Australia Post Travel Insurance

Margaret

MargaretSouth East Queensland, QLD

No issues or hassles

Had unexpected accident while on my cruise. Had my claim approved with no issues or hassles and within the 10 days they stated. Will definitely will use them in the future, easy online method, especially since my injury made partially immobile. Great value for money.

Insurance Cover For:Adult
DestinationAustralia
Insurance TypeSingle Trip
Claim MadeYes
Type of ClaimMedical
Claim Resolution Time<1 week

raf

rafSydney Surrounds, NSW

When I needed them, they were there

It is hard to rate an insurance, until you use it. Well, I went overseas, ended up with a big medical bill. I came back and got refund as soon as I filled in the simple form, and provided the reasonable evidence they asked me to provide. Very positive experience

Claim MadeYes
Type of ClaimMedical
Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateJune 2018
Claim ApprovedYes

Terrible. Do not buy Aust post travel Insurance

I used Aust Post travel insurance November 2018. My flight was delayed due to "Operational requirement" .
I paid for my over night accommodation and Aust post travel insurance refused to pay it. I will Never use Aust post travel insurance again.

Ang
Ang

I have forwarded all information

Perfect.

First time user, could not believe how easy is was to claim and how quickly the claim was approved and paid in full.
Will be using Australia Post again on my next trip for sure.
Thank you.

Australia P.Australia Post

Great service, quick to reply, very helpful.

We have used Australia Post Travel insurance 5 times for our worldwide travels, always been very helpful over the phone and explained everything so an old codger like me can easily understand what we are entitled too, unfortunately have had to make a claim and found the process very easy and quick, the people in the office are very helpful and put your mind at ease, we will be travelling in the future and will not hesitate to use them again.

George L
George L

Much appreciated Sami, have a great Xmas and New Year.

Eleni C.

Eleni C.Albany

I will be using them again!!

I booked Australia Post Travel Insurance for my trip to Cambodia, however whilst I was over there I got very sick. Australia Post was very helpful and understanding, telling me exactly which hospital to go to and exactly what I needed to tell the doctors when I arrived as it was my first time being sick overseas by myself. Australia Post sorted everything out with the hospital and rang me several times both in hospital and once I arrived back in Australia to ensure I was okay. I'm really grateful to them and especially to the phone staff!!! I would highly recommend Australia Post Travel Insurance.

My word of Advice is to make sure you read the fine print or ring them up to so you know exactly what you're covered for!

Travel Insurance

This is the first time I have used Australia Post Insurance. I had to make a claim and found them efficient, friendly and very helpful.

Pat S

Pat SSouth East Queensland, QLD

Brilliant Customer Service

This was the second time we have used Australia Post Travel Insurance and the first time we needed to make a claim.

The claims process was very easy and settled within 10 working days, brilliant service no time delays and a big thank you to Aust Post. We will definitely use them again.

Thank you so much.

Barry S

Corbin.MSouth East Queensland, QLD

Dishonest quote

Was given 2 quotes when calling 2 different occasions. There was a 70 dollar difference on the same policy. I called to disscuss this issue and couldnt even speak to someone about the terrible customer service.

Insurance claim madeNo
Corbin.M

I did request to speak to a manager. Was told it wasnt possible!

Rod

RodChinchilla

do not use this insurance

Paid for a policy on line to cover a cruise up the Australian coast .Found in the fine print the policy did not cover a cruise .
Rang 3 times to cancel the policy ,told to wait to the next day rang spoke to seven different operators some in the Philippines .I was just passed around , repeated the policy number many many times ,some very rude operators ,the call was for nearly 50 minutes before the policy was cancelled .
Will never use again

Insurance claim madeNo

Cant fault them

Used oz post several times now. Just Had my first ever claim and cant fault them from first reporting my accident while over seas to finallizing claim back home. thank you oz post for your guidence while over seas and the support back home. Thank you again.

Lorraine

LorraineSydney

Recommend this travel insurance for a'll Australians

'Brilliant insurance,found paperwork very easy to complete,they assessed it quickly and after a slight hickup our insurance assesser Edd, who needs a pay rise for his patients and professional approach to helping out a couple of senior citizens brought our claim to a very satisfactory conclusion. Thankyou again Edd and Australia Post. 2nd time clients

retnuhb

retnuhb

Travel insurance

The worst customer service

The worst customer service ever! Tried to call for a few days in a row (different time a day) but after 45’’ just gave up! Looks like there no consultants there at all or one who is on leave. When you are after quotation or new policy they pick up the phone in no time, if its claim - forget it :(( Very disappointed, will switch to the other insurer.

Very good

Very good customer service , easy to used , I will recommend to all people to use Australia post insurance wherever u travel

No fuss easy to use

Online application form is simple and easy to use. Processing my claim was just as stress free. Would recommend for anyone looking for a robust level of travel insurance.

Lee

LeeMelbourne

Read the fine print

READ THE FINE PRINT !!!
Thought we had cover when we took out Medibank Travel Insurance. We found out the hard way that it was not to be when our flights were cancelled due to weather. The fine print allows for the insurer to only pay for adult travellers even though we had a family policy. I can't understand how our three children were not covered. How do you charge for a family policy, if you don't cover the family. For over $3,000.00 of air fares they acknowledged $500.00 of expenditure. Don't waste your money, get a real policy.

