Australian Stock Report

Australian Stock Report

Tracy.
Tracy.North Queensland, QLD

Great experience.

Joel Hicks and his team have been brilliant, with professional advice and the macrovue system has been easy to navigate. Updates informative and information accessible. My advisors have been in regular contact.

Competent

My advisor for Australian Stock Report's "Macrovue" (Phillip Aries) has given advice that has led to profitable positions. Moreover he listens, gives reasons for his recommendations and is not pushy. Robert.

JayelSydney, NSW

Initial issues have been resolved with a team of professional people interested in making sure that their clients achieve the best from the HALO system. Training, tech support, advice and follow up service has been great. This is a good system with new version making an even better user experience. I am very pleased with the response to earlier issues and look forward to using HALO to its full extent in my trading decisions. Particular thanks to the HALO service manager, Gareth, Jason and Brendan.

Financial Services

Find out how Australian Stock Report compares to other Financial Services

Peter
PeterSydney, NSW

I hope this discount offer is as good as it sounds, time will tell

Too soon to give a realistic review, but my introduction to Halo was very impressive. I have already been given a few growth shares recommendations .

When signing up I was offered a good price discount, but no time to consider properly. If I did not pay the card on the day, there was no discount. This selling attitude should be changed.

Good service for the general retail investor

I have a lifetime membership to the investing and trading reports and I have been with ASR for approx. 4 years. I have found them to be very useful to help identify stocks to trade with their informative research and easy to use website. Their daily market reports and weekly webinars are very detailed and informative and covers the general financial headlines around the world in an easy to read format. Their reccomendations have generally been good but its best to use your own judgement like any financial service. I would reccommend them for a general retail investor.

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending

New Trade ideas

Mina K bought to my attention that ASR are issuing a new trade idea emails. These appear to be fine reports. It was a pleasure speaking to Mina about the product. he was very knowledgeable about the product.

vernon w.
vernon w.

ASR and Halo.

I am reading the ASR daily and find it very helpful and keeps me focused on my portfolio.
The more I use Halo the better it gets. It is a very useful tool.

Leo
LeoSouth East Queensland, QLD

A great help for the “Do it yourself” investor.

Support good, information good. Investing for ones self can be very lonely with all the emotions involved so to gain confidence we need good information, good information and more good information.
We need that slight edge which AFR’s Helo can supply to research stocks. I use it in conjunction with simplywall.st and a charting program app Netdania.
This is not a tipping service but the bottom line, with work, Helo can help to give you that slight edge.
Enjoy Leo

Oscar Gottfried
Oscar GottfriedGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

I had only excellent experiences

I dealt 2 years with one of their senior advisers and am very happy with them. for quite a few years I am
an "Amateur"investor and 2 years ago I found out that I was one. The excellent advice, careful looking after my portfolio, ringing me when something needs to be adjusted was what I was looking for
This is voluntary, unsolicited review.

Oscar Gottfried, Melbourne

Financial Services

Find out how Australian Stock Report compares to other Financial Services

MichaelThompson'41
MichaelThompson'41Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

reliable and easy to follow

Iv been with the Australian stock report since August last year and so far my portfolio is UP over 15%. I can't recommend these guys enough. To compared this to what I was getting from my financial adviser (who was charging me $8000 a year!) that saw my portfolio increase by 9% last financial year. I know it has not yet been a full year but I am very impressed with the results so far. Not many recommendations but that suit me just fine as I am not an overly active trader.

See all Australian Stock Report reviews

Cleide P.asked

Is anyone using ASR short term SMS messages of stock to buy/sell?

Jayel

Do you mean the PATS messages?

Cleide P.

I dont know to be honest. It is a membership where ASR will SMS stock to buy/sell for short term trading.

Hi Jayel
yes, i looked in their website and it is called PATS
do you use it? would you recommed?

Mareeasked

How are they performing with MACROVUE please?

Donna

It seems like a great product. More so for buying and selling of international stocks. I have stuck with Comsec. Too much to take in as a new investor in stocks. I will most likely become a Macrovue user. For now, I am less overwhelmed dealing in the ASX.

Maree

Tdhank you Donna, I too have a Comsec account.

Rock chic
Rock chic

Hi Donna
How does Commsecs fees compare for international trades

David Bryars
David Bryarsasked

I was persuaded to try Australian Stock Report on the 2nd Sept. I was looking for a good Portfolio recording management etc facility. The Salesman on the phone was extremely pleasant but very keen to sell me a 'package', he eventually got the better of me by offering a discount (on a thought were exceptionally high fees). I only gave in to try the product when he offered in writing a 60 day money back guarantee.
I have 'tried' the Hala portfolio recording etc part of the offering - nothing special I find - and I have no wish to use any of the other facilities offered.
I have now tried unsuccessfully to take advantage of the money back guarantee but I am not sure how to find the best person in the company to go to to claim my money back.
The original salesman is not interested in answering any emails.
What do you recommend I do? Please.
Regards
[name, contact details and email address removed]

Jeff
Jeff

found this guy on LinkedIn -Michael Murphy. Sales and operations manager. Might be worth a try
linkedin.com/in/michael-murphy-0816a426

Donna

They come up with strong sell packages. I eventually purchased a two year package in May 2020 for Halo, webinars and their Pats service. I was promised a call from an Advisor during the sale and given a 2 wk money back guarantee. I tried several times to speak with an Advisor with no success. I still have not spoken to an Advisor nor had my phone calls returned. The only calls I receive are marketing calls to upsell on products and services I haven't got. I get these calls from a salesperson offering huge discounts ( an approach taken exactly like their first sale to me), after speaking to their 'Manager'. These calls come immediately after I sit in on one of their weekly Webinars.
I tell them the same msg. I am yet to find value in what I have, why would I spend more?
One person I have had great help from was one of the Salespeople, Simon from their Melbourne office last month. He helped me understand Halo more and how to take advantage of their Pats. And useful info in Macrovue. He also gave me his direct number if I had any other problems even tho, I didn't take up the extra services.
There is so much to learn when investing in stocks for the first time. I have done a lot of reading and worked my way finally all around CBAs commsec which I find useful. I'm getting there, but still feel I jumped too early with that first sale from ASR. DM

Jayel

I too have subscribed for a long period. After the initial flurry of calls, then nothing. No answering of emails or phone calls and all I wanted to know was if there were any training materials for Halo. There is, very basic, home made and not a lot of useful instruction beyond what you can work out for yourself. I recently had some success with contact by joining a webinar and typing my claims of lack of service, set and forget approach, and not worth the money into the webinar questions. I quickly got a phone call and some service. Bomb their webinars is my tip.

See all Australian Stock Report questions