Australia Post Travel Insurance

• Type of Claim
    • Medical (13)
    • Travel Delays/Cancellations (4)
    • Lost/Stolen Property (3)
    • Car/Rental Hire Excess (1)
    • Personal Liability (1)
  • Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks (7) · <1 week (6) · 2-4 weeks (5) · 3+ months (4) · 1-2 months (2)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (16) · No (4)
  • Incentivised Review Yes (0%) · No (100%)

jennifer

jenniferHunter Region, NSW

good value for money

good value-and just a phone call to set up, and they sent a reminder when our yearly policy was up
Submitted claim on 25 Feb and received payment on 19 March

Claim DateFebruary 2019

Steve Pope

Steve PopeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

The Insurance Company to Use

it seems strange Praising an Insurance Company, But there you go.

Unbelievable service, being stuck in Bali they helped me all through the process

Prompt acknowledgment of all correspondence, And extremely fast Payment.

Great Work Aussie Post.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks

Hey Steve,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us about your experience. It sucks to hear you were stuck in Bali but it's great to hear we were able to help out and make thinks easy for you.

Elisha

ElishaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great Travel Insurance

Very happy with the service and great value for money. Lodged my claim and was approved the very next day and then had the money in my account the next. Will definitely use again.

Insurance Cover For:Adult
DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii)
Type of ClaimLost/Stolen Property
Claire M

Claire MGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Professional, quick & value for money

The policy was good value and extremely easy to set up. When contacting the service, I found them to be quick, professional and great follow-up. Definitely would use them again.

Richard

RichardPerth, WA

No fussed claims.

Lost my prescription lens along the waves of Bali, I filed for a police report and attached my purchased receipts on the items. I've read the PDS first before initiating any claims, that way we wouldn't be disappointed if our claim isn't validated.

Type of ClaimLost/Stolen Property
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateFebruary 2019

Margaret

MargaretSouth East Queensland, QLD

No issues or hassles

Had unexpected accident while on my cruise. Had my claim approved with no issues or hassles and within the 10 days they stated. Will definitely will use them in the future, easy online method, especially since my injury made partially immobile. Great value for money.

DestinationAustralia

raf

rafSydney Surrounds, NSW

When I needed them, they were there

It is hard to rate an insurance, until you use it. Well, I went overseas, ended up with a big medical bill. I came back and got refund as soon as I filled in the simple form, and provided the reasonable evidence they asked me to provide. Very positive experience

Claim DateJune 2018

Terrible. Do not buy Aust post travel Insurance

I used Aust Post travel insurance November 2018. My flight was delayed due to "Operational requirement" .
I paid for my over night accommodation and Aust post travel insurance refused to pay it. I will Never use Aust post travel insurance again.

Ang
Ang

I have forwarded all information

Perfect.

First time user, could not believe how easy is was to claim and how quickly the claim was approved and paid in full.
Will be using Australia Post again on my next trip for sure.
Thank you.

Australia P.Australia Post

Great service, quick to reply, very helpful.

We have used Australia Post Travel insurance 5 times for our worldwide travels, always been very helpful over the phone and explained everything so an old codger like me can easily understand what we are entitled too, unfortunately have had to make a claim and found the process very easy and quick, the people in the office are very helpful and put your mind at ease, we will be travelling in the future and will not hesitate to use them again.

George L
George L

Much appreciated Sami, have a great Xmas and New Year.

Eleni C.

Eleni C.Albany

I will be using them again!!

I booked Australia Post Travel Insurance for my trip to Cambodia, however whilst I was over there I got very sick. Australia Post was very helpful and understanding, telling me exactly which hospital to go to and exactly what I needed to tell the doctors when I arrived as it was my first time being sick overseas by myself. Australia Post sorted everything out with the hospital and rang me several times both in hospital and once I arrived back in Australia to ensure I was okay. I'm really grateful to them and especially to the phone staff!!! I would highly recommend Australia Post Travel Insurance.

