Australia Post Domestic Parcel Post (Standard)

Australia Post Domestic Parcel Post (Standard) (page 4 of 6)

Unsorted pile

Ordered a set of head gaskets for an engine, didn't arrive on Eta or near ETA, no communication from Aus post as to why the delay, it seems as though alot of my orders end up in the unsorted pile, at the depot by these monkeys that work for that multi million dollar business that still can't seem to get it right, so that is why this review is being written

Ibne F.Australia Post
James T
James TMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Over priced for what it is.

I recently posted a mug to a friend as a gift. The postage on it cost $9.20. Personally I find that way over priced. I order a lot of goods from online and most other countries offer much cheaper and more reliable services. I just don't understand how Australia post can continue to increase its prices yet the service, speed, and methods haven't improved in the past 20 years.
Would I RECOMMEND Them? NO.

JAY
JAYCanberra

Absolute joke!

Australia post are hopeless. The parcel driver we have for our area doesn’t even attempt to knock on our door. He has carded our mailbox when there is someone home all the time. Made numerous complaints about it. Paying delivery fees for a service we are not receiving! Any info on how I can escalate it to a higher level would be appreciated. It happened today and my partner caught him trying to drive off. She had a few choice words with him but I don’t think he heard her.

Long term customer
Long term customerHobart, TAS

Good service for the price

Inconsistent delivery speed. Two parcels were dispatched at the same time but one arrived 5 days later than the other. Tasmania seems to have a long delivery time from the mainland. Takes 7 plus days. Strangely, overseas parcels can get here quicker than domestic on good days. On bad days, it takes months. Pick up is hassle if the local post office is not open outside business hours. They compensate with a pick up service from 7 am at the back door. Very friendly and helpful staff.

Priscila L.Australia Post

Thanks for your review :)

Priscila

wynnie
wynnie

Depends on the driver

Some drivers are good, others lazy and just throw your parcel over the fence - and yes I have heard my new bone china cups smash as they did it. I also often get packages for other addresses left at my door.

Kristen L.
Kristen L.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

No updated tracking history till now

I bought a dress online. And the parcel has been received by the aupost on Tuesday. After that, no tracking information has been updated at all!!! what is the problem

Jessica
JessicaSydney, NSW

Delivery Timeframe

So I ordered an item late last week via parcel post, Australia post's ETA from Victoria to NSW was following Wednesday, it seemed more then reasonable to me since I was in no rush. Box Hill South received it on the 8/11/19 according to tracking.

While I understand Christmas is on it's way, I find it Crazy that the original ETA for delivery was 13/11/19 and in that time frame it's only moved from "Box hill South Vic" to the "Melbourne Sorting Facility" and still showing as sitting there today. New ETA is next Monday 18/11/19, maybe by then it will have arrived in the Sydney sorting facility by then LOL!

Learn from my mistake and just pay for express post regardless of how much you don't need it.

AlexBrisbane

Soooooo Sloooooooowwwwww

It would be quicker for me to drive from Brisbane to Melbourne to collect my parcel then to wait for Aus post to deliver it. I guess they're at least consistent at disappointing people.....

Alex

Hi Priscila. The tracking number is 33T6Q500126301000934508 which still has it in Melbourne.

Angry
AngryCentral Queensland, QLD

Didn't even knock on my door

So i bought something online, received a txt to say it will be delivered today and i replied saying i will be home to collect it. literally sat in the room next to the front door of the house all day to come out and find the ticket on my front door. The guy didn't even bother knocking! now i have to take a 25 min drive into town to pick it up myself. Considering we pay these guys to deliver our packages you'd think that they'd knock on the dam door!!!!

Bee R.
Bee R.Hunter Region, NSW

Over a week for a parcel to go less than 50km?!

Small box containing a soft toy posted at Cardiff post office to go to Neath - approx 50km.
Posted Friday 20/9 still has not arrived 27/9. How can it take over a week for a parcel to travel 50km?

roscoe
roscoeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very Slow Deliveries

Australia Post is a joke. I live in Cleveland and ordered an item that was picked up at Gumdale about 10 kms away. It is now Friday and the tracking number on site still states arriving with no other details. I could have walked to get it in a better time frame. This happens all the time now. I get parcels from the States it takes 4 days to get here then a week via Australia Post. Why are they so slow?

