Australian Stock Report

Australian Stock Report

Michael Kilroy
Michael KilroySydney, NSW

Load of rubbish. No response or call after sign up.

Promised training I got nothing. Promised a call didn’t happen. I have paid the money and it’s a complete waste. It sounded good but I don’t really understand the software, I was told I would have video training. Saxon was supposed to be my contact but I have heard nothing from him at all.

Not the product I was looking for

The staff could not have been more helpful, however, this is not the product I was wanting. I was walked through the process, but did not understand that the main focus was on international share markets, which were not on my agenda

Kiro
KiroGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Pushy and Rude

I received a call from one of them and the guy on the phone try to sell me a product, very pushy and insisted me to look at their HALO product. After I kept telling I'm not interested (I was being polite as well) and he just hung up on me. I was with them previously because I got mislead into it. Their product hardly deliver and expensive.

UselessHalo
UselessHalo

Better value elsewhere

Hardly any new recommendations. Charts are totally inadequate and lots of very important indicators missing Useless for serious investors/trader
No proper glossary
void of definition or how to use guide for hakey shakey

Difficult platform - very pushy misleading salesman - useless to me

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
JeffGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

High Pressure selling tactics

I was a little interested in this service, attended a few webinars and did not expect the high pressure to sign up to their newsletters. A good service should sell itself. The guy was relentless and I eventually had to hang up- he just wouldn't listen. This really made me question their ethics.

Peter
Peter

Extremely hostile response when I refused to join up

Sharon
SharonGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

One star for macrovue

Do not waste your money on macrovue. Compared to the other platform I use for international trading, there is a distinct lack of investor tools and a lack of transparency in its reporting. Intetactions with customer service have proved frustrating.

Beemer
BeemerRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Unreliable, Poor Communication, Refund Difficult

Find out how Australian Stock Report compares to other Financial Services

Do not waste your money with this company

I was charged for a service I never agreed too. After much discussion it was agreed I would get a refund but a month later I am still waiting. As for their training -they promise too ring at a certain time but never do.
Be very careful with this lot as for me they have proved very untrustworthy

Dgrif
Dgrif

No, do not even trial

Do not even trial anything from this company. They do not have the ability or good conscience to refund your money in a reasonable time if to do not want the product. They can charge your credit card the instant you say yes, but weeks of phone calls and emails and excuses and still no refund.

John S.
John S.Sydney, NSW

Shoddy results, owner and product

I lost money with all their advice over the last year, gave them a 2nd chance resubscribing and boy what a mistake that was!

Don't sign up, not worth the money.

Lindy S.
Lindy S.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Unprofessional and total ripped off

dan
danSydney, NSW

Terrible

Stephen
StephenFar North Queensland, QLD

Waste of money

I joined the Australian Stock Report for 1 year. They promised me great advice and excellent service. I received poor advice with half the shares going up a little and the other half going down. They said to call us anytime which I did many times only to have the phone ring out. When I finally got through to them they said they were restructuring. I did not review my subscription.
What they promise is nothing like what they deliver. Save your money. Go elsewhere.

See all Australian Stock Report reviews

Cleide P.asked

Is anyone using ASR short term SMS messages of stock to buy/sell?

Jayel

Do you mean the PATS messages?

Cleide P.

I dont know to be honest. It is a membership where ASR will SMS stock to buy/sell for short term trading.

Hi Jayel
yes, i looked in their website and it is called PATS
do you use it? would you recommed?

Mareeasked

How are they performing with MACROVUE please?

Donna

It seems like a great product. More so for buying and selling of international stocks. I have stuck with Comsec. Too much to take in as a new investor in stocks. I will most likely become a Macrovue user. For now, I am less overwhelmed dealing in the ASX.

Maree

Tdhank you Donna, I too have a Comsec account.

Rock chic
Rock chic

Hi Donna
How does Commsecs fees compare for international trades

David Bryars
David Bryarsasked

I was persuaded to try Australian Stock Report on the 2nd Sept. I was looking for a good Portfolio recording management etc facility. The Salesman on the phone was extremely pleasant but very keen to sell me a 'package', he eventually got the better of me by offering a discount (on a thought were exceptionally high fees). I only gave in to try the product when he offered in writing a 60 day money back guarantee.
I have 'tried' the Hala portfolio recording etc part of the offering - nothing special I find - and I have no wish to use any of the other facilities offered.
I have now tried unsuccessfully to take advantage of the money back guarantee but I am not sure how to find the best person in the company to go to to claim my money back.
The original salesman is not interested in answering any emails.
What do you recommend I do? Please.
Regards
[name, contact details and email address removed]

Jeff

found this guy on LinkedIn -Michael Murphy. Sales and operations manager. Might be worth a try
linkedin.com/in/michael-murphy-0816a426

Donna

They come up with strong sell packages. I eventually purchased a two year package in May 2020 for Halo, webinars and their Pats service. I was promised a call from an Advisor during the sale and given a 2 wk money back guarantee. I tried several times to speak with an Advisor with no success. I still have not spoken to an Advisor nor had my phone calls returned. The only calls I receive are marketing calls to upsell on products and services I haven't got. I get these calls from a salesperson offering huge discounts ( an approach taken exactly like their first sale to me), after speaking to their 'Manager'. These calls come immediately after I sit in on one of their weekly Webinars.
I tell them the same msg. I am yet to find value in what I have, why would I spend more?
One person I have had great help from was one of the Salespeople, Simon from their Melbourne office last month. He helped me understand Halo more and how to take advantage of their Pats. And useful info in Macrovue. He also gave me his direct number if I had any other problems even tho, I didn't take up the extra services.
There is so much to learn when investing in stocks for the first time. I have done a lot of reading and worked my way finally all around CBAs commsec which I find useful. I'm getting there, but still feel I jumped too early with that first sale from ASR. DM

Jayel

I too have subscribed for a long period. After the initial flurry of calls, then nothing. No answering of emails or phone calls and all I wanted to know was if there were any training materials for Halo. There is, very basic, home made and not a lot of useful instruction beyond what you can work out for yourself. I recently had some success with contact by joining a webinar and typing my claims of lack of service, set and forget approach, and not worth the money into the webinar questions. I quickly got a phone call and some service. Bomb their webinars is my tip.

See all Australian Stock Report questions