Listing monitored by Australian Direct

Brian Thornton
Brian ThorntonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Ridiculous postage

I understand a battery being expensive, but underpants? $23.90 to post 7 pairs, from Sunshine Coast to Brisbane and $10 to post 2stickers. I cancelled the order and am now looking elsewhere. I have also unsubscribed from the emails..

MarkJ

Portable shower not working out of the box?

Product not working and having now spent 7 1/2 hours in travel and trying to get this to work; two phone calls to Bali, only to be asked to submit photos and videos of the problem. Call 07 31234715 and offloaded to Bali call centre! Purchased from Kunda Park Sunshine Coast, yet the call centre cannot put me through to warehouse and warehouse techs. Will not ring!

No GST number on receipt and insufficient information. Quality businesses, would just give you a ticket number to forward it back for warranty. Not here they want you to photograph and video to show its not working?

Craig H.
Craig H.North-West & West coast, TAS

Phone app does not allow to turn on or off each bin when required.

The original app was easy to use and you had the ability to turn on or off each bin if required.
Now you only have the option to run both sides at once without any ability to turn off a side. Sometimes you only want either the larger bin or smaller bin on and to be able to turn off one side to save on battery power.
I realise you can do it on the side panel but even this is a pain in the butt to figure out

Find out how Australian Direct compares to other Camping Shops

Kickass sell great items.

I don't have a lot of money so I save for each item. A few weeks back I bided on ebay and got a camp shower, it pretty much was in new condition for under half the price also bought a bluetooth for mppt charger for $5 on ebay scratch and dent sale and last week I bought off ebay the vacuum sealer. The video said demo and has scratches. It is like brand new and works great. Today I pre ordered the travel oven and over time will buy everything kickass. I love it all. Any freebies welcome in my travel oven order wink wink lol. Kind regards David o'connor.

NQ Camper
NQ CamperFar North Queensland, QLD

Kickass fridge died in the middle of the Simpson Desert

Kickass 120ah battery.

Bought this in a battery box with dc- dc charger.Used it 4 times in winter with my 200w solar charger. On all occasions i had to run my generator to charge the battery which took hours, very anoying.
I even turned off my fridge at nights to save power.
Only other thing i was running was 4 led strip camp lights which were mostly off and my water pump for washing hands and dishes.
The battery would only last me 1.5 days and was half empty meaning i had to charge it.
Sold it with out the dc charger (Good riddance)and bought a 140ah lithium battery in a box and connected my dc charger.
Much more better and can last longer.
I would not by anything but lithium ever again.

Barrie G.
Barrie G.

Disappointing

Absolutely love kickass products and have ordered a few times but this will be my last.
After waiting nearly 2 weeks for delivery the day finally came but the courier company (Tig freight) would not let me track my parcel etc. After waiting all day for nothing. Reading the reviews on this company online I am extremely disappointed that Australian direct would choose such an organisation to service their customers.
Get ya s#it together kickass you'll lose business.

Vlad_BMWCLUTCH
Vlad_BMWCLUTCHSouth East Queensland, QLD

Wasting our time

Ordered an awning. After being told we’d be notified when the product would be ready they left us in the unknown until making contact with them through numerous emails, which the product was there. They told us they’re open on fridays 9am til 3pm. So we drive over an hour from brisbane to Sunshine Coast just to find out they’re closed today despite being told they’re open. I gave them a call and they said ‘sorry it’s a holiday today’ even though there aren’t any today, and told us to come back tomorrow even though they told us it’s closed on saturdays. Thanks for wasting our time and money, will never be coming back here ever again, and will go out of my way to tell people
To avoid this company at all costs

Hi mate,
Unfortunately, we were closed due to the sudden three day lockdown of Brisbane and the Sunshine Coast. I apologise if this caused any inconvenience.

Kind regards,

Happynomad
HappynomadDarling Downs, QLD

Kickass 12v Electric Blanket

Received order quickly. On trying the product found that it only worked on 2 settings not 3. Returned the item. Received a replacement with the same problem. Did not hear from them about the item I had returned and wonder if they simply sent back the item I had originally returned. Could not find a phone number to contact anyone to discuss the issue. Now asking for a refund.

Keith
KeithMid North Coast, NSW

Easy to use and fast delivery

Bought a 8 amp battery charger and it works great. Revived my old AGM battery that was 7 years old and I thought was dead. Delivery was good and quality product.

Catherine G.
Catherine G.South East Queensland, QLD

Works brilliantly.

I got the 12v/240v vaccum sealer. It arrived very quickly, well packaged and included everything it advertised. I simply plug it into my 12v panel in my van, it draws little power and works efficiently and effectively. It's lightweight and easy to pack away in a small cupboard. Love it, tyvm!

Robert
RobertSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Kickass Mini Smart Shower

Arrived 6 days before due date. As described. It works! The water pressure isn't as powerful as on the funny sales video but it's good enough for a camp shower. Instructions don't tell how to remove filter cover.....get your fingernails into the side cracks and pull. Comes off easily then.

Hein
HeinNorth Queensland, QLD

Superfast Service

I ordered two products from Australian Direct and it took 1 day to reach me in Cairns. That is super impressive guys. Thanks for the freebies as well. I will put it to good use. You really kick serious.

Hi Hein,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a fantastic review!

BrianNorth Queensland, QLD

Poor after sales service. No communication.

I bought a 75l dual zone fridge which worked well for approximately 2 years. It then wouldn't stay cold and I contacted Australian Direct for a warranty claim. They were initially very responsive and provided shipping back to the factory. This was 6 weeks ago and I have tried to contact them several times to get an update. There has been zero response after the fact, and none of my emails have been returned. Not good enough, my beers aren't getting any colder.........

Brian

Yes they did, thankyou. It's a shame I had to go to these lengths to get a response. Wait time wasn't the issue, lack of communication was.

Bang D.
Bang D.

Poor communication

Read more reviews - page 2

Wayne L.
Wayne L.asked

I have a kickass charger
Can I charge my deep cycle battery while my fridge is still hooked up to the battery

Wayne L.
Wayne L.asked

I have a kickass charger
Can I charge my deep cycle while my fridge is still hooked up to the battery

Harry D.asked
Australian Direct

I have the DC DC charger.
I seem to always have Intermittent issues.
Current issue is. It will charge off the alternator ok. When the vehicle is off the solar panel should kick in. It recognises the panel with the solar light. The charging light starts blinking then the charger goes into bulk charge for about 2 seconds then the bulk light and the charging light go out.
It keeps repeating this.
If I connect the panel into a PWM controller it charges at 14+ Volts, so I am assuming the panel is not at fault.
Any idea.
Mark

Klaeton S.Australian Direct

Hi Harry, sorry to hear you are having issues with your DC DC charger. You can submit a DCDC support ticket here: https://supportportal.australiandirect.com.au/products/chargers/kickass-dcdc-mppt-solar-battery-charger-12v-24v-25a-pre-wired-anderson/ and one of our technicians will be in contact.

Harry D.

Hi Guys. Thanks for the reply.
I watched the videos you sent and tried found the things sugested.
Because I was having flat battery’s all the time the 2 AGM batteries I had both died.
I lashed out and bought a 120ah lithium battery from a reputable company in Australia thinking the battery’s might have been at fault.
I still have the same issues.
It’s like when you connect the dcdc at first it will work for a while.
Then it gives me all sorts of problems after 10 minuits or so.
I will make a video and send it to you.
Not sure where to send it.
PS. If I connect a PWM charger to the panel and battery it works. If I connect the battery directly to the alternator via a VSR it charges.
It’s not very efficient though.
Thanks Mark Banner.