Australian Stock Report

Australian Stock Report

taken for a ride
taken for a rideSydney, NSW

Its a bit of a con

It ended up buying the five year package. Promised my own adviser full training etc. I was given a quick run through the halo system told the online user guide would provide advise on detailed use.
It was very difficult to get a glossary of all the different markers they used so I then went to an "advance traing course" which just turned out to be a sales pitch for them to run Halo for you for another $5k.
Ì then asked to get advise from "MY" advisor, told I would have to transfer my portfolio to them from my existing broker for them to be able to review it.

I have worked out how to use Halo myself and it does have some interesting tools, but I don't think I'm getting anything more than I get from my existing stock broker.

AusssieSmithy
AusssieSmithyAU

ASR Halo and Macroview

DonnaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Promise the world, deliver little

Had to go to Motley Fool to get what I needed. Feel I have been ripped off. I paid 2yrs subscription then was forgotten about. I want a refund please. Have requested 3 times for a call back from an advisor. No call back. Have been doing well on my own thanks to Motley Fool. But Australian Stock Report has been terrible.

Financial Services

Find out how Australian Stock Report compares to other Financial Services

Ray

I have lost confidence in the product

Before the end of my trial (in which I decided the package was inappropriate for me), I was given the opportunity of extending the trial until Xmas.
Before Xmas, I requested my subscription not to be set up expecting my monies to be returned according to our arrangements.
To date, I have not received any recognition whatsoever. Today, I sent my third email. I shall keep readers informed.

See all Australian Stock Report reviews

Cleide P.asked

Is anyone using ASR short term SMS messages of stock to buy/sell?

Jayel

Do you mean the PATS messages?

Cleide P.

I dont know to be honest. It is a membership where ASR will SMS stock to buy/sell for short term trading.

Hi Jayel
yes, i looked in their website and it is called PATS
do you use it? would you recommed?

Mareeasked

How are they performing with MACROVUE please?

Donna

It seems like a great product. More so for buying and selling of international stocks. I have stuck with Comsec. Too much to take in as a new investor in stocks. I will most likely become a Macrovue user. For now, I am less overwhelmed dealing in the ASX.

Maree

Tdhank you Donna, I too have a Comsec account.

Rock chic
Rock chic

Hi Donna
How does Commsecs fees compare for international trades

David Bryars
David Bryarsasked

I was persuaded to try Australian Stock Report on the 2nd Sept. I was looking for a good Portfolio recording management etc facility. The Salesman on the phone was extremely pleasant but very keen to sell me a 'package', he eventually got the better of me by offering a discount (on a thought were exceptionally high fees). I only gave in to try the product when he offered in writing a 60 day money back guarantee.
I have 'tried' the Hala portfolio recording etc part of the offering - nothing special I find - and I have no wish to use any of the other facilities offered.
I have now tried unsuccessfully to take advantage of the money back guarantee but I am not sure how to find the best person in the company to go to to claim my money back.
The original salesman is not interested in answering any emails.
What do you recommend I do? Please.
Regards
[name, contact details and email address removed]

Jeff
Jeff

found this guy on LinkedIn -Michael Murphy. Sales and operations manager. Might be worth a try
linkedin.com/in/michael-murphy-0816a426

Donna

They come up with strong sell packages. I eventually purchased a two year package in May 2020 for Halo, webinars and their Pats service. I was promised a call from an Advisor during the sale and given a 2 wk money back guarantee. I tried several times to speak with an Advisor with no success. I still have not spoken to an Advisor nor had my phone calls returned. The only calls I receive are marketing calls to upsell on products and services I haven't got. I get these calls from a salesperson offering huge discounts ( an approach taken exactly like their first sale to me), after speaking to their 'Manager'. These calls come immediately after I sit in on one of their weekly Webinars.
I tell them the same msg. I am yet to find value in what I have, why would I spend more?
One person I have had great help from was one of the Salespeople, Simon from their Melbourne office last month. He helped me understand Halo more and how to take advantage of their Pats. And useful info in Macrovue. He also gave me his direct number if I had any other problems even tho, I didn't take up the extra services.
There is so much to learn when investing in stocks for the first time. I have done a lot of reading and worked my way finally all around CBAs commsec which I find useful. I'm getting there, but still feel I jumped too early with that first sale from ASR. DM

Jayel

I too have subscribed for a long period. After the initial flurry of calls, then nothing. No answering of emails or phone calls and all I wanted to know was if there were any training materials for Halo. There is, very basic, home made and not a lot of useful instruction beyond what you can work out for yourself. I recently had some success with contact by joining a webinar and typing my claims of lack of service, set and forget approach, and not worth the money into the webinar questions. I quickly got a phone call and some service. Bomb their webinars is my tip.

See all Australian Stock Report questions