Verifiedaustralianethical.com.au🏆 2024 Award
4.2

78% · 21052 · 19%

Marian
MarianGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

They really are open, honest and ethical. Feels great to be a member

12 months. Very happy with performance, considering the current state of flux around the world. I was impressed that I received an email assuring me that "Australian Ethical has no investment in Russia or Russian organisations (or in Ukraine) and no investment in companies that manufacture weapons. In terms of any impact on your super balance, our overarching message during this time is simple. We encourage members to stay focused on the long term." This demonstrates to me that ethical principles will continue to be met.
Luisa C.
Luisa C.3 posts

A great alternative to the more popular super funds

I have been with AES for over a year and I’m very happy with the product. They have different investment options, transparency in their investment products and comparable if not lower fees than my former super fund.
Matilda
Matilda4 posts

Good Performance

I am quite satisfied with AE Super. The performance so far has been good and I’m aware that renewables are only going to become more profitable in the future so I look forward to even more returns then.
R Morris
R MorrisPerth, WA

Helping move investments to be more ethical and have long term impact

Been with AE for 5 years, good returns and feeling better about funding ethical business and being a part of a move to better capitalism. Stop funding destructive and unsustainable corporations.
Shawn W.
Shawn W.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Excellent ethical investment options

I've been with A.E. Super for nearly 20 years. Excellent range of investment options, great performance, great information. I'm completely satisfied and would recommend them to anyone for their Super. Show reply
Jeremy
JeremyPerth, WA2 posts

There is a green market, we just need the products and services to catch up

Australian Super are the only real ethical fund and their success shows that people want to invest in a better world however for a long time there hasn't been a lot of choice. Now there is, there's no excuses. Just do it!
Rachel
Rachel

webster.oliviah
webster.oliviahSydney, NSW

Wouldn't want my money anywhere else

I've been with Australian Ethical since 2020 and I'm deeply satisfied with my decision to move to it. The company has the highest ethical standards and clearly grapples with the difficult ethical quandaries that other investment managers don't bother thinking about. Also supremely happy with my returns and usability of their services. Couldn't recommend more.
Florencia Q.
Florencia Q.Sydney, NSW

A values-led super fund

I've moved my super to Australian Ethical three years ago. Whenever I've needed assistance their friendly staff have always been quick to respond and provide help. When I joined it was because of our similar values. This has been reflected through their help to Aussies throughout the horrific bushfires last year. Equally as impressive is their commitment to transparency as my annual statement shows my impact metrics.
OzBurger
OzBurgerSydney, NSW2 posts

Great performance, poor service

Do you want a great return, with ethical investments? This is the place to go.
Do you want fantastic customer service with people who listen to you? Look elsewhere.

I've been with them since 2012 and am very happy with my returns over the past ten years. I've even joined them under their Mutual Fund as well. But blow me down, their phone staff are thick as bricks, when you can even get through to them.

Just glad the people managing your money are decent. Show reply

Duncan
DuncanRichmond-Tweed, NSW3 posts

Incompetent Customer Service

Unable to get member name correct, and don't believe it is their responsibility to do so. Let my wifes account close, and lost her super.... all through sheer incompetence and despite multiple calls to them.
Arv
ArvGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Garrett
Garrett

Really happy that my super invests in the type of future I want

Australian Ethical avoids dodgy investments in fossil fuels, big weapon manufacturers, gambling mega-corps and the like. Fees are also pretty minimal and switching over was a breeze. Only slightly inconvenient things is that whilst they offer income insurance, this has to be bundled with life insurance, which as a person in my twenties isn't something I feel I need right now.
Steven
Steven

Poor customer service, and generally poor all services

I joined the superfund in July. They didn't let me put my contributions into the investment i wanted and then wanted to charge me $200+ to change investment. They all started charging me for insurance when I had selected no insurance.

They finally refunded me for the insurance after many emails. They still have not resolved my other complaint.

They do not respond to emails. I wait more than a week to get a response if I get one. If I call them there are long waits and then they take days to come back to me.

I am likely going to withdraw and move to Australian super.

I recommend you do not choose Australian Ethical. You will be disappointed by their service and general behaviour.

Glen
GlenSydney, NSW

A fantastic and ethical way to save your money for retirement!

