Australia Post Load&Go Travel Card

Listing monitored by Australia Post

Mark M.
Mark M.AU

load and go review 11/1/19

I have load and go app on iPhone its great I can check my balance
and the renew fee is 6.95$!! and fees are the same

I want it lowered to for concession users like me !

and you can buy a new card in au post

and Transaction fee for purchases are $0.09 per purchase transaction (9 cents), capped at $0.99 per month (30 days starting from the date of the first transaction).

Does not apply to ATM withdrawals *

I think it's great

I use mine for online shopping, load it up and spend it. I'm not a fan of the admin centre though, this seems to work intermittently. The other reviews are not good but I don't expect too much, I just put $50-$100 on and spend it.

Australia P.Australia Post

Thanks so much for sharing Stable. What browser(s) are you having trouble with viewing the online account with?

Stable

Don't know, computers interest me very little, I prefer reality. My wife calls the balance check (for which there is a charge) and has no problem. I'm suspicious.

Jules
JulesDUBBO

Thank you Australia Post for telling me it takes two working days to load my Load & Go Visa Card via internet banking
Jules
Ps Pays to scroll down through all the questions

Australia P.Australia Post

Thanks for your feedback Jules.

~Sami

Don’t know password and want to change email address on account

Hi I have asked to reset password and it asked for email address .I gave email address and it says it has sent an email to address so I can change password.But never receive email .How do I change my email address on account .Thank you

Travel Money Cards & Currency Exchanges

Find out how Australia Post Load&Go Travel Card compares to other Travel Money Cards & Currency Exchanges

I was going to purchase this product but after reading these reviews will give it a pass

I cant believe that a product has so many complaints. Thank you to everyone that took the time to write a review and alert me. I hope you all get your money back. You can report this product to Consumer Affairs as this definitely appears to be misleading conduct.

stec

how long does it take once you transfer funds from your everyday debit card to your load and go travel card? I just done it now there's nothing shown that money has been transferred.

Australia P.Australia Post

I've Been using the card for a while with very few issues.

I signed up for a reloadable card a while back and have used it regularly in between using my Business card and a low limit personal card (only for credit rating). I've never had any issues with it before, I use it for ebay, online trading etc. I've only hit a snag just recently where I've loaded money onto the card in store and have yet to see any indication of funds being added on the online portal/app for the cards. Its been a day and while I did add funds in person and received a receipt, I've usually found the funds to be ready right away. Minor annoyance I guess.

Jack
JackMelbourne

Works as intended mostly, but can have problems

As service for those needing a relatively painless and quite effective card for online banking, this is fantastic. It works well with PayPal and other services, and although I haven't tried it for a while, it does work in stores too.

Some minor annoyances arise with some system bugs and service limitations, but mostly it works quite well.

Some better tutorials could be in order for the more technical aspect, but FAQ on the AusPost website works well enough.

CazzaPerth, WA

Great for travel!

I purchased this card for my son when he was going on an overseas holiday, I got it from Australia post, it took the worry out of him carrying cash and getting it stolen, it was easy for him to load money on to the card, would recommend if you want to keep your cash safe when travelling.

Australia P.Australia Post

Thanks so much for sharing Cazza! I hope your son enjoyed his trip :)

Had a fab time ty

robynb
robynbSouth West, QLD

Can't do with out it so easy to find your balance

I am very happy with it so easy to use and check balance you can use it any where and you can draw money out of it it is great thank you

October 5th 2017 Update: Can not live with out it

It is a great card I am so please I got it you can pay it on your phone and you can check the balance on line no statement and you do not get charged late feed

Australia P.Australia Post

Thanks so much for sharing this Robyn, it's great to here and I'll be sure to pass this feedback on to our card team.

N. C.
N. C.

Wonderful!

Great for people who can't have/use a debit card, provides security so that you won't lose your money if you accidentally provide your details to phishers or skimmed. Regardless that they have Indians as support they do their jobs and helped me get through my ordeal.
Easy to obtain through the local PO.

Thanks for sharing N. C.

RAW
RAWBallarat

Starting to get their act together.

Today I managed to register my replacement card (online) and subsequently successfully tested it by purchasing an item from Ebay (via Paypal).
Hopefully the horrors of the past couple of weeks may finally be over.
As a bonus, the new Auspost website is pretty slick when compared to the old one which, although reliable, was pretty basic - almost amateurish. You do have to create an account though.
All up, not as dire as recent reviews would have us believe.

nan8
nan8

Safe and easy option

Purchased Load and Go as an alternative to using credit card for online purchases and payments.
When I am at my local P.O. I top up funds and get balance
Have not tried to use it for anything else or when travelling so it suits my needs perfectly.
The only negative was discovering there was a fee to obtain a balance by phone.

Australia P.Australia Post

Thanks for sharing nan8 :)

Tky
TkySydney

Best one for me

I'm use load and go cart more than 3 years very good for online shopping work with PayPal never have any problem safe better than credit card.I use in overseas online shops to never getting any problem kids liked to online game work perfectly

Australia P.Australia Post

Thanks for sharing Tky :)

Pat
PatBrisbane

No issues at all

I purchased a load and go China card and I am quite surprised reading all the negative reviews. I believe a lot has to do with no reading the terms and conditions, fees etc since I had no issue from the time I purchased my card, activated it, loaded money and used it in China. Works like a charm and will definitely use it again.

Mohamad A.
Mohamad A.asked

Hey there I was just wondering if I can have a reoccurring membership with this card

Cat P.Australia Post

Hi Mohamad,

I've responded to your earlier question and private message, so please check either of those for my response.

- Cat

Mohamad A.
Mohamad A.asked

Hey there I was just wondering if I could have a recurring membership with this card

Cat P.Australia Post

Hi Mohamad,

I'm afraid not, as generally subscription based services require a credit card, whereas the Load and Go card acts as a debit card. Your best bet would be to speak with the company you'd like to have the membership with and see what they say.

- Cat

Tyler
Tylerasked

i loaded my travel card, but i can't make a w-drawer. every time i try to get cash at the ATM machine it keeps saying temporarily unavailable and transaction canceled. please someone tell me what is wrong and how can i fix it?

Anonymous762
Anonymous762

I had a similar issue with this card. I tried to buy via eftpos at a shop with my savings in this card, and could not rectify the issue.

When I contacted load and go, to help me to get into my online Australia post load and go account they wanted me to give them a photo of my medicare card and drivers licence detalis online. I felt that doing this online may be unsafe, due to the possibility of I.D theft

Also, when I had money stolen out of my Australia post load and go account, when I complained to the Australia post staff, they would not even investigate it, or follow it up. The fees for load and go are very expensive. I think that you are better of using a special fee free or low fee bank account for online purposes, to get better customer service and lower fees.

Ibne F.Australia Post

Hi Tyler

It's concerning to know that you can't use the ATM for a cash withdrawal. If you are still facing this issue, please call Card Services on 1800 549 718 within Australia or +44 207 649 9404 internationally for help 24/7.

Regards