Australia Post Travel Insurance - International Comprehensive Plan (Single Trip)

Bribie 3

Bribie 3South East Queensland, QLD

Very eficient and very helpful

We have insured with Australia Post previously but this was our first experience in making a claim. The staff were very helpful, with Registered Nures telephoning us on two occasions while my wife was receiving medical assistance during our Thailand trip. They provided guidance and advice to ensure my wife was fit to travel s well as advice to ensure we had necessary reports to support our claim for medical expenses.
We could not have asked for more helpful advice. Our claim was settled very quickly once we submitted the supporting documentation upon our return.

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateFebruary 2020

Peace of Mind Travel Insurance

Policy was very good value for money and I listed pre existing conditions in original application.
A migraine on our cruise on a US ship cost us more than our cruise. Travel insurance paid out our costs. Will use them again,

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks

Jenny MomirovskaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Never use this company

Post office travel insurance have caused me nothing but stress. I was diagnosed with cancer 4 days before I was due to travel. I sent in all the appropriate information regarding the diagnosis. The company has sent a form to my doctor asking for my full medical history. Surely me sending the results of my tests along with pictures confirming the diagnosis would be enough to say that i was unaware that i was sick when I took out the policy. My trip was booked for the end of September and I have still not been reimbursed and don't know when I will. Never again post office travel insurance.

Type of ClaimTravel Delays/Cancellations
Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateOctober 2019
Claim ApprovedNo
Priscila L.Australia Post

So sorry about this Jenny, have you been in touch with them recently to find out what's going on?

Libby

LibbyMid North Coast, NSW

Exceeded our expectations

Having planned our overseas trip over 12 mths ago, we had very unexpected news only 5 days into our trip! My husbands father had passed away suddenly. We had to return home, leaving two thirds of our trip uncompleted. We submitted our claim through our travel agent & we received a full refund for the unused portion of our trip. Australia Post Travel Ins kept us well informed as to where our claim was up to & settled our claim quite swiftly. We have used them a couple of times now & would not hesitate to recommend them. Thank you Australia Post Travel Insurance

DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii)
Type of ClaimTravel Delays/Cancellations
Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateSeptember 2019
Priscila L.Australia Post

Thanks so much for sharing Libby!!

Priscila :)

Nannie RNorth Queensland, QLD

Exceeded our expectations

DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea)
Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateNovember 2019
Priscila L.Australia Post

Thanks so much for taking the time to share this with us. I'm so glad it was such an easy process and please do tell your friends and family!

Nannie R

Absolutely Priscila. We will be singing your praises from the rooftops.

Steve Y - ExArmy

Steve Y - ExArmyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Fantastic - Easy to Obtain before Travelling, Easy to Claim and Claim Processed Quickly

Highly Recommend - Great Value
The policy was easy to obtain online before travelling overseas.
It was very easy to submit a claim online upon my return and the claim was processed quickly.

DestinationNew Zealand, North America (inc. Hawaii) and Pacific Islands (e.g. Fiji, Vanuatu)
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateOctober 2019
Priscila L.Australia Post

Thanks for your review Steve, it means a lot :)

Grandma

GrandmaWestern District, VIC

Great Service - A Complete Surprise

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateSeptember 2019

Heart attack in Italy

Choosing this product was the best decision I have made this year. Other insurers did not wish to accept my custom being over 65. The policy was easy to set up and when required the staff were fantastic, especially the medical team.

Kar28

Kar28Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great service!

Have used Aust Post travel insurance for many years now. Have always found them to be very competitive in price and very easy to apply and set up online. They have excellent customer support and making a claim has been problem free. Would highly recommend.

Thanks for sharing! :)

Roxy

Lost property never got paid for

Worst travel insurer ever, lost my $2500 camera, and nothing got done, just a money making scheme, can come up with million excuses not to pay out, asked for documents to show me to that my house is a public place, nothing provided, infact no contacts back from aus post. Some one stole my camera from my room and auspost said i was careless for leaving my camera in my room at my home which was friken on charge, how silly. Got police report, did all run around for nothing.

Perfect Travel Insurance

Whilst overseas I was encountered a life threatening medical problem and consequently had to contact Australia Post travel insurance who where able to send me to a Private Hospital for treatment. They were able to rebooked my return flights back to Australia. I was very impressed with the professionalism and availability being on different time zones. I would to thank the staff for all the great help they provided; and assurances they given in my difficult time. Will definitely use then again.

Australia P.Australia Post

Says they do claims for natural disasters including ash clouds, but only if you've bought your insur

See all Australia Post Travel Insurance reviews