Australia Post Domestic Parcel Post (Standard)

Australia Post Domestic Parcel Post (Standard) (page 3 of 8)

1.1

Useless tracking and takes FOREVER:-(

As a receiver of a parcel with $2k of cycling gear, I expected it might take a bit longer to get from Gold Coast To Adelaide. But it took 3 1/2 Weeks, with only tracking that it was received. Lodged a customer enquiry only to have a single call over next 14 days to say “we are trying to locate it”. Still no further contact.

Then it showed up, with water damage on box, but their tracking still shows it “somewhere “ !!!

Roasty

RoastyBrisbane

Getting worse every day

WSingletonSydney Surrounds, NSW

Small parcel Sydney to Melbourne

Sent parcel Sydney to Melbourne didn’t arrive after over 2 weeks. I could have got it sent from overseas Faster and cheaper. This is not the first time. Once it took 3 weeks to get a parcel from country NSW to Sydney.

WSingleton

The parcel arrived after 16 working days. From North Ryde post office in metropolitan Sydney to a Melbourne suburb.
In my opinion this is pitiful considering Australia Post is our national postal service.

Cliff

CliffGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Still waiting.

I know there are delays on delivery because of covid 19, but to take three weeks for a parcel to be delivered from Melbourne to Melbourne is just ridiculous and very unprofessional, but you can't and shouldn't expect more from Australia post.. God we need another postal service in Australia..

Misaki T.

Misaki T.Perth, WA

NEVER DELIVERS WHEN IM HOME AND INCAPABLE IF USING INTERCOM

I swear to god, honestly, I am 100% sure they monitor your house to see when youre not home. I've not left my house in 3 weeks and the only time I did was for 2 hrs to go to uni classes and they decide to try deliver it then. it had been "onboard for delivery" for 4 days. Now I have to go to the middle of nowhere to pick up a parcel these people are incompetent in delivering. not to mention they never ring the intercom when I have been home even though I TAPED INSTRUCTIONS ON INTERCOM USE BECAUSE THESE PEOPLE ARE TOO LAZY AND THEN COMPLETELY IGNORE IT ONLY TO PUT THE DELIVERY NOTE IN THE LETTER BOX THE INSTRUCTIONS ARE TAPED TO. It'd be quicker to fly to America and get the myself since I have to pick it up anyway.

Michael M.Australia Post
Dc_SYD

Dc_SYDSydney, NSW

Lost Items, Slow Response & No Location Record for Delivery

The delivery address I provided is my registered parcel locker. However, my parcel has been delivered to a wrong place and physically signed by someone. I contacted customer service, but the representative could not even provide any location records for the delivery. That is ridiculous.

Troy Lethlean .

Troy Lethlean .South East Queensland, QLD

Great pricing on Australia-wide satchels... regular damaged or missing products and late delivery!!

We have loved the change to flat rate 5kg satchels, however has a spate of missing satchels (wrong address), stolen (from the post office), damaged satchels (broken products), and terrible service to rectify the issues, and inconsistency with how the damaged goods were financially remunerated (retail price vs wholesale). Not clear policies or procedures, nothing in writing

Dave

Dave

Australia post you’ve done it again - very bad customer service where all my lost parcels that’s very unprofessional.

Delivering my Parcels to the wrong addresses and after all the frustration and disappointment I had , I’ve got only your answer was sorry you couldn’t retrieve them every time you fail to to the right thing to refund my full cost of the lost parcels what a shame.

annazianna

annaziannaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Expensive lost parcels

Prismpantacon

Prismpantacon

They somehow got worse.

I'm not even mad anymore, it's impressive how one of the most inept organisations in the world can find the time and energy to double down on offering even worse, spottier and lazier service than ever before.

Just the absolute worst

Slow pickups, slow deliveries, bad tracking, negligent packing handling and the rest.

Want to wait 4 days to have something delivered less than 5km? Don't you worry, Auspost has got your back!

