Aurelia G.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Expensive, Poor service and Extremely slow

Still waiting for a package to arrive 2 weeks later. Same state!
Tracking system doesn't give me any idea when I should expect it.
So expensive to send goods and it takes so long to get them.

I have used Sendle once and they were amazing. Got a package from SYD to MELB in one day and the cost was very good. Maybe we all should use Sendle from now on?

Hi there Cat,
Thanks for your response. One of them is 34DEL302272301000931504.
Cheers, Rae

delivery postcode is 3139

LinaeSydney, NSW

Paid $10 for a 500g parcel to be delivered

Ordered an item from a large retailer. Delivery date on app says one of two dates. O.K. But no delivery! Tracking is useless. Not sure why they are still in business! One of the worst service providers in Australia.

Chris D.
Chris D.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

16 days for delivery from Sydney to Adelaide

On 2 June 2021 TVSN submitted a small package at Sydney to be sent to an Adelaide suburb. Australia Post anticipated delivery between 4-9 June 2021. The final tracking information was that the packaged was in PERTH WA on 13 June 2021 at 6.14 pm. Despite numerous requests, the tracking information was not updated, apart from a customer query being submitted on 14 June 2021. Delivery was estimated to be 18-23 June 2021. Excuse given by Australia Post was that it had been missorted.
Finally delivered on 18 June 2021.

Tony
TonyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

3rd world country service

I've been waiting over a week for my item to arrive. Initially it was to arrive yesterday from QLD, I check
Ed the tracking this morning to discover it's still in Sunshine Melbourne gathering dust on a depot shelf. Is it any wonder this country is in the bad state it's in? If this was a private company it would have went to the wall years ago for all of the stuff ups. It's about time Australia had a far more competent postal service.

Adam AntPerth, WA

Slow boat

It took Aust Post 11 days to ship a small parcel 16km to my house. Meanwhile, i received another package using Border Express and it took only 3 days from Sydney. Pathetic !

Sender or ReceiverSender
Jay
JayDarwin, NT

Aus post is incredibly slow

Parcels getting stuck at either the post office you sent it from and at this end at Darwin post office for over a week. Very late as to when it was estimated

David L.
David L.South East Queensland, QLD

Live in Brisbane sent to Gold Coast

From their own tracking page

It's on its way (but who knows to where)
Most recent update
Incorrectly sorted and forwarded to correct location
MOLENDINAR QLD
Date & time Mon 17 May, 6.26am

Parcel arrived in Brisbane Sunday and then sent to the Gold Coast.
I am now expecting it to turn up in Perth. Will use a courier service in future...faster, cheaper and more reliable.

MissyMoo92
MissyMoo92Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Rediculous.

Driver refuses to drop off any parcels at my front door due to a "unsafe driveway" because apparently reversing out of my driveway is too dangerous when i dont understand how they keep putting the collect from post office notices in my letterbox when you have to pull into my driveway to do that, so they will pull up my driveway to deliver the collection notices but cannot deliver parcel to my door. Ive had a case pending for 2 weeks and i was replied to with a rude reply. Toll and startrack have no issues and always deliver to my door. Sick of wasting my time with them.

Matt79
Matt79Perth, WA

Why???

James LMid North Coast, NSW

How does Australia Post do it?

Jacquelyn Adams
Jacquelyn Adams

Always delayed

Everything is always delayed or missing. Something from America came 2 weeks quicker.
I ordered a parcel and its sitting with no updates since Monday. Pathetic really. I'll be using Aramex.

Michael M.
Michael M.Perth, WA

Poor Registered Mail Service

I am appalled at the service of a registered small parcel taking 19 days from Busselton To Stratton WA the longest wait was the Airport mail service and the Midland mail center did not really care when I followed up on the late delivery.

Craig OGrady Northeast, VIC

Different excuses by different staff members

I spend around 15k a year with Australia post and once there is a problem it’s not there fault. Customer service is shocking. I have been trying to get an update on a parcel I have sent out more than a month ago with no reply. I have called every day for 3 days saying that someone will call me within 24 hours. On the website it states between 24 and 48 hours. So many different stories I’ve now had to refund my customer because of the Aus post mistake and told just wait another 5 days! Than if you haven’t heard anything we will do something about it now

Sender or ReceiverSender
Tea Connoisseur
Tea ConnoisseurGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Third world service

One small parcel from Ballarat to Melb - took 18 days to deliver (four of those - public holidays).
Had no idea as to where it is for two weeks - apart from "Received and ready for processing".
Absolute incompetence.

Alice F.Australia Post

18 days is definitely longer than the average parcel travelling from Ballarat to Melbourne, even with weekends and Public Holidays in there. I'm sorry that your parcel took so long to get to you.

PrivateMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Good to know: it takes longer to deliver from Adelaide to the Adelaide Hills than from the UK to Australia !

Shipping TypeInternational
Private

Thank you for responding.

Lei Z.asked

Hi AuPost,

My track number is 33D9A222321701000935005. The status of my parcel is stuck on Its being prepared. The sender said the item has been picked up yesterday morning. I’d like to know when will the status be updated. I am worried that the parcel is lost or stolen

Hi Lei,

We'd normally expect to see a tracking update once it has been picked up. Are you sure it's been picked up by us or could it be that your sender is actually shipping this from overseas with a different carrier before it gets lodged with us? That's a pretty common arrangement these days.

I'd recommend getting back in touch with your sender and asking them to contact us so that we can confirm the parcel has been posted with us and look into why there is no tracking event to advise this if that is the case.

-Casey

Lei Z.

The send confirmed the item has been picked up by staff from Australia Post in Tuesday morning, 15/06/2021. And it’s domestic parcel from Sydney

Thanks Lei,

It's definitely odd not to see that on the tracking. Also, the return address on the parcel is in Victoria and the shipping information has been submitted to us in Melbourne at the Mount Waverley Business Hub.

If it was being posted from Sydney though, delivery to your location would be expected tomorrow or Monday. If you don't receive it by then and there still aren't any tracking updates, please ask your sender to contact us.

Jason
Jasonasked

Hello,
Receiver .Parcel R460808003427195 showing as delivered 15/6. 2.51pm . Parcel not received.
Not found. Was home at the time. Not in post box or in safe space.
Thanks,J

Hey Jason,

I'm sorry to hear this. We'll need to get an investigation started, so please give us a call on 13 13 18 or reach out on Facebook or Twitter.

- Cat

Damon T.
Damon T.asked
Domestic Parcel Post (Standard)

I have a parcel that's been stuck on "in transit" for a couple days now that just got updated to "waiting to be processed for delivery. Does this mean that it's no longer stuck in transit, or is it an automated response to being delayed?
2AP2873425

Howard
Howard

Can't help you Damon, sorry. Try waiting for it.

Hi Damon,

I can see why you'd be confused! Looking at the scans we have it looks like the parcel arrived at the delivery centre on Tuesday, so should have gone out for delivery yesterday. While it will likely go out today, we can open an investigation with the delivery centre to confirm this if you want. Just send us the parcel and tracking details via Facebook PM or give us a call on 13 13 18.

Alice