Australian Seniors Insurance Home & Contents Insurance

Australian Seniors Insurance Home & Contents Insurance Questions & Answers

12 questions from our users

Mary D.asked

I am currently on holidays In France and my car was involved In An accident and I have completed and submitted 12/10 online claim and it has been acknowledged. Our problem is that the 1300 and 13 13 43 do not work outside Aust.and we are unable us to speak with anyone in company. Please provide a direct number to contact Melbourne office?We are extremely frustrated and concerned.Mary Downie

Hi Mary,
Thank you for reaching out to us. If you call +61 13 13 43. However, if you continue to experience any issues please contact our team via email at customercare@insurance.seniors.com.au.

Anne S.

Anne S.asked

Can anyone apply for Australian Seniors House and Contents insurance, or do you have to be a senior?

Hi Anne,
Thank you for reaching out to us with your question. You do not have to be a senior to apply for a House and Contents insurance policy. If you would like a quote or have any further queries, please send me a private message with your contact details and I will arrange for one of our team members to contact you.

terryasked

Do you price match other companies as i have done quite a bit of research and have seen more than one company quite a bit cheaper ,also where is your call centre located .Thanks

Noeleneg
Noeleneg

Hi Terry, yes I did price match. I was previously with woolies and they are cheap but they are terrible to deal with especially if you take out road side assist with them. They don't send anyone to help they just wanted to tow my car.

John
John

Yes I did price match and also looked at reviews. These reviews eliminated some lower quotes.

terry

Thanks for the replies ,seems it is hard to find someone that is actually easy to deal with

Joan Sawyerasked

My Policy no. is HOM101838957 and is due for renewal. The excess is $500 and we like to lower that to $200 please. Can you advise new premium please. Thank you Sincerely Joan Sawyer.

Hi Joan,
Thank you for your enquiry. I will pass your policy information onto a team member to contact you about a quote with a lower excess, if you don't wish to wait for someone to contact you. You can call 13 13 43 for assistance.

Joan Sawyer

Thank you. The renewal is due on 13th October so do you think I will have a rep;y by then? Thanks, Joan. Also, can we get this policy in both names, please.

Hi Joan,
I have forwarded your details to the relevant team to contact you about your query, any other concerns you have please discuss these with our team when they call. You should receive a call by Monday as the latest, if you don't please call 13 13 43 for assistance.
Thanks,

Vortex Spinner

Vortex Spinnerasked

I cannot find one review about others experience with claiming on seniors insurance. This makes me highly suspicious. Why is there no product review on claims?

Hi Vortex Spinner,
All of our customers have the opportunity to leave a review at any stage of their experience with us. Whilst a lot of the reviews we have received are from customers who have recently purchased their policies, we have received some lovely reviews from customers who have had to submit a claim.

Pony
Pony

You asked the question I'd been thinking as I read through the reviews. None of the reviews talk about the process of claiming. Thanks for the reference to Hollards.

Hi Pony,
Thank you for your question. Product Review is a public platform where people can rate and review services and products and the shops that sell them. It is an unbiased user experience and it assists other potential customers to make better informed decisions when purchasing a product or service. A customer can submit a review at any point and can share their experience on Product Review. It may be that they only obtained a quote, or they may have proceeded with a purchase or claim. To learn more about reviews you can review further information on the Product Reviews Help Centre https://support.productreview.com.au/hc/en-us .

E John

E Johnasked

Why all the negative claims reports from people who have to deal with Hollard your underwriters? I was about to take out House and Contents Insurance with Australian Seniors Insurance but now have second thoughts.

Hi E John,

john Vickers

john Vickersasked

We are interested in getting a quote on home and contents insurance on our home in Weston ACT

Hi John Vickers,
Thank you for your question. To obtain a quote for home and contents you can visit our website https://www.seniors.com.au/home-contents-insurance, or alternatively you can call 13 13 43. However, if you would prefer us to contact you, then please send a private message and I will happy to arrange this for you.

