Listing monitored by Australia Post

Postie left we missed you card

Whenever I order stuff online, I always deliver to a parcel locker because it seems I always miss my delivery.

Today, I ordered something that wouldn't accept a parcel locker. I left a note I am working from home today, expecting another courier to pick something up, and I caught the postie stealthy trying to leave a we missed you card - didn't ring the doorbell, didn't knock. He sheepishly gave me my parcel.

Debbie
DebbieGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very disappointed, yet again.

Jet
Jet

Personally haven't had any problems

Haven't had any problems really with Australia Post, all my packages come on time and my local delivery driver is always very nice and handles my packages with great care :)

But once I did have an important letter I was sending to a PO Box at Collins St get sent to a post office in South Yarra and it added an extra 3 days in transit before I got to where it needed to go

Excellent service

(Apart from the occasional hiccup) I find Australia Post to be highly efficient. My online orders usually arrive quickly - sometimes astoundingly quickly. My postman and the courier driver are friendly and helpful.

Bob p
Bob pSouthwest, VIC

Excellent service & timely delivery

Parcels arrived before expected time in good condition. Notification system was excellent and provided all info needed - especially the arrival date so I could respond to and be prepared to accept it.

jeannine w.
jeannine w.Sydney, NSW

The best delivery person ever. 5 star!

The delivery man Rod went over and beyond delivering my parcel. I did not hear his knocking on the door, and he even called me 2 times, but to save me going to the post office to pick up my delivery he came back a third time so that I received my parcel today. I live on the third floor and on a lot of occasions deliveries are left at the bottom of the stairs. Rod is fantastic! He has delivered a few parcels to me and he has always got a smile on his face and a kind word to say. He is an asset to Australia Post! Go, Rod!

Lin C.
Lin C.

Star postie.She is awesome.

She always used my name when bringing my mail to my door.Always happy friendly.At times like this it helps to have this lady deliver.Thank you.Im sorry I didn't ask her name.

Nate
NateThe Mallee, VIC

Absolutely useless

Several times you have delivered my mail/post to my neighbours house, like if you read the parcel it clearly has my address not the neighbours so seriously you guys absolutely useless can’t even deliver stuff and it’s supposed to be your job to do it, like if you messed up once or twice I can understand that but this is happening nearly every time.

Abysmal, so slow.

Looking online I can see that thousands of people are dissatisfied with the postal service. This is meant to be an essential service, but it might as well not exist.

Diedre N.
Diedre N.South East Queensland, QLD

Why do I redirect

Parcels always delivered when not at home. I redirect as they can be stolen in my area no safe place to leave them. Why do I even bother. Maybe time to get a po box

Carinya
CarinyaSydney, NSW

Parcels thrown over the fence to the ground

The items are always delivered when they say its going to be delivered. However, even if I am home, the parcels are always left near my doorstep (not on my doorstep). The last item that was delivered was thrown over the fence (this was witness by the electrician who was working outside my place). The box was damage, thank goodness, the item inside was not damaged. I would have been very upset if it was. From previous reviews, it appears there is not a lot of care taken with the delivery of parcels. There must be a standard for delivery of parcels so that parcels are in good condition.

Winnie
Winnie

Delivery guys never attempt to deliver to apartments

I live in an apartment. Someone is home most of the time. Yet if the parcel doesn't fit our letter box, it gets taken straight to the post office for collection. It is a serious problem, especially when I order items that are quite bulky. For an old lady, dragging the item home is a considerable challenge. Our post office is quite small. Staff there complain about that too because they keep running out of room.

SiRock
SiRock

They work hard

Australia Post guys have been working extra hard in recent years with all the lockdowns and stuff. Not every member is equally useful and polite but overall they managed to carry out the duties with dignity. Shame my international shipping was a different story but again - COVID

Isabel Findlay
Isabel FindlayGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

always bring my parcels early

great job. I always get my parcels 1 week earlier than they are supposed to arrive. I personally get great service. Even when my parcel is coming from a different country its still arrives early. Hands down amazing.

Bella
BellaGippsland, VIC

Great Service

Due to Online buying I have numerous parcels delivered on a regular basis. In all the years of my dealings I have only had one parcel go astray. When my regular Australia Post Driver returned from holiday he soon tracked, and found my missing article. The Driver is very polite and professional. Even my dog enjoys his visits! I always receive notice of when a parcel will arrive, plus notice of when it has been delivered.
During these extenuating times it is reassuring to know that Australia Post does its utmost to ensure speedy delivery. Job well done!