Australia Post Domestic Parcel Post (Standard)

Australia Post Domestic Parcel Post (Standard)

mamaluchka47Sydney, NSW

Are the postal delivery personnel the laziest bunch or what? Fully supported by Australia Post!

I have complained about the issue of not getting parcels (large and small) delivered to my door countless times! I am mostly home, so that excuse won't work! So have others, in my circle of acquaintance!

It means that us oldies especially, have to turn up at our post office and cart around at times heavy parcels because the lazy postal delivery personnel can't be bothered to deliver the parcels to our door!

Do I (we) ever hear back from Australia Post? Never! It is just ignored and the practice continues unabated! An absolute shocker as far as service to the public is concerned!

UPDATE: Surprise surprise! My parcel today was delivered to my front door! Will this continue, though?

Shipping TypeInternational
Qamar

Qamar

Extremely disappointed

Had couple of my parcel delivery delayed for days and the postman simply dropped a ticket to collect from post office rather than ringing the door bell. Why would you bother to show up in the door steps and not deliver the item, it's beyond me.

BobSydney, NSW

AustPost are faking customer signature signed by themselves

In the past month, we had several high valued deliveries and all required signatures. We were waiting at home and sticked note on the door asking to knock the door or using door chime for deliveries. But Austpost postman had simply dropped all parcels at our carport without knocking the door for signature. We could only know parcels had been delivered after received tracking notification.
It looks like that Austpost is encouraging their staff to illegally fake customer signature regardless I had complained to this issue.

Love Australia Post

I have never had an issue with Australia Post. Our post man (yes, he is a man) is excellent, he goes out of his way to deliver parcels in a safe place and places items in a plastic bag when it's raining. I can't understand why so many people have so many negative things to say. I just received a parcel on Wednesday in WA sent from VIC on Monday and Tuesday was a public holiday. Outstanding work!

Kirsty

Hi Casey, the most recent tracking number is 33UP80100181. I hope you can find the details and let the postie know. Thanks :) Kirsty

Priscila L.Australia Post

Just for privacy reasons, if you can send us your full name, email, and phone in a private message we can pass feedback on for you :)

One star because I can't give zero

The last two parcels I have had sent to me have shown up on tracking as awaiting collection at Wilton GPO. But both times I have never gotten a pick up slip in my mailbox. This have never been a problem before Has the contractor in the area changed. If so it seems they are not doing their job. Both times the parcel was at the GPO so why didn't I get a slip in my mailbox, the box has a lock so it cannot of been stolen. The drivers/contractors around here are not even trying to deliver my stuff. Don't blame COVID-19 for delays or other errors this virus has been around for over a year now and business is booming for all delivery companies. Spend some of the profits on providing the service the customers are paying for.

Wilton 2571

Ariel

ArielMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

High cost, super slow delivery

Firstly, waiting 13 days for a parcel sending from VIC to SA ( ridiculous!). Secondly, I’ve been home all day to receive the parcel but the delivery guy just left a collection card without knocking the door. I have to walk to post office collect it myself after4:30pm. Informed this issue to local post office, the lady said : nothing I could do, I’m just a post office officer. (Of course, what can you do?) How could you guys increase postage/ delivery costs every year but unable to provide the basic service?! Disappointed!

mallymuff

mallymuffMelbourne, Vic

Satisfied

I ordered an item from Queensland on 4 January and received it standard post 11 January in good condition. The deliverer was very courteous and friendly, so even though it took 6-7 days I've no complaints. I waited until after the Christmas peak before I ordered.

K N H.

K N H.Sydney, NSW

Very reliable service

Our family has been ordering more online since last year. They always leave the parcel at a safe place and in good condition. No other delivery company has matched their delilvery service on domestic parcel.

Priscila L.Australia Post

Thanks so much for the positive review :) it means a lot to us.

VeronikaCanberra 2600, ACT

Honestly never any issues

Hi Veronika,

Thanks so much for your positive review, it means a lot to us! I hope your dog is doing okay and I'll be happy to track the supplements for you if you can share the tracking number with me?

Veronika

She’s up and down, I’m hoping the shark cartilage powder and bone broth powder help, I got 50g of both to test if she can handle it and how she does on it before committing to larger amounts. Sent you the tracking via the other send message function.

Ruth

Ruth

Always been amazing!!

I just want to say how helpful Auspost has always been with my packages. I order multiple packages to be delivered to my house each month through Auspost and they always provide me with estimated delivery dates. They’re never late to deliver and things turn up in perfect condition. Not to mention sending me text reminders when things are arriving the morning of. I just ordered a mattress and the courier chosen by the company was Aramex. They won’t provide me with any information on my package and don’t even have a contact number I can call to discuss the estimated delivery date of my mattress. I’m so thankful that Auspost has always been so helpful to me and I will only stick with them or Startrack from now on!

