Australia Post Load&Go Travel Card

Australia Post Load&Go Travel Card

Listing monitored by Australia Post

Stephen DPerth, WA

Having to call helpdesk

I have been using load and go for a while and it usually works quit well. But I find the system totally stupid If your card expires with money on it, you cant simply tranfere money between cards. I have just spent 25 mins speaking to somebody in India to transfere money from an expired card to my new caed? It should either be automatic or I should be able to transfer money between cards online. I would assume it would not be rocket science. If it is some sort of security complience thing I would be very happy to find out what that would be.

However I have found the card usfull on the whole, and the phone help has been helfull

Sami M.Australia Post
Stephen D

Hi and thanks for getting back to me, but you did not answer my complaint about not beimg able to transfere funnds between load and go cards

Sami M.Australia Post
Kas66
Kas66Hobart

Do Australia Post staff know to scan the bar-code on the letter to activate the card?

I visited two local Australia Post offices where staff have been unable to successfully activate anyone's cards. Turns out they were scanning the bar-code on the back of the card when they should have been scanning the bar-code on the top right hand side of the letter. The bar-code on the letter worked straight away. I thought this might be useful feedback for people who are having difficulty activating a renewed card.

I think it's great

I use mine for online shopping, load it up and spend it. I'm not a fan of the admin centre though, this seems to work intermittently. The other reviews are not good but I don't expect too much, I just put $50-$100 on and spend it.

Australia P.Australia Post

Thanks so much for sharing Stable. What browser(s) are you having trouble with viewing the online account with?

Roxy

Stable

Don't know, computers interest me very little, I prefer reality. My wife calls the balance check (for which there is a charge) and has no problem. I'm suspicious.

JuduHervey Bay

Cannot put money on the card

Went to post office put $25 on load&go the transaction didnt hap pen but the posy office took the money gave me a reciept.rank loag&go they said go back to post office get reimbursed. Did that got money back.went to a different post office .same thing happened so now i have to go back to that post office tomorrow morning to get my money back. I am paying buy cash .so obviously there is a problem with the eptos
Connecting to the load &go

Travel Money Cards & Currency Exchanges

Find out how Australia Post Load&Go Travel Card compares to other Travel Money Cards & Currency Exchanges

Will I be able to view previous transactions

Given that there has been an update to the "My Post" and "Load and Go Travel" websites will we be able to view previous transactions made on the travel card prior to the update?

Nubia
NubiaDocklands, 3008

will it charge any fee even the card never been used?

will it be charged any management fee for the card which is never be used since purchased? and what if i don't received a renew card even i register it in my account? thank you!

Australia P.Australia Post

I've Been using the card for a while with very few issues.

I signed up for a reloadable card a while back and have used it regularly in between using my Business card and a low limit personal card (only for credit rating). I've never had any issues with it before, I use it for ebay, online trading etc. I've only hit a snag just recently where I've loaded money onto the card in store and have yet to see any indication of funds being added on the online portal/app for the cards. Its been a day and while I did add funds in person and received a receipt, I've usually found the funds to be ready right away. Minor annoyance I guess.

Jack
JackMelbourne

Works as intended mostly, but can have problems

As service for those needing a relatively painless and quite effective card for online banking, this is fantastic. It works well with PayPal and other services, and although I haven't tried it for a while, it does work in stores too.

Some minor annoyances arise with some system bugs and service limitations, but mostly it works quite well.

Some better tutorials could be in order for the more technical aspect, but FAQ on the AusPost website works well enough.

Matt A
Matt ACentral West, NSW

Overall pretty good... until now.

for 2 years I have not had a problem, but I just got sent a replacement card... went to activate it online, got a message saying its already activated, so I went to the nearest Aust Post outlet, and loaded $400 onto it, to pay a bill, for 2 years this has gone through instantly, but today? few hours later, and the funds have not gone into my card, I can not link the card to paypal properly, and now I cant make a payment I promised today... At least I have the receipt, if the money is not in by 9am tomorrow, I will be chasing a complete cash refund, and chasing costs.

Load & GO beginner

I purchased my L&G the other day. Thought I would GO check reviews gs not sure l want to use it anymore how can there be so many errors with something like this?

Anna
Anna

So far so good...until now

Duplicate transactions

Hi,
I am in the same boat, transaction on my load and go card shows pre authorised purchase then purchase and fee charge rang customer service today taken money out twice? same as other customers, purchase amount, a pre authorised amount and also 9c fee, now have to wait to see if being credited for duplicate amount taken

CazzaPerth, WA

Great for travel!

I purchased this card for my son when he was going on an overseas holiday, I got it from Australia post, it took the worry out of him carrying cash and getting it stolen, it was easy for him to load money on to the card, would recommend if you want to keep your cash safe when travelling.

Australia P.Australia Post

Thanks so much for sharing Cazza! I hope your son enjoyed his trip :)

Roxy

Had a fab time ty

TREVsydney

Be Careful And Check Regularly

Australia P.Australia Post

Hi Trev, I think you are referring to a load and go card from Australia Post, this is the Prepaid TravelSIM (phone SIM card) product review site.

TREV

i was referring to the load and go card

apologies

How to fix your card

Mohamad A.
Mohamad A.asked

Hey there I was just wondering if I can have a reoccurring membership with this card

Cat P.Australia Post

Hi Mohamad,

I've responded to your earlier question and private message, so please check either of those for my response.

- Cat

Mohamad A.
Mohamad A.asked

Hey there I was just wondering if I could have a recurring membership with this card

Cat P.Australia Post

Hi Mohamad,

I'm afraid not, as generally subscription based services require a credit card, whereas the Load and Go card acts as a debit card. Your best bet would be to speak with the company you'd like to have the membership with and see what they say.

- Cat

Tyler
Tylerasked

i loaded my travel card, but i can't make a w-drawer. every time i try to get cash at the ATM machine it keeps saying temporarily unavailable and transaction canceled. please someone tell me what is wrong and how can i fix it?

Anonymous762
Anonymous762

I had a similar issue with this card. I tried to buy via eftpos at a shop with my savings in this card, and could not rectify the issue.

When I contacted load and go, to help me to get into my online Australia post load and go account they wanted me to give them a photo of my medicare card and drivers licence detalis online. I felt that doing this online may be unsafe, due to the possibility of I.D theft

Also, when I had money stolen out of my Australia post load and go account, when I complained to the Australia post staff, they would not even investigate it, or follow it up. The fees for load and go are very expensive. I think that you are better of using a special fee free or low fee bank account for online purposes, to get better customer service and lower fees.

Ibne F.Australia Post

Hi Tyler

It's concerning to know that you can't use the ATM for a cash withdrawal. If you are still facing this issue, please call Card Services on 1800 549 718 within Australia or +44 207 649 9404 internationally for help 24/7.

Regards