Billing enquires

Just got off the phone to Mike about my bill. He went beyond the call of duty. Outstanding service. Mike you’re a legend. Definitely recommend this company to people. The company is the best telco I have dealt with.

Start DateFebruary 2016
Set-up Time3 days
Connection TypeWireless

Very happy customer so far.

The Aussie BB NBN 50 plan has proven to be very good for general internet and video streaming via Netflix, Stan & Youtube with just the basic VOIP for the 'phone. The initial call with Aussie BB to discuss the plan was very professionally carried out. The subsequent NBN cable work and OPTUS phone number porting they organised was also done exactly as expected. We have had a very reliable connection (previously on OPTUS cable for 18 years and that was very, very bad at times with exasperating customer service) - there has been one outage since we connected about 5 weeks ago but this was described as a TELSTRA cable issue on the Aussie Website. The Aussie BB documentation supplied for the Router and Fetch box set-up was all very clear and dead easy to set-up. The only call I have had to customer service was to get ISD calls enabled on our VOIP so can't comment either way about problem resolution.
The other major positive for us is the very big saving we have over our previous OPTUS plan.

Set-up Time12 days

Awesome

NBN FTTC connection is rock solid and hasn't missed a beat. Speed is within 95% of advertised speed. Call centre reps are very helpful and knowledgeable.

I was kept informed of the progress of my connection after sign-up via emails and text messages.

Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTC (Fibre to the Curb)

Been with them 3 Months

I moved to Aussie Broadband after Mungi closed down earlier this year, im nothing but happy with the service provided they have provided. I signed up for the 50mb plan and it's been great i have had no internet issues and the service staff have been extremely helpful

Connection TypeNBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Good communication

Started an NBN 50 plan with Aussie BB after reading some reviews. Some rocky patches mainly due to the hardware installed previously but was very happy with the customer service from Day 1 - easy to chat to on the phone on multiple occasions! Would recommend based on customer service.

OK
Good
Start DateDecember 2018
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Fantastic to hear, thanks so much for the review. If you see anything that we can improve, please let us know. Cheers.

Highly Recommended

We have had endless issues with NBN dropouts over the course of the last 2 years however after switching to Aussie the problem was fixed within a few weeks. Can't recommend them highly enough, have had to call their customer service people a few times and although there may occasionally be a wait for a response, once they have your details they follow through, keep you informed and get results. Just wished we had signed up with them earlier. We also signed up our sons and our daughters homes with Aussie and everything has ran smoothly. They definitely get my vote and I wouldn't consider going anywhere else.

Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Oh wow! Thanks for the family recommendations. We're happy to hear that we were able to resolve your ongoing dropout fault. Dropouts are so frustrating, so we know what a relief that must be. If you see anything that we can improve, please let us know. Cheers.

Best internet connection

Really happy with the service. No drop out and fast connections. Recommend to everyone. It is also being top rated by ACCC.

Connection TypeNBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Lives up to the hype

Right from the first contact with Aussie Broadband their customer service has been outstanding. They made the connection and transition to the NBN really easy. Signed up for the unlimited 100 plan, getting 92mps download speed consistently. Upload speed 32mps. Very happy customer, would definitely recommend Aussie Broadband.

Set-up Time15 days
Connection TypeHFC (Cable)
Thanks so much for the review, we really appreciate it and happy to hear that you're getting great speeds. If you see anything that we can improve, please let us know. Cheers.

Sales agent assistance

I choose this provider because i thought they can help me in my problem but the sales agent straight away said that i cannot apply to them since my address was not on nbn. When i read in nbn website about how to register our address it says that "the provider will help us to register unrecognized address".

Terrible
Connection TypeI don't know
Hi Eric. There are times when we aren't able to file for an unrecognized address. This can happen with things such as a new housing development, which needs to be properly registered. You can read up on it here: https://www1.nbnco.com.au/develop-or-plan-with-the-nbn/new-developments/early-planning Also, granny flats and other buildings on unrecognized subdivided properties are also not able to be recognised. Please let me know if neither apply. Cheers.

