Australia Post Domestic Parcel Post (Standard)

Australia Post Domestic Parcel Post (Standard)

1.1

Craig W

Craig WSouthwest, VIC

What a Joke

Purchased a replacement pair of prescription glasses online thinking it would be the quickest option, a week after they were posted still don’t have them , it is a 2.5 hr return trip driving from Dandenong to Geelong ! Not left in a safe place as they were supposed to be on the 17th and no card for collection, next day the 18th a card turns up for collecting at local LPO, not there ! Mean time seems they have been all round Geelong over the last 2 days, regardless of the fact I have spoken to Aus Post and they marked them urgent no contact from anyone ! Oh and still no idea when they will arrive !

Jamie

JamieMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Registered post without updates

I find it increasingly frustrating that within the last month, one item was lost, another item was almost 2 weeks overdue and now a third item has been delayed and hasn’t received any updates since being posted. Tracking updates should be a 24hr occurrence, otherwise what is the purpose of tracking if you don’t recieve any updates?

4.9

Disappointing...again!

Ben
Ben

Hi Priscila,

The tracking number is 34AGH340223401000938200. I appreciate the information, but it still seems ridiculous for a domestic parcel to take 2 weeks to reach it's destination. Anyway, I know you're just doing your part, so thank you.

Hi Ben,

I can see it was delivered today! I am sorry for the long wait and do hope your future parcels arrive much sooner than this.

gail kPerth, WA

Tracking unreliable

Please explain to me how this supposed tracking works? I posted a registered (tracking/signature) large letter to NSW on 3rd November from Perth, its showing as being still at the Post Office where it was lodged with a delivery date today (10th November), how does that work? Also, another one, recipient in Perth, tracking still showing that it's on it's way, and I know that it has been delivered? It's frustrating and no wonder that we have no faith in our own postal delivery service and it should be completely overhauled.

Sender or ReceiverSender
Mr P.

Mr P.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Ridiculous delays for years. Plain incompetent

You can’t blame covid on the fact that you’re crap. You’ve been ridiculously slow for years now. I’ve bought stuff from the us and its been quicker than stuff shipped in Australia with you morons. Why has my parcel been sorting i. Western Australia for 6 days?? Why did my parcel spend a whole week waiting to be delivered when it could have been done within 3 days? Plain freaking incompetent. Their tracking is useless and 50% of the time delayed or inaccurate.

Big E.

Big E.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

How bad has Australia Post got too!!

Sent a small registered parcel to Geelong from Melbourne CBD. After a week I have been notified it will take 11 days for delivery....What 11 days for a small parcel to 65km down the road....are you serious. Soo sad Australia Post.

Clarky

ClarkyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

A package from one suburb to the next, still hasn't arrived a week and a half later

Australia Post is hopeless. Ordered products in Vermont to go to my address in Nunawading, 5km. Looked at the tracking has been to Somerton, then to Chirnside Park still not even close to be delivered. I am contacting the Smart water shop and am refusing to do business with them anymore if they use Australia Post

Hi Clarky,

Sorry to hear it's come to this but I understand where you're coming from, shouldn't be this difficult to receive a parcel. What's the tracking number?

We'll Deliver It When We Feel Like It!

BillMelbourne

There is a major problem with Aust post

Ordered several items from Sydney. Waited almost 3 weeks, Auspost advised of delays, lodged an online support request, no response for 2 days and item suddenly arrives. Postie advised Austpost expected covid would reduce demand and reassigned heaps of posties from delivery to logistics. Now parcel volumes are up 60% and they don't have staff!! They claim they are putting on 4000 extra staff, but if you check their HR site, there is no evidence of this... Please get over the spin and sort out your business!! PS my wife has 5 items overdue by weeks also, despite having tracking details.

Bill

All have been added to your internal follow up forms, but they don't respond...

Another R.

Another R.Perth, WA

Absolutely Ridiculous!

ordered a Halloween costume during the last week of September. Arrived 4 days AFTER Halloween. It took you just over a month to deliver an item from one side of Australia to the other.

Delivery Arrived in Good ConditionYes

Unacceptable delivery delays

After waiting 3 months for a parcel. Australia post advised they had my parcel and would deliver it by the 02nd November. After multiple attempts to track the parcel which appeared not to progress, I have today been advised there are further delays and the parcel should be delivered by 16 November. Australia post are a disgrace. Every business has had to adapt to Covid to provide a good service. Unfortunately Australia Post has not stepped up.

FrancoisBrisbane

What has happened at Auspost

Ordered equipment online from Victoria. Was picked up on 15/10/2020 from supplier and only reached me ( in Brisbane) on 28/10/2020. Response to enquiry was simply - we are very busy. Other deliveries I have had recently were quick. It seems the ball has been dropped. For this delivery I would have liked to score ZERO.

Delivery Arrived in Good ConditionYes
Francois

Hi. I dont think I would like to use auspost again to be honest. Thanks for your comments

Absolutely useless

A letter posted from Sydney CBD to Alexandria on the 22 Oct has still not been received 6 days later . Postal service is still blaming Covid for such an appalling domestic service and state up to 10 days for a local letter delivery. Australia Post is nothing short of a joke!

