Australian Clinical Labs

Australian Clinical Labs (page 2 of 7)

Unprofessional

Lady taking blood test at Port Adelaide westcare (SA) tried to promote her side business of skin needling. While taking blood test she asked if I had any skin treatments to my face. Thinking she was complementing me on my skin, she continued and asked what I used on my skin. I thought she was about to complement my skin. Then she asked me if I'd ever had skin needling. And she proceeded to explain what it is. Taking some of your blood and spinning it to separate then injecting plasma back under the skin as a beauty treatment. As a nurse myself I realise how unprofessional it is to sell to patients. I will never go back there. You should never use patients as a way to try and make money.

Poor system for sample drop off.

Just had to drop off a sample. Paper work complete. No one at the reception desk. Took a number and then realized I was #8 in a full waiting room. Took the opportunity when a staff member briefly returned to the desk to grab her attention. She did not seem pleased but politely took the sample. Surely when ever a staff member is about to process a client they can ask if anyone is just dropping off a sample. Took 30 seconds to be processed. Potentially could have been waiting for an hour.

It is very convenient to have the Clinical Labs in the building with our GP

Every time I have to use the Lab the Nurse is very friendly and professional
I don't have to wait long for any procedure.
I am a difficult patient because to get blood our of me is not easy, but never get any comlaints

Poor customer service

Had to wait 50 minutes for a blood test and last in line. (There were 3 of us in the waiting room)- 2 pathologists chatting in the reception area with no patients. One was on the phone to a client and was literally abusing the person on the other end. The young pathologist was very rude, and spoke with a horrible tone. 2 of us could hear the entire conversation.
I was so appalled at the lack of respect and will never go back to Drummond st CL again.

Unable to provide invoice for insurance claim

My grandfather had overseas visitor visa and had his pathological tests conducted by Australian Clinical Labs on Apr 23, 2019. We were asked to prepay for the tests and later claim it through insurance. All reports were collected on May 1, 2019, however invoice has not been provided till date. I had followed up with their accounts team who say that there are some tests still pending and invoice shall not be generated until then. Later, I visited the lab where tests were conducted and they confirmed that nothing is pending from our end. Pathologist at the centre contacted their accounts team and informed me that the case has been closed and invoice shall be mailed to my address. Following up with accounts team after 3 days, I still get to know that invoice is not generated yet.

Such a simple request, even after multiple follow-ups is not being looked into. I need to submit my claim with-in the provided threshold period as the overseas visitor health insurance has been cancelled after my grandfather left Australia on May 1, 2019

Terrible customer service from the results enquiry hotline.

I sent an email enquiry to clinical labs asking for a release form so I can obtain a copy of my own results. I then called their hotline and the customer service lady told me I could go to my nearest centre to obtain this release form, she was very polite and helpful.

After calling my nearest clinical labs collection centre they told me that they didn't understand what I was talking about, that they cannot give results and they do not know of any such release form. I sent another email enquiry and didn't hear back so I tried the hotline again. The lady on the phone was nice enough, but it was not pleasant to hear another woman in the background stating my name, saying "oh my god! Is that (my full name) again", "bloody hell she's sent me...emails".

The woman I was speaking to, after telling her that I called my nearest collection centre and that they didn't know of, or have any such form for releasing results and asking if I could get the release form emailed to me, she told me to see my doctor or ask my doctors clinic for a copy. I then told her that I would like to obtain a copy from Clinical labs as I can't get to my doctors any time soon, and how can I do this?? She told me to do the exact same thing again by going into the nearest collection centre. She was very obviously trying to direct me away from obtaining my results through them. No help at all.

I am a pathology collector at one of the major pathology/hospitals in Melbourne and I know that the patient has a right to obtain a copy of their results directly from the pathology, with sufficient proof of identity of course. Very poor service, I have done this before with Dorevitch and Melbourne path without any issues and with good, respectful customer service.

Terrible patient service

Had NIPT Harmony pregnancy test done on 12/4/19 at Clinical Labs in Knox Private Hospital. Rang my GP to see if my result received but no. Rang Clinical Labs 1300 line and was told my name not on their system. I was asked to ring Knox to check but Marlene who answered the phone said that she could not give any details about what happened to my blood sample. I made more than 10 phone calls to clinical labs and directed to various centres but no outcome at all. Totally disgusted and disappointed!!!! Do NOT go to Clinical Labs, it's given me too much stress.

So many mistakes... rude admin staff

Received 5 calls from clinical labs regarding a multitude of things, all while waiting for the results of a harmony test. Lots of doubling up of calls, each time more stressful as the results are very important for me and my husband due to some past problems. The lab then sent the results to the wrong doctor. When I called back they assured me they had now sent them to the correct doctor, again they weren’t received by my obstetrician. The third call back they say they have faxed them to the number I had to provide them (although my obstetrician says they fax them all the time). Still waiting for the results after 3 days of phone calls, each time I ring the staff are really rude. For a test as sensitive as this and for so many mistakes on their part you think they could at the very least be nice to me on the phone. Really stressful!

Waited for 1.15h for blood test

Arrived at 7.30 for blood test. Number 6. Waited for 1.15 for test. A lady came in and knocked on the surgery door. She didn't take a number and wait like the rest of us. The nurse (blood collector) didn't tell her to get a number and wait for her turn. He was speaking with her for 25 minutes with everyone in the waiting room listening to him give instructions of collecting her urine. By the time she walked out it was up to number 12 waiting. Not good enough that the lady was attenender to and we all had to wait with our number. The man said he couldn't be rude to her. I will never return to Nightcliff Darwin collection place.

