Listing monitored by Australia Post

Tracking updates are meaningless nonsense

Small parcel from Sydney to Bendigo;
Spent days at Sydney depot, then tracking advised me 6 days ago
‘Received by Australia Post for transportation to processing facility‘ in Adelaide!
What in heavens name does that actually mean anyway???
Since then, NOTHING!
Why send a package for Bendigo to South Australia?
I recently received a package from England to Bendigo in 5 days, with DHL so it can be done!

Delivery TimeLate
Chris
Chris
MJHenderson
MJHendersonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Usually On time

I recently sent a parcel to my Grand daughter in Melbourne. As it was during a lock down period I expected some delay, but thought 5 days would be sufficient as it used to take just 4. The parcel did arrive and was delivered on a Sunday but it took 7 days to get there. It seems to take additional days to get from one major city to another and with tracking I could see the parcel had arrived at the handling center but for some reason took 2 days to travel 15 klm to my son's home. As Australia Post are an Essential service I would have thought there would be more consistent delivery times.

Delivery TimeLate

Melissa
Melissa

Online shopping deliveries

Postal delivery service had sunk to an all time low in Australia in the past few years but having recently bought a few things on line I must say that even despite Covid circulating they came in a very timely manner when I thought they would takeaway longer. Let’s hope this continues!

Dave
DaveSoutheast, SA

Receiving and Sending parcels great service.

Receiving parcels, I always get an SMS/email keeping me informed and the driver is always courteous.
Sending parcels, purchase labels online and then the drop them off at my local post office or in a post box.
Parcels always arrive on time and in good condition.

Delivery TimeEarly

Discostu75
Discostu75Sydney, NSW

A tough gig during tough times

Sold items through ebay/gumtree are arriving to my buyers quickly and without delay. I have only received positive feedback for buyers experience. Well done to the team at Australia Post.

1000chefs
1000chefs

Very good delivery service

Very good delivery service from start to finish with tracking numbers and estamit delivery times and dates for approximate time of drop off or other pick up location to nearest post office.

Zak
ZakGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

LOVING the (window) time frame of when my parcel will be delivered!!

I’m a regular user of Australia Post and have to say how much more CONVENIENT it has been since Australia Post have started informing me (of a window time frame eg. arriving today between 10-12pm) when my parcel arrives! I can organise my day with more confidence and make sure I’m home at those times. I had 2 parcels delivered today, both at different times and given a time frame for delivery for both…loving it!!

Daniel G
Daniel GMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Prices poor, delivery and notification great.

OZ Post are getting pricey. It's becoming a case of allowing competition to creep in just based on their escalating prices. Mismanagement or a money grab?
Fortunately their delivery and communication/tracking makes it somewhat forgivable as they've never lost something (for me) and their notifications are great.

Adam
Adam

Variable but overall quality is good

I've had my share of issues with Australia Post (hence the only 4 stars), and perhaps it is just there area I am in now, but the service has been consistently good for a while. Whether it is sending documents around Australia or the multitude of deliveries, I consistently find items arrive quickly and reliably and their app is fantastic. The most recent one was no exception.

mallymuff
mallymuffMelbourne, Vic

Satisfied

I ordered an item from Queensland on 4 January and received it standard post 11 January in good condition. The deliverer was very courteous and friendly, so even though it took 6-7 days I've no complaints. I waited until after the Christmas peak before I ordered.

Parcel missing

I have always appreciated Australia Post because they are usually on time and postman are friendly.

However, this time I read my tracked item and it stated 'delivered today' but I did not receive the parcel at all today. I checked the photo of the parcel being delivered in front of a house. However, it is not my house at all. I have submitted an enquiry about it and I hope it gets solved.

Has anyone had this experience? Or has their missing parcel been eventually returned to them?

UPDATE: I received my parcel today. I think the postie or someone returned it to the right address. I am happy to report that Australia Post tried their best to retrace the parcel.

Delivery TimeNever Arrived

Kim
KimVictoria

Great postys

Thumbs up for the postys there great polite helpful pity there management didnt stop mucking them around good on the on rd postys keep up the good work...stop changing our postys management get a grip

Priscila L.Australia Post

I love my postie! They do so much and deserve more recognition!

Warren
WarrenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good work Australia Post

During this Covid Crisis especially in Melbourne.... I have a large parcel/box delivered in 4days from Vic to Sunshine Coast Qld. No complaints here...Very Happy indeed and service was professional

Delivery TimeEarly

Thanks Warren :)

Elizabeth Jan B.
Elizabeth Jan B.

Can't live without it.

All my mail is delivered in good condition. My sent parcels have all arrived on time and in good condition. I have no complaints. I have been using Australia Post for 60 plus years.

Thanks Elizabeth :)

manisle
manisleFar North Queensland, QLD

surprise performance

Normally don't have a lot of time for Australia Post, however when they get something right they should be acknowledged, in my case during the Corona virus they have performed well above my expectations. Parcels have arrived in good condition and on time or before time except for one parcel that came from an offshore island. So congratulations for stepping up to the plate!!

Thanks :)

Candice S.
Candice S.asked
Domestic Parcel Post (Standard)

Could someone please shed some light on what it means by delayed- waiting to be processed for delivery
The contents of this package is what keeps food on the table for my kids.

Mikesnewcar
Mikesnewcar

From what I figured out from multiple late packages (some still in the Auspost network), It is a system things,. The system will flag it as delayed once the due date passes, and I assume (if Auspost was doing their job) some one would look at these reports, and sort it out, but currently it does not mean anything. Sorry cant help anymore than this. Try logging a online enquiries, but I dont think anyone is looking at these until the package +15days late, and the best I got last time was the package was scanned again, and sit in their network again. Best of luck!

Jason
Jasonasked

Hello,
Need update for parcel to 3737. Tracking R616497025370928.
Thanks,J

MaxK

Lodge an enquiry with them. This is unacceptable.

Mat
Matasked
Domestic Parcel Post (Standard)

Still waiting for aparcel to be deliverd it has now been 200 days overdue tracking is lg835546500gb but now says its pending what is going on .thanks mat

MaxK

I reckon they have lost it. It is taking way too long to investigate. Perhaps, customs have seized it, but you should have received some correspondence from them either advising you of this or providing you with a form to dispute the seizure.

24 Mar 2021 18:58
Customer enquiry lodged
Australia Post
This is the final status. Carrier doesn't provide further tracking updates.

07 Mar 2021 13:24
Arrived awaiting clearance (Inbound) MELBOURNE VIC
07 Mar 2021 03:54
Item Received. Your item has been received at MELBOURNE, Australia. More information will be available as it travels through the network MELBOURNE, Australia
Royal Mail