OzzyramjetPerth, WA

Totally incompetent staff! Absolutely no training from above, asked if I could show them what to do!!

Ozzyramjet

Disgraceful. I have a $3800 fine from SDRO because I would never receive my mail on time.

By the time i received my mail, the time had passed which means I'm out of time to respond.The fine is only for failing to nominate a driver within time frame. Well if they didnt fail to deliver my mail on time, I would have never had this issue to begin with. We are a professionally run business and are really upset with how this has dramatically impacted on us.
I contacted Australia Post earlier this year and made a complaint. I asked, dont you want my details? They said no that's ok. I said well how am I to know this issue will be sorted? I would like a call back please. They said dont worry it will be sorted but refused to take my number and call me back. Disgusting.

Colleen B
Colleen B
Madi R.
Madi R.South East Queensland, QLD

Terrible service, as usual

Without fail, everytime i order something online and the delivery service is aus post i cringe. They need to update the automated system which wrongly texts people when a package will be delivered. This has happened twice in a row now. Last time i had to wait all weekend to recieve my glasses that were sitting 10 minutes away from my house in a warehouse.

Parcel still not scanned after 4 days

I ordered some items from Art Republic in Melbourne which were posted on Monday the 22nd, now is it Friday and according to the tracking number the parcel still has not been scanned!

Michael M.Australia Post
Mazza

Thanks Mikey, I did contact the sender, and the parcel was handed to Aust Post last Monday (22). Thanks for the update I look forward to receiving it.

Lei Z.asked

Hi AuPost,

My track number is 33D9A222321701000935005. The status of my parcel is stuck on Its being prepared. The sender said the item has been picked up yesterday morning. I’d like to know when will the status be updated. I am worried that the parcel is lost or stolen

Casey K.Australia Post

Hi Lei,

We'd normally expect to see a tracking update once it has been picked up. Are you sure it's been picked up by us or could it be that your sender is actually shipping this from overseas with a different carrier before it gets lodged with us? That's a pretty common arrangement these days.

I'd recommend getting back in touch with your sender and asking them to contact us so that we can confirm the parcel has been posted with us and look into why there is no tracking event to advise this if that is the case.

-Casey

Lei Z.

The send confirmed the item has been picked up by staff from Australia Post in Tuesday morning, 15/06/2021. And it’s domestic parcel from Sydney

Casey K.Australia Post

Thanks Lei,

It's definitely odd not to see that on the tracking. Also, the return address on the parcel is in Victoria and the shipping information has been submitted to us in Melbourne at the Mount Waverley Business Hub.

If it was being posted from Sydney though, delivery to your location would be expected tomorrow or Monday. If you don't receive it by then and there still aren't any tracking updates, please ask your sender to contact us.

Jason
Jasonasked

Hello,
Receiver .Parcel R460808003427195 showing as delivered 15/6. 2.51pm . Parcel not received.
Not found. Was home at the time. Not in post box or in safe space.
Thanks,J

Cat P.Australia Post

Hey Jason,

I'm sorry to hear this. We'll need to get an investigation started, so please give us a call on 13 13 18 or reach out on Facebook or Twitter.

- Cat

Damon T.
Damon T.asked
Domestic Parcel Post (Standard)

I have a parcel that's been stuck on "in transit" for a couple days now that just got updated to "waiting to be processed for delivery. Does this mean that it's no longer stuck in transit, or is it an automated response to being delayed?
2AP2873425

Howard
Howard

Can't help you Damon, sorry. Try waiting for it.

Alice F.Australia Post

Hi Damon,

I can see why you'd be confused! Looking at the scans we have it looks like the parcel arrived at the delivery centre on Tuesday, so should have gone out for delivery yesterday. While it will likely go out today, we can open an investigation with the delivery centre to confirm this if you want. Just send us the parcel and tracking details via Facebook PM or give us a call on 13 13 18.

Alice

See all Australia Post Domestic Parcel Post (Standard) questions

Get an answer from our members and Australia Post representatives

Australia Post Domestic Parcel Post (Standard)

Zoom2u