Australia Post Domestic Parcel Post (Standard)

Australia Post Domestic Parcel Post (Standard) Questions & Answers

144 questions from our users

Lei Z.asked

Hi AuPost,

My track number is 33D9A222321701000935005. The status of my parcel is stuck on Its being prepared. The sender said the item has been picked up yesterday morning. I’d like to know when will the status be updated. I am worried that the parcel is lost or stolen

Hi Lei,

We'd normally expect to see a tracking update once it has been picked up. Are you sure it's been picked up by us or could it be that your sender is actually shipping this from overseas with a different carrier before it gets lodged with us? That's a pretty common arrangement these days.

I'd recommend getting back in touch with your sender and asking them to contact us so that we can confirm the parcel has been posted with us and look into why there is no tracking event to advise this if that is the case.

Lei Z.

The send confirmed the item has been picked up by staff from Australia Post in Tuesday morning, 15/06/2021. And it’s domestic parcel from Sydney

Thanks Lei,

It's definitely odd not to see that on the tracking. Also, the return address on the parcel is in Victoria and the shipping information has been submitted to us in Melbourne at the Mount Waverley Business Hub.

If it was being posted from Sydney though, delivery to your location would be expected tomorrow or Monday. If you don't receive it by then and there still aren't any tracking updates, please ask your sender to contact us.

Hello,
Receiver .Parcel R460808003427195 showing as delivered 15/6. 2.51pm . Parcel not received.
Not found. Was home at the time. Not in post box or in safe space.

Hey Jason,

I'm sorry to hear this. We'll need to get an investigation started, so please give us a call on 13 13 18 or reach out on Facebook or Twitter.

Damon T.
Damon T.asked
Domestic Parcel Post (Standard)

I have a parcel that's been stuck on "in transit" for a couple days now that just got updated to "waiting to be processed for delivery. Does this mean that it's no longer stuck in transit, or is it an automated response to being delayed?
2AP2873425

Howard
Howard

Can't help you Damon, sorry. Try waiting for it.

Hi Damon,

I can see why you'd be confused! Looking at the scans we have it looks like the parcel arrived at the delivery centre on Tuesday, so should have gone out for delivery yesterday. While it will likely go out today, we can open an investigation with the delivery centre to confirm this if you want. Just send us the parcel and tracking details via Facebook PM or give us a call on 13 13 18.

Adelle
Adelleasked

Had No tracking updates since 31st #R539102003103093
Will tracking be updated soon?
Thank you.

Hi Adelle,

Yes, this looks to be coming across to Victoria from WA. We'll see a tracking event once it does reach a facility in Victoria. Parcel's typically take around a week or so to make the journey across so a tracking update may be likely over the weekend or early next week. Please allow a little additional time at the moment though as the lockdown may be affecting some transport and processing in and out of Melbourne.

doug m.asked
Domestic Parcel Post (Standard)

Hi I ordered a parcel through e bay that was received by Australia Post at 9:12 am on the 16th and the tracking has not updated once since, not even to say that it’s ‘On its way’ my tracking number is R433631013269887006120906

Hey Doug,

We'd definitely expect further tracking updates well by now. Please let the ebay seller know this hasn't arrived so that they can chase this up with us for you.

doug m.

Yeah, the seller wasn’t much help, just telling me that it would arrive by Tuesday but without any tracking updates I’m worried

Casey K.Australia Post

Looks like it's out for delivery today Doug :)

Sorry to hear the seller wasn't too helpful but glad you notified them as this would have allowed for further dispute resolution through eBay were you not to receive the delivery. Glad to see that isn't necessary though and that the parcel is out to you today.

Lorraine S.
Lorraine S.asked
Domestic Parcel Post (Standard)

Hi. I sent some parcels off yesterday and two of them were on the to the Granville depot, but are now back at Redbank. Not sure why...everything else is on its way as per usual. They were in recycled pre paid satchels and I printed out postage labels using my post account. Did I do something wrong?

Mike H.
Mike H.

I don’t work for Auspost (I only work for reputable businesses), so unfortunately I’m not in a position to help you.

Hi Lorraine,

You won't have done anything wrong, sometimes it may be necessary for a parcel to be processed a couple of times before it gets sent on to the next destination. Would you mind sharing the tracking numbers and delivery postcodes so that I can make sure these are both on track?

Hello,
Need tracking update for EBA02124588801008320907, sent 25/5 via post box to 4869.
Thanks J

Hey Jason,

EBA02124588801008320907 was processed through our Brisbane Parcel Facility earlier this morning. Based on that scan, we're expecting it to be delivered on or before Monday the 7th of June.

