over from Telstra I’ve never looked back. The speed, reliability and customer service in particular is second to none. I’m so glad I made the switch. The Google nest is also brilliant on the network. Thank you

Official RepAussie Broadband

Internet is patchy and they put up plan costs due to floating on the ASX

Internet has regularly been patchy and unreliable to work from home. They just emailed me to say that my plan cost was going up $4 per month after also emailing me to say I could buy in to their initial ASX share offering. They are clearly changing their local customer service focus and want to show increased profits to prop up their share price.

Raineanne

RaineanneGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Brilliant customer service.

Signed up to Aussie NBN a couple of months ago on the recommendations of many people in my area. The customer service has been amazing. The actually connection was straight forward and easy. I wasn't able to get the fastest speed as hoped but not unexpected in the area I live. The customer service team called and let me know the actually speed and offered to change me to a cheaper plan. Amazingly honest, helpful and efficient staff. Just the sort of good old fashion service that we all dream about. Thanks Aussie.

Internet Service Providers

Find out how Aussie Broadband NBN 50 (Standard Plus) compares to other Internet Service Providers

Craig

CraigSouth East Queensland, QLD

Three cheers for Aussie Broadband

Rob

RobSydney, NSW

It just works!!!

Two months in after ditching Telstra and everything promised achieved. Speed is as promised or higher, no dropouts in evenings or after school hrs, queries answered immediately, whats not to love??!!! Brilliant

Official RepAussie Broadband

Hot damn! Love it, Rob! Welcome to our family, we’re so glad to hear that you are loving your experience with us :). Thanks for the amazing review, we appreciate you. Hope you have a lovely end to your week. Cheers, James.

LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

Reliable and quick connection with barely any dropouts. Only had one issue with my NBN connection but one quick call and it was fixed promptly and the customer service officer was friendly and accommodating. Extremely satisfied with my service!

Official RepAussie Broadband

That’s what we love to hear, Jordan! So glad to see we’ve made a real difference :). Thanks for the awesome review, we appreciate it. Hope you have a lovely end to your week. Cheers, James.

Finally an ISP I love

Ive only just signed with Aussie Broadband and am so happy with their amazing and honest service. Having just been through a nightmare with Hellstra by only being able to message their customer service team who would send me around in circles , i loved being able to speak to someone in Australia who helped me with such great speed, efficiency and most importantly honesty!
Please go with Aussie Broadband if you need a new ISP.

Aussie Broadband have been great

Aussie Broadband's communication re: our NBN set up was excellent. And quick. Their service has been helpful and the team seem to know their stuff. We're very happy. {(I never thought I'd say that about an internet provider.)

King Marty

King MartySydney, NSW

finally, a good Telco!

Aussie Broadband has a very good product and customer service.
My ordering and cutover process was painless
the service since cutover has performed very well
A refreshing change from other Telcos I have dealt with in the past.

Sue

SueGippsland, VIC

Exceptional service

Changed our service from another provider to Aussie Broadband and cannot say enough good things about Aussie. Wow should have changed years ago! Would recommend to everyone, love their service.

Official RepAussie Broadband

We’re just happy you’re with us now, Sue :). Welcome to our family, we’re so happy you’re loving your switch. Thanks for being so passionate and recommending us, we genuinely appreciate it. Hope you have a delightful day. Cheers, James.

Wayne

WayneSydney Surrounds, NSW

Absolutely great. Haven’t been on internet for years and Aussie Broadband Takes the cake

Great speed with no drop outs. Couldn’t ask for any better. I have the Aussie Broadband on 24/7. Love watching movies now instead of the recurring shows that keep repeating

Andy Q

Andy QSydney

Excellent support service

The Aussie Broadband NBN 50 connection is well priced, with no "tricks" (unlike some others I surveyed before purchasing) and with performance matching or exceeding their advertised data rates. The most important thing, however, is that their support people are super-easy to contact and have all been genuinely helpful. We did have a few setup niggles (including VoIP) but all issues were quickly fixed with easy phone calls and negligible hold-time. I certainly wouldn't go back to my old provider (the "biggest" one) and have no trouble recommending AB based on my experience (as at Sept 2020).

Excellent Service

Best service provider hands down!

Jackie

JackieSydney, NSW

Simply the best!!!

Have been with Aussie for 12months now since changing from TPG. So happy with this service. No problems with connection ever. They were also happy to help with issue that didn’t involve them.

Official RepAussie Broadband

That’s what we love to hear, Jackie! So amazing to see that we were able to make a big difference in your internet provider experience :). Thanks for the awesome review and rating, we appreciate it. Hope you have a wonderful week. Cheers, James.

Oh what a difference!

What a difference Aussie is compared to the mob we left. It is so,good,to,actually be able to talk to someone when you need to. The other mob didn’t even have a phone number to call. What a difference to be able to be online without drop outs. 20 out of 10 Aussie!

Solid

We had numerous dropouts that TPG could never get to the bottom of. We switched to Aussie Broadband. The drop outs initially continued but thanks to superb customer service staff who didn't follow scripts/didn't transfer us/were clear to understand on phone lines that don't disconnect/so stayed with our case with NBN until closure, we now have a great service. Very satisfied customer; I strongly recommend Aussie Broadband.

Official RepAussie Broadband

Hot damn! Love it, Mark! Glad we could help you out and get your connection fixed :). Thanks for the unreal review and recommendation, we genuinely appreciate it. Hope you have a lovely week. Cheers, James.