ShaiSouth East Queensland, QLD

Below standard service

Australia Post has been on a decline for years, twice have had parcels clearly stating 'do not bend' crammed into a letterbox & destroyed. Complained & now cannot get anything delivered at all.

Get messages saying attempt made to deliver when I was at home all day & there wasn't any sight of a delivery service or pay for items to be delivered only to be told I have an item waiting at the post office.

If I can find a way to use any other service I will, otherwise I won't buy.

Michael M.Australia Post

Hi Shai, I'm so sorry we've let you down consistently. It's not a great representation of our service goals, and I'm glad you've reported the multiple issues you've had so we can help improve that for you.

Janice

JaniceSouth West, WA

Delivery Very Slow

Article posted on May 1st - delivered 280 kms away on the 18th May. Tracking update originally stated delivery would be between 4th - 7th May then updated to "delayed " then a message stating delayed post is usually delivered between 1 - 3 business days after original estimated time of delivery. Posted in an Australia Post "tough bag" and arrived with a rip in it.

JHS

JHSSydney

Thieves. Damaged or stolen. Hideous.

Thieves. Bought an item from ebay. Received a sealed plastic with completely ruined envelope with no item in sight. Even ordinary mail in an envelop wouldn't get disfigured like that. They probably want the sender to pay an overpriced packaging. They think they deserve to destroy 'cheaply' packaged parcel. Moreover, where are the Google reviews of Australia Post?

Peeved off julie

Peeved off julie

Non mothers day

My mum's are still waiting for the cards posted on the 5th it's now 17th May. I actually decided against express post for the very reason that the po worker said he couldn't guarantee express delivery why make australia post rich spoil mothers day MUCH.

Damon T.

Damon T.asked

Domestic Parcel Post (Standard)

I have a parcel that's been stuck on "in transit" for a couple days now that just got updated to "waiting to be processed for delivery. Does this mean that it's no longer stuck in transit, or is it an automated response to being delayed?
2AP2873425

Howard
Howard

Can't help you Damon, sorry. Try waiting for it.

Alice F.Australia Post

Hi Damon,

I can see why you'd be confused! Looking at the scans we have it looks like the parcel arrived at the delivery centre on Tuesday, so should have gone out for delivery yesterday. While it will likely go out today, we can open an investigation with the delivery centre to confirm this if you want. Just send us the parcel and tracking details via Facebook PM or give us a call on 13 13 18.

Alice

Adelle

Adelleasked

Hello,
Had No tracking updates since 31st #R539102003103093
Will tracking be updated soon?
Thank you.

Hi Adelle,

Yes, this looks to be coming across to Victoria from WA. We'll see a tracking event once it does reach a facility in Victoria. Parcel's typically take around a week or so to make the journey across so a tracking update may be likely over the weekend or early next week. Please allow a little additional time at the moment though as the lockdown may be affecting some transport and processing in and out of Melbourne.

doug m.asked

Domestic Parcel Post (Standard)

Hi I ordered a parcel through e bay that was received by Australia Post at 9:12 am on the 16th and the tracking has not updated once since, not even to say that it’s ‘On its way’ my tracking number is R433631013269887006120906

Hey Doug,

We'd definitely expect further tracking updates well by now. Please let the ebay seller know this hasn't arrived so that they can chase this up with us for you.

doug m.

Yeah, the seller wasn’t much help, just telling me that it would arrive by Tuesday but without any tracking updates I’m worried

Casey K.Australia Post

Looks like it's out for delivery today Doug :)

Sorry to hear the seller wasn't too helpful but glad you notified them as this would have allowed for further dispute resolution through eBay were you not to receive the delivery. Glad to see that isn't necessary though and that the parcel is out to you today.

-Casey

See all Australia Post Domestic Parcel Post (Standard) questions

Get an answer from our members and Australia Post representatives

Australia Post Domestic Parcel Post (Standard)

Other Couriers