Just Do It!!! We couldn't be happier with Aussie

Seamless transition,
Fantastic Australian call center and customer service, online account access
Package we selected fits our needs perfectly, easily up gradable, no contract
Fast, reliable internet and streaming 25/5 (23.5/4 actual speeds)
No fancy gimmicks or add on sales to confuse the... Out of you,
A breath of fresh air and all for $64 a month, to easy...
( we were paying $89 a month with Australia's biggest telco for a home phone we didn't want, unlimited data, useless if your Adsl speeds are 3/0.4, long wait times for customer service if you can call it that, "Not happy jan" it a national disgrace)

But now thanks to nbn there are lots of ip's, choices and real value for money depending on your personal needs. We chose aussie and couldn't be happier. They're awesome!!!

Start DateNovember 2018
Set-up Time10 days
Data TypeCapped Data
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Fantastic to hear, we're glad that you're loving our service and our support. If you see anything that we can improve, please let us know. Cheers.

Poor customer service

Very disappointed in their customer service. Supposed to get nbn and home phone. What a stuff up. Don’t respond to emails. No follow up what’s so ever. Telstra all over

Bad
Terrible
Set-up Time14 days
Connection TypeI don't know
Hi Keith, we are an inbound call centre and handle inbound calls first. Please allow 48 hours for an email response. Unfortunately, there's been a major bout of gastro sweeping the call centre with 7+ people being off each day and that's also taken a toll on response times. We're very sorry about that. However, I'll be in touch with you shortly to investigate. Cheers.

Very, Very Good

I have had Aussie connected for a year now. I was attracted to Aussie as the had just finished building out their own poi's and are local and seemed to be a good option after being let down big time by the now TPG owned, Internode.
My connection is incredibly reliable and I receive notification should issues (which have been extremely rare) and scheduled servicing occur. I am incredibly fussy about my connection as I have a lot of devices connected and depend on my connection for virtually all of my home entertainment these days.
I would highly recommend Aussie Broadband.

Start DateFebruary 2018
Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Thanks so much for your review (we love your beautiful black cat profile picture too!) We're happy that you're now experiencing great services and support. If you see anything we can improve, please let us know. Cheers.Thank you Janet.. Sooty would be very flattered :-) He is a very handsome boy

Brilliant service

The best service I have had in a long time, text message and email updates when there is maintenance, only had one drop out when there was an issue at exchange but received a message to notify

Start DateApril 2017
Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
We're happy to hear that the service is going great so far. Thanks so much for the review, Troy. If you see anything we can improve, please let us know. Cheers.

No issues at all

Very smooth sign up process and no issues with speeds or connection. The speeds I get are about 90-95% of the advertised speed.

Very refreshing to know that their call staff do not read off scripts and actually know how to interpret customer needs. Overall a great experience.

Data TypeCapped Data
Connection TypeFTTC (Fibre to the Curb)
That's awesome to hear, Brian. Thanks so much for your review, I'll pass your feedback on to our team. If you see anything that we can improve, please let us know. Cheers.

Not a good experience

I would love to give Aussie Broadband a good review as everytime I contact them the staff are lovely but I can't as I have had a number of issues that are still yet to be resolved and I am getting quite tired of phoning and having to wait approx 20-30 minutes to get to speak to someone.

My first issue was on moving to Aussie Broadband, my phone number wasn't brought across. Aussie Broadband blamed it on Optus disconnecting my number before they could port it over but it wasn't disconnected until some days after my Aussie Broadband internet was connected so I suspect that Aussie Broadband just didn't get on to the transfer quick enough.

I requested a new number and after some weeks waiting for this to occur I had to again get in contact with Aussie Broadband to remind them to action the request. I finally got a new number which appeared to work. I then moved home soon after (Still remaining with Aussie Broadband) and upon arriving at my new address I tested the phone and it didnt work. I then found that my number was being used by another business, when I would call my home number it would go to the business. I can only assume that they had the number for a while as there website etc showed my number. I contacted Aussie Broadband and was asked to change the VOIP password on my modem and that would fix it. I did this and unfortunately it didn't fix the issue.

Instead of phoning I thought I would put in a request for Aussie Broadband to call me back via their website website. I selected a time for them to call the following day and yes a number of days later I have still not received a call so I write this review while waiting on hold for another half an hour.

I am really disappointed with my experience as its nothing like the many positive reviews found on this website. I am hoping my issue can be resolved or I will have no choice but to look for another provider.

Good
Good
Start DateDecember 2018
Connection TypeWireless
Hi Brett, I'm very happy to look into your issues to see if we can get them resolved. For the porting, what probably occurred was that your internet and phone were bundled. This means that when we start the porting process (internet takes 1-2 days, phones take 5 days to fully port this isn't anything we can change) that many existing providers will see the internet being ported at day 2 and close down the services. Unfortunately, this causes the phone port to fail, as Symbio takes 5 days to port. It happened to my in-laws when I was handling it personally. However, I'm sure we can get to the bottom of your other issues. I'll be in touch soon. Cheers.

