Aussie Broadband
4.5 from 2,151 reviews

Fantastic customer service and great value for money

Switched from a different ISP to Aussie Broadband a couple of months ago when I joined the NBN. They had a more affordable basic plan - and then they didn't try to get me to upsize it so they could get more $ out of me, which I really appreciated. The internet service has been good so far, but the customer service has been outstanding. From the get-go they've been good to deal with, then I stuffed up my set-up - long story - but the tech support dude was fantastic. Patiently talked me through what to do, had a laugh with me, fixed my issue. I couldn't be happier. And it felt good knowing he's a local, working in country Victoria. Can't recommend them highly enough. Very good value for money.

Connection TypeHFC (Cable)
Thank you very much for the feedback, Len! We're glad you are happy with your service. If you notice any areas where you think we can improve, please let us know. Cheers!

Very Good Service & Internet

I joined Aussie Broadband NBN 50mbs Unlimited 3 months ago.
All I can say is everything is great. :)
No disconnections & I am a gamer. Great for Gaming & streaming Netflix etc.
I even have my mobile telephone service with Aussie BB & that is perfect too.
LOVE Aussie BB. Very Good Customer Service from the team in Victoria Australia.
I thoroughly recommend them.

Start DateJanuary 2019
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Dave, thank you so much for the review! We're glad that we can provide you with an awesome connection. If there is any areas where you think we could improve, please let the team know. Cheers!

Very satisfied customer

Always been very happy with aussiebroadband and now with NBN even happier. Service is great, no dropouts. Customer service is always excellent , not that I have had any issues. Have been an aussiebroadband customer for 10 years and would highly recommend this company.

Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Lynn, thank you so much for your review! Here's to another 10 years of awesome service - cheers!

Can't recommend them enough

kudos to their Technical staff for excellent customer service. They go above and beyond to help you fix the technical problem. Clear communication from company if there's any outage planned. Fast and reliable service.

Start DateOctober 2018
Connection TypeHFC (Cable)
Hi Bhavit, thank you so much for your review! If you know of any areas where you believe we could improve, please let us know. Cheers!

Best ever

After Inet. Could not get us going after 3 weeks told not to bother went to Aussie Broadband got us going less 1 hour never look back never any problems alway lets you know if any work is getting done in your area .

Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Robyn Ann, thank you for your review! We're glad we could get you up and running quickly. If there is any areas where you believe we could improve, please let the team know! Cheers!

Great internet, great service.

My experience with Aussie Broadband is very fast, reliable and great customer service. I'm highly recommend Aussie Broadband to family and friends because there are the best in the business.

Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Thank you for the review, Galvins! We're glad you're happy with our services. If you notice any areas where you think we could improve, please let our team know. Cheers!

Exceeding Expectations

Wow....an internet provider that actually delivers what they promise - who would of thought it possible.

My 100mb line consistently achieves 95mb even through evening peak. The service was up and running in less than 2 hours after transferring from another NBN provider who couldn't deliver 20mb during peak on same modem and equipment. They might be a bit more expensive but you get what you pay for and I couldn't be happier - well done guys and girls at Aussie

Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Jame, thank you so much for the feedback! We're glad you're happy with your speeds now. If there is any areas where we can improve, please let our team know. Cheers!

Asked AussieBB to change my IP address and they refuse to do so. Very disappointed.

Very disappointed. I have signed up for a plan with dynamic IP address and I need my IP address to change. My service prevents me from reaching the servers I need and AussieBB just refuses to help.
I called them up first time regards this matter they told me not a problem just restart your modem and in 30min your IP shall change. However nothing happened after a week called them back and asked them why to head they are not going to do anything. they cant even honour their own word. pathetic

Also my service is 100Mbps and i only receive 95Mbps. My modem connection speed is almost 140mbps.

Will not recommend to anyone.

Start DateAugust 2018
Adequate Speeds No
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi minoo, we're sorry to hear that you haven't had a good experience. It's certainly not something we want for our customers. I will send you a PM to get some details from you so that I can look into your IP issue. Cheers.

A brilliant Australian business, excellent service!

Everything went smoothly from my first inquiry to everything up and running. Great to talk to Australians and not overseas call centres. A very professional, honest company. Highly recommend them.

Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTC (Fibre to the Curb)
Hi Forra, thank you very much for the feedback! We're glad to hear that you are happy with your services. If you know of any areas where you think we can improve, please let them team know. Cheers!