Andy

AndyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

3 weeks for 20kms

Long Delays to travel 20 kilometers not sure why
when ordered it said estimated 2-3 days been 3 weeks
will not be buying from anyone using Aust post again
How can Amazon deliver same day for cheaper

4.3
4.2
Ashley S.

Ashley S.Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

A courier business couldn’t be any worse

Australia Post is a disgrace. They want to blame slow deliveries on covid-19. But it’s been around for 8 months now and they have not improved their processes. Their communication is so poor, their parcel tracking is non existent.

They might brag that they have repurposed 16 facilities and employed an extra 600 staff. They must be so poorly managed that it had made no impact on delivery times.

Online retailers would benefit from having alternate delivery providers. Because I’d pick anything over AusPost.

Hi Ashley,

It's actually 4000 staff were hiring for Christmas! Sorry didn't mean to brag, but I actually want to help. Can you please share the tracking number with me? We're doing everything we can to get on top of these crazy times.

Unknown

Unknown

Disappointed and shocking

I totally understand the delay due to covid and I feel like they’re just making excuses I bought something from QLD and the company uses sendle service and it took them only 3 days to get here during covid and it’s not even express same with other services slight delays but not as much as aus post my item has been sitting at the Melbourne warehouse for over 2 weeks? If you are busy please hire more people.. create more jobs stop making excuses.. are post services are being hit by covid too but they’re able to make their customers happy by hiring more people and work harder meanwhile aus post is just out here making excuses..

10 days to deliver a small parcel a half hour car drive

Small parcel Posted Ipswich going to Mount Cotton and half hour drive by car. Was posted Wednesday arrived the following Friday!! Next time I will use a courier.
Will never use Australia Post again!!
How much was the CEO’s bonus?????
Go figure they have one job to do, pick up and deliver mail and parcels and they do it so poorly!!
Remember the good old days when post a letter or small parcel posted by 6pm and guaranteed delivery next day??? What happened??

Sender or ReceiverSender

Hi Priscilla,
Thank you for your response, I do feel these delays are not just recent.....
I have found an alternative Australian Company and now will use them from now on.

waste time and money I would not recommend to anyone

the package from sydney to adelaide did't come, I'm waiting 4 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
never again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I sent a parcel to Europe that did not arrive after 4 months
waste time and money I would not recommend to anyone!!!!

Oddie

Aust post wonder why they're losing money?

XW3501069001000935104

Priscila L.Australia Post

It would be quicker for a camel to deliver my parcel than wait for Australia Post to deliver

Shipping TypeInternational

Coleen K.

Coleen K.asked

Domestic Parcel Post (Standard)

Hi there. I have post coming today suppose tobe and its still says its coming today its already 20:49
Can you please track it 2GLZ01981465

Hi Coleen,

I can see you spoke to someone today about this and they assisted you. If you require any further assistance please let me know!

This page is monitored Monday - Friday and if you require an update sooner we recommend speaking to our Social Media Team on Facebook & Twitter that are available 24/7. Alternatively you can call us on 13 7678 (Mon - Fri) or live chat with someone - https://auspost.com.au/help-and-support

Kelila W.

Kelila W.asked

Domestic Parcel Post (Standard)

Hi I’ve ordered something from pinkenba qld and it’s been sitting in eagle farm qld for the last couple of days not moving? Eagle farm is only a 30 minute drive from where this parcel is meant to be delivered. So I don’t understand why it’s just been sitting there in transit?

Tracking number GTA255395501000930805

Hi Kelila,

I'm sorry to hear that you're still waiting for this one even though it seems to be close to you. Your parcel is still on its way to you and we expected it to arrive today but there are still no scans since it was sent on the 16th and we estimate up to three business days so it should have arrived by now but it could just be caught up in a delay. I recommend allowing until Monday and if the scans don't update we can start an investigation for you.

I hope you have a lovely weekend,

Michael B.asked

Domestic Parcel Post (Standard)

I have a parcel that has been sitting with status "Its being prepared" since the 21st of October.
What does "Its being prepared" even mean?
I lodged a query on the 5th of November. No reply.
I lodged another query on the 12th of November, which was summarily cancelled. Still no reply.
Tracking number is: 33YVL033399201000931507
Australia Post service has turned to crap lately.

Ruby S.
Ruby S.

I have the same problem

Hi Michael,

Being prepared just means that your sender has created the shipping label and emailed us the details to register the tracking number in our system. We'd generally expect to see that they've posted it within about 24-48 hours after that however given it's been so long, I'd recommend getting in touch with your sender to find out what's going on.

My guess is that they're actually shipping this from overseas with a different carrier who then lodge the parcel with us for the domestic delivery. It's a pretty common method used by online retailers and your parcel is probably just taking it's time to get over to Australia given the current global circumstances. This would definitely explain why the tracking indicates we're still waiting for it to be posted with us.

Your sender will be able to follow up with whichever logistics company they are using to ship this to you and make sure there are no other issues preventing it from getting lodged with us.

Hi Casey K.
You guys need more meaningful status codes. "Its being prepared" tells us nothing useful. It would better to have a status that reflects the true situation. I've checked with the people at the other end. The package is in Australia and has been for a week. Apparently its gone through Import Customs Clearance and is stuck in a Destination Hub. No idea what that means. Yet, nothing has been updated in your Tracking???

Get an answer from our members and Australia Post representatives