Australian Seniors Pet Insurance

Bernadette

BernadetteGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great pet Insurance policy..

My pets Insurance is a great policy for my pet .My dog Marli has had a few health issues recently and has had to visit the vet 3 times..Each time I have mad a claim Seniors pet insurance has reimbursed me within 3 days..Excellent company.. The claims are easy to lodge online and once you lodge your claim they email and tell you that they have received your claim and are looking into it..Doesn't get better than that..Very efficient..I recommend them to anyone that's looking for a good pet Insurance..

Claim DateAugust 2019

you asked for this.

I have had 2 claims and the people involved were excellent BUT nothing happened after I submitted the information. It took further inquiries to complete the claim. Everyone was very helpful.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateMay 2019
Customer RelationsAustralian Seniors Insurance Agency

It would help if staff could speak slowly as a pensioner I find the speech too fast

I have done my homework and find this to be the best option for my dog KIMMIE
I have signed up today feeling that I have chosen the right policy to protect my dog's future

Jacqueline

JacquelineMid North Coast, NSW

I feel much safer now I have something to protect our special baby.

I feel the Senior's Pet Policy is of Good Value and it was set up easily.
No, we have not made a claim.
This is our first experience with this insurance company

Hi Jacqueline,
Welcome to the Australian Seniors family. I am thrilled to hear the ease in which you were able to set up this policy and that you find your policy to be good value. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Donna

DonnaSydney, NSW

When we needed it, it was there

We had a very sick young girl our Labrador very very sick, we had a big vet bill, after we paid our bill we submitted all the paper work and within 3 days our money was paid back to us

Hi Donna,
I am sorry to hear about your young Labrador becoming so sick and I hope that she is now on the mend. I am pleased that we were able to assist in providing support for her, when it was needed.

MiaSydney Surrounds, NSW

Long waits for little return

Helpful customer service, but long call wait time. Be wary, it's less than 1 minute if you want to buy insurance, but 15 minutes if you have already paid up.

Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Mia

Is this the private message box?

Hi Mia,
This is a public comment field. You should have received a separate notification advising of a private message.

Karen

KarenSydney, NSW

Thinking twice if the policy is required.

The policy was easy to set up ...I’ve had the policy nearly 12 months and still have not received policy documents as promised that day on the phone. I have made a claim for desexing and dew claw removal. I did not realise that that all comes under elective surgery as I had no paperwork to refer to.The claim was completed within 7 days but received less than 10% of the total cost refund. So I’m not too impressed at the moment.

Claim DateJuly 2019

Hi Karen,
I am sorry to hear about your experience. I would like the opportunity to look into this further for you and I have sent you a private message requesting some additional information.

Sue H

Sue HGippsland, VIC

The person i spoke to was very helpful and knew her product. I felt confident in making the purchase.

It would have been preferred if the policy doc's, arrived as promised, initially when making the purchase, within 2 hours.
Instead of me having to ask twice for them to be sent to me. I was not impressed I can only hope you process any claims in a more timely manner.

Liz

LizMurray Mallee, SA

Happy i have Pet Insurance

I took out pet insurance when we first got our kelpie who is now 2.5 years old and for our Maltese x who is 11 months as had older dogs in the past and wished i had taken out pet insurance and I haven’t had any problem making a claim and i have been with this company since our pups were eight nine weeks old

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months

The service is exellent

I felt the policy was very good and the person I spoke to was very helpful. It was very well explained to me. I have not made a claim yet.

Hi Lorraine,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am pleased to hear of the great service that you have received and that we can provide you with cover that is suitable to yours and your pet’s needs.

Michael

MichaelMurrumbidgee Region, NSW

Service was excellent

I have had funeral insurance for some years and that is why i got pet insurance, the service was excellent an i will be telling some of my friends about this

Karin

KarinSydney, NSW

Good cover isn’t cheap

I was setting up the policy online, my phone rang. It was an officer who talked me through the process. The policy has not been emailed yet. Snail mail soon?

Hi Karin,
I understand our team has resent the email for you. Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you need further assistance.

Paul

PaulPerth, WA

It covers everything I need to look after,.

I haven't had to claim yet but I'm happy with it and have already recommended it to friends and family, when I have been in contact with them in the course of things.

Hi Paul,
What a great review. I am delighted to hear that your policy has everything you were looking for in pet insurance. Thank you for recommending us to your friends and family.
Sharon

Great value policy and informative consultation professional and caring

Excellent sales person kind and considerate and very informative and helpful indeed- I could not fault her professionalism and enthusiasm and attention to detail and to meeting our needs and wishes

Hi Haje,
Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful review with us. I am thrilled to hear of the excellent service that you have received and that we can provide you with cover that is suitable to your needs.

Valerie

ValerieDarling Downs, QLD

The Cat

I have been with the company for 2 years. I had no trouble making a claim for The Cat's visit to the vet. Senior's Pet insurance was diligent in notifying me of receipt, assessment and refund.

