Aussie Travel Cover

International, Multi-Journey, Domestic, etc...

Full cover for illness in Peru

Ended up in hospital in Peru with Bronchitis. Aussietravelcover were great. They sent me to the best hospital, the hospital had wifi so I was able to send all the paperwork from the hospital bed. This meant they paid for the hospital fees and I didn't pay a cent. I have just put in the claim for the cancelled tour that we missed and waiting for the payment now. If you give the right documentation and the claim isn't related to pre-existing you won't have any issues. They also checked on me every day to make sure I was ok. In my experience they were great,

Brendan

BrendanGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Seamless

I have used Aussietravelcover for 10+ years and have never had any issues like some of the reviews below. I usually do one big overseas trip per year and have (unfortunately) had the occasional claim (theft, lost baggage etc) but have always experienced prompt, efficient service from both Aussie and Allianz. Read your policy wording, people! All too often it seems easier for people to just dump all the blame on the insurer when their claim is unsuccessful.

Insurance claim madeYes

Paid claim quickly and with no problems

My iphone was picked from my pocket in Tangier, Morocco. As we were leaving the country in 60 mins, there was no time to report it to the local police. I reported it to Spanish police about 36 hours later. When I returned home, I was worried that they would deny my claim because over 24 hrs had elapsed. However they paid in full, no problems raised. They even paid the full original price of the phone, no depreciation etc. I was very happy with their service and would use them again, but they are quite expensive
easy to deal with, paid quickly

Travel Insurance

Find out how Aussie Travel Cover compares to other Travel Insurance

jcsavageasked

Aussie Travel Cover

If I have travel cover with Aussie Travel Insurance, will they pay if the tour company goes into insolvency?

jcsavageasked

Aussie Travel Cover

Will my travel policy cover my travel agency going into insolvency?

jcsavage

My travel tour company went into insolvency. Does my Aussie Travel Insurance cover the money I had already paid for my tour.

jcsavage

I don't know the answer - I am asking the question

ChrisMasked

Aussie Travel Cover

We are currently in Bali and are scheduled to fly home on Wednesday. Will my "aussietravelcover" cover the possible change of flights and accommodation?

travelisgood
travelisgood

Did they cover you ChrisM?

ChrisM

Yes they said they would've but we didn't end up needing it as we flew out on our scheduled flight

Compare all 15 Aussie Travel Cover
Emergency Dental$1,000$1,000$1,000$500
Pregnancy (max weeks) 23 weeks23 weeks23 weeks23 weeks
Resumption of Journey Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Hospital Cash Allowance$6,000$5,000$4,000$3,000
Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital ExpensesUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimited
Loss of Income$5,200$5,200$5,200$5,200
Luggage & Personal Effects $10,000$8,000$6,000$3,000
Ancillary
Personal Liability $5,000,000$5,000,000$1,000,000$1,000,000
Rental Vehicle Excess $8,000$4,000$4,000$2,000
Motorbike / Moped Coverage Included up to 50ccIncluded up to 50ccIncluded up to 50ccIncluded up to 50cc
Domestic Pet Care Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included