Works well for us

Some issues but all are NBN problems not Aussie, support was helpful and accurate just had to wait to NBN fixed their issues.
We have three NBN connections so far and will continue with them

Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Colin, thank you so much for the review! If you see any areas where you think we can improve please let them team know. Cheers!

Aussie is great

I have no complaints at all with the service very reliable and I have found their call centre staff to be extremely friendly and helpful what a change compared to my former telco very happy I changed

Contract Type12-month contract
Connection TypeHFC (Cable)
Hi Neroli M, thank you for the positive feedback. If you do notice any areas where we can improve, please let us know. Cheers!

Has not missed a beat since the get go, super helpful - helpline and I couldn’t be happier - Go Aussie Broadband.

Super reliable, great speeds, excellent equipment. The whole process from the start could be better. Aussie Broadband are a super efficient company, that I highly recommend, to anyone looking to change.

Data TypeUnlimited Data
Hi Shane, thank you very much for the review! Which areas do you believe we can improve on? We always happy to take on feedback from our customers to improve their experience. Cheers.

Best broadband service

Polite, prompt, informative, timely, are words to describe service received to date. Really good experience and recommend them strongly. If you want the best possible service, this is The company to choose. And the speed is fast.

Data TypeUnlimited Data
Hi Ian, thank you very much for the positive review! If you notice any areas where you believe we can improve please let us know! Cheers.

Fantastic ISP

These guys are what Internode was before it became terrible and sold out. If you long for what an ISP used to be in Australia, these guys are for you.

Contract Type24-month contract
Connection TypeHFC (Cable)
Thank you for the feedback Adam S! We're glad that you're happy with our services. If there is any areas where you believe we can improve, please let our team know! Cheers.

download 19Mbps upload 5Mbps ping 15ms / paying $100 every month

drops out everyday
going worse even after complaint
just writing before I terminate this service with ABB
sick and tired of using my mobile hot spot to play my internet game wihtout dropout

Contract Type24-month contract
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi S Steven. We're sorry to hear that you have not had a good experience. That's certainly not something we would like for our customers. I will be in touch with you to look into your speed issues and drop outs. Cheers.

Fantastic NBN service!!

Fantastic service from ABB. Modem received and NBN service set up within 5 days of placing order. No issues with speed and reliability. Great that you can tailor your speed and data to your needs. Would thoroughly recommend!!

Data TypeCapped Data
Hi Richard. Thank you very much for the feedback, we're glad your happy with our plan selection and service! If you do notice any areas where we can improve, please let us know. Cheers!

Best Service Experience Ever

As promised the call centre is Australian.
This is invaluable when sorting tech issues. We were able to setup and close down our new for old system with one call and have not looked back.

Start DateJanuary 2019
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi M Kelly, thank you very much for feedback! If you notice any areas where we can improve, please let our team know. Cheers!

You get the speed and back up service as promised

Very reliable
In 3 months maybe 1 dropout
Called technical for an issue and it was resolved very quickly
Ease of set up and speed is excellent I’m on 50 Mbps plan and receiving 47-48 Mbps
Great to support Aussie business with local people involved

Data TypeUnlimited Data
Thank you for the feedback Mac M! We're glad to hear that you are happy with your service. If you notice any areas where we can improve, be sure to let us know! Cheers.

GREAT - Why wouldn't you connect with them!?

SO far so good with Aussie Broadband, reliable connection with no dropouts, competitive pricing and their customer service team are friendly, helpful and best of all the contact center is in Australia!

Connection TypeI don't know
Thank you for the feedback Justine! If you notice any areas where we can improve please let us know. Cheers.

If Issues Are Not Resolved On The Phone, A Technician Won't Be Sent. You'll Be Ignored!

After several phone calls, I was told that the issue can't be fixed. They didn't even consider sending a technician. I rejected optus' free 6 months offer to join Aussie broadband (tempted by the reviews I read). Very disappointed.

I was told that they only fix problems over the phone. If they can't fix the issue over the phone or if the cause of the issue is not found out they won't send a technician. Technician will be sent only if the issue is proven to be a NBN related external issue. I've never heard of this before.