Hope this helps!

Thanks very much

Kat
Katasked
Domestic Parcel Post (Standard)

Hi, my parcel post was posted out by the sender to me last Thursday. It is now the following Friday and my tracking update states “delayed - waiting to be processed for delivery”. Tracking is 63252751195095.

Could you please shed some light as to why there is a delay/hold up.

Hi Kat,

Looks like it's been delivered today, have you received it?

Rebecca N.
Rebecca N.asked
Domestic Parcel Post (Standard)

My parcel, ZZF3005823, was supposed to arrive on Thursday or Friday last week. It says on tracking “Delayed - waiting to be processed for delivery”

Is there any chance of it maybe arriving before Thursday?

Hey Rebecca,

We expected ZZF3005823 to be delivered by yesterday so as it hasn't been, I'd like to get an investigation started.

Keep an eye out for a message from me requesting some more information so we're able to do so.

Ryan L.asked

Waiting on 33A38148341401000930806

Says delayed. Waiting to be processed for delivery since 8th May and no update yet. Please advise? Been couple of days and nothing has changed

Hi Ryan,

I'm sorry that you're still waiting on this one. It does seem to be running late as delivery would have been expected by Monday the 10th. Hopefully it turns up tomorrow for you.

Ryan L.

There’s been no update on the item since 8th May why is that?

Alice F.Australia Post

It's hard to say at this point Ryan,

It's either running late and hasn't arrived at your delivery centre yet, or it's been lost in transit. At this point the odds are that it's late though.

Hello,
Need update on parcel EBA02113272901008320900.
No scanning 1 week since posting via letter box.

Destination 4122

Hey Jason,

Looks like it's out for delivery today :)

I can see it was posted in WA which explains why there wasn't a scan for such a long period of time as the parcel needed to make it to a facility in QLD.

Posting at a post office rather than in a street box will ensure a parcel receives a lodgement scan but whenever posting in a box, make sure to allow enough time for it to reach a facility close to it's destination. You can check current estimated delivery times here:

Hello,
Need update for Parcel R637183032518961 to 2747. Transferred from Chullora NSW to Redbank Qld????

Hi Jason,

I'm not sure why R637183032518961 ended up detouring via Qld since it does seem to be going to 2747. The sorters in Brissy will have picked up on the discrepancy when they sorted it on Monday, so going by our current delivery time frames between Qld and NSW, I'd expect delivery on Monday.

jenp
jenpasked
Domestic Parcel Post (Standard)

I was expecting a delivery on Friday 30/04, my parcel said it was onboard for delivery but I never received it. Now it is showi g as 'delayed'. What has happened? My tracking number is XB35001450

Hi Jenp,

I can see why you'd be worried! If your parcel was showing "onboard for delivery" last week it should have been delivered that day.

As it hasn't been, please fill in this form here https://tinyurl.com/3wd6ds7x so we can investigate with the driver for you.

Tony
Tonyasked
Domestic Parcel Post (Standard)

Hi I've been waiting for a parcel for a week now, apparently the machines had trouble reading the address label and it was stuck in Brisbane. Could you have a look and let me know how it's going please? The tracking No is R431695012409498006120907

Hey Tony,

I've had a look at R431695012409498006120907 and based on the scan I can see from yesterday, it looks like any issues we were having have been corrected. I'd allow until Thursday for it to be delivered, but if not, let us know again and we can get an investigation underway.

Paisley P.
Paisley P.asked
Domestic Parcel Post (Standard)

Just wondering what's happening with my parcel. Tracking hasn't updated since Tuesday 27/4 which said it was enroute to Tasmania which is also strange because I am in Melbourne track number is 33FJV181496401000930301

Hi Paisley,

I see what you mean, this definitely requires some further investigation. I can see you've already lodged an enquiry online so that will be underway and someone will be in touch once we do have some more information for you.

The most likely scenario could be a sorting error which would both explain the odd tracking destination and the late delivery. I expect we'll see a further tracking update shortly to confirm the parcel heading to your correct location followed by delivery shortly after.

Kimmyasked
Domestic Parcel Post (Standard)

Hi so I order one order last Tuesday, but the parcel was sent in 2 separate parcels. The one that was approved by Australian post first is still saying that it’s being prepared and the one that only just got approved last night is now on it’s way for delivery. I’m just wanting to know if this is also on it’s way and it hasn’t been updated or if it has been lost? (3GC2181947 Still being prepared)I’m wanting to know what happening with this parcel
(3GC2181927 says it’s on it’s way)

Hi Kimmy,

Looks like we're still waiting to see 3GC2181947 get posted with us.