Pet Type(s) InsuredCat
Claim DateJune 2019

Hi Valerie,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am pleased to hear that we have been able to assist with your claim, when needed and that you enjoyed the updates provided.

Helen

HelenSouth Australia

New policy

Only just applied, had no complaints so far Hope it is value for money. Easy to set up . First time with the company. Can’t say any more because only joined today

Hi Helen,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am pleased to hear that we have been able to assist with setting up your policy and it is a pleasure to have you join the Australian Seniors community.

Jen S

Jen SHobart, TAS

Professional, so easy to deal with and good value!

My policy was easy to set up and the people so helpful. Making a claim on my pet insurance was so easy. Just what you need when you’re already feeling stressed!

Hi Jen S.,
It is heart-warming to hear of the professional service you have received when setting up this policy and that making a claim has been done with ease. Thank you for sharing your experience with others.

Marie Francoise

Marie FrancoiseWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

New policy

Just call today and took the policy . The girl was very good and explain everything. Hopefully will be very happy with the policy . I can’t say anything else yet . Thankd

Hi Marie,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. We are thrilled that you have chosen Australian Seniors to provide you with the peace of mind, knowing that your pets are covered.

K.....

K.....

Very poor

Most things you are likely to claim for are not covered. Also an unreasonable amount of detail about pets life health history was required. We submitted everything we had for the life of the animal since birth and it was still not enough. Our vet was harassed for details not pertinent to the treatment of the animal. If the animal is a rescue you are really in trouble. We have decided to cancel the policy and start an account with our vet.

Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateJanuary 2019

Heather

HeatherPerth, WA

Great service and peace of mind for ourselves and our beloved pet Joey

The policy was set up over the phone without issue
Our claims have always been paid promptly by cheque although we prefer payment direct to our bank account if possible.
We have been with the insurance company since providing a home for Joey in December 2018

Claim DateFebruary 2019

Hi Heather,
Thank you for your kind review and your feedback. It is a pleasure to hear that we can provide you suitable cover and peace of mind for your beloved Joey.

Michael S

Michael Sasked

Does this Policy cover snake bite? What is the policy excess?thank you

Hi Michael,
Thank you for reaching out to us with your query. To qualify for cover, the accidental injury must have occurred during the policy period and result in snake bite toxicity. We do not currently charge an excess for any of our pet insurance policies. If you would like to discuss this further, please send me a private message with your best contact number and I will arrange for one of our team members to contact you.

Lyn
Lyn

Hi Michael,
I think you have got your answers, snake bite is covered and there is no excess. The full policy can be found online. For more information phone 1300 794 915, Regards Lyn

BevG

BevGasked

Pet Insurance - Top Accident & Illness Cover

Cost for 3mth old mini Dachshund for the Essential Cover

Hi BevG.
Thank you for your question. To obtain a quote for your mini Dachshund, can you kindly reply with your contact details and I will have a team member contact you to assist with your query. Alternatively, you can go to our website https://www.seniors.com.au/pet-insurance to obtain a quote.

kathryn b.

kathryn b.asked

Do you cover vet visits

Hi Kathryn b.,
Thank you for your enquiry. You can claim for consultations in relation to eligible vet bills covered under your policy. The benefit limit for consultation fees is stated on your certificate of insurance. For more information, please visit our website https://www.seniors.com.au/pet-insurance or kindly send a private message and I can arrange for a team member to contact you about your query.
Sharon

Get an answer from our members and Australian Seniors Insurance Agency representatives

Australian Seniors Pet Insurance - Top Accident & Illness Cover

Australian Seniors Pet Insurance - Top Accident & Illness Cover

Australian Seniors Pet Insurance - Essential Accident & Illness Cover

Australian Seniors Pet Insurance - Essential Accident & Illness Cover

Australian Seniors Pet Insurance - Accident Only Cover

Australian Seniors Pet Insurance - Accident Only Cover

CategoryPet InsurancePet InsurancePet Insurance
Contact Number 1300 674 5901300 674 5901300 674 590
Email Address service@seniors.com.auservice@seniors.com.auservice@seniors.com.au
UnderwriterHollardHollardHollard
Annual Benefit Limit$12,000$12,000$12,000
Amount of Vet Bill CoveredUp to 80%Up to 75%Up to 80%
Minimum Pet Age 8 weeks8 weeks8 weeks
Accidental Injury CoverIncludedIncludedIncluded
Illness CoverIncludedIncludedNot Included
Routine Care CoverIncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Tick Paralysis80% of Vet Expenses75% of Vet Expenses80% of Vet Expenses
Emergency Boarding FeesIncluded (you must be the sole carer and hospitalised for 5 or more consecutive days)Included (you must be the sole carer and hospitalised for 5 or more consecutive days)Included (you must be the sole carer and hospitalised for 5 or more consecutive days)
Lifetime Cover IncludedIncludedIncluded