My suggestion:
1. If Aussie customer care is a priority, go ahead. Very polite and experienced.
2. Another positive is that there is no contract so you can switch anytime.
3. If you expect problems to be fixed, avoid. Like someone else mentioned it's ok as long as there is no issue with the connection.
4. Don't rely on positive reviews here. They are potentially fabricated.

Issues:
1. Frequent disconnection that lasts for a few milli seconds which logs me off my active applications.
Had similar problem with optus before. They immediately sent someone to check. They replaced the cable box. Aussie Broadband did some adjustments in the modem settings(via the phone) and asked me to run a few cmd troubleshooting commands.
When it was not successful they should've sent a technician.
Prior to contacting them I reset my PC. They did agree that there is an intermittent connection issue.

2. There is a lag(slower than the cable Internet I had) despite speed test showing 90/30. Takes 4 seconds to load ebay. 6-8 seconds to load bank account(used to be faster with optus cable). PC has win 7 2016 and SSD, well maintained.

Data TypeUnlimited Data
Update: Rung them again. They where happy to do another remote check with router on for 24 hrs. See how we go..Hi ddsj2007. I'm sorry to hear that you have been experiencing issues with your service. That is certainly not something we want for our customers. I would like to look into this for you, I will be in touch with you over a private message. Cheers.

Hi Would like know what stage are we at with the international network routing upgrade? My speeds drop down too 10Mbps from 7:30pm onwards. Gets back too it normal speed 50Mbps close too midnight Thanks Daniel
Hi Daniel, I believe most of it is in place, but it's not switched on. I recommend following this link here: https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/thread/37r60wz9?p=60Ok thank you very much for the link will follow it. But if I am still experiencing the bad speeds from 7:30pm on wards, not too worry as the new international network upgrades have not switched on yet or activated?Depends on I suppose if your speeds are international speeds, but yes, not to worry. Both Singapore and LAX are in place. We're just in the process of preparing for the switchover now. We need to make it as painless as possible (meaning minimal downtime, and hopefully no rollbacks). Once that's set, we'll be ready. From what I've heard, it won't be much longer.

When they send out a technician to set up your broadband what do they actually do?
Hi they put a point in the wall I already had cable there so I think that was all they did I also supplied my own router but if you use theirs they would probably set that up too I guess sorry not entirely sure beyond thatTechnically the technicians are NBN and it depends on your service type. FTTN may require jumpering, FTTC does not require a technician, FTTP and HFC require an installation of the NTD (nbn modem), and Fixed Wireless require installation of the NTD and an antenna. Hope that helps.I am getting fttc , and was told a technician will be sent out. I have the old phone line running into the house but it isnt connected to a wall socket. Will they connect that ? Or should I have it done prior?

Hi, I signed up with you guys about a week ago, just wondering how long it takes for some one from NBN to connect and how long it takes for my fetch and modem to be sent out.
I had a preorder so had to wait for the date it would become life. Aussie sent model a week before and when it became live they texted me a date the NBN guy would come and connect things up. I did change the date, but everything went smoothly and it works well.Connection times depend on nbn technician availiability (if first connecting to the nbn) and also service type. We ship Fetch and the modem differently depending on service type as well. Fetch is sent by courier and most of the time the modem is sent with it. We ship from 3840 Morwell, Victoria. Cheers.Hi Janet, I have just spoken to one of yr reps, who answered all my questions, and was very helpful and polite.This is my first time signing up with broadband and Aussie BB has the BEST reviews so far. I have a appointment time now with NBN to get started. I hope the reviews speak for themselves and everything is smooth sailing. I will leave my own review with my personal experience when my internet is up and running. Thankyou for yr reply..PBeni

NBN 25 (Standard, Seniors)NBN 50 (Standard Plus)NBN 100 (Family)NBN 150 (Super-Fast)NBN 250 (Ultra-Fast)Mobile BroadbandADSL
Monthly Price $69.00$79.00$99.00
Service TypeNBNNBNNBNNBNNBNMobile BroadbandADSL
Packages AvailableBundle and StandaloneBundle and StandaloneBundle and StandaloneBundle and StandaloneBundle and Standalone
ContractMonthlyMonthlySet PeriodSet PeriodSet Period
Data AllowanceCapped/Fixed and UnlimitedCapped/Fixed and UnlimitedCapped/Fixed and UnlimitedCapped/FixedCapped/Fixed
NBN Speed Tier 25/550/20100/40150/100250/100