Australian Direct

Nervous start of ordering equipment.

On numerous occasions after confirming with the kickarse solar gurus the equipment went together as they said it would and are 100% of my expectations. The videos of each component coupled with a phone call made installation simple and I loved the bundled discount incentives. My "Big Lap" trip should be very comfortable.

Hi there! We are glad to hear we eliminated any worries about the functionality of our solar set ups. This is exactly why all customer service staff have continued training across our whole product range. It is extremely valuable feedback for the business that our instructional product videos are useful to customers. We will continue to update and create these. Sincerely looking forward to continued business with you! Please share with us any KickAss featuring pictures or videos while travelling around AustraliaKlaeton your technical staff coupled with your videos were brilliant and made it easy to navigate to a successful outcome for my little Minibago camper. I still have the 240 V fridge to replace when the inverter finally karks it and will be back again for more product. The videos and photographs we intend to record on our journey around Oz will definitely feature your solar equipment and the other goodies we have purchased. Regards CharlieThanks again Charlie! Keen to see what you get up to.

Excellent Product and Service

Hi, just wanted to thank you so much for the excellent service and product with the fridge freezer I bought.
I did a lot of homework before deciding which brand to buy and kept coming back to your KickAss.
It arrived today and I am very impressed with the quality of the product. Everything arrived that was supposed to be in the box and the cap was a very nice surprise.
I am now eager have it in operation over our Easter Holidays camping trip.
Thank you so much again. Your product and customer service with constant updates, the Invoice and fast freight should be commended.
I wish you every success with your business and would not hesitate to buy from you again.
Kind regards
Debbie

Hi Debbie, thank you so much for sharing such high regards of our products and customer service. This is exactly what we strive for as a business and it is so great to see this transfer into customer experiences. We sincerely hope to continue providing you with products and services to fulfil your many trips in life. Enjoy your easter holidays! Feel free to tag us in some holiday snaps on social media while you're away too :)

Still waiting after 3 months

Still waiting after 3 months for 100lt dz and some one can walk in and plck one up of you straight away nice of you for makeing me wait and still waiting not happy

Hi David, we apologise for the inconvenience of having to wait three months for your fridge, when items such as fridges sell out, the lead time of manufacturing and receiving new stock can take some time. We do inform customers throughout this process to maintain complete transparency. I can assure you we have not deceived you in that our 100L Dual Zone fridge is out of stock. We do however receive a small number of fridges back on warranty for minor issues like a fan needing to be replaced, once the item is repaired we sell them as seconds stock. Currently this system is a first-in-best-dressed process depending on availability. These items are also only available for pick-up locally. You may have seen or heard of someone purchasing and picking up one of our seconds 100L Dual Zones. If you would like to know more about available seconds items for sale, please call our customer service team on (07)3123 4715. We update which items are available for sale on our Facebook page if you wanted to browse that way. Also, we are holding a seconds stock warehouse sale on the 6th of April if you wanted to check that out. Again, sorry for any inconvenience the delay in receiving your product may have caused. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any further questions.

Great Product & Service

Just picked up a dual zone 100 lt fridge/ Freezer from Kickass / Australian Direct on the Sunshine Coast.
The fridge is exactly what we have been chasing.
Love the idea of using the same plug for household 240v and the Landcruiser 200 series.
Great concept with the phone app. Can keep an eye on the fridge functions while driving.
Kept the catch cold during the trip home and the beer colder.
The DZ 100 lt would be a great asset for anyone who is after a travel fridge/ freezer.

Morning Anthea, Thank you so much for taking time to leave this review! Sounds like it really fulfilled your travel needs. We would love to see some pictures of how you use. If you have any, take our Facebook page so we can check it out :)

I like i like!!!...

Just received the fridge an hour ago, plugged it straight in, love the anderson plugs great idea!! It took about 20 mins for both bins to chill freezer at -5° and fridge was 5° on quick cooling 240v
Love the controls on the app super easy plus the voltage metre awesome....little tip for bluetooth connect code, its on the back of the fridge, the code on the lcd control panel is too short..the override switch? Its in the manual that comes with the fridge, i couldnt find it, and there is no mention of it in the manual on the web.. no biggy tho, beers could have been in there a couple of minutes ealier haha.... Great having the 5 year warranty to back up the product(thumbs up thumbs up)

The only con... is with the cover not the fridge itself, i would have only taken half a star off if was an option, but there is no easy access to use the charging ports on the front, may i suggest for future design have a lil roll up flap so it will still cover over panel when not using the ports but the flap is out of the way when they are getting used, may have to sacrifice a pocket but for me i would prefer the easy access..

