Australian Institute of Professional Counsellors

Australian Institute of Professional Counsellors (page 2 of 21)

• Teaching Staff
  • Learning Material

Flexible informative learning

Really enjoyed the course (Diploma of Financial Counselling) course content was excellent and informative even had experienced counsellors take bits away they found informative. I found the prac assessments challenging but much easier as time went on and with confidence after being taught the right way to do things. Importantly the course is flexible time wise having had 2 tragedies in my family while doing the course taking an extra 6 months to complete the course wasn’t a problem. Staff are ver professional and understanding was a really good experience for me.

Teaching Staff

Great experience throughout the study

Teaching and course content were excellent. I receive regular follow up calls to provide any additional support needed - special shout out to Kay at the Melbourne campus she does a great job. The course wasn't difficult for me as I did the diploma after my bachelor studies in another field. The course was very well designed, some topics do get repetitive. The highlight of this course are the practical seminar sessions - I'd encourage everyone to attend if you can. I really learned a lot from it.

Teaching Staff

Great experience and course!

Education & Training Services

Find out how Australian Institute of Professional Counsellors compares to other Education & Training Services

carla mckay

carla mckay South East Queensland, QLD

As a woman who has high struggling dyslexia, the support was amazing to help me get to my diploma.

I found the student portal easy to navigate.
I asked my office to help me out, set it up, show me how it would and support me with any questions i had to help me get through my diploma.
The girls who assist you in the student online phone inquiry's, where always helpful and my own person thanks to Brett, Holy and Jennifer in the buderim office where amazing and so helpful.

Adam W.Sydney, NSW

No job at the end

Did the Diploma of Counseling and found that there were no jobs at the end. Employers want psychology degrees and experience. Please don't waste your hard earned money on this course, I wish I did a degree instead. The Diploma of Counseling is outdated and not recognised anymore, from an employer's point of view. I sadly found out the hard way.

Caress Care

Caress Care Richmond-Tweed, NSW

Excellent course and support

Extremely satisfied it was very well presented and easy to understand all the way.
This is an area that I am very passionate about and I feel that it was created at a great level for both comprehension and understanding.

Vicki

VickiQueensland

Employer's training provider of choice

Paula S

Paula SRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Extending your education

I initially took on the AIPC Diploma in Counselling education some years ago. Then life happened. I put it on hold and have returned during COVID year. Since returning the Gold Coast Office has provided invaluable support. All the team are very friendly and professional. My group practical sessions have surprised me the most. I have learnt so much from attending these days. Many thanks AIPC. Please consider offering Northern Rivers local choices for practical days :)

Teaching Staff

Training of the highest calibre

Having just completed the AIPC Diploma in Counselling, I found their training to be of the highest calibre. The online components were well-organised, delivered in diverse learning modes and contained relevant, up-to-date, interesting content. The assessment practicals were conducted both face-to-face and via Zoom, both providing a good balance of scrutiny and support. Finally, the admin support was first class. AIPC was an excellent learning experience.

Simon

SimonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Positive Learning Experience

I found my experience with AIPC to be very positive and enjoyable. Rob and the team have been supportive from the outset right through to post studies, which I haven't experienced with other RTO's I have studied with and so would recommend AIPC as a great place to further your studies

Manolia

ManoliaWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Dip in youth work

Thoroughly enjoyed the study and pace of the diploma. Was easy to understand and well set out. It is not aimed at people already in a youth work setting which was a little hard for me as it meant I could only complete my practical hours at the end of all my modules rather than take into account my hours along the way. But the support that the team offers and their response time to assessment submission and queries was awesome. Actually thinking about applying for a dip in counseling with AIPC now. Thanks guys.

Robyn

RobynPerth, WA

Recommend in person Practical Assessment

Being in Perth I have been lucky enough to be able to attend the in person practical assessments. I strongly encourage others to take this option rather than video or zoom if they can, as it provides great interaction, small groups (4-6), and really brings the whole theory to real life. (as well as meeting some wonderful people who are also on this journey) The facilitators are awesome, with years of experience and a really helpful attitude.

CJK

CJKGoldfields, WA

Recommend AIPC

I would recommend AIPC. I thought the course content was good. While it may at times it felt repetative, I can understand why, from my own personal experience in working in the industry this is an important factor in teaching to instill good counselling techniques and knowlege, while also challenging you with different counselling techniques. The staff were great to work with and gave good feedback. Thank you for making it possible for those living outside of Perth to be able to complete their diploma. AWESOME

Bianca

Bianca

AIPC a quality training organisation

I enrolled in an AIPC course some time ago and I would certainly recommend AIPC as a learning institution. I have been relatively happy with the experience overall and I have obtained employment as a direct result of my studies.

