Australian Institute of Professional Counsellors

Australian Institute of Professional Counsellors (page 4 of 21)

• Teaching Staff
  • Learning Material
Maddi

MaddiCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Highly recommend!

The Melbourne branch was fantastic, made my experience a lot easier and they provided a great source of support. The content of the course was very detailed and informative. The options for completing practical assessments allowed for flexibility! Highly recommend!

Lisa

LisaCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Diploma of Counselling - Melbourne

May

MayGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Highly recommend studying with AIPC Melbounre

Very satisfied with teaching and course content. Both admin and student assist very helpful and encouraging. Some content challenging, however, lots of support available e.g. Student support, tutors, administration, student forum and markers feedback.

Education & Training Services

Find out how Australian Institute of Professional Counsellors compares to other Education & Training Services

Gio

Gio Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Accurate and meaningful course

The contents of this course is accurate and detailed, I felt secure to practice after completing each assessment. Highly recommended. Every units has a practical which is an helpful tool to learn our practice.

Kathleen M.

Kathleen M.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Graduate Dip of Relationship Counselling - Waste of time and money

Lindy

LindyThe Mallee, VIC

Sensational experience with AIPC

Achieving my counselling diploma through AIPC was sensational. The course content was valuable and manageable, the markers provided encouraging feedback and there was plenty of support. My overall experience was rewarding and I would encourage anyone who wishes to do counselling to look into this course.

carolyn

carolynGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great supportive college

I completed the diploma in counselling with AIPC and was so impressed with the online support. The admin staff were great, content of course very thorough and the assessors very professional. A MIX of theory and prac made it interesting . Would highly recommend , suitable for all ages even if you haven't studied in years.

Vijayasarathi Ramanathan

Vijayasarathi RamanathanSydney, NSW

Meaningful learning experience

Vanita

VanitaPerth, WA

The Diploma in Counselling is a great way to start a career in counselling

Highly recommend this course. The course structure allows the student to work at their own pace and gain good knowledge of counselling skills and tools to support clients. The seminars are more beneficial for the practical component. So much can be learned by interacting with others on the course. The facilitators at the Perth campus are so supportive and provide very valuable feedback. A big thank you to you all.

Dianne Hetherington

Dianne HetheringtonSouth East Queensland, QLD

A very supportive and professional organisation.

The course so far has offered great content that gives an aspiring counsellor excellent skills and tools necessary to support clients. But it always comes back to the counsellor to be able to incorporate the tools and truly connect with clients that makes the difference.

Jobin J.

Jobin J.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Diploma of Counselling, excellent course for life and career

The course comes with lots of great materials. The assessors at Adelaide Center are helpful and supportive. Highly recommend. The seminars are great for practical component. Counseling is a real helping profession.

Great course.

The diploma of counselling was a great course. The content structure allows students to work at their own pace and gain valuable learning around the counselling process and theory behind it. This course allows students upon finishing to be ready to start a career in helping people find direction and growth. I highly recommend this nationally accredited diploma.

Mincy

MincyThe Mallee, VIC

Enjoying the course

The course is well structured and I love that fact I can study whilst working full time. The study guides are easy to follow. The instructions are clear and the team is supportive and prompt. It is encouraging to read the comments from the assessors which acts as a great guide.

Perfect course for me.

The course content flowed well and easy to understand with back up Readings Book information. As I was also working, studying at my own pace from home worked very well for me, with the option of doing skype practicals as I live in regional Victoria and some distance from Melbourne. Obviously, Covid year played a huge part in not allowing City access for services.

Very supportive and postive learning space

Love studying at my own pace. When help was needed there were many options to contact AIPC and the reaponse was quick, helpful and very supportive.
Assessors gave very constructive feedback which is important for future references and growth. Thank you.

Positive Learning Experience

Enjoying working through the course at my own pace to fit with my lifestyle and time... structured and easy to follow with good help , support and feedback from AIPC staff and assessors.

Stephen Layt

Stephen LaytGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

A simple process and full of interesting topics.