Australia P.Australia Post

very contented with the service

Policy was very good value taking into account our age.Yes very easy.Found them very friendly and efficient would insure with you again.

Duncs

DuncsWA, 6026

Insurance is about claims - not premiums

Geoff

GeoffSurrey Downs

Terrible service when trying to claim - zero stars - never again

Penny D.

Penny D.asked

I had to cancel a travel insurance with you & couldn't get a refund from you - what I would like to know is that now that I am able to go on my cruise is it possible to have that unused policy transferred to my new travel date
Kind regards Robert

Hi Penny,

Please reach out to our team on 1300 728 015 so they can help you with your question :)

jeff townsend

jeff townsendasked

travelling overseas in September want to know if helicopter flights, one in Iceland, one Grand Canyon USA or covered under policy or do I need to take out extra cover. jeff townsend

Robert Gardiner
Robert Gardiner

I'm not sure about that Jeff as we didn't do any helicopter flights and I didn't pay attention to that. There were policy add-ons for various higher risk activities but I don't recall helicopter flights being one of them. The info will be in the PDS though and you can probably download that from the website.

Priscila L.Australia Post

Hi Jeff, just replied to your other question :)

jeff townsend

jeff townsendasked

We already have year long travel insurance and wanted to know for my next trip I am doing two helicopter flights, one Nepal and one USA, Arizona to the Colorado river Grand canyon. Do I need to take extra cover for these flights? OR can I take out extra cover to cover these flights? Jeff Townsend. [details removed] Thanks jeff

Hi Jeff,

Recommend speaking to our Travel Insurance team on 1300 728 015 so they can give you accurate info on this, you can get an online quote here - https://auspost.com.au/travel-insurance

Get an answer from our members and Australia Post representatives

Australia Post Travel Insurance - Domestic Plan (Single Trip)

Australia Post Travel Insurance - Domestic Plan (Single Trip)

No reviews
Australia Post Travel Insurance - Domestic Plan (Annual Multi-Trip)

Australia Post Travel Insurance - Domestic Plan (Annual Multi-Trip)

No reviews
Australia Post Travel Insurance - International Basic Plan (Single Trip)

Australia Post Travel Insurance - International Basic Plan (Single Trip)

1 review
Australia Post Travel Insurance - International Basic Plan (Annual Multi-Trip)

Australia Post Travel Insurance - International Basic Plan (Annual Multi-Trip)

No reviews
Australia Post Travel Insurance - International Comprehensive Plan (Single Trip)

Australia Post Travel Insurance - International Comprehensive Plan (Annual Multi-Trip)

CategoryTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel Insurance
Contact Number 1300 728 0151300 728 0151300 728 0151300 728 0151300 728 0151300 728 015
Email Address auspost@travelinsurancepartners.com.auauspost@travelinsurancepartners.com.auauspost@travelinsurancepartners.com.auauspost@travelinsurancepartners.com.auauspost@travelinsurancepartners.com.auauspost@travelinsurancepartners.com.au
24-Hour Phone Contact NoNoNoNoNoNo
Online Live Chat NoNoNoNoNoNo
UnderwriterZurichZurichZurichZurichZurichZurich
Maximum Age Covered 101 years old101 years old101 years old101 years old101 years old101 years old
Medical Coverage
Overseas Emergency Assistance Not IncludedNot IncludedUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimited
Accidental Death$10,000$10,000$10,000$10,000$25,000$25,000
Emergency DentalNot IncludedNot IncludedUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimited
Pregnancy (max weeks) 24 weeks24 weeks24 weeks24 weeks24 weeks24 weeks
Resumption of Journey Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included$3,000$3,000
Hospital Cash AllowanceNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included$5,000$5,000
Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital ExpensesNot IncludedNot IncludedUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimited
Loss of IncomeNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included$10,000$10,000
Permanent Disability$10,000$10,000$10,000$10,000$25,000$25,000
Luggage & Personal Effects
Theft of Cash Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Delayed Luggage Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included$750$750
Credit Card Fraud$4,000$4,000Not IncludedNot Included$5,000$5,000
Travel Documents / Passport $4,000$4,000Not IncludedNot Included$5,000$5,000
Maximum Single Item Limit $500$500Not IncludedNot Included$3,500$3,500
Luggage & Personal Effects $4,000$4,000Not IncludedNot Included$7,500$7,500
Ancillary
Personal Liability $5,000,000$5,000,000$5,000,000$5,000,000$5,000,000$5,000,000
Rental Vehicle Excess $3,000$3,000Not IncludedNot Included$3,000$3,000
Motorbike / Moped Coverage Included up to 200ccIncluded up to 200ccIncluded up to 200ccIncluded up to 200ccIncluded up to 200ccIncluded up to 200cc
Domestic Pet Care Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Special Activities Packages
GolfNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
CruiseOptional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional Extra
Adventure IncludedIncludedIncludedIncludedIncludedIncluded
Snow / SkiOptional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional Extra