Anyway time to crack my first bevie from it( two beers glasses cheersing) looking forward to having many from it ( toasting with a ice cold king brown)

Hi there Narringa, could you please give our customer service team a call on (07) 3123 4715 in regards to the power socket not having no access. This was an error found on a couple of our fridge covers, which we endeavoured to remove, but yours has obviously slipped through the cracks. It is definitely supposed to have a small flap for access, so we will be able to replace or fix that for you. We are so glad to hear you speak so highly of the fridge itself. We hope it brings you cold beers on your travels for many years to come!

150 Watt Portable Solar Panels

I ordered these 150 watt panels last week they arrived two days earlier than expected from Queensland to Victoria .... very prompt service and arrived undamaged .......... yet to try them out ...... if they work well i will be buying more products from Australia Direct ......

Hi John G, we have been working really hard to minimise the dispatch time from our warehouse- its all about the controllable's to improve customer satisfaction! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this feedback. It gives us a good indication of where we are improving :) Let us know how the panel goes.

2nd Time I've used Australian Direct (Kickass)

Just purchased the Kickass Volt Meter. This is the second purchased I've made through this business & both times they have met my expectations. Will definitely use them again in the future. BTW love your videos. Great work......Regards Tony

Hi Tony, thanks for taking the time to leave a review! So glad to hear you are happy with the products and enjoy our videos. See you around again :)

Working well

The "kickass 12 volt battery" charger arrived on time and when installed was working well. The graduated charge condition makes it easy to see the how the charge is going.

Hey Steve, Great feedback! Thats one of the reasons why we designed it that way (+many other benefits). We hope we can continue supplying you with quality products and 5 star service. Kind Regards The Australian Direct Team

Faulty item replaced

I had a problem with a item i purchased. I went to their store where i was met with friendly and competent staff. They replaced it promptly and with no fuss. Great service

Hi Phillip, Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience with Australian Direct. Our products should operate to the quality standard we imply, so when something out of the ordinary does happen- we want to make the process as smooth as possible for the customer. We are happy to hear this was the opinion you formed. We look forward to continued business with you as a local! Warm Regards The Australian Direct Team

No comunication

Purchased their Kickass Plug & Play Dual Battery System Wiring Kit & Dcdc Charger on the 13/2/19 expecting the 3-5 day postage as i was going camping in a weeks time. Much to my surprise only the plug & play wiring kit showed up 3 days later. After talking on the phone to a not so helpful operator i finally found out that they had infact sold out of the dc/dc charger and wont have them back in stock til late next week + 3-5 days delivery. Not once was i told they were out of stock. A simple email would have been nice or maybe a note on their website before you purchase it. Not happy

Hi Caitlin, We apologise for the delay and inconvenience that this situation would have caused you, this is completely out of the ordinary and not up to our usual standard. Our systems do/should create automatic updates on the website which show when an item is out of stock, this will then only allow customers to purchase the items as a 'pre-order'. In this case, the Projecta DCDC stock feed had an error (which was flagged and since been fixed). Our support team strives to help customers to the best of their ability but sometimes that takes a bit of investigating to reach the cause of an issue- this may be why you felt as though they weren't as helpful as they could be. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any further queries regarding this situation. Let us know if the products serve you well. Kind Regards The Australian Direct TeamThank you

Quality product, staff very capable. both in discussion on suitability and at pick up.

Contacted staff to assess suitability of the product for my proposed use. Found to be very capable and knowledgeable. At pick up (living locally), again found staff very approachable and obviously worked well together....a good sign of an outstanding business.

Hello Trevor H, We believe that quality should extend through the whole business, from product development right through to the team that our customers come in contact with. It is absolutely outstanding that this has translated onto your experience with the team. We hope to see you around again soon! Please let us know how your items go. Kind Regards From myself and the Australian Direct Team

Fantastic panel at a fantastic price

Thanks Joe Curren for going above and beyond and getting my panel from Qld to SA so quickly only 4 working days by road.

The panel is of great quality at a great price....

Regards,

Clint

Hi Clint, Joe is definitely one of our 5 star employees, and glad to hear you think so too! Thanks for the feedback on our customer service, delivery and product. We look forward to seeing you around again soon. Kind Regards From myself and the Australian Direct Team

Very Pleased With Purchase

I purchased my dual battery kit late last week. It arrived by Tuesday! I was so impressed with the ease of purchase, the detailed product videos and the speed at which I received it after purchase. I had the whole kit installed into my ute and tool box in under an hour and it's working like a dream! Would highly recommend this company and products. Look forward to my future purchases to come!

Hi My Thoughts, This is such great feedback! Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on our dual battery kit. We have really tried to translate our 12v passion and knowledge into our products and support, and are so glad to hear it meant ease of purchase and installation for you. Looking forward to continued business with you! Kind Regards The whole Australian Direct Team

Extremely slow shipping

Bought a battery tray for a dual battery solution. Took longer than it should have to arrive. Installed fine but the battery tray is thin soft metal so when tightening the battery clamps (which are also not ideal) the metal twists in places. Would have preferred thicker metal and better clamps. Second item I bought was a battery charger 240v, have not recieved it yet and auspost dont seem to know where it is. It's been 7 days since I ordered the product and it's only coming from QLD to ACT. If it was free shipping I would expect it to be slow but this is a paid service and is too slow. Let's hope the actual product is better than the shipping and battery tray.
UPDATE: Package finally arrived and the charger is much better than I expected. Has exceeded my expectations. Just need to improve on shipping times.