The 'being prepared' tracking status means that your sender has created the shipping label and emailed us the details. For us to approve the shipping information, it just means that we are ready to receive the delivery once the sender is ready to post it with us.

In this case, these items look to be coming from a seller who ship items from overseas before posting them with us. According to the tracking 3GC2181927 was lodged with us over the weekend but as we're yet to see any scans to indicate 3GC2181947 has been received by us, it's likely still on the way via whichever carrier your sender uses to ship internationally.

I'd give it a bit more time as it's likely you'll see it posted with us shortly but if not, you'll need to contact the sender so that they can follow up with their shipping partners to find out what the hold up is.

Kimmy

Okay awesome,thank you for you’re help

Zac D
Zac Dasked
Domestic Parcel Post (Standard)

Hi, I'm just wondering what is happening with my parcel 33XHD037585501000935104. I bought the item on the 9th with the tracking number provided on the 10th. The shipping info was then received by Auspost on the 21st and accepted on the 22nd and said usually 3 business days. It's now the 30th and still says it's being prepared with no update.

Hey Zac,

You should see a tracking update to show this has finally been posted with us today.

For future reference, if the tracking still says 'being prepared', that means we are still waiting for it to be lodged with us.

In this case, this looks to be an item that your sender was shipping from overseas using a different carrier who then post it with us for the domestic delivery. Sounds like they may have taken longer than initially expected to get the item to Australia (not too uncommon given the lack of air travel these days) but the tracking does advise it has since been posted with us as of around 9:30 this morning.

Now that we've got it, delivery is expected by the end of the week.

If something like this ever happens again though and a parcel is 'being prepared' for longer than a couple of days, I recommend contacting your sender who can follow up with whoever they're using to ship the parcel to you, including us if necessary.

Anderson Kasked
Domestic Parcel Post (Standard)

Hi, I posted a parcel on the 16th April, and it has been sitting at the facility since 20th April. I was told same state delivery would take 2 to 5 business days. Can you tell me what’s going on? Why is it sitting at the facility since Tuesday? Tracking number is 33M9X1093356.
Any update from you is highly appreciated!

Hi Anderson,

This has actually been delivered on the 20th. It looks like it may have been going to a business address or large organisation or facility, is that correct? It looks to be a bulk delivery point meaning this address receives mail by the container load and individual items won't receive a 'delivered' scan however we do have internal information indicating that this item was on a manifest of items that were delivered to this address on the 20th.

Keep in mind, it may take a large organisation or business a little bit of time to go through and internally distribute their mail but I expect your addressee would be able to confirm receiving it for you if you check in with them.

Anderson K

They just confirmed they’ve received it. Thanks so much for your help! :)

Sach
Sachasked
Domestic Parcel Post (Standard)

Hi my order from SA says it has been ready for processing for close to 3 days now, just wondering if this is normal or if an error might have occurred? Just really need this order before next Saturday. Tracking no. 33BAM008071801000930304 Thanks

Hi Sach,

I can see that 33BAM008071801000930304 was handed over to us on Tuesday and is in transit to you. With our current delivery time frames between you and SA, I would expect delivery Monday or Tuesday.

Shannonasked
Domestic Parcel Post (Standard)

Why hasn’t the parcel been scannned yet it meant to be arriving Monday an there’s is still no tracking I it hasn’t updated since the 13th on Tuesday it’s still saying it’s in south Australia Whyalla When is my parcel going to update is been 9 days it hasn’t had a tracking since it was received by the Whyalla post office Please scan so I know what’s going on with delivery tracking numbers R544462021905104

Hey Shannon,

I can definitely understand why you're concerned considering the lack of scans, but we're happy to help here.

Could I please grab the postcode it's going to so I can estimate when it should be delivered?

Post code 2320 it should have been delivered monday

Thanks Shannon,

R544462021905104 is Express Post, so according to our latest network stats, it should have been delivered by the 15th.

Since we're now more than a week past the expected delivery date with no new scans it's possible we're looking at a parcel that's been lost, and not just delayed. I would recommend reaching out to the sender, as we need them to contact us to investigate this one at this stage, and if we can't find the contents of the parcel in our lost and found, we'll deem the parcel lost and compensate the sender for that loss.

I'm so sorry.

Get an answer from our members and Australia Post representatives

Australia Post Domestic Parcel Post (Standard)

Other Couriers