Australia Post Domestic Parcel Post (Standard)

Australia Post Domestic Parcel Post (Standard) Questions & Answers

57 questions from our users

Ben N.

Ben N.asked

Domestic Parcel Post (Standard)

Please advise what is happening with the following item 88K516843501000935102. Tracking does not seem to update. Cheers

Hi Ben,

It's normal not to see any scans whilst your parcel is moving across the country and you may not see another scan until it's in WA at the next sorting facility. Your parcel is estimated to arrive within eight business days so please allow until the 3rd December.

Have a lovely day!

Stuart

Stuartasked

Domestic Parcel Post (Standard)

I am expecting a delivery 333UF963879001000935002, but it has been "Received and ready for processing" since Monday 23 afternoon. Please advice when the delivery can start?

Hi Stuart,

This one should have already started now and was estimated to arrive today but can't see any further scans since it was sent. Parcels between these postcodes should take up to four business days however it's no secret that there are delays in our network these days so I recommend allowing until Monday and if the scans don't update we can start an investigation for you.

Coleen K.

Coleen K.asked

Domestic Parcel Post (Standard)

Hi there. I have post coming today suppose tobe and its still says its coming today its already 20:49
Can you please track it 2GLZ01981465

Hi Coleen,

I can see you spoke to someone today about this and they assisted you. If you require any further assistance please let me know!

This page is monitored Monday - Friday and if you require an update sooner we recommend speaking to our Social Media Team on Facebook & Twitter that are available 24/7. Alternatively you can call us on 13 7678 (Mon - Fri) or live chat with someone - https://auspost.com.au/help-and-support

Kelila W.

Kelila W.asked

Domestic Parcel Post (Standard)

Hi I’ve ordered something from pinkenba qld and it’s been sitting in eagle farm qld for the last couple of days not moving? Eagle farm is only a 30 minute drive from where this parcel is meant to be delivered. So I don’t understand why it’s just been sitting there in transit?

Tracking number GTA255395501000930805

Hi Kelila,

I'm sorry to hear that you're still waiting for this one even though it seems to be close to you. Your parcel is still on its way to you and we expected it to arrive today but there are still no scans since it was sent on the 16th and we estimate up to three business days so it should have arrived by now but it could just be caught up in a delay. I recommend allowing until Monday and if the scans don't update we can start an investigation for you.

I hope you have a lovely weekend,

Michael B.asked

Domestic Parcel Post (Standard)

I have a parcel that has been sitting with status "Its being prepared" since the 21st of October.
What does "Its being prepared" even mean?
I lodged a query on the 5th of November. No reply.
I lodged another query on the 12th of November, which was summarily cancelled. Still no reply.
Tracking number is: 33YVL033399201000931507
Australia Post service has turned to crap lately.

Ruby S.
Ruby S.

I have the same problem

Hi Michael,

Being prepared just means that your sender has created the shipping label and emailed us the details to register the tracking number in our system. We'd generally expect to see that they've posted it within about 24-48 hours after that however given it's been so long, I'd recommend getting in touch with your sender to find out what's going on.

My guess is that they're actually shipping this from overseas with a different carrier who then lodge the parcel with us for the domestic delivery. It's a pretty common method used by online retailers and your parcel is probably just taking it's time to get over to Australia given the current global circumstances. This would definitely explain why the tracking indicates we're still waiting for it to be posted with us.

Your sender will be able to follow up with whichever logistics company they are using to ship this to you and make sure there are no other issues preventing it from getting lodged with us.

Hi Casey K.
You guys need more meaningful status codes. "Its being prepared" tells us nothing useful. It would better to have a status that reflects the true situation. I've checked with the people at the other end. The package is in Australia and has been for a week. Apparently its gone through Import Customs Clearance and is stuck in a Destination Hub. No idea what that means. Yet, nothing has been updated in your Tracking???

C W.asked

Hi,
I've been tracking my parcel since October and now it's been sitting at Strathfield facility for over a month....what can I do?

Ring them and complain, theyn will add it to the others and maybe review in a month!! and then doing nothing

Hi C W,

I'd like to help and see what the hold is, what's the tracking number?

Hi Priscila,
Thanks for your reply. 0307059402958006000994

Jay

Jayasked

Tracking number A9T300560401000930304
It's it normal for the update to be stuck on "item processed at facility Melbourne VIC"
Expensive gift so don't want it to be lost or stolen.

Hey Jay,

Don't worry it's not lost. Parcels in Melbourne are taking a bit longer than normal right now but you can expect this to arrive before too long.

Hopefully it's out to you even as soon as tomorrow but keep an eye on the tracking over the weekend too as we're delivering 7 days a week to minimise any delays.

Hi
I have a parcel thats still says in tracking its being prepared since the 22nd of October. When will it finally say it's on it's way?
Tracking no. 2C5501144301000935109

Hi Leigh,

It's on its way now but seems the tracking just hasn't reached the next point to update on the website. We estimate this parcel to take up to eleven business days to be delivered so please allow until the 6th of November. If you don't receive the parcel by then please ask the sender to contact us.

Ok thankyou

kcon9999999999

kcon9999999999asked

Domestic Parcel Post (Standard)

Delayed – waiting to be processed for delivery
When will I be receiving the parcel? I've been waiting since last week

Hi there,

I'd expect it by the end of the week, hopefully it's even out for delivery to you tomorrow :)

Jade Casked

Domestic Parcel Post (Standard)

Hi I dropped off two parcels in a red box on 19th of October. The tracking says one of them has been delivered but the other still says ‘initiated’. The buyer has asked me to assist them with this issue so just wondering if there is a chance that it is being delivered without being scanned? or how would I know if it’s lost? I’m unsure if it’s just been delayed since the delivered parcel was to SA (from syd NSW) while this one is only to NSW.