My word of Advice is to make sure you read the fine print or ring them up to so you know exactly what you're covered for!

Travel Insurance

This is the first time I have used Australia Post Insurance. I had to make a claim and found them efficient, friendly and very helpful.

Pat S

Pat SSouth East Queensland, QLD

Brilliant Customer Service

This was the second time we have used Australia Post Travel Insurance and the first time we needed to make a claim.

The claims process was very easy and settled within 10 working days, brilliant service no time delays and a big thank you to Aust Post. We will definitely use them again.

Thank you so much.

Barry S

Corbin.MSouth East Queensland, QLD

Dishonest quote

Was given 2 quotes when calling 2 different occasions. There was a 70 dollar difference on the same policy. I called to disscuss this issue and couldnt even speak to someone about the terrible customer service.

Insurance claim madeNo
Corbin.M

I did request to speak to a manager. Was told it wasnt possible!

Rod

RodChinchilla

do not use this insurance

Paid for a policy on line to cover a cruise up the Australian coast .Found in the fine print the policy did not cover a cruise .
Rang 3 times to cancel the policy ,told to wait to the next day rang spoke to seven different operators some in the Philippines .I was just passed around , repeated the policy number many many times ,some very rude operators ,the call was for nearly 50 minutes before the policy was cancelled .
Will never use again

Insurance claim madeNo

Cant fault them

Used oz post several times now. Just Had my first ever claim and cant fault them from first reporting my accident while over seas to finallizing claim back home. thank you oz post for your guidence while over seas and the support back home. Thank you again.

Lorraine

LorraineSydney

Recommend this travel insurance for a'll Australians

'Brilliant insurance,found paperwork very easy to complete,they assessed it quickly and after a slight hickup our insurance assesser Edd, who needs a pay rise for his patients and professional approach to helping out a couple of senior citizens brought our claim to a very satisfactory conclusion. Thankyou again Edd and Australia Post. 2nd time clients

retnuhb

retnuhb

Travel insurance

The worst customer service

The worst customer service ever! Tried to call for a few days in a row (different time a day) but after 45’’ just gave up! Looks like there no consultants there at all or one who is on leave. When you are after quotation or new policy they pick up the phone in no time, if its claim - forget it :(( Very disappointed, will switch to the other insurer.

Very good

Very good customer service , easy to used , I will recommend to all people to use Australia post insurance wherever u travel

See all Australia Post Travel Insurance reviews

Athol J Easked

Insurance for 13 day cruise to New Zealand

Insurance for 13 day cruise to new zealand

Ivan
Ivan

Do not use Australia Post. No Customer service at all after sale. Go directly to Cover More as they hold their policies anyway! We use our credit card insurance ( activate) and add cruise cover and any additional medical . Works out cheaper and very good service

Steve Y - ExArmy
Steve Y - ExArmy

Hey, I had no problems with them, and I made a successful claim ($1,497) which only took 5 days to be paid out. I recommend them.

Penny D.

Penny D.asked

I had to cancel a travel insurance with you & couldn't get a refund from you - what I would like to know is that now that I am able to go on my cruise is it possible to have that unused policy transferred to my new travel date
Kind regards Robert

Priscila L.Australia Post

Hi Penny,

Please reach out to our team on 1300 728 015 so they can help you with your question :)

Priscila

jeff townsend

jeff townsendasked

travelling overseas in September want to know if helicopter flights, one in Iceland, one Grand Canyon USA or covered under policy or do I need to take out extra cover. jeff townsend

Robert Gardiner
Robert Gardiner

I'm not sure about that Jeff as we didn't do any helicopter flights and I didn't pay attention to that. There were policy add-ons for various higher risk activities but I don't recall helicopter flights being one of them. The info will be in the PDS though and you can probably download that from the website.

Priscila L.Australia Post

Hi Jeff, just replied to your other question :)

Priscila