Priscila L.Australia Post

Thanks so much for your positive review, it really helps us! :)

It's 5 coz the local delivery guy

Using Auspost I've noticed an online purchase will arrive faster comparative to individual customer parcel post. Depending who you buy through will help determine delivery speed. I found Amazon fastest, then eBay and small business about on par. Muchos respectos for the local driver in my area, he kills it.

ness

nessSydney, NSW

Late shopping ALL arrived before Christmas!

Did some very last minute shopping on Sunday - estimated arrival 31 December or next year due to high volume of online shopping - most arrived today and one more item coming tomorrow - fantastic service considering Christmas and COVID 19.

Hi ness,

That's amazing to hear! Hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas :)

Sharon

Sharon

Best Christmas shopping ever

On Sunday 13th December I ordered my Christmas shopping online. All of my parcels (6 in total) arrived within 6 days. I had fantastic service including my local post office

Priscila L.Australia Post

Thanks so much for your review Sharon :) hope you have an amazing Christmas!

Michael B.Wide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Disgraceful Service

3.5
Dave5871

Dave5871Sydney, NSW

Faster to walk

My last parcel took exactly 186 hours (just over a week) to travel 36km within metro Sydney.
Thats an average parcel speed of 0.2kph.... Walking speed is 4.0kph
The tracking system is useless. it gives no estimated delivery date worse it now gives no idea what city or even what state the parcel is located during the delivery cycle.
Overall terrible service, no wonder so many businesses use courier services these days.

barney

barney

Very good service esp now

I want to say ive had my parcles delivered much earlier than before co vid and thats standard parcle delivery, I also want to give a huge shout out to all the posties out there thank u u r doing a great job .

Sender or ReceiverSender
Priscila L.Australia Post

Thanks so much for your review, it really helps keep our spirits up during the busy festive season. I'm glad your parcel arrived so quickly and hope your futures one do too :)

BillMelbourne

Terrible and careless

Just received a tennis racquet yesterday. Thank goodness my wife was there when the delivery guy arrived. He was just about to throw the tennis racquet into the house like a newspaper when she explained we have a gate!!! He wasn't in uniform so suspect he was some form of contractor. Incompetent and rude. Shame on Aust post. We deserve better.

Hi Bill,

I recommend sending me a private message with the details requested and remove your comment as this is a public forum.

How do I dm you?

RonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Can not believe companies still use them

Parcel missing

I have always appreciated Australia Post because they are usually on time and postman are friendly.

However, this time I read my tracked item and it stated 'delivered today' but I did not receive the parcel at all today. I checked the photo of the parcel being delivered in front of a house. However, it is not my house at all. I have submitted an enquiry about it and I hope it gets solved.

Has anyone had this experience? Or has their missing parcel been eventually returned to them?

UPDATE: I received my parcel today. I think the postie or someone returned it to the right address. I am happy to report that Australia Post tried their best to retrace the parcel.

Delivery TimeNever Arrived

You guys do a good job

Always on time or quicker than expected through the Cambridge TAS facility, the local postie is always friendly as well.

Even during the pandemic, standard post has taken 3-7 days (even had something delivered on a Sunday which i didn't realise was a thing) and express was less than 24 hours in multiple cases.

I also recently called you for for a query re: international order and you helped very quickly.

I appreciate your hard work.

Will Beaumont

Will Beaumontasked

Domestic Parcel Post (Standard)

Hi I ordered an item off ebay coming from Beecroft, NSW to Buderim, QLD and it was ordered 21st February, 2021 and posted to me on the 23rd February, 2021. It was expected on Monday and it is now Wednesday. I got an update saying it was delayed - being processed for delivery and wanted to know how long it would take to be delivered. Here's the tracking number: R268162021157001

Andy h

Andy hasked

Domestic Parcel Post (Standard)

Hi I was just wondering if my two parcels with the tracking number are here yet please, as I have paid good money for them.

RC606273613DE
RC221958265IT

rowcliffe5

rowcliffe5asked

Domestic Parcel Post (Standard)

I live in Karratha Western Australia, my parcel was picked up from sender in Sydney on10/2, Most recent update, on my parcel tracking ''Delayed – waiting to be processed for delivery'', what does that mean? This is the first time I have seen that message, on my post tracking. Karratha residents have been complaining for the past 12 months, about how long it takes to receive parcels, with Aus post, it has gone from 1 to 2 weeks at the most, to approx. 4 to 5 weeks, if you are lucky. And the my post tracking appears to be useless now, used to be able to track a parcel quite well, now it basically just shows picked up from courier, in transit, and when it is ready at post office to collect, or has gone out for delivery to residence, besides the messages that constantly appear to say delivery delays. There appears to be plenty of excuses from Aus post, but no resolution?

Hi Rowcliffe,

I'm sorry to hear that parcels to you have been taking so long. The most recent update you see on your parcel means your parcel is delayed in our network, so sorry that it means the parcel is not needed anymore and I do hope it arrives soon! Can you please share the tracking numbers with me? Our timeframes are an estimation only and we do try our best to meet it but events can occur beyond our control that can cause delays.

Get an answer from our members and Australia Post representatives