Extremely satisfied

My previous ISP was My Republic (MR), and it was one of the worst ISPs I've ever dealt with. Ever since I switched to Aussie Broadband, things took a turn for the better.

When I got my modem, I was not able to connect to the net, so I dialed AB and told them what I know. AB offered to send over an NBN technician to check the problem. Unlike MR, AB actually followed through with their promise and the technician was able to identify the problem.

It didn't take long for the problem to get fixed. Ever since I was able to go online, I've been getting really superb speeds; it's 100Mbits, just like I ordered. What's also awesome about AB is the fact that they actually send you an email in advance if there is a scheduled maintenance. I've had no dropouts so far.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Thanks for your review, Timothy. It's great to hear that your issues were resolved in fairly short order and that now you're getting superb speeds. If you see anything that we can improve, please let us know. Cheers.

Not off to a good start and seriously not happy!

I signed up with Aussie BB on the 4th Feb 19, to be connected on 14th Feb or thereabouts. In between, I contacted Aussie BB customer service twice for an update, 1st of which was great, friendly service etc, barring the long wait times, and spoke with a young bloke on Mon 11th Feb to see about changing connection date. After discussing, we decided to change it to the earliest date. Unbeknownst to me, I was going to be hit with an exclusion period lock out date. I WAS NOT advised of this! I disconnected from my previous provider on the 12th Feb, and now I have NO NBN! I sent Aussie BB a contact me form yesterday (Wed 13th) for an update on my connection, and chose the time to be contacted, and no contact was made whatsoever. Furthermore, and frustrated by this point, I rang around 7.15pm, was 6th in line, and after 20 minutes, ended up 1st in line. Waiting, it took another 20 minutes and still no one answered. I eventually hung up! I rang this morning, (14th Feb) and spoke with a girl who was rather nice, but then advised me of the lock out date and that I couldn't connect until the 28th Feb. I was told I could be connected to a 25/5 plan but only 500gb. I obviously couldn't do this as I require at least 50/20. Now I have no internet barring my mobile, and this is for more than 2 weeks! Why they never advised me of this when I called the other day is beyond me. This kind of service is atrocious to say the least! After all of the positive things i have read about Aussie BB and I get this lackluster experience, something I would expect from Dodo! I am so p'ed off, never before have i been stuffed around by a provider that so many speak highly of. If this is how Aussie BB play, then I don't think I want any part of it!

Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
I'm sorry that you do not like our stop sell policy, but this is how we provide quality service to our customers. Instead of selling a whole bunch of services, not caring that doing so would cause everyone's speeds to slow right down, we stop at 80% max because we believe our customers deserve and are paying for the connection we promise. Unfortunately, this means stop sells happen. We're currently waiting on Telstra to finish up our links to Tas so we can start selling services again. Unfortunately, we pride ourselves in providing this service, so I don't think we will be changing it any time soon, however, the amount has greatly reduced now that our own network is growing. Cheers.

Amazing

I came from TPG and I was experiencing constant drop outs, they told me that it was my issue even though I was told by 2 professionals that it was a TPG/NBN issue.

I switched to Aussie Broadband after some heavy research and I couldn't be happier. I joined at 3am on a Monday morning and my service was connected and live at 9am.

I have no experienced any dropouts and the speed is exactly where it needs to be. This is how you look after your customers.

Start DateNovember 2019
Set-up Time1 days
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Thanks so much for your review and insight. We really appreciate your kind words. If you see anything that we can improve, please let us know. Cheers.

Excellent Service and Communication, good value

Service and communication was superb from the initial order to the installation. The modem worked easily as expected (genuinely plug and play), couldn't be more pleased with choosing Aussie BB.

Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
That's awesome, Brad. Glad the communication and service have been perfect so far. If you see anything that we can improve, please let us know. Cheers.

Excellent service and support

Absolutely no issues with this service since NBN became available for us in Dec.18. Reliable, fast and great support. That's all we need so happy to recommend Aussie if your looking for a NBN ISP.

Set-up Time1 days
Connection TypeHFC (Cable)
Thanks so much for your review, Julian. We're glad to have you on board. If you see anything that we can improve, please let us know. Cheers.