The tracking number is 99703210990401000830900

Thanks :)

Hi there Jade,

Sounds like delivery should be any day now as we are currently estimating up to around 6 business days within NSW.

If you'd like to send me a private message with your details, we can get a case up and running to keep an eye on this for you and you'll be able to let the addressee know we're looking into it :)

Thanks a lot

Joe Jones

Joe Jonesasked

Domestic Parcel Post (Standard)

Hi, my parcel has been delayed and waiting to be processed for 14 days now and i lodged a late or missing item form 4 days ago and have had no response,

The tracking ID is 34A783404267

I was wondering if you could give an update.

Dangles
Dangles

You have to contact them again, after 10 business days of item hasn’t arrived. They will do a “investigation” after 28 days, they will contact the company who sent you the item. But they will have a excuse, saying you was scammed.

Hi Joe,

You've been waiting a really long time for this and it should have reached you well by now.

Please send me a private message here with your case number and details so that we can discuss this further.

Please also notify your sender that this hasn't reached you and ask them to get in touch with us as well. They'll have additional information which will help us get this resolved faster.

David H.asked

Hi,

My parcel with tracking number TLC003332501000930307 has been delayed without any further news/information.
It was shipped from Sydney on 6 October 2020, got delay information on 15 October 2020 and until now there is no further information.

Please help to check where is my parcel whereabouts and when it can be delivered.

Thanks and regards,
david

Hi David,

I can see this has been delivered yesterday :)

Hi,

Yes, suddenly it was delivered the day after I wrote the query.

thanks and regards,
david

Great, thanks for confirming David,

Have a fantastic rest of your week :)

Bianca

Biancaasked

Domestic Parcel Post (Standard)

How can I confirm that my package is missing and was lost in transit? Tracking number LCE202593701000650802

Hi Bianca

I have responded your private message. Please provide the details via private message.

Regards

Domestic Parcel Post (Standard)

I need to know where my parcel is. I sent a returned item from launceston destined for Sydney with parcel post on the 21st of September. Its been nearly a month and its still hasnt reached its destination. The last update on tracking says it arrived in Sydney on the 9th and its been processed for delivery on the 10th of October. Why is it still delayed?
Tracking no. R740017025712165006120900

Hi Leigh,

We're currently delayed with parcels right now so items are taking longer than usual. Are you able to tell me what business this is being returned to?

TVSN

Priscila L.Australia Post

If they receive a large volume of parcels we may not see any delivered scan as they are delivered in bulk. Have you been in touch with them to see if they have received it?

Domestic Parcel Post (Standard)

I need to know where my parcel is.

MichelleM
MichelleM

I don't work for Aus Post, but I would check your emails and look for a contact number.

Hi Leigh,

Happy to help! What's the tracking number?

R740017025712165006120900

clement

clementasked

Domestic Parcel Post (Standard)

why my parcel is sitting in sydney processing facility for more than a week? friday 02 untill now?

Hi Clement

Kindly provide the tracking no & the destination postcode so that I can check further & get back to you.

Natalie

Natalieasked

my tracking number is R326895026018411
It was meant to be delivered by the 9th and it’s stuck on processed at Melbourne facility and that’s it it’s travelling to campbellfield

Hi Natalie

This parcel (R326895026018411) has been delivered today. If you have not received this, kindly let me know.

Regards

Krista M.

Krista M.asked

Hi,

I ordered a parcel from Amazon
The tracking says that it was dispatched on 23 September. Now it says “delayed - waiting for processed for delivery”.

I wanted to check to make sure the parcel has not been lost. Tracking number is 33JDU5006148

Gustavo
Gustavo

They would never confess it.

Hi Krista,

Happy to help! This one is over due and should have arrived by now. I wish I could shed some light for you about this but the only info we have is that it was sent. Have you been in touch with the sender about this?

ECF

ECFasked

Domestic Parcel Post (Standard)

I ordered an item on Monday 5 October and was told it would arrive within 2-6 business days. However, it is only being shipped from NSW to WA by standard parcel post. The estimated delivery date is Wednesday 14 to Monday 19 October. How likely do you think it is that it will arrive before Monday 19 October? I need it prior to the weekend. The tracking number is 33MVH501826101000930304. It seems to just have been in transit in CHULLORA NSW for two days now.

Hi ECF,

Happy to give you some info on your parcel that you're waiting. It's hard to say if it will arrive by that date or earlier, were experiencing delays all over our network so I can't make any promises. It's okay that there are no scans right now as you may not see another scan until it's in WA and sorted there so give it a bit more time. Parcels are always on the move though so even if you don't see a scan for a while it doesn't mean it hasn't moved.

Ben

Benasked

Domestic Parcel Post (Standard)

Please check why there is no movement on the following items R332697015628279 and STK5231766 - these should have been delivered a long time ago, I've been really patient with this but I need an answer and a solution ASAP. Thanks.

Hi Ben,

Happy to help and thanks for being so patient with our delays. STK5231766 is very well overdue now and there haven't been any scans since it was sent, it could be missing but I'd like to do a final check. Can you send me a private message with the details description of the item? R332697015628279 was last scanned on the 19th and was estimated to delivered this week due to the delays were experiencing. I know it's been a while but there's nothing out of the ordinary with this one yet (crazy, I know) and recommend allowing at least another week. Even though there are no new scans does not mean your item is not moving, just won't see another scan until it's at your local delivery centre which will happen on the day of delivery.

Get an answer from our members and Australia Post representatives