Australian Hot Water

See the Best Appliance Repair Services in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Australian Hot Water

4.1

Expensive

Call out was prompt however after less than 20 minutes of work they had replaced the inlet and relief valves on my hot water heater at a cost of $540. Afterwards I checked and the cost of the parts was way below what had been charged and extra labour added.

Brian
Brian

Greedy business and ripping off customers

Last Friday my old hot water system was done, so a neighbour recommended this company to me. I have several meetings that day and didn't have time to shop around, and this company was recommended by a neighbour, so I just let them install a new system. It turned out their price is extremely high. I have another neighbour had their hot water system replaced with the same product with the same kind of services on the same day, while their price is $500 cheaper than what I paid to Australian Hot Water.

Very upset and very disappointed with this company. Will never use them again. My friends and neighbours will avoid them from now too.

Lallo
LalloSydney, NSW

Overpriced and no adequate post sale assistance

I called them for linkage from pressure valve on my hot water system. Their Inner wast team came quite soon anyway, and they said that it has to replace the pressure valve. They quoted about 390$. 15 minutes work for the pressure valve replacement, which was quoted at almost double of the normal cost, I found later. Anyway after 3 months the new valve had similar problem, so they came Again and they found the new valve was faulty so they changed under warranty. But I had to pay further 180$ for cost of the replacement Even though under warranty.

Rae
RaeRichmond-Tweed, NSW

They use inferior products from Israel like chromagen that don’t last

Appliance Repair Services

Find out how Australian Hot Water compares to other Appliance Repair Services

Bad Customer Service and overpriced

Our Solar hot water was leaking, they attached a value. The system started leaking again in less than a month. The behaviour of the customer service attendant on the phone was definitely not a pleasant one. I would certainly not recommend them.

SimSam
SimSam

Not impressed with Company

We have a few Rental Properties & had recently changed our Property Manager. Tenant advised no hot water Property Manager organised Aust Hot Water to repair or replace. Tenant moved out after 2 years final Inspection showed Tank Cover (dented) damaged - tenant said the HW tank was already damaged when it was installed )Tank is wall mounted near ceiling). Another tenant advised no HW. Aust Hot Water arrived & New Tank installed. Next day very angry tenant rang no HW - Aust Hot Water installed another New Tank. They said element must be faulty. We informed Property Manager in future always contact the Hot Water Manufacturers (not local Plumbers) for replacement or repair.

Ruth S.Australian Hot Water

Can you please contact our head office regarding your concerns and verify the authenticity and sequence of events . Best regards Ruth 02 9525 4144.

Follow up services lousy

Installed the hot water okay but it is almost cold in a Canberra winter and they want to charge a $200 call out fee to adjust it!

Ruth S.Australian Hot Water

Could you please contact head office regarding your concerns. 02 9525 4144. Best regards Ruth

Continual Cold Showers

Had cold showers since they changed water temperature without my permission.
I wish I never got this installed as I want to have hot showers.
They will not change this.
You should not do things owners have Not Requested.

Ruth S.Australian Hot Water

Can you please call head office so we can discuss your concerns, 02 9525 4144 best regards Ruth

Paul
Paul

Canberra office not to be trusted

After a long dispute regarding an Australian Consumer Law issue, which has involved the Canberra office of Australian Hot Water, myself and the Office of Fair Trading, the Manager finally offered to refund 25% of the cost of the job. After accepting this offer no refund has been forthcoming and correspondence is not answered. Needless to say, until this undertaking is kept, I shall never use this company again and advise others not to either.

Appliance Repair Services

Find out how Australian Hot Water compares to other Appliance Repair Services

GekiGold Coast

Problems two years later and no one to contact

Very disappointed to have our roof leak because the installers did not correctly seal where the system's pipes go into the ceiling. We have been unable to get a response from the company. When we mended it today it was clear that the company did not seal from the roof, only from underneath. So it has been leaking for ages. Now we have a damaged ceiling and no warranty follow up with the company. We would suggest using a company that has after service care for if and when things go wrong.

Ruth S.Australian Hot Water

Can you please contact head office to discuss which agent in the gold coast you used so we can look into the matter, Best regards AHW.