I have been with Australian Ethical for about two years and it was very easy to transfer my past funds in to the new account and interesting (and dare I say fun?) to review my investments progress! The performance of my funds have been steadily increasing and knowing it is going to a well-researched group of investments helps me feel a little more secure with the future for not just myself but for the planet as well.
Elliot
ElliotSouth East Queensland, QLD

Wouldn't want my super with anyone else!

I've been with Australian Ethical since 2015. I love their transparency, values and efforts for the planet and it's inhabitants. Great rates, excellent management options and always good customer service.
Retail Superannuation Funds

Find out how Australian Ethical Super compares to other Retail Superannuation Funds

Steve G.
Steve G.4 posts

This is the best place for my money

I opened my Australian Ethical Super account 20/08/2013.
It's important to me that my money does no harm so I love the transparency and goodness of AES, also their "Advocacy" option.
Alice
Alice

Wishing I had made the switch sooner!

I have been with future for over 2 months now. Unlike my previous super, Australian Ethical is transparent about where they invest my money! This was really important to me because I want to know my money isn’t supporting fossil fuels or unethical practices. After spending some time researching which super was right for me, making the switch was so easy it had me kicking myself for not having done picked Australian Ethical sooner. It’s an easy step you can take that makes you feel like you’re doing something positive for the environment without even thinking twice about it during your day.
Terry
TerryVictoria

Ethical investing AND competitive returns!

I moved to AustEthical about 10 years ago. I was initially attracted by ethical investing and was prepared to forego some returns for that. My partner is with a major industry fund and I consider AustEthical to be just as good, return-wise. We've been retired a few years and my pension with AustEthical fits my needs perfectly.
Sandra
SandraSouth East Queensland, QLD

Superannuation without suffering - I love it!

Have been with AusEthical for approx 4years sndvam so happy with them. I love that my super $ is not gained from the suffering of animals (live export), environment (fossil fuels, palm oil plantations) etc. I especially love your community grants programme - highlights so many wonderful people and causes that I otherwise would know nothing about. Extra bonus is how the website dashboard lays things out in a simple, readable format for super novices, so much less daunting than other super sites where I've felt I needed to be an accountant to understand. Great work everyone st Ethical Super (terrific service too!)
Nicola
Nicola

I feel so much better knowing my super isn’t destroying the future I’m saving for

I’ve been with AE for about 5 years and I feel their values and mission align with mine. They’re professional but with a heart and my money isn’t destroying or hurting vulnerable places or things.  Show reply
Corin
Corin Sydney, NSW

Perfect product for profit and purpose

Great performance and great ethics for a superannuation fund . Australian Ethical has been honing their products for many years and that experience is showing in the growth and results . Also ethical is at the dark green end. Show reply
Martin
MartinDarling Downs, QLD

Not only feels good but excellent returns

I transferred my super from another major name fund, as I wanted to invest in one that actually worked hard to find investment opportunities with companies looking to make a major positive difference in our world and at the same time get comparable returns. I found it here. Show reply
Liz
Liz

Ethical and profitable, a win-win

I moved all of my superannuation over to Australian Ethical in 2019 after some lengthy research because of their ethical stance on divesting from things like fossil fuels and their action on climate change and social justice. It was one of the best financial decisions I've made to date.

Not only are they ethical leaders in the industry, they also have some of the best (and in some portfolio categories, THE best) investment returns Australia-wide, so don't go thinking the ethical choice is always less personally beneficial. The rollover process was incredibly easy, and their website is super user-friendly. Would highly recommend! Show reply

Wozzie
WozzieGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC3 posts

Wonderful ethical super fund with excellent returns

I've been with Australian Ethical for nearly a year and am very happy with their ethics and returns (which have beaten the market). They are very clear about their ethical investment criteria. If all super funds followed their lead, the world would genuinely be a better place.

I like the flexibility to select what % of my super I invest in different sectors e.g. Aus, international etc. Show reply

Beau
BeauPerth, WA

Same as the others

No difference between them & most other super companies. Returns might be ok but don’t trust their “ethical” claims. Its all spin & marketing. They’re just as ruthless in their desire to keep & control your money for their own agenda.

