Aussie Home Loans
Listing monitored by Aussie

Pros

Communicative, friendly team
Offers good deals on loans
Quickly processes applications

Barrie L.
Barrie L.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Nothing but issues.

Sold investment house and they paid out wrong loan. Now they are putting surplus funds from sale into redraw on the other loan when I requested it to go into our bank account.
They were good at getting the loans for us but bad at understanding instructions when it comes to selling a house.

Izzy B.
Izzy B.Hunter Region, NSW

Took 5 months

Very stressful for first home buyers - we were told a turnaround of 2 weeks, ended up being 5 months and we were given the wrong product in the end and a different interest rate. Had to pay an extra $500 for the delayed settlement in December, and we're still trying to organise getting the product we requested in the first place.

Not a positive experience

• Incentivised Review No
Eds
EdsLaunceston, TAS

Wasting my time

Slow, no communication always chasing answers. Almost lost the contract on my land because of this company. Taking 4 months and counting to get a building loan sorted out cannot get a straight answer goal posts are always moving.

Peter MGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Read the fine print. “Never Again Aussie”

Have a loan for 22 years. As the balance is now low we have had 3 interest rate hikes in the last 2 years, while the Reserve Bank has kept rates on hold for that period. If we pay the loan early to avoid the rate increases we would be hit with penalties for ending the loan early.

Henry
You are full of b s. You make considerable money from home loans and as the rate to borrow hasn't risen in 2 years there is no justified reason for you to increase rates when others are reducing.

Tom
TomSydney Surrounds, NSW

Find another lender

Harry B
Harry BMelbourne

Would not use again.

We used Aussie as the mortgage broker when we were building our first home. Aussie were consistently slow in making progress payments from NAB to our builder. The 3rd progress payment was actually approx 5 weeks late when it was finally paid. This caused us alot of stress and when questioning our broker at Aussie he accused me of lying! Documents were always given to us at the last minute and we had to rush to sign them and return them asap. The organisation skills seemed extremely poor. Would not recommend.

Super Funds Awards 2022!

super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Kateben
KatebenMelbourne

Bad bad broker giving company a BAD name

Disappointing attitude

Just got burnt when discharging a loan. Watch out for hidden fees, having your concerns dismissed out of hand by their staff, complete lack of transparency with regard complaint handling process and completely no interest in their customer. Sadly Aussie [name removed] is a fallacy.

Never again ...

Sold a house .. loan all approved by broker for other new house . Found one. had 8 week for broker to sort out loan before settlement.. he said its all good to go... signed paper work .. ... .. the day come to move in .. still no loan .. been waiting for other two weeks and still no loan ... this is a bloodly joke .. soo stressed out ....all over this .. am seeking legal aid on this mater

Emma

Useless - would have saved myself hours if I'd just gone straight to the bank

Emma

Hi Michelle, the broker was Peter Waddell.

Customer Service S.AussieSend a private message

Thanks Emma, I will have this investigated. Are you able to please send me your name by replying to my private message to you?
Thanks,
Michelle

Rob
RobGippsland, VIC

No return phone call

I rang our local Aussie office on the Mornington Peninsula in regards to home loan refinance, left my details with reception ....that was four weeks ago, never heard back...funny this has been the second time within two years.

Customer Service S.AussieSend a private message

Hi Rob, I am very sorry to hear that! We would love to help you refinance. Can I please organise for one of our brokers to get in touch with you? If so, please send a private message with your details.
Sincerely
Michelle - the Aussie team

Mel
MelTas

No communication, shortfall, cancelled prior to the settlement time.

Finally got our account details today after about 2 months. No communciation, never pick up the phone. Terrible manners, and despite mutliple forms being signed, multiple conversations, there was a shortfall prior to settlement. So settlement was cancelled BEFORE the settlement time, and AFTER the short fall amount had been manually placed into the account. When I called to complain to our broker I said I didnt understand why we would have to fork out the interest on both loans (the other was family that we were taking over) because of someone else mistake! and he said "ha ha, well good luck getting it back from the bank". Rude. Incompetent. Slow. Lucky they don't have a term on the loan, because I don't know how long we will be with them!

Bad service & product

Transfer is slow, taking 3-4 days. Repayment amount get reduced automatically when I have massive redraw. So customer pay MORE INTEREST. Smart try.

Maree
Maree

Terrible service!

Our experience with our local Aussie Brokers has been an awful time waster!! 3 weeks have gone by with little progress. You go to a broker for their expertise and getting back to us promptly. Both attributes were lacking with the person we had.

Rufus
Rufusasked

I've just pressed the stats button at the top and it's probably good that I did. Does it seem weird that over 10 years the rating was constantly 2 out of 5 and then magically over a month or two there are 500 5 star ratings pushing the rating to 4 out of 5? This is also during coronavirus when things would have shut down quite a bit.

bzerk86
bzerk86

I didn't even know Aussie was on Product reviews until they told me they were. Unfortunately people are more willing to share negative feedback than positive.

Jayden T
Jayden T
jabhar
jabharasked

hello im a 6 years full time mechanic in townsville just wanna ask cause i wanna buy a house a second hand houseworth 290 000 but i dont have a deposit money anyone can help me thnk you so much its my firsttimw buhong a house really appreciatewho can help me thank you so much

MumOpines
MumOpines

No. Wrong answer. The gentleman has no deposit. No one does over 100% loans and it would be over 100% as he’d has no funds and would be needing stamp duty. Not good to give false hope

Paul
Paulasked

I been reading the reviews. Is it me or is Aussie always like this?
So far we have been going since late January. It is now the 17th March. So far apologies for power outage, being unwell and asked to resign documents because LVR was written twice the amount it should be. Lack of phone calls and one application sent last week. Was told my wife credit score was only in the 500’s but no defaults whatsoever. My wife has always had exceptional credit and gets offered credit consistently.
Has anyone else had these problems or can you advise me as I’m getting cold feet very quickly and I’m getting nowhere?
Also can you suggest another company?

Zeb
Zeb

I'm having a similar experience. They're no help.

Get an answer from our members and Aussie representatives

About Aussie Home Loans

Operating since 1992, Aussie is a mortgage broker service that has over 240 stores across the country.

They offer the following services:

• Loans for those buying their first home
  • Loans for those buying their next home
  • Those who want to refinance their home loan
  • Loans for investment properties
  • Finance options for vehicles
  • Business loans

Aussie uses a unique comparison software to compare thousands of home loans from over 20 different lenders.

All brokers at Aussie are accredited by the Mortgage & Finance Association of Australia. They can help calculate your borrowing power and assist you through the home loan application and settlement process.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that the customer service they received at Aussie Home Loans was exceptional. They described a communicative, friendly team who kept them informed at every step of the loan process and showed genuine interest in their needs and concerns.
  • They were also satisfied with the rate they received for their loan. Some customers mentioned that they were lower than what they had been previously offered by other brokers.
  • Reviewers appreciated that their application was processed quickly, with some saying they received approval in as little as two days.