Australian Ethical Super

Australian Ethical Super Questions & Answers

Verifiedaustralianethical.com.au🏆 2024 Award
evilkos
evilkos

What is the reason for the sudden spike of reviews in March 2022? There's been 57 reviews that month, compared to the usual 1-3 reviews per month, raising the avg rating from 4.1 to 4.3. Even more suspicious, the only other time this happened was January 2016, which had 67 reviews (among 1-3 reviews per month), and this raised Australian Ethical average rating from 3.1 to 4.6 at the time. I feel like this needs a really good explanation. Is there a place where to read about this? Also did Australian Ethical do any work at all with all the negative feedback, to summarize, explain, show what improvements are planned? The only thing I'm seeing below is "Points of praise" - seems a little bit one sided sitting on a page next to tons of 1-2 star reviews.

Australian Ethical   DM

Hi there , Thanks for your questions. During March 2022 we asked some of our members to leave a review if they felt like it, with no incentive offered. This is a common practice for a lot of companies. In January 2016 we believe a similar request was made to our members and they were happy to leave reviews for us so that we can continue to grow the good with ethical investing.

We are constantly working on improving our customer experience and use customer feedback to drive change within the organisation.

Best regards
The Australian Ethical team

Andy
Andy

I reviewed them as a member during this period and gave them a 3 star rating, I am expecting to lower that rating to 2 stars later this week. I attempted to change my investment from australian shares to conservative as that is their plan that is losing the least amount of money at present (every single plan is losing money now), the website appears to have failed during this switch retuning an error. I contacted them about this and the site states a 7 day response expectation. Businesses are expected to respond within 48 hours, that is the standard and for good reason, 7 days is a pathetic lack of effort. The site also states not to attempt multiple changes to plan as that will delay the change, so I currently have no idea whether the change occurred (as no confirmation is sent until it is processed) and still have to wait for them to bother explaining their website error, before even attempting to try to change on their website yet again. The website itself hardly supplies any historical information, I lost everything that my employer contributed, as well as all of my own contributions in the last year, plus approximately 10% of my total balance. All you get to show that is a very vague bar graph.

Australian Ethical   DM

Hi there Andy. We apologise that the experience you have recently had with our online systems has been sub-standard. We are constantly reviewing our portal with the aim of improving the ease of doing business for our members. This feedback is certainly noted. Thanks again.

J. B.
J. B.

Who are the investors and shareholders of this super fund?
Where is is situated?
Is this fund investing in offshore companies?

Australian Ethical   DM

Hi J.B. Thanks for the questions.
Australian Ethical Investment is a publicly listed company and our shareholders can be anyone. In fact, we have over 9,000 shareholders and investors made up of predominantly individuals and some companies. Our super fund is one of the products offered by Australian Ethical Investment.
Our office is based in Sydney and we operate Australia-wide.
We invest in a broad range of companies that align with our Ethical Charter. These include Australian and international companies. You can see a full breakdown of the companies we invest in here:https://www.australianethical.com.au/personal/ethical-investing/companies-we-invest-in/
We hope that helps.

krizelle anne n.
krizelle anne n.

hi i would like to do investing but im not sure of what and how/ can you help me? thanks

Australian Ethical   DM

Hi there - thanks for getting in touch. We offer Superannuation (https://www.australianethical.com.au/super/) and Managed Funds (https://www.australianethical.com.au/managed-funds/).

Is there an area of investment you're particularly interested in? You're welcome to give us a call to discuss in more detail:1300 134 337

We hope that helps get you started.

Jimbobaloobop
Jimbobaloobop

I have super with AE and I'm now considering putting money into one of the AE managed funds. So far I like the approach AE takes. The fees are pretty high though. How can you justify this?

Australian Ethical   DM

Hi Jimbobaloobop, It's always nice to hear that one of our Super members is considering one of our Managed Funds as well! We're glad you like our ethical approach to investing - and you would already be aware of our competitive performance returns.

Fees are about many things, including the level of engagement of the fund managers, and a matter of scale. Australian Ethical has a particularly high level of engagement, because of both our ethical screening, and our active investment style. Despite this, since 2013 we’ve more than halved our fees. It’s just one of the ways that as we grow, we’re making sure to share the benefits with our investors. You might also be interested to know that we are one of the best valued ethical investment funds in Australia when you take into account what our product offers. You may also find that other ‘ethical funds’ may not offer a comprehensive ethical screening process, for example only screening certain negative industries, or best of industry.

You may be interested in some of our wholesale funds, which offer the funds at a substantially reduced fee. You can find more information on our wholesale funds here: external link .

You can find more on the performance of our managed funds here: external link

If you want to discuss our investment options, don't hesitate to call us on 1800 021 227.

- Julian at Australian Ethical.

Norbu
Norbu

I would like to know if Australian Ethical discloses 100% of their assets and also if there is any investments linked to Wilson, Broadspectrum or any other torture providers be it onshore or offshore, directly or indirectly? Thanks

Australian Ethical   DM

Hi Norbu I am so sorry for not being able to respond to you earlier. Transparency is a key priority at Australian Ethical. That’s why we list the companies we invest in across our investments. To view the companies we invest in, please visit external link .

Sherin at Australian Ethical

Gasparo73
Gasparo73

Are medical tests required to get insurance coverage from AEO?

Australian Ethical   DM

Hi there, Sorry it's taken us so long to respond - we didn't get a notification about this question but here's the answer!

For our default coverage for disability & total disability cover no medical examinations are required. For additional cover or a fixed amount etc, there is an application process by which you'll need to answer medical questions. Sometimes blood tests or medical results/scans are required after completing the medical questions.

- Grace, Australian Ethical

Kate
Kate

Can you please send me a list of the companies you invest in as I would be interested to know which companies are ethical in your opinion and could you also provide me with information on how well these companies have performed? [details removed] Thank you.

Australian Ethical   DM

Hi Kate, All our investments and business activities are guided by our Ethical Charter (www.australianethical.com.au/australian-ethical-charter) which requires us to take into account the interests of people, non-human animals, and the environment. By using the Charter we have a full list of the companies we invest in always on our website (https://www.australianethical.com.au/companies-we-invest-in/). By investing in these companies, we've seen strong performance over the past 30 years. Full performance figures are listed on our website! external link

Best,

Grace, Australian Ethical

christiane
christiane

When the share market goes down or if there is a financial collapse (2008) does Ethical funds go down?

MAD992
MAD992

Christiane , are you serious if you cannot answer this yourself , You Should NOT be an investor , Markets go up, markets go down, so to answer the Question its a big YES

CarrolH
CarrolH

Is there any way you ate able to find "lost" super?

Australian Ethical   DM

Hi Carrol, Yes, we're one of the few super funds in Australia that can find and roll over all your other super for you! Simply mark the relevant check box in our easy online application, which only takes about 2-3 minutes to complete here: external link .

– Beth at Australian Ethical.

Get an answer from our members and Australian Ethical representatives

Extra Information

ProductReview.com.au award logo

Australian Ethical Super is a ProductReview.com.au Awards Winner for 2024, 2023. Learn more