Australia Post Travel Insurance - International Comprehensive Plan

Australia Post Travel Insurance - International Comprehensive Plan

Single Trip, Annual Multi-Trip

• Type of Claim
    • Travel Delays/Cancellations (2)
    • Medical (2)
    • Lost/Stolen Property (1)
  • Claim Resolution Time3+ months (3) · 2-4 weeks (2) · 1-2 weeks (1) · <1 week (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (4) · No (3)
  • Incentivised Review Yes (0%) · No (100%)

Jenny MomirovskaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Never use this company

Post office travel insurance have caused me nothing but stress. I was diagnosed with cancer 4 days before I was due to travel. I sent in all the appropriate information regarding the diagnosis. The company has sent a form to my doctor asking for my full medical history. Surely me sending the results of my tests along with pictures confirming the diagnosis would be enough to say that i was unaware that i was sick when I took out the policy. My trip was booked for the end of September and I have still not been reimbursed and don't know when I will. Never again post office travel insurance.

Insurance Cover For:Adult
DestinationSouth-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Type of ClaimTravel Delays/Cancellations
Claim DateOctober 2019
Priscila L.Australia Post

So sorry about this Jenny, have you been in touch with them recently to find out what's going on?

Libby

LibbyMid North Coast, NSW

Exceeded our expectations

Having planned our overseas trip over 12 mths ago, we had very unexpected news only 5 days into our trip! My husbands father had passed away suddenly. We had to return home, leaving two thirds of our trip uncompleted. We submitted our claim through our travel agent & we received a full refund for the unused portion of our trip. Australia Post Travel Ins kept us well informed as to where our claim was up to & settled our claim quite swiftly. We have used them a couple of times now & would not hesitate to recommend them. Thank you Australia Post Travel Insurance

Insurance Cover For:Adult
DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii)
Type of ClaimTravel Delays/Cancellations
Priscila L.Australia Post

Thanks so much for sharing Libby!!

Priscila :)

Nannie RNorth Queensland, QLD

Exceeded our expectations

Insurance Cover For:Senior
DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea)
Type of ClaimMedical
Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateNovember 2019
Priscila L.Australia Post

Thanks so much for taking the time to share this with us. I'm so glad it was such an easy process and please do tell your friends and family!

Nannie R

Absolutely Priscila. We will be singing your praises from the rooftops.

Steve Y - ExArmy

Steve Y - ExArmyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Fantastic - Easy to Obtain before Travelling, Easy to Claim and Claim Processed Quickly

Highly Recommend - Great Value
The policy was easy to obtain online before travelling overseas.
It was very easy to submit a claim online upon my return and the claim was processed quickly.

Insurance Cover For:Adult
DestinationNew Zealand, North America (inc. Hawaii) and Pacific Islands (e.g. Fiji, Vanuatu)
Type of ClaimMedical
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateOctober 2019
Priscila L.Australia Post

Thanks for your review Steve, it means a lot :)

Ivan

IvanSouth East Queensland, QLD

The Australia Post multi had no insolvency cover . beware Claim suited to Cover more . Excess $250 instead of $100.

Yes at first it was easy. Deceptive. Claim sent to Cover more . No info to me. Double excess . Paid half claim.cannot contact them. I have gone to the Ombudsman now.

DestinationEurope
Insurance TypeMulti-Trip
Type of ClaimLost/Stolen Property
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks

Grandma

GrandmaWestern District, VIC

Great Service - A Complete Surprise

Insurance Cover For:Senior
DestinationSouth-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks

austpost

austpostMurray Region, NSW

Misrepresentation australia post are not a travel insurance company

I purchased this insurance from auspost travel insurance because of their reputation little did I know I would be shunted of to a company like 'covermore".
I gave my medical details to someone purporting to be from auspost I paid my money to someone purporting to be from auspost but when I had a claim where were auspost nowhere to be seen I was to my shock and horror dealing with covermore. A Company in the news for all the wrong reasons and I would suggest struggling for business having to trap customers under the auspost banner
Never again with aus post for anything and absolutely never covermore.
So beware just make sure who you are dealing with

DestinationEurope
Insurance TypeMulti-Trip

Eleni C.

Eleni C.Albany

I will be using them again!!

I booked Australia Post Travel Insurance for my trip to Cambodia, however whilst I was over there I got very sick. Australia Post was very helpful and understanding, telling me exactly which hospital to go to and exactly what I needed to tell the doctors when I arrived as it was my first time being sick overseas by myself. Australia Post sorted everything out with the hospital and rang me several times both in hospital and once I arrived back in Australia to ensure I was okay. I'm really grateful to them and especially to the phone staff!!! I would highly recommend Australia Post Travel Insurance.

My word of Advice is to make sure you read the fine print or ring them up to so you know exactly what you're covered for!

Heart attack in Italy

Choosing this product was the best decision I have made this year. Other insurers did not wish to accept my custom being over 65. The policy was easy to set up and when required the staff were fantastic, especially the medical team.

Diana T

Diana TMelbourne

First Rate Customer Service

Only days before our month long trip to Europe I became ill and very disappointingly, was unable to travel. Australia Post's Travel Insurers Customer Support team were easy to contact and were consistently professional and helpful. My claim was processed in a timely and fuss-free manner despite trouble from a recalcitrant and unprofessional travel agent, which the customer support team quickly and efficiently resolved. I would highly recommend Australia Post travel insurance - great value and service.

Australia P.Australia Post

Thanks so much for sharing your experience Diana. Despite your illness I'm glad to hear about this and that it was easily solved for you.

Roxy

Kar28

Kar28Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great service!

Have used Aust Post travel insurance for many years now. Have always found them to be very competitive in price and very easy to apply and set up online. They have excellent customer support and making a claim has been problem free. Would highly recommend.

Thanks for sharing! :)

Roxy

Lost property never got paid for

Worst travel insurer ever, lost my $2500 camera, and nothing got done, just a money making scheme, can come up with million excuses not to pay out, asked for documents to show me to that my house is a public place, nothing provided, infact no contacts back from aus post. Some one stole my camera from my room and auspost said i was careless for leaving my camera in my room at my home which was friken on charge, how silly. Got police report, did all run around for nothing.

AJ

AJ

Disastrous!

Insurance claim madeNo

Perfect Travel Insurance

Whilst overseas I was encountered a life threatening medical problem and consequently had to contact Australia Post travel insurance who where able to send me to a Private Hospital for treatment. They were able to rebooked my return flights back to Australia. I was very impressed with the professionalism and availability being on different time zones. I would to thank the staff for all the great help they provided; and assurances they given in my difficult time. Will definitely use then again.

Australia P.Australia Post

If you have an honest claim, they are amazing!

I have had comprehensive insurance for a year. Unfortunately I had two incidents so had to claim insurance twice. Both times they received the claim, processed it and the money was back in my account within the week! They understood things like Tigerair being no help with providing documentation too. Will stick with Auspost travel insurance from now on.

Absolutely Shocking Medical Assistance

Australia P.Australia Post

Says they do claims for natural disasters including ash clouds, but only if you've bought your insur

nmarks

nmarksAU

Incredible Service

I was in Indonesia and was bashed and robbed of my wallet and mobile phone. But had severe head trauma, broken eye socket and nose and considerable bleeding. I was placed in a coma and woke up in the Royal Perth Hospital. Insurance organised and covered evacuation and then home to Adelaide. The nurse consultant was in constant contact with my sister. Initially Aust Post even offered to fly my sister to Indonesia to accompany me. Can't recommend them highly enough.

See all Australia Post Travel Insurance reviews