Cincin

Cincinasked

Why are customers recommending this company when they haven't even had to make a claim yet?
This seems really unusual and suspicious

Russell w
Russell w

Why unusual and suspicious? I don’t really understand your meaning. You mainly review companies for there overall performance and how you think and feel when dealing with them be it the first time or continuing dealings with them. These reviews let people that havent had prior dealings with them make an informed decision to go with them or not. Some reviews are positive and some negative. But they give the overall experience of people that have encountered these companies in the past. I guess writing a review is a two part process. The first part is your overall experience in the beginning and then if for some reason you do have to unfortunately make a claim you can then review the company again if your overall experience has changed in anyway. I’m thinking you have never read a review or written one before. They help people to make the right decision for themselves. Without them i feel you go into a purchase blindfolded in a way. With no prior knowledge. They make life a lot easier for most especially if your making a purchase that could be life changing or may be costly in the future. I hope my explanation answers your question. Have a great day now.

Hi Cincin,

Hi Russell w.,
Thank you for your detailed reply, greatly appreciated.

Noel

Noelasked

Hi, has anyone contacted ACCC or a Legal professional? If so, I'd be glad to hear your the outcome. I'm about to go down this path.

First Last
First Last

Fortunately not,thanks to the ppl who share with us their bad experiences.
It is about time that someone make those shonky businesses accountable,we have been take for a ride once too often.
I wish that the government has more back bone to close the legal loopholes and punish hard those who abused the systems!!!
Please share with us the outcome,wish u all the best of luck.

miner
miner

ACCC are hopeless, advice only...thousand of Australians getting ripped off by unscrupulous retailers, a lot of our time is spent just trying to get refunds or replacements and it takes forever and sometimes does not happen at all, the ACCC is really a toothless tiger when it comes to consumer rights.

Daveasked

Due to the appalling feedback from VERIFIED customers I'll be taking MY business elsewhere, the great thing about the internet is that if shape up to be less than you should be people soon find out and the real losers are the shonky one's , grateful I found out before I made a claim ,
bye bye aussie seniors....................happy now ?

Greenstone F.Australian Seniors Insurance Agency

Hi Dave, thanks for sharing your feedback. We are disappointed to hear that you will be cancelling your policy with us. If there is anything we can do to assist please let us know, thank you.

Dave

How about looking after your customers ??? can you guys really be so stupid that you'd think people wont talk and share their experiences ? thats what this site is all about and the more negative posts you get the less business you get get it now ?

JM
JM

After obtaining a quote I looked at the reviews. I won't be switching to this insurance so thank you to those to report on their poor experiences. I can understand when one to two negatives spoil a good run but in this case there are very few happy customers. And let's face it is is all about the claims process. Good customer service wins out every time in getting more business.

Robert F Cole

Robert F Coleasked

Can I do a direct debit online? I want to pay the $41.00 on line as it is in arrers.

Greenstone F.Australian Seniors Insurance Agency

Hi Robert, thanks for your enquiry. If you'd like to provide us with your policy details in a private message we can arrange for member of our Service team to contact you to assist further.

Lizard

Lizardasked

I'm researching for my partner. He is owner driver of a van and needs public liability and comprehensive cover. I would also appreciate a quote on income protection & accident/disability cover. Kind regards Elizabeth Lussetich

Customer RelationsAustralian Seniors Insurance Agency

Hi Elizabeth, Thanks for your enquiry. Please send us your contact details via a private message here: www.facebook.com/AustralianSeniorsInsuranceAgency and our Service team will be happy to help.

Kanimbla
Kanimbla

Please don’t you ever sign with Australian senior insurance they don’t keep the word they phone service very bad
Please for piece of mind look some where else because you paying few dollars extra but at the end you insurred

Get an answer from our members and Australian Seniors Insurance Agency representatives