44 questions from our users

Janice Hamilton

Janice Hamiltonasked

Hi,
I would like to purchase a X6 BMW, years, 2009 to 2013. I have been advised to look at vehicle warranties which I have done only to find that there is a sealing on the amount they are prepared to pay for a repair. If for example a gearbox on a X6 BMW was to fail $3000 will not be a sufficient amount of money to cover the repair.
Can you help me please with alternatives available

Hi Janice,

AWN has a wide variety of breakdown insurance products available to suit your coverage requirements and budget. The product that offers the highest level of coverage is our Extension Mechanical Breakdown Insurance (claim up to the market value of the vehicle); you can review this product and others by going to our website: www.awninsurance.com.au

AWN’s breakdown insurance products are only available to be purchased through our 3000 selected licensed and authorised agents; motor dealerships, caravan dealerships, motorbike dealerships, finance brokers etc. throughout Australia.

Prior to purchasing a breakdown insurance product please insure you read and understand the Product Disclosure Statement. A (PDS) contains all the information you require to make an informed decision whether the product you are considering is the right product for you.

Faizan K.

Faizan K.asked

Hi People,
I just bought BMW 3 series from pickle and they are trying to sell me 5 years extended warranty. The one very rigid term of warranty is that " Car should be serviced each after 6 months or 10k kms which ever comes first. My question is if I don`t do too many Kms in six months and service is not even due then do I still have to go to Dealer and get the service done for no reason. Is it worth it to have a warranty cover if you have to maintain unnecessary record of service in order to keep your warranty and do not want it to be voided.

Please help me to find out whether I should go with warranty or leave it because keeping the warranty up to date cost you as well.

Hi Faizan,
Thank you for the question.
We offer many products and services, these products will differ in coverage options, claim limits and terms and conditions. The service schedule listed in each product type is what is required to be completed to comply with that specific policy. We also list within the policy terms and conditions an additional allowance over and above the required service schedule, please see your policy type for more information. AWN also provides you the flexibility to have your vehicle services carried out at a licensed workshop of your choice, its only when you have a claim related problem we will direct you to an AWN approve repairer..

To help you make an informed decision, the best place to go to do some research on the cover options and review the terms and conditions is our website: go to, www.awninsurance.com.au. You will be able to download and review sample Mechanical Breakdown product documents (PDS).

Prior to purchasing a AWN mechanical breakdown product please ensure you read and understand the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS). A PDS contains all the information you require to make an informed decision whether the mechanical breakdown insurance you are considering is the right product for you.

If you would like further information on a specific product please call us on 07 38025577, one of our team members will be able to assist you.

Kennasked

HI, I was just about to take out your breakdown warranty through pickles when I saw that he conditions included getting the Audi serviced every 10000 kms or 6 months, which is far more frequent than the recommended intervals (15,000 kms and 12 months). also required uploading the invoices for some reason to your WWW site. Can you confirm that the manufacturers recommended servicing is OK?

david d
david d

Hi ken, i dont work for AWN but have had excelent service with them, personally i have no issues with a slightly higher service routine as it only extends the service life of your car and combined with the routine services by audi, its probably only 2 or 3 extra services over the life of the contract. Uploading the service documents only takes a few seconds and can be done from your phone, sorry i can only talk on a personal level, but i found it very handy when a break down actually happens.

Kenn

Thanks for that David - very helpful to hear your first hand advice.
I was keen to find out the position of AWN as the requirement (a) exceeds the manufacturer recommended intervals and (b) would result in an extra 5 services each at $400-$800 from Audi. Hopefully AWN will reply and confirm the manufacturer servicing is acceptable

Hi Kenn,
Thank you for the question.

Nathan

Nathanasked

Hi there,
How do I purchase AWN mechanical breakdown insurance if I have purchased a used car privately?

Hi Nathan,

AWN do not sell direct to the public, our breakdown insurance products are only available to be purchased through our 3000 selected licensed and authorised agents; motor dealerships, caravan dealerships, motorbike dealerships, finance brokers etc. throughout Australia.

If you would like to call us on 07 38025577 and we can direct you to an authorised agent that can assist you in the purchase of a new breakdown insurance.

