Australia Post Domestic Parcel Post (Standard)

Item is shipped from Melbourne but it needs to be sent to Queensland to be processed and sent back

Biggest joke of a service. My item was purchased online, the warehouse is 30 mins from my place. AusPost send it to Queensland, I assume because they don't care about the environment to then process it for 1 day and send it back down to Melbourne. Absolute disgrace.

Hi Mike,

This sounds very frustrating and a complete waste of time. Can you please share the tracking number with me? Sometimes we may have to send your parcel to another sorting facility if one has reached capacity, this helps avoid backlogs.

Mike Valencia
Mike Valencia

Ariel

ArielMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

High cost, super slow delivery

Firstly, waiting 13 days for a parcel sending from VIC to SA ( ridiculous!). Secondly, I’ve been home all day to receive the parcel but the delivery guy just left a collection card without knocking the door. I have to walk to post office collect it myself after4:30pm. Informed this issue to local post office, the lady said : nothing I could do, I’m just a post office officer. (Of course, what can you do?) How could you guys increase postage/ delivery costs every year but unable to provide the basic service?! Disappointed!

BillMelbourne

Terrible and careless

Just received a tennis racquet yesterday. Thank goodness my wife was there when the delivery guy arrived. He was just about to throw the tennis racquet into the house like a newspaper when she explained we have a gate!!! He wasn't in uniform so suspect he was some form of contractor. Incompetent and rude. Shame on Aust post. We deserve better.

Hi Bill,

I recommend sending me a private message with the details requested and remove your comment as this is a public forum.

How do I dm you?

RonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Can not believe companies still use them

MickSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Left the parcel On the step

Little Parcelbox delivery.
The postie/delivery person couldn't be bothered to walk up stairs to the leave it by the front door instead left it on the 2nd step IN PLAIN SITE!!!!

Reply to PM Sent

nifco44

nifco44Sydney, NSW

Terrible in every aspect

Reduced deliveries from daily to 3 times per week. When I was young it was 11 times per week, what we have now is a third world system but the upper managment is getting massive bonuses, what a joke!

trompfy

trompfyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Late deliveries

I ordered a couple of Maxwell & Williams White Basic Soho Rim Dinner Sets, Stanley Rogers Acacia Black Knife Block 6 Piece Set Stainless Steel, Stanley Rogers Cambridge 30pc Cutlery Set and Stanley Rogers Albany 8pc Steak Knife Set Stainless Steel but it was delayed and they all came late so I wasn't happy.

SamGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Never deliver to the door

On numerous occasions, the status have shown "Attempted delivery but not one in attendance" when that is completely untrue!!!! Everytime, I have to go and collect it from the post office.

Sam

Sorry Ibne. It was my fault. I found out that our bell to the Unit is not ringing properly.

Believeyoume

BelieveyoumeDarling Downs, QLD

Unprofessional...

1st parcel i bought was worth 250$ and was left in the dirt in my front yard about 3 feet from the road after saying ill be home to sign for it.
2nd parcel was worth 90$ that was given to my neighbour who lives beside me which he later gave to me that day.
My 3rd parcel is valued at 30$, its been 10 days since order approved and no updates or anything. Called the courier and the sender (target) who were both really rude and could not tell me when my parcel is coming. Have since sent in a complaint through the ombudsmen.

Peter Anderson

Peter AndersonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not very good

I recieved a message saying package was out for delivery but it didn't arrive untill next day this has happened to me multiple times now. According to the tracking it took took longer from Brisbane to Sunshine Coast than what it did from Melbourne to Brisbane it was also later than the estimate I had been given this has happened multiple times.

ReviewingReviewsSouth East Queensland, QLD

Sloooooooooooooooow

Is it just me or is all Australia Post deliveries slower than ever these days? From parcels to letters, it all takes a really long time. It takes over a week for something to get from Sydney to Brisbane. It’s ridiculous, I feel like delivery times used to be faster.

David MGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Pay for Home Delivery- But you pick up from Post Office!!

I pay for home delivery but never get parcels delivered to home. I have tried MULTIPLE times to get parcel delivered home. I just see a card saying no one was home and pick it up from the local post office (LPO). I have recently stayed home the whole day and waited for an important parcel and found that the post man just dropped a card along with the other mail to pick up my parcel. Aus Post is fraudulently charging home delivery but the parcels are dropped off at the LPO & the individual needs to pick it up. Use another courier company if possible.

David M

Its a new seperate home with large door numbers on a msin road. No issue with access. I receive parcels from other delivery/ courier companies.... Just not Australia Post deliveries. I also live in an inner suburb in Melbourne.

MrsThriftySouth East Queensland, QLD

Their motto is "We deliver". I say, yeah, when you feel like it!

Emily

EmilyMelbourne

Poor services

How can that be possible every time I specify ‘Do not leave the parcel unattended when noone’s home, send it to the post office ‘ and they always do the opposite. They just leave it in front of the house no matter how crazy the weather is. What’s the point asking for special requirement if you never take care of it? Besides some delivery guys were really rude and they didn’t even confirm the receivers’ name. Poor services. And very uncompetitive pricing.

4.2
3.5

Getting Updates to receiving parcel! Poor service! Recommend use another service!!

Will email saying your Item is coming tomorrow.Tomorrow comes then receive a email say delayed delivery It is now the following day.This has become a regular thing with them and is a JOKE!

Sami M.Australia Post
caspymisty
caspymisty

Yes it would be great to see them get it right! If it was only once then ok but 6 Items that I have brought in a row, NO sorry It's not except able.

Kamel

KamelSydney, NSW

Horrible

The mail man keeps leaving me a card for my parcels I keep complaining online the problem gets fixed for a while and there we go again my building has an intercom 5m away from the postman's bike in his line of sight yet he prefers to be lazy and leave me a card he did it more than 30 times and Australia Post just simply won't care.

Australia P.Australia Post

Jasonasked

Hello,
Need update on parcel EBA02113272901008320900.
No scanning 1 week since posting via letter box.
Thanks,J

Destination 4122

Hey Jason,

Looks like it's out for delivery today :)

I can see it was posted in WA which explains why there wasn't a scan for such a long period of time as the parcel needed to make it to a facility in QLD.

Posting at a post office rather than in a street box will ensure a parcel receives a lodgement scan but whenever posting in a box, make sure to allow enough time for it to reach a facility close to it's destination. You can check current estimated delivery times here:

Jasonasked

Hello,
Need update for Parcel R637183032518961 to 2747. Transferred from Chullora NSW to Redbank Qld????
Thanks,J

Alice F.Australia Post

Hi Jason,

I'm not sure why R637183032518961 ended up detouring via Qld since it does seem to be going to 2747. The sorters in Brissy will have picked up on the discrepancy when they sorted it on Monday, so going by our current delivery time frames between Qld and NSW, I'd expect delivery on Monday.

Alice

jenp

jenpasked

Domestic Parcel Post (Standard)

I was expecting a delivery on Friday 30/04, my parcel said it was onboard for delivery but I never received it. Now it is showi g as 'delayed'. What has happened? My tracking number is XB35001450

Alice F.Australia Post

Hi Jenp,

I can see why you'd be worried! If your parcel was showing "onboard for delivery" last week it should have been delivered that day.

As it hasn't been, please fill in this form here https://tinyurl.com/3wd6ds7x so we can investigate with the driver for you.

Alice