Australia Post Load&Go Travel Card

Australia Post Load&Go Travel Card

Listing monitored by Australia Post

I think it's great

I use mine for online shopping, load it up and spend it. I'm not a fan of the admin centre though, this seems to work intermittently. The other reviews are not good but I don't expect too much, I just put $50-$100 on and spend it.

Australia P.Australia Post

Thanks so much for sharing Stable. What browser(s) are you having trouble with viewing the online account with?

Stable

Don't know, computers interest me very little, I prefer reality. My wife calls the balance check (for which there is a charge) and has no problem. I'm suspicious.

I've Been using the card for a while with very few issues.

I signed up for a reloadable card a while back and have used it regularly in between using my Business card and a low limit personal card (only for credit rating). I've never had any issues with it before, I use it for ebay, online trading etc. I've only hit a snag just recently where I've loaded money onto the card in store and have yet to see any indication of funds being added on the online portal/app for the cards. Its been a day and while I did add funds in person and received a receipt, I've usually found the funds to be ready right away. Minor annoyance I guess.

Jack
JackMelbourne

Works as intended mostly, but can have problems

As service for those needing a relatively painless and quite effective card for online banking, this is fantastic. It works well with PayPal and other services, and although I haven't tried it for a while, it does work in stores too.

Some minor annoyances arise with some system bugs and service limitations, but mostly it works quite well.

Some better tutorials could be in order for the more technical aspect, but FAQ on the AusPost website works well enough.

CazzaPerth, WA

Great for travel!

I purchased this card for my son when he was going on an overseas holiday, I got it from Australia post, it took the worry out of him carrying cash and getting it stolen, it was easy for him to load money on to the card, would recommend if you want to keep your cash safe when travelling.

Australia P.Australia Post

Thanks so much for sharing Cazza! I hope your son enjoyed his trip :)

Had a fab time ty

Travel Money Cards & Currency Exchanges

Find out how Australia Post Load&Go Travel Card compares to other Travel Money Cards & Currency Exchanges

N. C.
N. C.

Wonderful!

Great for people who can't have/use a debit card, provides security so that you won't lose your money if you accidentally provide your details to phishers or skimmed. Regardless that they have Indians as support they do their jobs and helped me get through my ordeal.
Easy to obtain through the local PO.

Thanks for sharing N. C.

RAW
RAWBallarat

Starting to get their act together.

Today I managed to register my replacement card (online) and subsequently successfully tested it by purchasing an item from Ebay (via Paypal).
Hopefully the horrors of the past couple of weeks may finally be over.
As a bonus, the new Auspost website is pretty slick when compared to the old one which, although reliable, was pretty basic - almost amateurish. You do have to create an account though.
All up, not as dire as recent reviews would have us believe.

kieranbadelaide

refund

how do i get a refund on something that i purchased a couple a days ago but want a refund on the thing i purchased im just wondering how to get one

it was an afl live pass

Jelly
JellyHobart

Idea Good - Customer Service Abhorrent

Great idea. Bought it over the counter at post office. Wonderful version of internet banking without worrying about password being hacked. Checking balance online impossible, charges for customer service, which is difficult to access by phone.

Replacement card

After receiving a replacement card from Australia Post, I purchased an item with the new card and it worked perfectly. Thank you Australia Post. Very satisfied with Customer Support.
Rossco

Good card.. but..

Good card!
But, we should be able to have more options to load our cards, such as Recharge Cards in places like Supermarkets would be fantastic because the Post Offices are closed on weekends.

Brett G
Brett GPerth, WA

WOW - can't believe the negative comments - all good with us travelling to Hawaii.

Admittedly I only travelled from Australia to Hawaii - but had no problems with accessing cash from ATM's - using the credit card to pay for meals etc..... Was able to convert Aussie dollars into US dollars with no issue. The only "glitch" I initially had was with the PIN number. I got this confused with the Access Code - which is definitely a different entity. Once I went back and read the paperwork that I took with me (thankfully) - I realised the problem and everything went smoothly from there.
Accessed the web page easily too - which made it easy to keep track of the balances etc....

Fog
Fog

Works For Me

Haven't had problem in three years. Use it for internet transactions, since I can keep the balance to a minimum. I was prompted to do this after someone bought themselves a ticket to L.A. on my regular card. Business class it was too.

Awdverada
AwdveradaCanberra

I've had no problems

Used the card on two trips to Europe in 2013 & earlier this year & it's worked without problems in six different countries both in ATM's & purchases through EFTPOS. Rates are competitive & loading of extra cash swift. If there was a smart phone app to make navigating easy it would help but that's a minor problem.

Kurt
KurtSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good service, convenient

Used this card for online purchases within Australia and it worked perfectly for that. As long as you keep the access code somewhere safe there should be no problems. Only criticism from my experience is that if you lose the access code you cannot retrieve it again, had to go on a spending spree when I realised the card was expiring this month. Overall good product.

steve
steve

works well for me

I've used these cards successfully for years for online purchases. Just deposit your money into the account at the post office and pay in the visa window. I prefer these cards to pay pal anyday. Just be careful and make sure u write down all passwords etc cause it can be hard to get back into your account if u forget (as I have done) but I was still able to spend the money, just couldn't get a balance. Different strokes 4 different folks I guess.

Mohamad A.
Mohamad A.asked

Hey there I was just wondering if I can have a reoccurring membership with this card

Cat P.Australia Post

Hi Mohamad,

I've responded to your earlier question and private message, so please check either of those for my response.

- Cat

Mohamad A.
Mohamad A.asked

Hey there I was just wondering if I could have a recurring membership with this card

Cat P.Australia Post

Hi Mohamad,

I'm afraid not, as generally subscription based services require a credit card, whereas the Load and Go card acts as a debit card. Your best bet would be to speak with the company you'd like to have the membership with and see what they say.

- Cat

Tyler
Tylerasked

i loaded my travel card, but i can't make a w-drawer. every time i try to get cash at the ATM machine it keeps saying temporarily unavailable and transaction canceled. please someone tell me what is wrong and how can i fix it?

Anonymous762
Anonymous762

I had a similar issue with this card. I tried to buy via eftpos at a shop with my savings in this card, and could not rectify the issue.

When I contacted load and go, to help me to get into my online Australia post load and go account they wanted me to give them a photo of my medicare card and drivers licence detalis online. I felt that doing this online may be unsafe, due to the possibility of I.D theft

Also, when I had money stolen out of my Australia post load and go account, when I complained to the Australia post staff, they would not even investigate it, or follow it up. The fees for load and go are very expensive. I think that you are better of using a special fee free or low fee bank account for online purposes, to get better customer service and lower fees.

Ibne F.Australia Post

Hi Tyler

It's concerning to know that you can't use the ATM for a cash withdrawal. If you are still facing this issue, please call Card Services on 1800 549 718 within Australia or +44 207 649 9404 internationally for help 24/7.

Regards