Australian Outdoor Living

Australian Outdoor Living (page 2 of 89)

4.4 from 1,766 reviews

4.4

1,766 reviews
  • Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Rates and Fees

Customer Care Backup and Service

Have recently had installed Artificial Grass , Roller Shutters and Outdoor Blinds and I cannot speak highly enough of the service from start to finish, by ALL at Australian Outdoor Living. All the products are exceptional the installation was on time and the installers all were quality tradesman , I can’t believe it was that easy to get done after previous years of encountering poor service from numerous companies . Would recommend without hesitation that you give this company your business

Jeff.H

Jeff.HSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great blind

From the time that Tricia quoted the blind to when Jarod fitted it there were no problems what so ever,they were both very professional and polite.We now use the outdoor area more because we can finally block out the QLD sun.Would recommend them to anyone.

Rick

RickSydney, NSW

Artificial grass

The quality is amazing and have received nothing but compliments about the grass. The grass layers Dave, Jordan and Lisa were amazing! attention to detail was excellent would recommend to anyone looking for artificial grass.

Top Shelf

Top ShelfSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent Service

AOL Qld delivered excellent customer service - about the best I've experienced. Never missed on their commitments, very efficient communication. Product quality is superb. I have no hesitation recommending them to any prospective customers.

Georgie

GeorgieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Perfect Roller Blind

My experience with Australian Outdoor Living was excellent. They were very professional, friendly, helpful and gave me excellent service. My roller blind is well fitted and serving the purpose it was designed to do.

Craig

CraigMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Excellent work

I highly recommend AOL, they have been brilliant from Start to finish and very patient with delays caused by my health issues. The builders and painters were top notch. Thanks for a great product.

Kerrie

KerrieSouth East Queensland, QLD

So very happy

These are the third lot of blinds that I have purchased from Australian outdoor living .
I’ve had them at my previous two homes and when I moved into my apartment I knew that I had to have them on my patio , they make it into another room giving me privacy and protection from the Queensland sun . I just love them
The whole process was fantastic all the staff are very obliging and everything went to schedule . Well done Brisbane team

mick

mickSouth East Queensland, QLD

professional quick thorough

pre - installation details were extremely thorough. consideration for decor was excellent, practical and ease of use with full demonstration upon installation. The entire experience from phone call to installation was very friendly and very helpful. Job well done.

Michael

MichaelSydney, NSW

A reasonably priced excellent product

Australian Outdoor Living supplied and installed a roll up patio blind which I have found to be an excellent investment. It is a good product that comes with a guarantee, which was installed without fuss well within the agreed time frame. The installers were polite and very thorough in cleaning up after completion.
Michael Campsie 27.04.20

Pull sown external blnds

We arranged to have three external blinds to block morning sun on our patio prior to the Covid-19 lock down. Fortunately this happened swiftly and a good price and with no fuss. The product appears to be of a high quality and works well. All the staff from the salesman, to the reception to the fitters were very polite and professional. I highly recommend AOL.

Regards
Lou

Beautiful Blinds / Artificial Lawn And Paving

I would like to thank the AOL team for a very professional and awesome work that was done to my outdoor living area, this work was for Blinds, Artificial Lawn, and Paving .. my back yard looks magnificent .. I couldn’t be anymore happier and thankful .. I would like to make a special mention and a huge thank you from my heart to the wonderful team .. Jason, Ben Tamille, Sandro and Reece, these are the wonderful people from AOL that made my outdoor living look AAAAMAZING .. you are all just wonderful people.

Mish May-Wilkie

Thank you for your kinds words .. I wouldn’t go to anyone else, I’m sooo loving it, again thank you for everything
Regards
Mish

Alexandra H.Australian Outdoor Living

You're very welcome Mish. We're so glad to hear that! Enjoy!

Nico88

Nico88Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Awesome blinds

Our outdoor blinds look fantastic and work very well. The remote is nice and slim- very simple to operate.
The sales rep was very knowledgeable and helpful. He showed us exactly how the whole system will look like , colours and all so there were no surprises.
There was a bit of misunderstanding regarding the electrical installation but communication was awesome and everything was sorted in a very timely manner.
Many thanks to the installation team for their professionalism.

vickiandjohn

vickiandjohnSouth East Queensland, QLD

Unwilling to help with problems

This company refuses to solve a problem that has occurred to the degree that the blind is fully functional, leaving me with a blind I cannot use, leaving me totally disappointed with no recourse.

jacinta f.

jacinta f.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great blinds

From consultation to installation everything was completed quicker than expected and with limited fuss. A few issues on day of installation with arranging for installers to arrive at a set time but calling 2 hours ahead to say they would be there early. This wasn’t suitable due to other appointments

Grumpy Pants

Grumpy PantsGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

High quality, competitively priced and quickly installed.

We called the sales line and got a quick response. Sales person came to our house and was very polite and professional. Installation was completed within a week to a very high standard and the product looks great and works perfectly. Very happy.

Terry

TerrySouth East Queensland, QLD

services through Aussie outdoor living

Very professional and amazing workmanship and prompt service highly recommend 100 out of 100 attention to detail was amazing definitely will be getting more work through Aussie outdoor living without a doubt thank you guys

Find out how Australian Outdoor Living compares to other Home Renovators

Best thing we could have done we have made our outdoor area more functional.

