Australian Geographic

Australian Geographic (page 2 of 6)

See the Best General Merchandise Shops in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Australian Geographic? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Warranty Claim MadeYes (1) · No (3)
Day
DaySouth East Queensland, QLD

Do NOT order online gift vouchers

A simple email gift voucher - purchased on their online store as an Easter gift in March 2018 - has not been delivered, notwithstanding 4 emails, attempted phone calls (no answer), online chat. Only an apology but no action. This is very disturbing and I would hate to see others lose their hard earned money on gifts never sent.

melinda
melindaCanberra 2600, ACT

What a joke they call Customer Care.

Ordered more than 3 weeks ago, rang after 2 weeks to see where order is, oh hasn't been distributed yet, will be aent next day. Still waiting.
Ring useless Customer Care again at 4.50, get cut off twice after waiting 5 minutes each time then suddenly its 5pm and they gave gone home. Appalling service. Do not buy from them.

Ness
NessGold Coast

Online order - Customer Care NO HELP

Poor Customer Service - couldn't fill my order, but didn't contact me to tell me this

Niki R
Niki RAU

Terrible customer service

I made a purchase online. I followed up 2 weeks later with a phone call (about a 40 minute wait or so). I was informed that they would email the store. Nothing happened. Followed up again (by phone and another 40 minute or so wait). Again informed they would follow up and put a rush on the item. Nothing. Sent an email. They said they'd followed it up. Still nothing. Have sent 2 cancellation emails and haven't received any acknowledgement. Terrible customer service. Total ripoff.

Colleen
ColleenPerth

DO not buy things online from Australian Geographic

I purchased 3 items in one order on 7th January. The order arrived on 11th January, missing one item, and with a second item that did not work. When I called, they said my missing item was out of stock and that they were already processing my refund. 2 months later, I have not had my money returned. They do not respond to inquiries, and they do not answer the phone. I have just been on hold at position number one in the queue for 54 minutes, at which point they hung up on me. Never ever buy online form them, the actual stores ate fantastic though.

Tracy
Tracy

sent damaged item, they wont reply to emails

ordered online
arrived damaged
I emailed straight away, then regular emails over next few weeks
Not offered an exchange, just ignored
no-one ever answers the phone

Ruben
RubenWheelers Hill

Online Order

The absolute worst customer service I've ever experienced in Australia

Eljay
EljayNoosa

Do not order from this store

Do not reply to emails, take weeks and weeks to actually send out your order and will refuse to cancel an order or return/refund it.

Adam
AdamBrisbane

Will not provide refund on returned product

Due to website not issuing purchasing confirmation I inadvertently ordered the same product twice. After an hour on hold, I finally got through to a seemingly very helpful person, who told me that they'd cancel shipping the 2nd unwanted item and the money would go back into my bank account within a week. Money never was returned. Will not respond to repeated requests in writing. Has been close to 2 months now. It will be to their detriment as I will never purchase from them again and will advise others to steer clear. Goes way beyond poor customer service to outright dishonesty.

Chaz5
Chaz5AU

Worst Online Store - Item Never Received

Lisa Durran
Lisa DurranBarwon Heads

Shame on you Australian Geographic!

I did an online order on 08/12/2017 -Sphero R2D2 droid and force band watch - watch was a free promo worth $140 when you bought the droid - both in stock - only the droid was posted out - not the free item. No emailed tax invoice post order and no tax invoice or explanation for missing item in the box. Contacted Australian zheographic and still waiting a week later for refund and have now lodged a PayPal dispute. Item was sent back and have tracking. Item arrived 20th December.

Very poor

Website indicated a product ordered was in stock and that usually shipped to capital cities within 2 days.

I waited 2 days and called to be advised the item is on back order. Really you should not take orders under false pretences.

Wtl
WtlGold coast

Worst online shopping experience ever!!!

Absolutely the worst online shop and customer service. Bought the gifts for a friend on the 3rd December, hasn’t received on the 20th December. So went into a shop to check because the customer service phone line was faulty. I was told on the 20th the parcel even hasn’t left the shop yet! Almost 3 weeks from the purchase date! Finally got the reply email from the customer service on the 8th jan 2018!

Deeslee
DeesleeGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Terrible Service

I ordered 2 items online to be delivered before Christmas. The parcel arrived in time, but one item was not what I ordered. The company has not responded to any of my emails and a phone call that I made today saw my call reduce in queue to number One in queue and then to be back to number Six in queue without apology or explanation. AG is not interested in dealing with customers. They do, however continue to send me marketing emails with inducements to buy. I will report them to the Department of Consumer Affairs as a very dodgy Company.

NotHappyJan
NotHappyJanMelbourne

Their customer service is worse than Telstra and Optus combined.

Bought 2 of the same product online in November thinking I would get in early for Christmas. One came in the post three weeks later. The other one, arrived the day before christmas. Tried repeatedly to get in touch with their customer service. No luck. They actually switched off their phone in December so they don't have to answer calls. You might think its okay but I don't. Also, no tax receipt came with either product. I have called and emailed and had no response. It's almost like they have disappeared. I thought it was illegal for them not to supply a tax invoice. Anyways, my advice is don't waste your time purchasing anything from them.

Oh Lin
Oh LinAdelaide

Panic set in when I read the reviews.

JackBeanstalk
JackBeanstalkPerth

I Love this Shop

Even though they're a bit pricey, I've been getting a lot of my Christmas presents from this shop for years. I love the range and the staff are always friendly. Reading all the other reviews it looks like they've got problems with their website. I've never used there website so can't comment. Can't beat a store where you can touch everything and speak with someone.

Rach
RachCanberra

Never again - broken and missing items

Amesmandurah

Worst online shopping

Purchased items online on the 16th November 2017 only to receive half the order .
Still awaiting a response to where the remaining order is, i have continually emailed them.
It stated when i ordered items that they were in stock , dissapointed in the customer service and no response.
Going to file a complaint with consumer protection , this company needs to be looked at.

Ames

I found Consumer Protection very helpfull in Bunbury WA to file complaint.
Paypal to have my money returned.
I avoid this company both in the shops and online .
Dissapointed to see more bad reviews

Lou
LouMelbourne, VIC

They take money for products that are out of stock, and then don't refund the money!

An awful Christmas experience!

Margie 51
Margie 51Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Pathetic online shopping

Gemma
GemmaSurfers paradise

Don't buy from here!!!

They took my order before Christmas and it looked like it was ordered just in time... a few days before I tried contacting but couldn't get through... sent 2 emails and had no response. Not only that but my order number was not recognised online. I just spent 40 min holding to speak to someone to be told that it wasn't in stock.... like most of their popular telescopes. But rather than let people know they have taken every ones money and we won't see our presents until mid Jan.