Australia Post Load&Go Travel Card

Listing monitored by Australia Post

Mark M.
Mark M.AU

load and go review 11/1/19

I have load and go app on iPhone its great I can check my balance
and the renew fee is 6.95$!! and fees are the same

I want it lowered to for concession users like me !

and you can buy a new card in au post

and Transaction fee for purchases are $0.09 per purchase transaction (9 cents), capped at $0.99 per month (30 days starting from the date of the first transaction).

Does not apply to ATM withdrawals *

Jules
JulesDUBBO

Thank you Australia Post for telling me it takes two working days to load my Load & Go Visa Card via internet banking
Jules
Ps Pays to scroll down through all the questions

Australia P.Australia Post

Thanks for your feedback Jules.

~Sami

Don’t know password and want to change email address on account

Hi I have asked to reset password and it asked for email address .I gave email address and it says it has sent an email to address so I can change password.But never receive email .How do I change my email address on account .Thank you

Australia P.Australia Post

I was going to purchase this product but after reading these reviews will give it a pass

I cant believe that a product has so many complaints. Thank you to everyone that took the time to write a review and alert me. I hope you all get your money back. You can report this product to Consumer Affairs as this definitely appears to be misleading conduct.

Travel Money Cards & Currency Exchanges

Find out how Australia Post Load&Go Travel Card compares to other Travel Money Cards & Currency Exchanges

stec

how long does it take once you transfer funds from your everyday debit card to your load and go travel card? I just done it now there's nothing shown that money has been transferred.

robynb
robynbSouth West, QLD

Can't do with out it so easy to find your balance

I am very happy with it so easy to use and check balance you can use it any where and you can draw money out of it it is great thank you

October 5th 2017 Update: Can not live with out it

It is a great card I am so please I got it you can pay it on your phone and you can check the balance on line no statement and you do not get charged late feed

Australia P.Australia Post

Thanks so much for sharing this Robyn, it's great to here and I'll be sure to pass this feedback on to our card team.

nan8
nan8

Safe and easy option

Purchased Load and Go as an alternative to using credit card for online purchases and payments.
When I am at my local P.O. I top up funds and get balance
Have not tried to use it for anything else or when travelling so it suits my needs perfectly.
The only negative was discovering there was a fee to obtain a balance by phone.

Australia P.Australia Post

Thanks for sharing nan8 :)

Tky
TkySydney

Best one for me

I'm use load and go cart more than 3 years very good for online shopping work with PayPal never have any problem safe better than credit card.I use in overseas online shops to never getting any problem kids liked to online game work perfectly

Australia P.Australia Post

Thanks for sharing Tky :)

Pat
PatBrisbane

No issues at all

I purchased a load and go China card and I am quite surprised reading all the negative reviews. I believe a lot has to do with no reading the terms and conditions, fees etc since I had no issue from the time I purchased my card, activated it, loaded money and used it in China. Works like a charm and will definitely use it again.

Peter W
Peter WMelbourne

The people on here saying its bad are getting it wrong.

The whole thing is easy if you do it the simple way, transfering from a bank account can be long and annoying, but if you just goto the post office, they say it can take a few hours, but generally it takes less than half an hour for me, theres no fees if you dont lose your details, easy enough. customer support is generally alright, the only downside is that there is a fair wait, but thats the same with any customer service, i am overall very happy.

Fantastic

A lot of people seem really upset, but personally its been brilliant for me. It was easy to setup and is easy to use. i have made many successful purchases on the internet and everything has worked beautifully. I have not tried transfering money from a different card. which seems to be the main issue that everyone is having , as it seems to take a while. i just go to my local post office, give them the money and the card and its instantly transfered. I am now waiting for my pin that i've sent. hopefully it works ;)

Cufl Pup
Cufl PupMelbourne

Great for small internet transactions and teaching kids about the net and credit cards

All been good for me for 2 years. Yes, the admin side isn't perfect - but don't let all negative reviews dissuade you. If you value anonymity then just put up with the few annoyances. Here's how it works for me. I keep a small balance and use it for buying low value items off the internet - especially from small unknown suppliers that you wouldn't want to quote your own credit card to. For my kids, when they want something e.g. $12.50, they give me the money and then borrow the card to type in the numbers. At the same time we get to discuss the purchase and about being cautious with online transactions, which teaches them great disciplines on the net and with money. Thanks Aussie Post!

Lynne E
Lynne E

Fantastic product

This product is fantastic there were no unexpected fees or charges l just came back from China which is very difficult when people don't speak English and because l had my phone with me l had no hassles l could ring home and also recharge at the press of a button the customer support was great l highly recommend this product.WELL DONE Ausie Post.

I agree!!!

I agree!!! I've now used my card extensively in Japan, Malaysia and Indonesia and never ever had a problem with it. I'm happy with the exchange rates. Nothing is for free and I consider 3% exchange commission a fair price for the safety of not using my personal and business accounts whilst overseas. All ATM's charge a fee!!! Just a little confused about the above comment of max $250 a week withdrawal??? I usually withdraw at least $200 every 2nd to 3rd day.

Nifty AF

Can honestly say that it is the most nifty, convenient thing I've encountered. Don't listen to the degenerates saying otherwise - Load & Go gives you an easy way to buy online without danger of credit card fraud. Furthermore, contrary to what these other people are saying (who are probably mistaking this card for something else) the account setup is smooth and brief with any half-competent Australia Post employee, and after the initial $7 cost for the card, there are no extra costs to top up as you please. $7 for a secure, easy and nifty way to buy products online? Count me in, fam.

Mohamad A.
Mohamad A.asked

Hey there I was just wondering if I can have a reoccurring membership with this card

Cat P.Australia Post

Hi Mohamad,

I've responded to your earlier question and private message, so please check either of those for my response.

- Cat

Mohamad A.
Mohamad A.asked

Hey there I was just wondering if I could have a recurring membership with this card

Cat P.Australia Post

Hi Mohamad,

I'm afraid not, as generally subscription based services require a credit card, whereas the Load and Go card acts as a debit card. Your best bet would be to speak with the company you'd like to have the membership with and see what they say.

- Cat

Tyler
Tylerasked

i loaded my travel card, but i can't make a w-drawer. every time i try to get cash at the ATM machine it keeps saying temporarily unavailable and transaction canceled. please someone tell me what is wrong and how can i fix it?

Anonymous762
Anonymous762

I had a similar issue with this card. I tried to buy via eftpos at a shop with my savings in this card, and could not rectify the issue.

When I contacted load and go, to help me to get into my online Australia post load and go account they wanted me to give them a photo of my medicare card and drivers licence detalis online. I felt that doing this online may be unsafe, due to the possibility of I.D theft

Also, when I had money stolen out of my Australia post load and go account, when I complained to the Australia post staff, they would not even investigate it, or follow it up. The fees for load and go are very expensive. I think that you are better of using a special fee free or low fee bank account for online purposes, to get better customer service and lower fees.

Ibne F.Australia Post

Hi Tyler

It's concerning to know that you can't use the ATM for a cash withdrawal. If you are still facing this issue, please call Card Services on 1800 549 718 within Australia or +44 207 649 9404 internationally for help 24/7.

Regards