Luke

LukeGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Best ISP experience I've had

After becoming accustomed to bare minimum service and clunky (at best) experiences with other ISPs Aussie is a breath of fresh air. Simple sign-up, reliable high-speed service and pragmatic and quick troubleshooting when required.
Highly recommended.

mandymoo67

mandymoo67South East Queensland, QLD

Why did i wait so long to change?

Connection was a breeze, regular updates received, absolutely no concerns. Billing is direct debit only (which i hate) but is handled well, a simple bill & receipt, can't ask for more really. No faults in connection for 3 months now, working from home (where employer's security slows everything & makes life hell - not Aussiebroadband's fault in any way) but for personal use absolutely no complaints. Sorry Telstra, i've been with you for 32 years!!!! but your LACK of service, awful service, over many years has finally outweighed your apparently better products. Sheesh Telstra, even getting you to cancel my service has taken over 3 months and is STILL not resolved!!

Jennifer M.

Jennifer M.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent Service

Overwhelmingly happy with my swap to Aussie broadband great service and customer care.
Service and speed is awesome with no issues whatsoever even In busy Times, the app is very informative and easy to navigate.

PatrickH_3192

PatrickH_3192

An RSP that delivers. After struggling to get a decent stream after 7:30pm, after the change I get >40/18 consistently.

No dropouts and consitent good speeds. After problems we had with the last provider, i’ve been running Speed tests often, and it always sits around the 50/20 mark. Very happy!

Official RepAussie Broadband

Welcome to our family, Patrick :). Awesome to hear that we’ve made a real difference and you’re loving your speeds. Thanks for the unreal review and rating, we genuinely appreciate it. Cheers, James.

Jaymin B.asked

NBN 50 (Standard Plus)

How good is it for online gaming ? I usually play GTA 5 on laptops and PubG mobile on iphone. I had vodafone serivices before the speed numbers were good on speed test but for some reason ping was way too high in the game. Game worked fine on telstra mobile net or at my friends, but not on vodafone mobile internet. On same nbn I had dodo provider a week ago and the ping was really great. I just want to make sure same does not happen again with my next internet provider.

Official RepAussie Broadband

Hey Jaymin, great question.
Generally Aussie BB has great routing around Australia and whilst we cannot guarantee your ping, it’s normally really solid.
I personally play MW Warzone and never experience lag. I generally have low ping. I just tested my ping to the Aussie BB server and it was 8.
If you want some more information about gaming on our network feel free to visit - https://www.aussiebroadband.com.au/nbn-plans/gamers-nbn/
Hope this helps, but if you have any further questions or comments, feel free to fire them my way :). Cheers, James.

Jaymin B.

Vodafone showed 7 so far, yet in game the ping was too high. And since there is no cooling down period, I am worried about going into contract or paying set up charge if it wont full fill my purpose of gaming.

Official RepAussie Broadband

Fair enough, I can appreciate your concerns. If it helps, we don't offer contracts anymore, all our current residential plans are on a month-to-month basis. So, if it's not what you are looking for then you are free to leave :). Also you shouldn't have any set-up charges, you only need a compatible router for us to transition you to our network. This is assuming you are currently connected to and using the NBN and want to change ISP for your current connection. If you have any further questions, I'm happy to answer anything and everything you've got for me :) (assuming I know the answers lol). Alternatively, you can call our team on 1300 880 905 and fire any questions you have at them and they'd be more than happy to help you out. Cheers, James.

Nick K.

Nick K.asked

NBN 50 (Standard Plus)

I am about to Sign up with Aussie Broadband on a 50/20 plan. I am on FTTN. Anyone already with Aussie Broadband on FTTN with 50/20 plan?? If yes how is the speed that you are getting during peak hours (via Speedtest.net/Speakeasy.net)?
Would you recommend Aussie & this plan. I am in Hillside 3037 Victoria
Nick

BenMiles
BenMiles

Hey Nick. It depends on the quality of your copper wiring to the node and how far you are from that node. For example: I am 1.2km from the node and the quality of the copper is terrible. My maximum possible speed is 37mbps but it proved to be too unstable to use so I went back down to 25/5. :'(

Most modems can tell you what your maximum connection speed is to the node if you log in and check the advanced connection summary settings.

AussieBB have put their hand up and state they will NEVER allow their service to be affected by speed issues, even during peak times. But the internet in general is about 5mbps slower than usual right now with so many people at home.

I would highly recommend NOT using Speedtest.net as they promote services from providers, including Foxtel, Optus, etc so the tests are not reliable as they may be giving you false readings to try and sell you a plan with someone else.

Use Aussie's own speed test here: http://speed.aussiebroadband.com.au/. Or https://www.ozspeedtest.com.

Official RepAussie Broadband

Hi Nick, FTTN, is really dependent on your distance from the node. We will send you a test to let you know your line capabilities after sign up. You can also run the line test in our app after sign up as well. Unfortunately, we cannot guess it prior to those tests. Hope that helps -Mel

rajenfoto

rajenfotoasked

Hi
I got nbn from another bis ISP,
Recently I got droputs, NBN Tech came and said internal wiring issue,
If I move to you guys, can you fix my internal wiring problem?

Official RepAussie Broadband

Hi rajenfoto, no, unfortunately. I would recommend finding a licenced cabler to have a look at the internal cabling. Unfortunately, internal wiring is up to the homeowner or landlord to fix. Sorry we couldn't be of more help. -Mel

Get an answer from our members and Aussie Broadband representatives