Very happy with Australian outdoor living they made everything easy and fast . Great product made in Australia .
We had an extremely windy day last week our blinds did not move .

JoP

JoPPerth, WA

New Patio Leaks since Nov 2017

Brian

BrianSydney, NSW

Great Product and Experience

Great customer care throughout the whole proces. The installation team was great - fast, curtious and did a great job cleaning up afterwards. The blinds are for a porch facing a road - do a great job blocking out people looking in and dampining the noise.

Return customers.

As return customers we delighted once again.
From our initial telephone contact, through the measuring, quoting, check measure, and finally the installation, it was a seamless procedure.
The customer service was professional and pleasurable, and we are extremely happy with our new blind.

JRR

JRRGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great blinds just looking forward for the hot weather to return!

Purchased 4 blinds for the pergola and side of front veranda. The service was very good and the blinds were delivered and installed as communicated with us. The installation was very efficient. The mid level sunblock in black seems to be enough for sun reduction and allowing us to see through also.
Only advice I have for others is to discuss, at the initial consultation, the need or not for flaps at the lower end of the blinds. Depends where the hooks for the catch of the blinds can be located and may not be necessary.

See all Australian Outdoor Living reviews

Ryanasked

After giving feedback I was contacted on the phone and agued with. I tried to contact your head office and was directed back to the state branch they couldn't hold a conversation with me just tried to get off the phone and responded with short dismissive emails. I was given a discount after agreeing to leave a review on FB but I've been blocked from facebook because I shared a link for product review. Why do you ask for feedback and delete comments its very misleading and childish. This probably the reason you have to spend soo much on marketing.

Roslyn
Roslyn

They were very dismissive of me when I tried to point out where they screwed up. After job done, i got a threatening email re: payment. Not a company I would ever use or recommend

Ryan

aol know their clients have absolutely no power to do anything if there are problems and take advantage of if which they made disgustingly clear by their response to me. Unfortunately for me i was unaware of product review before engaging with aol. If you actually read through the positive comments they become quite comical and sound too good to be true and you realise the people commenting are just getting a discount to leave a positive review. In the end they couldn't resolve structural and cosmetic issues and refused to compensate me for damaging my property. I wish I didn't make final payment or sign the handyman's paper work because apparently it over rides industry and engineering standards.

Hi Ryan and Roslyn,

It is disappointing to read your negative comments about Australian Outdoor Living.

It means a lot to us when homeowners choose Australian Outdoor Living for their projects. We work hard to ensure that our clients are happy for choosing us. Most of the time, we achieve this and are lucky enough to receive some kind words in the form of a review, or post on our Facebook page. We're upset to read that this doesn't sound to be the case for you, and that this has led you to feel so negatively towards our company and even questioning the positive feedback we do receive from other clients.

We only ever ask for honest feedback. This is what is important to us, as it confirms what we're doing right and allows us the chance to improve experiences where possible. Once in a while we have tried to reach a resolution with a customer but they remain unhappy and begin to leave multiple negative comments across our Facebook page and advertisements. We do unfortunately have to remove serial posters from our business page as it has gone past a productive dialogue and becomes damaging to our advertising efforts.

We realise that 13% of our reviews on this listing are 'negative'. Please know that we take these posts very seriously and appreciate them just as much as the 'positive' posts; as these allow us to learn from, and get better at what we do. We'd like to reassure you that the 85% of 'positive' 4 and 5 star reviews on this platform are legitimate, and the result of years of hard work our team has put in behind the scenes.

If you would like to discuss this further we welcome you to contact us at feedback@aol-hq.com.au. (Please quote reference number PR16420Q.)

Ken E.

Ken E.asked

Out side living motorised blinds as on tv are you in Bairnsdale Vic.
Ken Elsdon

Hello Ken,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I believe you are interested in our SmartTrack Outdoor Blinds? They are relatively new and proving very popular!

Our Victorian office has done work in Bairnsdale before and would be more than happy to pop out and visit you also. Please call our team on 9930 7600 when you have a spare 5 minutes and we can arrange a suitable time.

We look forward to chatting with you more about the project.

PaulPasked

HI, I am looking at some external blinds, how do you stop fraying at the edges?

Hi PaulP,

Thanks for getting in touch with your question.

Its exciting to hear that you are looking into installing Outdoor Blinds at your place. Thank you for thinking of Australian Outdoor Living!

We use a unique wedge welding technique to minimise fraying on the edges of our blinds. This is opposed to the more common stitching method. We find that this technique greatly reduces any loose threads and offers a neat, crisp edge. As you can imagine, over time stitching exposed to our harsh Australian sun can disintegrate from the UV exposure too. The wedge weld avoids this altogether.

I hope this clears things up for you. If you're ready, I welcome you to contact me directly at ahand@aol-hq.com.au and I would be more than happy to get the ball rolling for a free measure and quote.

Alexandra Hand

PaulP

Thank you, so no one else in Australia uses this method?

Hi PaulP,

You're welcome.

I have asked the question for you, and both our Sales Manager and our Manufacturing General Manager can't confirm as, to be honest, we're really not sure. We are involved in a lot of trade shows and they both said they haven't seen the same technique used on the edges of these kinds of Outdoor Blinds.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with.

Alexandra Hand