Aussie Home Loans

Aussie Home Loans

Listing monitored by Aussie

Go to an independent broker

My broker was incompetent, dishonest and lazy. I ended up with a product that cost me more and was expensive to get out of. Customer service has been terrible from Aussie as well.

AVOID!!

Customer Service is horrible. Ben says he will call you back, however not even after numerous of phone calls does he call back. Telling me if I don't fill out all my personal details out beforehand, I will be refused an appointment is not good business. Receptionist has no idea about customer service either. Very rude. Told one interest rate, but then when come to signing, be told another. It takes the business so long to even submit the information to the bank.

paula b.
paula b.South East Queensland, QLD

Please don’t go with Aussie they will break you

The worst service ever I had a broker who had no idea. I have been approved since by the bank where my broker and the auditing said not possible. Great income and purchasing second property with good credit. The problem was they don’t understand salary sacrifice or how to read statements of the reimbursement. If you are a government worker so not go with Aussie.

kiwagyugold
kiwagyugoldMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Worst broker in Australia in my opinion. Strange practices.

[Name Removed] from Aussie home loans failed to deliver, twice. She has single handedly damaged a perfect 50 year credit rating in a matter of months and should not be practicing in an industry that affects peoples lively hoods. Stay well and truly clear if you value your home loan chances, money and especially your time. Biggest regret was putting faith and time into her. HUGE MISTAKE thats now literally costing me extra money per month.

Jamie W.
Jamie W.

Brokerage ?

Wow . Attempted to work with a broker . Total indifference. Given a second senior broker and the advice given ... “ best for you to deal with the bank yourself “ wow. So why even have a brokerage service when that sort of advice is given . Will go with the advice given and not use Aussie

Customer Service S.Aussie

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending

Please don’t make the same mistake we did.

Bri

Application Process

Michelle V.
Michelle V.South East Queensland, QLD

Terrible

I have been with Aussie for over 10 years, they have deteriorated each year and now i can not even get an update on current interest rates from these people, slow down tactics and delay all the way.

Marley
MarleyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Waste of Time

I contacted an Aussie broker as my partner and I had separated. My partner needed to refinance and I needed a new loan to buy another property.
I wasted 2 weeks trying to get the broker to do anything. Everytime I called he had done nothing and kept saying he would do it tomorrow and nothing ever happened.
In the end I swapped to a Mortgage Choice broker and got more done within a few days than the Aussie broker did over 2 weeks.
I'm sure not all Aussie brokers are this bad but my experience was terrible and a total waste of my time at what has already been a tough time.

Jonathan
JonathanGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

They were hacked and had all our details taken.

Things were good until we were notified tonight our broker had their email hacked with all details taken.
Banks, drivers license, home address, all gone, probably to the dark web.

Paul

Once you on-board they dont care

We mailed them 8 weeks ago no response to reducing our rate. Rate is higher than market rate and they use delaying tactics to avoid reducing the rate. They were quick to increase though when rates were rising. Shop around yourself much better options in the market now.

Salman S.Sydney, NSW

Regret for choosing the worst lender. Only choose Aussie home loans under your own risk..

Terrible, No communication,incompetent

As a real estate agent for 1 4 years my heart sinks when buyers say they are using Aussie.
They tell buyers that they can get the finance and then they get declined.
Buyers spend money on building and pest reports and solicitor fees only to be out of pocket and devastated.
Do yourself a favour and go somewhere else

SarahSydney, NSW

Terrible negative stars!! - Don't bother, go with one of the big 4 banks!

Aussie Home loan is one of the worst loans out there.
Here are the reasons why:
1. High interest rate compared to other banks/institutions in the market
2. Online tool is one of the oldest and useless interface.
3. Slow transfer of money in and out of Aussie home loan account, takes 1 extra day longer than other banks.
4. Their Customer service is difficult to deal with, as a customer I had to call in 3 times to get what needed to be done.
I'm looking to refin to other banks once fixed rate period is over!
At Aussie, we'll save you - lies lies lies!! one of the highest interest rates out there. No savings here! look elsewhere!
Avoid at all costs, you have been warned!!

Sarah

Hi Dale, how do I get hold of you? Do I call 131333 and ask for Dale? I can't provide my mobile on this public site...

Rufus
Rufusasked

I've just pressed the stats button at the top and it's probably good that I did. Does it seem weird that over 10 years the rating was constantly 2 out of 5 and then magically over a month or two there are 500 5 star ratings pushing the rating to 4 out of 5? This is also during coronavirus when things would have shut down quite a bit.

Hi Rufus,

We've had plenty of feedback over the Covid period, which is still ongoing for many of our customers.

We've started to encourage customers to review us more than ever, which explains the awesome uplift we've seen.

If you have any feedback on your experience please also feel free to leave a review.

Cheers,

Timm

bzerk86
bzerk86

I didn't even know Aussie was on Product reviews until they told me they were. Unfortunately people are more willing to share negative feedback than positive.

Jayden T
Jayden T

Hi Jonatan,

What a fantastic review of your experience with your Aussie Broker, thank you for sharing.

Congratulations on your first home purchase.

We love that your Aussie broker has been able to guide you in helping to achieve your dreams of owning your very first home.

Remember to stay in touch with your broker and they will continue to assist.

Wesley
4 days ago

Hi,

Yes I have questions about the loan bit I will have ask him later on. I was thinking I won the 250 dollars.

Regards,

does that say enough?

jabhar
jabharasked

hello im a 6 years full time mechanic in townsville just wanna ask cause i wanna buy a house a second hand houseworth 290 000 but i dont have a deposit money anyone can help me thnk you so much its my firsttimw buhong a house really appreciatewho can help me thank you so much

Hi Jabhar,

Thanks for your query with Aussie.

The best person to speak to in reference to this would be one of our Aussie Brokers.

So I can get you in contact with someone in your local area, we would need to grab a few details form yourself.

Can you please provide these details via the Aussie website or via email to raa@aussie.com.au

Daniel

MumOpines
MumOpines

No. Wrong answer. The gentleman has no deposit. No one does over 100% loans and it would be over 100% as he’d has no funds and would be needing stamp duty. Not good to give false hope

Hi MumOpines,

Our Aussie Brokers can not only advise customers on whether they can get a loan or not, but also work with customers on getting them on the right path to being able to apply for a loan.

This is the reason we get customers speaking with a broker and this allows them to work with their broker to achieve their dreams.

Wesley

Paulasked

I been reading the reviews. Is it me or is Aussie always like this?
So far we have been going since late January. It is now the 17th March. So far apologies for power outage, being unwell and asked to resign documents because LVR was written twice the amount it should be. Lack of phone calls and one application sent last week. Was told my wife credit score was only in the 500’s but no defaults whatsoever. My wife has always had exceptional credit and gets offered credit consistently.
Has anyone else had these problems or can you advise me as I’m getting cold feet very quickly and I’m getting nowhere?
Also can you suggest another company?

Zeb
Zeb

I'm having a similar experience. They're no help.

Get an answer from our members and Aussie representatives