Australia Robotic Automatic Robot Lawn Mower

Australia Robotic Automatic Robot Lawn Mower

I bought L60B, its easy and quiet

I bought L60B, its easy and quiet, I have used for and continuously for 4 months and amazed at the result compared to my old mower. The fact of not having to mark the garden is really very appreciable and the programming of a real simplicity. I highly recommend it to anyone preferring to optimise their time! I would highly recommend it.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

After two months of use, this thing is really doing great.

After two months of use, this thing is really doing great. I have a 1/4-acre lot and this keeps up with that just fine. I have it work 6 hours on most days. I use the multiple zones function to allocate time between front and back. I used pet fence wire to extend the wire that came with it for my bigger lawn and it works great. It goes all the way around my front yard every time it goes to charge. I have the base under my deck. The rain sensor seems accurate enough for me, it does cut when it is lightly raining but heavy rain will send it back. Saves a lot of time mowing :)

Date PurchasedOct 2018

It is very quiet. Easy to program.

I do have plastic boarders around the grass that I have had to cut or alter as it would get stuck trying to come back over the ledge due to the drop. It can get itself out of an area where it might be stuck as it will go at different angles.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Cheaper than a lawn service.

I've been interested by the concept of an robotic lawnmower ever since I saw the concept years ago. However, the price to performance ratio was always an issue, few years, I've relocated from the NT to NSW, and I discovered it was a very different environment mowing your lawn. Trying to maintain my lawn weekly basis during the summer months made me reconsider the idea of purchasing a robot that would perform this task for me. Yes, I briefly considered a lawn service, but at a charge of $60 a visit on a weekly basis, it didn't add up. I now have had the mower for a full season and its been great, highly recommended.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

buyer beware: faulty products & business set up to strip you off consumer rights

Person who runs this "business" gets away with all sorts of crockery through his offshore entity, the Robotic Shop, where he makes it out to look like he is selling official products with manufacturers warranty, however he grey imports faulty items, and does not honour the warranty he provides, making it almost impossible to do anything under the Australian Consumer Rights guarantee.
I was told to send back the new Roomba, which cleans worse then a stick vac cleaner from Kmart, at my own expense, and if the motor is working and the rollers are turning, there's nothing he can do, including providing a replace or a refund.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
[Reviewer's full name removed as this was not provided by Reviewer] has not bought anything from Australia Robotic and has been reported for supplying false documents.I'd also won't recommend buying from this seller as they misuse your personal details, just like they tried to do with mine above, which I provided to them for delivery purpose

I love this mower

As with with most things from China, the early models had there issues, similar like the early Honda or Hyundai, now they are quality cars. The mower is the same, the first model i had was ok, but had issues. This one has made a big step in quality and I can't fault it, highly recommended.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Good mower

The robotic mower does do a nice job in keeping the lawn at a constant height, I seem to have less weeds but I need to wait for spring to be sure. Set up takes some time but is pretty straight forward and once done right the mower saves allot of time.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

My lawn looks great.

If you read enough reviews for these machines, you already understand that the wire boundary setup is key and requires some effort. After doing that, it worked exactly as expected. As it mows I do the edging so it does save allot of time, and keeping the lawn constantly mowed has helped control the weeds.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Saves me so much time

I was paying to have my lawn mowed and it was to expensive, with 2 kids a cat and dog I just did not have time to do it myself. So I was looking for something like my Neato robot vacuum. The robot mower has been great, my lawn has never looked better.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Takes some setup, but worth it in end

The mower does take some setup with the wire, but I knew that before buying and was told that by Australia robotic, pretty much all the mowers require a wire setup, similar to an electric dog fence. After we set up the wire and did some test runs and adjustments, it works fine. I would recommend.

Date PurchasedMay 2015

Great Mower

This mower is fantastic and saves heaps of time. It did take some set up with the perimeter wire. Service an support was good. For my next one I will invest in one of the new ones that does not use the perimeter wire, which should take little set up.

Date PurchasedApr 2015

Chinese Junk and warranty not Honoured, unit can still operate outside boundary

The Australian Robotic Unit is capable of running past boundary and what's worse blades are still operating at full speed and the unit can go anywhere once it has crossed boundary!!!!!!!!. Australia Robotic the company that sells these dangerous Chinese robots in Australia don't honour warranty if this happens... Buyer beware, there are other Real Brands such as Bosch, Husqvarna, John Deere that sell robot mowers and very close pricing in fact the Bosch unit is cheaper.

Date PurchasedApr 2015

Little after sales service

I wish I had read the reviews before buying the lawnmower. It's difficult to install if you have anything other than a single area of square lawn. Little after sales service; when we enquired we were told it would be $75 per hour to cover travel time from the Gold Coast. They could have at least lined up someone in Brisbane to install and service the machines. If you buy this you're on your own or else face a big bill. I note that robot lawn mower retailers in the US install the mower free of charge. [link removed]
Considering how much the robot lawn mower costs, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect some assistance with installation. For any assistance from Australia Robotic, you've got to pay for them to visit you or pay for the shipment of your unit back to the Gold Coast. It's not like you buy something in the local Bunnings and can bring it back if you have a problem.

*There's a good reason Bunnings don't sell automatic lawnmowers (they are too troublesome) and I wish I'd realised that before buying this expensive item from an online retailer.

Date PurchasedSep 2015

Buyer beware

Very disappointed with the quality of this product, or lack of. When contacting Australia Robotic for assistance the man was rude and unhelpful. I was promised a great quality product upon my initial enquiries and what I received was cheap rubbish. I would not recommend this product or this company.

If I could have scored this company a 0 out of 5 I would. One star is too generous.

Hi Hunting Quad. I was looking at the TCG-158 as pictured, is this the model you are talking about? Thanks Dave
G-Day Dave No different its model, but "all" the Chinese models just don't stand up, and simply don't do what they are suppose to, I also had an Italian made robot mower which ran for 4yrs but the Australian dealer shut up shop and I could no longer get parts, I also years ago had a robot Husqvarna it was brilliant, but the price for a good non-chinese model just has become to expensive. In fact I brought a ride-on to replace the robot, the ride-on doesn't keep the lawn constantly trimmed like the robots do, but I expect, in fact I know the ride-on will last a lot more years than any of the robots. PS: I'm not a "Chinese Junk" spruiker, in fact I love my Chinese Quad & Chinese 80lb Bow & Chinese fishing gear for the price you pay they can't be beaten, but its a shame the same can't be said for the robot mowers or robot chinese vacuum cleaners for that matter. Do not buy anything from a queensland company that say they are Australian supplier of Robot mowers and Vacuum cleaners, they offer Australian warranty to get the sale but guess what..... no warranty just lies, ACCC even been involved but all to no avail hope this helps cheersAgree with the poster above - beware of Australia Robotic, the same individual in Qld who also runs an offshore entity "The Robotic Shop". Both of his websites mislead the consumer that he is selling official products with manufacturers warranty, however he grey imports faulty items, and does not honour the warranty he provides, making it almost impossible to have access to Australia's otherwise generous consumer rights. And yes, the ACCC is aware and involved, hoping it's just a matter of time they find their legal way through this shifty setup. I was stupid enough not to check the official iRobot Website for a list of authorised resellers, so ended up buying an iRobot Roomba from him. After (rightfully so) being refused warranty claim from iRobot, due to it cleaning worse then a stick vac cleaner from Kmart, was told by that same guy to send it back at my own expense, and if the motor is working and the rollers are turning, there's nothing he can do, including providing a replace or a refund.