Hi Phil, thanks so much for taking the time to write to us with a review. Our team strives to provide as accurate as possible shipping estimates, although sometimes delays happen with couriers which are out of our control. QLD to ACT is roughly 4 business days with a 48 hour dispatch time. It is un usual that multiple items have presented with a shipping time issue, and we encourage you and other customers who may have this problem to contact our customer service team to get this sorted ASAP. We are happy to chase up individual cases with the couriers, where we can. Thank you for the battery tray feedback- we will pass these points back onto our product development team to asses immediately. Please note, we do offer a 30 day money back guarantee if you are not happy with any products, although we do believe we usually have a solution for any problems. We are so glad to hear that you rate our charger highly, we also pride ourselves on this range (amongst others) and there are many others that agree with you as this is consistently one of our best sellers! We do hope to have continued business with you in the future. Again, please don't hesitate to contact us via phone or email, with any queries, so we can get back to you quickly.

75 L fridge freezer

Well fridge is very good the Wi-Fi connection is very hit and miss and more mess then hit.It was one of the main things that I bought this fridge for against other models and makes

Hi Chippy, so happy to hear you think the fridge is very good! We have actually brought the manufacturing of our KickAss fridges in house since the Wifi model and replaced it with bluetooth connectivity instead. Please contact our customer service team about the Wifi issue you are having with the fridge as this is something we can instruct on getting resolved. Thanks for your time leaving a review. We hope to see you again :)Thanks i did today

Still waiting

Disappointed, ordered on 12/1/18 still waiting for part of the order to be completed. However very happy with rest of order received.

Hi there, we are glad to hear you are happy with the products performance! If you believe the delivery time of one of your products is exceeding the time estimated, please call our customer service team if you have not done so already. We hope you enjoy your day :)I have left emails on1/1/19 and 29/1/19, phoned a few times---put onto a voice recording--no joy yet--original order placed on 14/12/18!!!!--Please help!Hi Batman, I have just personal messaged you to grab some details off you and I will get someone to contact you right away with why your item has not arrived yet.

Good service and delivery

Customer service answered all my questions with patience and politely. All goods shipped arrived safely and in a good time frame. It's great that all the electrics are just plug and play. Everything is working properly, I travel 200 km round trip to work so the battery will remain charged. Thanks again guys.

Hi there, you're welcome! Thanks for such great feedback :)

Great Products

Bought several items, including dual battery system with MPPT battery box, over the last year or so and have had no problems, happy to continue buying suitable products.

Hello! So glad to hear we will have continued business with you. We are happy to supply great customer support regarding any products you may need, so feel free to call anytime :)

Excellent products and service

Bought quite a few items, all delivered promptly. When I opened AGM battery it had been dropped and corner damaged. Nice to deal with a company that apologised for the issue and immediately dispatched a second battery. All over the Christmas break. I always judge a company by how they deal with problems. Anyone can do business when it all goes well. Aust Direct have been fantastic to deal with. Quality gear. I've kitted out my 4wd and camper with their wiring kits, battery boxes, dcdc chargers and solar panels. All working perfectly. 240v charger excellent job reconditioning older agm and fully charging mine and friends batteries. Got extra AHs out of them. Great people to deal with. I'll be back.

Thank you so much for a great review. Although it is a crazy busy time of year, we do our best to keep up standards and are glad to hear this has transferred on to you. Seems as though you have yourself an awesome set-up going on! We hope your positive experiences continue :)

Very unimpressed purchases

Bought 2 items the same here in a fortnight, one for a friend and we have issues with Australia Post with deliveries so the consultant that rang said we'd label it "ok to leave" so they could drop it off, but he lied and by accident it was dropped off and was clearly marked on the label "Not to be left at all" so be advised anything that they say to you is not worth a cracker and now, will definitely not buy here again again, their credibility is completely shot with me, be warned.

Hi Darryl. We are sorry you were told the wrong information about the possibility of authority to leave, as this is not consistent with our policy due to the higher priced nature of our products. We don't believe this should cloud our credibility as this kind of miscommunication is a very rare occurrence. We always take feedback such as yours to continuously improve the business. Can we please just confirm that you have now received your products and they are functioning as expected?No it's not compared to what I've been using, I've just got another one through Trade Tools for about the same price without all your garbage about getting it delivered in a timely manner which I can't with Australia Direct, as I said that was my FINAL transaction and certainly won't be recommended by me