Chris G.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Dont do it!

Tristan B.

Tristan B.South East Queensland, QLD

Extremely good and so much fun

The teaching was great and thanks to what I learnt I have been able to achieve my goal of changing careers, the course is not difficult thanks to the support programs provided

Miss L

Miss L

Enjoyable learning.

I thoroughly enjoyed my learning experience with AIPC. The Diploma really suited my learning style and being able to work at my own pace made for a really enjoyable journey. Personally I would have liked to have been taken more out of my comfort zone with the practical assessments.

Dr_Sp1ttl3Sydney, NSW

Diploma of Counselling

I find this course relevant, challenging and interesting. The material is written very well and supporting reading recommendations are value-add to expand my understanding of the cognitive and practical skills required of this career path. Support staff is excellent and take the time to ensure my questions are answered properly and proactive in checking in with my progress. The assessments can be tough but fair, and feedback is useful in helping me amalgamate theory amd practical. Overall, will recommend this course to anyone keen to explore this degree.

Vicki Palmer

Vicki PalmerNorth Queensland, QLD

Diploma of Counselling

The course content was of a very high standard.
I did not find the course difficult, but would imagine that some people who have not had experience in working in human services may require more assistance

Diploma of Financial Counselling

I have just completed the Diploma of Financial Counselling through AIPC. This course has provided me with sound knowledge in the theoretical and practical aspects of financial counselling. I found the feedback and generous sharing of knowledge from my prac assessor - Kelly invaluable. The self-paced online study has allowed me to complete the diploma around my job and my life. Thanks to the Buderim Support Office, no question was ever too difficult, they were always supportive and quick to respond to any calls or emails.

See all Australian Institute of Professional Counsellors reviews

Ilanyasked

I’m interested in starting the diploma of counselling, but would like to know if I can work as a relationship counsellor with just this diploma ? (I have a bachelor in psychology as well)

Kelly Hunter
Kelly Hunter

I don't see why not. AIPC have a brilliant graduate diploma in relationship counselling program, being that you already have a Bach in psychology you would qualify. I would give them a call and have a chat.

Teresa G.

Teresa G.asked

I am thinking of enrolling in the diploma of counselling however after reading the above comments, I am concerned that there will be no work. My understanding is that you have to start with the diploma to be eligible to do your masters etc.? If what people are saying is correct even when you have your masters etc. You will not be able to apply to be able to registered for people to claim back through their health funds unless you are a psychologist which is 5-7 years of study? Is that correct? I believe there is a big difference between what counsellor s do to psychologists do and I had felt better about being a counsellor than a psychologist. Now I’m questioning if I am doing the right thing.

Keva C.
Keva C.

Accredited mental health social workers (4 year degree plus accreditation through the AASW) are also able to bill through Medicare.

Libby W.asked

I am interested in starting the Diploma of counselling and would do this part time. How many hours per week would I need to set aside for each of the 18 units?
How long can you take to complete the Diploma?

Dr_Sp1ttl3

Hi Libby, I balance my study around my weekend hours as I work FT and do school runs plus housework - so it's chipping off the units consistently in whatever time bits are available to your personal circumstances. In broad terms, I commit about 3-4 hours of study every weekend, but prefer adjusting to ensure quality over coverage. If I get some ad hoc free time, I bunker down to do more. On average, you can get theory, additional reading, assignment and assessment done within 3 weeks per unit, but tailoring to adjust to your other daily responsibilities is the name of the game in the long term.

What I found is this approach gives me less pressure and motivates me through small wins. Sometimes you just got to do life and be flexible. Speak with the student office and they can help you too with good tips/guidance even before you enrol. Generally they encourage you to finish it under 3-4 years depending on how soon the school updates their syllabus to ensure the diploma reflects current standards and meet the profession's expectations. I'm definitely planning to wrap this up within the year because I want to start practising soon in real life. Hope this helps. Good luck and enjoy the experience!

Libby W.

Thank you so much for this advice. So handy to hear from people who are currently doing the course. All the best as you continue your studies this year and hopefully finish the course. Thanks again

See all Australian Institute of Professional Counsellors questions

Get an answer from our members and Australian Institute of Professional Counsellors representatives

CategoryEducation & Training Services