Australia Post Load&Go Travel Card

Australia Post Load&Go Travel Card

Listing monitored by Australia Post

Anonymous762Victoria

"I would not recommend the Australia post load and go card product !" "I think that this product is a major rip off ! "

CurrencyAUD
Priscila L.Australia Post

I think it's great

I use mine for online shopping, load it up and spend it. I'm not a fan of the admin centre though, this seems to work intermittently. The other reviews are not good but I don't expect too much, I just put $50-$100 on and spend it.

Australia P.Australia Post

Thanks so much for sharing Stable. What browser(s) are you having trouble with viewing the online account with?

Stable

Don't know, computers interest me very little, I prefer reality. My wife calls the balance check (for which there is a charge) and has no problem. I'm suspicious.

More problems with Load & Go cards

Koornalla
Koornalla

Of course it is on your web site if you want to look. I just want your card to work like all major visa cards. All the major player don't put some artificial criteria on renewal of your card. Almost as if you do not want business.

Simon
SimonPerth

I really hoped this service would be better

After reading these reviews I set this card up as a backup for other services I use. Now my card has been blocked because of incorrect pin entry and I cannot call the support number from the Nederlands. When I do I get a voice message saying "The number have called has been barred" in Deutch. [name removed], you seem lovely. Please tell me there is another way for me to unblock this card.

Travel Money Cards & Currency Exchanges

Find out how Australia Post Load&Go Travel Card compares to other Travel Money Cards & Currency Exchanges

Disappointing

Lots of screwing around to load money, slow to transfer, not accepted by some online systems, fees are quite expensive for the value provided and you can’t withdraw the money... kinda sucks

Australia P.Australia Post

I appreciate you sharing your thoughts Dave. You can withdraw the money from any ATM that accepts Visa, and reloads done in store are instant.

Waiting
WaitingBusselton

Waiting waiting again

Lee w
Lee wEpsom

Not aware of load change

Jackfu22
Jackfu22

Seems okay

The card itself works well, and costs a low price with few surcharges along the way. However, the website seems extremely hard to access with the card and is not recommended if you wish to check out things online.

Australia P.Australia Post

I've Been using the card for a while with very few issues.

I signed up for a reloadable card a while back and have used it regularly in between using my Business card and a low limit personal card (only for credit rating). I've never had any issues with it before, I use it for ebay, online trading etc. I've only hit a snag just recently where I've loaded money onto the card in store and have yet to see any indication of funds being added on the online portal/app for the cards. Its been a day and while I did add funds in person and received a receipt, I've usually found the funds to be ready right away. Minor annoyance I guess.

Jack
JackMelbourne

Works as intended mostly, but can have problems

As service for those needing a relatively painless and quite effective card for online banking, this is fantastic. It works well with PayPal and other services, and although I haven't tried it for a while, it does work in stores too.

Some minor annoyances arise with some system bugs and service limitations, but mostly it works quite well.

Some better tutorials could be in order for the more technical aspect, but FAQ on the AusPost website works well enough.

venetian_blindSydney

Too hard to load money online

I bought a card over the counter and loaded it with $100 so that my teen can use it to buy bits and pieces. I wanted to test it, then load a larger amount once I was happy that it worked. It did work, but now it's costing me a lot of time trying to work out how to load more money on to it online.

When I click "load funds", it just has a very curt "ID Verification required to perform this service". My id has been good enough to get online, activate the card, view transactions and more. Surely my id could be good enough to at least get some INSTRUCTIONS on how to load more money??

The documentation is terrible. I'm sure there's a way, but honestly, I don't have time for this.

jacojay
jacojayGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Duplicate transaction, one is pre authorised

I made purchase online by load and go travel card. Today I found available fund is reduced by twice than I spent. There are three transactions in the history. one is 100.09 pre authorised. Second one is 100. Third one is 0.09. Available fund is my account is reduced by 200.18. Why I get double charged?

tamin
tamindubbo

NOT WORTH THE TROUBLE.

I don't recommend this card for use. They took funds out for a new card without permission i did not request a new one and now its on its way and i want my money back and i don't want the new card.

CazzaPerth, WA

Great for travel!

I purchased this card for my son when he was going on an overseas holiday, I got it from Australia post, it took the worry out of him carrying cash and getting it stolen, it was easy for him to load money on to the card, would recommend if you want to keep your cash safe when travelling.

Australia P.Australia Post

Thanks so much for sharing Cazza! I hope your son enjoyed his trip :)

Had a fab time ty

Confused

Haven't used it yet, setting up is making me angry, can't see my card details online it's telling me to add card but I already have and I have no other option!!

Mohamad A.
Mohamad A.asked

Hey there I was just wondering if I can have a reoccurring membership with this card

Cat P.Australia Post

Hi Mohamad,

I've responded to your earlier question and private message, so please check either of those for my response.

- Cat

Mohamad A.
Mohamad A.asked

Hey there I was just wondering if I could have a recurring membership with this card

Cat P.Australia Post

Hi Mohamad,

I'm afraid not, as generally subscription based services require a credit card, whereas the Load and Go card acts as a debit card. Your best bet would be to speak with the company you'd like to have the membership with and see what they say.

- Cat

Tyler
Tylerasked

i loaded my travel card, but i can't make a w-drawer. every time i try to get cash at the ATM machine it keeps saying temporarily unavailable and transaction canceled. please someone tell me what is wrong and how can i fix it?

Anonymous762

I had a similar issue with this card. I tried to buy via eftpos at a shop with my savings in this card, and could not rectify the issue.

When I contacted load and go, to help me to get into my online Australia post load and go account they wanted me to give them a photo of my medicare card and drivers licence detalis online. I felt that doing this online may be unsafe, due to the possibility of I.D theft

Also, when I had money stolen out of my Australia post load and go account, when I complained to the Australia post staff, they would not even investigate it, or follow it up. The fees for load and go are very expensive. I think that you are better of using a special fee free or low fee bank account for online purposes, to get better customer service and lower fees.

Ibne F.Australia Post

Hi Tyler

It's concerning to know that you can't use the ATM for a cash withdrawal. If you are still facing this issue, please call Card Services on 1800 549 718 within Australia or +44 207 649 9404 internationally for help 24/7.

Regards