Mike
MikeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA2 posts

Best move I've made

I have been with AE for only two years, and my investment has grown at almost double the rate of my previous fund, with Australian Shares option providing insanely high returns. It was very easy to switch, and very happy to be investing away from fossil fuels and gambling. A massive win/win. I can't recommend AE highly enough. Show reply
Mandy D.
Mandy D.Sydney, NSW4 posts

Piece of Mind

Best super for ethical reasons. Communication excellent and love the community grants. Love the website portal, which is easy to use and easy to understand. Putting my money where my mouth is!!! Show reply
Adam
AdamNortheast, VIC3 posts

Very happy customer for at least 5 years

I’ve been with Australian Ethical for at least 5 years now and I’m really happy with the growth of my retirement nest egg. I originally came over to them so that I could sleep better at night knowing that my super wasn’t funding stuff I’m against lol dirty energy and fracking etc, but watching how they’ve performed even through a pandemic has been very reassuring. My super hasn’t taken a massive hit like many friends are telling me theirs has.
AE’s web tools are easy to use too. Show reply
Josef
JosefSydney, NSW7 posts

Excellent service with ethical principles

I have been with Ethical Super for more than 5 years now. They are always upfront about any changes i need to know about and I'm happy with the rate of return my super is getting compared to non ethical super funds. Show reply
NLJ
NLJ4 posts

Be the change you want to see in the world

Like many people I was outraged by the banking royal commission and rio tinto aboriginal land site blasting, I want nothing to do with these companies and choosing an ethical super product is a no brainer. Together we can make a real difference in changing the way businesses make decisions and operate. Show reply
Brittney G
Brittney GSydney, NSW

Good for me and the planet

I've been a member for 6 months now and honestly if knew about Australian Ethical earlier i would have joined years ago. Such a simple way of making maximum impact for the planet and the returns are good too! Show reply
Sammy -.
Sammy -.7 posts

5 stars

Swapped over to these guys and they have been exceptional right from the get go, very easy sign up process and even managed to roll over my old fund over to them without any hitches along the way Show reply
Roxanne
Roxanne

Unethical

I was given approval from the ATO to withdraw part of my super on compassionate grounds (which is needed for surgery). I emailed through my documentation to have the funds released which was over a month ago. Time after time, I have received emails (the same from different people) telling me there is more to do. The communication is terrible and my funds should have been released weeks ago instead of holding onto it because of the current economy.
Australian Ethical   DM

Hi Roxanne we're really sorry to hear about your experience trying to withdraw funds on compassionate grounds. Our client services manager will look into this personally for you if you can please email enquiries@australianethical.com.au.

Ross
RossSydney Surrounds, NSW6 posts

The Future of Super is here

Great returns, been with AEF for a number of years. Also now a Shareholder as so confident in their future. Love their constant attention and action on issues. Thats why i joined and will support forever i think.
Brendo
BrendoGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC5 posts

Easy, Ethical and Earning aplenty

The process to switch super was simple and fast. Online account management is user friendly.

All Australians must seriously consider switching to an ethical super fund to accelerate our transition to renewable energy. Show reply

Buyer3126
Buyer31266 posts

$10 administration fee

Even though the site says there are no fees they handed me a $10 administration fee every month for god knows how long. I also have been a low income earner since i joined them, so it really was chewing into my super. I have moved to another super and wish to forget I was charged so much on my superannuation. Completely unethical scammers.
Australian Ethical   DM

Hi there, We're sorry to hear that you're unhappy with us , however administration fees are clearly stated on our website and member communications. Administration fees are a part of having a super fund. We hope this helps clear up any confusion.

Stuart D.
Stuart D.2 posts

Constant lies and will not reply to correspondence. Criminals

The ato approved my covid relief a month ago. Im in contact with ethical super daily and still have not been paid. They say things like "its being paid and was started on Monday" i asked whether it has left their accounts or not. He says its in "pricing"and cant provide further information. I have been lied to during every phone call. They threatened to hang up numerous ties because i want straight answers. They failed to reply to the numerous emails i sent them in the last few weeks. AVOID THIS COMPANY.THEY WILL CHEAT, LIE AND BE AVOIDANT.I have lodged a formal complaint with AFCA and am considering legal action
Australian Ethical   DM

Hi Stuart, We’re glad to hear you’ve finally received the funds, and are very sorry for this experience. We’re reviewing internally to find out what went wrong so we can improve processes like this for our members.

Kylie M.2 posts