Lovely Customer Service

I had such a great experience with Australian Clinical Labs (Melbourne CBD). The lady who took my blood was the funniest, sweetest person ever and made me feel very at ease. I then received a text about a bill I hadn't paid for a test that medicare does not cover but as i had moved addresses i never received it, I called the customer service desk and spoke with another lovely lady who made the payment process quick and painless. Very happy with their service :)

Good service, as always @ Ocean Reef Medical Centre

I was texd to do a review on a recent visit for blood tests. Nurse has been at the Centre for some years, very professional, pleasant manner and gentle with taking blood. No problems at all. Good doctors at the Center, would recommend if asked.

Previously , collection always first try.

Usually there has been an Aussie woman there for my quarterly tests. However, yesterday, a young Filipino woman there, No that matters. 4 times tried and still could not fill all the phials. The last time I put up with her jiggling around a bit which always hurts more. However she told me that the the 3rd phial could be shared with the 4th. I usually only have trouble at the hospital with a lot of nurses missing first time and even occasionally a doctor. I have never had to have more than one try at clinicalabs.
During the conversation she told me that she was trained but was trying to earn enough money to get her registration so that she could work in Darwin Public Hospital.

lost blood sample

asked by my doctor to have a blood test, went to Westlakes lab in Adelaide only to discover a week later when i went back to my doctor he did not get any reports.went back to lab only to be told my sample went missing Not HAPPY Jan.

Australian Clinical Lab Lost my Skin Biopsy sample

After 12 days of waiting for my skin biopsy result, Doctor informed me that Australian Clinical Lab lost my Biopsy sample during transportation from Hampstead Health Family Practice, Adelaide , SA on 24th March Sunday 2019.

They lost whole bag containing multiple patients samples. They deny to reveal any information , instead just refer to Doctor to deal with it. It is painful to cut skin and get another sample just because they lost it . Totally irresponsible !

really poor, will never use private hospital with clinicalabs again

We have always prioritized our health cover just in case....any way pay top cover for our health cover and have done for years. first hospital admission in 11 year was for high blood pressure.
the out of pocket was so expensive.
Australian clinicalabs especially so. charging more tan 3 times the actual service fee deemed by medicare for their services.
out of pocket 1000's. been 4 months and still trying to pay it off. Even though i was in private hospital i asked to be sent to bulk billing service. I was assured there would be very little out of pocket. what a load of rubbish
shame clinical labs and st john of God for their misinformation and misdirection i have since discovered they own part of clinicalabs.

these expenses will keep my blood pressure right up.

There is no patient care at the hospital or with the labs we are just $$$$$$

Astronomical Gap Payment

I was a day patient in St John of God Murdoch for a liver biopsy. I asked the specialist to use a pathologist who would either bulk bill or have minimum out of pocket expenses. He was of the impression this would be the case. Being on a full pension I am devasted to say the least. I barely manage private insurance and have been hit by a gap of originally $417.20. Crossed out by pen to $300? With no explanation. I can’t tell you how much anxiety this has caused us. I queried Medicare & Medibank and their payment were in accordance with the schedule fee. Item No. 72830& 73924. I will see the specialist on this Thursday & I will let him know

Bruised right arm after blood test

I was at the pathology in Fairfield Myhealth medical centre on Friday 8 March. This was my fifth blood test this week and was the first time at this pathology. After telling the pathologist that I bruise easily she begins to enter the needle in my right arm without warning and became rough and began to move the needle and talk about how she needed to take a break and hasn’t had coffee while yawning.

My arm is completely bruised. I will provide this feedback to my doctor as well. After five blood tests this is the only one that completely bruised my right arm because of her lack of professionalism and skills. Perhaps she needs to choose another profession that allows her sufficient coffee and lunch breaks or some training on how to treat patients.

Never returning again. Hopefully you pass this feedback on to your employee. I prefer not to hear a response from you.

Received an invoice for the first time ever

I have never had to pay for a blood test by ClinicalLabs or anyone else, but I received an invoice now. I have not checked my bank account for the Medicare payment, but I suspect that I will be out of pocket. What changed?

Thank you for taking the time to send your message, Ash. We can look into this matter further for you. If you could please check your private messages so we can get some additional information from you, that would be great. Kind regards, Clinical Labs

Very happy

The service I received yesterday at Springwood collection centre was first class, a very efficient and capable young lady . I only wish there was a collection point near where I live say Blaxland-- Glenbrook or EmuPlains..

Thank you for your message, Brenda. We love hearing from our patients and always aim to deliver "first class" service. We also have a collection centre in Penrith NSW if this is more convenient for you? You can find details at https://www.clinicallabs.com.au/location/ Hope this helps. Kind regards, Clinical Labs

Pleasant experience!

I regularly have blood taken at Munno Para and have never had a bad experience! The staff are pleasant, professional and efficient. I rarely even have even, and it is all over in a matter of minutes! a bruise come up after having blood taken! :)

Hi Lynn, Thank you for your message and great to hear that you have never had a bad experience! Have a wonderful day. Kind regards, Clinical Labs