To date very happy with only need to gain clarification from Melbourne office on one occasion. The course has been a nice mix of challenge and straight forward work load.

Interesting, well organised and enjoyable

I am about half-way through my Diploma of Financial Counselling and have enjoyed the course very much. The content is interesting, practical and informative and the practical assessments complement the theory well. I like the flexibility of being able to complete all of it in my own time from home, including practical assessments by video. Melbourne staff have been supportive and quick to respond to queries. I have studied both a Bachelors degree and a postgrad degree at University previously and this course is easily comparable in terms of teaching quality and support.

Aurora

AuroraGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Best Choice I've Made

I thought long and hard before signing up with AIPC. Upon comparing them to other RTO's I felt they were the right fit for me. I've found the staff in Melbourne, extremely professional, friendly and helpful.
Whenever I felt stuck (mainly due to covid and my own procrastination issues), I would turn to the facebook page and find people at different stages of their studies offering helpful suggestions. The support network is second to none!
AIPC is specialised in the field of counselling, their course content is informative, interesting, extensive and thorough. Signing up with them is the best choice I've made!!

I recommend the course.

It’s a strange question, but what would you want to do even if you were going to fail? It’s not to say that you will, rather the point is, regardless of the outcome, there are journeys in life you want to take.

These studies have been part of that for me, a great journey in their own right. I’ve enjoyed the topics, which have provided a foundational backbone in counselling that I use along with additional readings. And the staff at the Melbourne branch have been supportive along the way.

I would recommend the course.

See all Australian Institute of Professional Counsellors reviews

Ilanyasked

I’m interested in starting the diploma of counselling, but would like to know if I can work as a relationship counsellor with just this diploma ? (I have a bachelor in psychology as well)

Kelly Hunter
Kelly Hunter

I don't see why not. AIPC have a brilliant graduate diploma in relationship counselling program, being that you already have a Bach in psychology you would qualify. I would give them a call and have a chat.

Teresa G.

Teresa G.asked

I am thinking of enrolling in the diploma of counselling however after reading the above comments, I am concerned that there will be no work. My understanding is that you have to start with the diploma to be eligible to do your masters etc.? If what people are saying is correct even when you have your masters etc. You will not be able to apply to be able to registered for people to claim back through their health funds unless you are a psychologist which is 5-7 years of study? Is that correct? I believe there is a big difference between what counsellor s do to psychologists do and I had felt better about being a counsellor than a psychologist. Now I’m questioning if I am doing the right thing.

Keva C.
Keva C.

Accredited mental health social workers (4 year degree plus accreditation through the AASW) are also able to bill through Medicare.

Libby W.asked

I am interested in starting the Diploma of counselling and would do this part time. How many hours per week would I need to set aside for each of the 18 units?
How long can you take to complete the Diploma?

Dr_Sp1ttl3
Dr_Sp1ttl3

Hi Libby, I balance my study around my weekend hours as I work FT and do school runs plus housework - so it's chipping off the units consistently in whatever time bits are available to your personal circumstances. In broad terms, I commit about 3-4 hours of study every weekend, but prefer adjusting to ensure quality over coverage. If I get some ad hoc free time, I bunker down to do more. On average, you can get theory, additional reading, assignment and assessment done within 3 weeks per unit, but tailoring to adjust to your other daily responsibilities is the name of the game in the long term.

What I found is this approach gives me less pressure and motivates me through small wins. Sometimes you just got to do life and be flexible. Speak with the student office and they can help you too with good tips/guidance even before you enrol. Generally they encourage you to finish it under 3-4 years depending on how soon the school updates their syllabus to ensure the diploma reflects current standards and meet the profession's expectations. I'm definitely planning to wrap this up within the year because I want to start practising soon in real life. Hope this helps. Good luck and enjoy the experience!

Libby W.

Thank you so much for this advice. So handy to hear from people who are currently doing the course. All the best as you continue your studies this year and hopefully finish the course. Thanks again

See all Australian Institute of Professional Counsellors questions

Get an answer from our members and Australian Institute of Professional Counsellors representatives

CategoryEducation & Training Services