Rob

Robasked

Mechanical Breakdown Insurance

Looking at buying a Merc Benz 1985 280 CE one owner (said to be deceased estate} from a major Melbourne dealer with RWC and Club permit plates to issue. Vehicle has 255000km recorded has service records and some service invoices . Vehicle appears to have been accident free and clean for a 35 yo car. Please advise the premium for 12 months to cover mechanical breakdown Rob

Hi Rob,

The Voice

The Voiceasked

I would also like to know - if the car is owned by me but breaks down while my son is driving it , can he contact you for roadside assistance or tow?

Hi The Voice,

The roadside assistance coverage is on the listed vehicle, so it would not be a problem for any of your family members to call for assistance if the covered vehicle needed a tow. You can call AWN roadside assist on: 188-651-111

The Voice

The Voiceasked

I would like to know why a customer has the inconvenience of having to call a Queensland 07 landline number instead of a free 1300 number or 1800 whichever. If your calling from your mobile from say Perth it would cost a fortune ????

Hi The Voice,
Thank you for your question.
We have many available options for our customers to contact us, some of the most popular ways are listed below;
- Calling us direct
- Messaging us through our website
- Emailing us direct

Scott
Scott

Don’t know

Hi Virg,

We have approximately 3000 agents throughout Australia and New Zealand, Coverit Solutions are an Australian agent of AWN. I hope this helps.

Kevin Carter
Kevin Carter

Hi Virg
If you all contact all caravan & RV dealer some will have access to this as well or contact AWN direct for a dealer near you.
Cheers
Kevin

Gillian Shasked

My name is Gillian L Shields
I purchased a Honda CRV Wagon yesterday 05/07/2019 which has a 12 month mechanical warranty with you. Do I submit info now or when I get the car serviced in six month? I purchased the car from ,
Kent Shelford Auto Group, 515 Alice Street Maryborough Qld 4650

Hi Gillian,

The agent would have submitted to us a copy of the policy that was given to you at the point of sale . When you get your vehicle serviced as per the service schedule stated in your policy, for your connivence, you can lodge your service details via our website "Submit Service" https://www.awninsurance.com.au/WarrantySearch.aspx

Gillian Sh

Thank you for your quick reply, it is much appreciated.
Regards Gillian

Kally C.

Kally C.asked

How do I become a member

Hi Kelly,

Thank you for asking. You can become an AWN policy holder by purchasing an AWN insurance or roadside assistance product from one of our agents located through out Australia. For more information on AWN, our products and services, go to: www.awninsurance.com.au

Moffat

Moffatasked

What proportion of car insurance claims are paid?

Steve

Steveasked

I'm interested in taking out a policy like yours for my next car. However, nearly all the reviews here are by people who have just joined productreview.com and are making there very first review. Why is that the case?

Hi Steve,

Thank you for your question.
We cannot definitively know why people are deciding to use review sites, and we have not conducted any research into how many reviews customers are making, what industries etc. etc. We are purely focused on the specific reviews and feedback customers are posting about AWN on this site. To date the feedback from customers via these reviews have been invaluable, as such AWN is happy to promote the Product Review site to our current and future customers.

If you are considering purchasing an insurance product: Prior to purchasing an insurance product please insure you read and understand the Product Disclosure Statement. A (PDS) contains all the information you require to make an informed decision whether the product you are considering is the right product for you.

All the best,

Alisha D.

Alisha D.asked

The warranty company has been amazing since buying our car we have had nothing but problems but the warranty company have listen and worked with us to get our car fixed at first it was the gear box next was the alternator and then starter motor but each time iv rang up the warranty company they listen not like other warranty company’s

Hi Alisha,

Thank you for your support, we appreciate your positive feedback.

Marco

Marcoasked

Why my review didn't show up here?
My name is Marco Furlan dos Reis and my policy number is SW288146

Hi Marco,

The Product Review website is an independent website, AWN does not have the ability to approve, decline or to edit the reviews submitted to this website. The best course of action would be to contact the Product Review team direct.

You can see more information on the Product Review process here: https://www.productreview.com.au/i/trust-centre

Halley W.

Halley W.asked

Is balmarring motors an awn approved

Hi Halley,

Call us on 07 3802-5577 so we can discuss what assistance you require. Depending on the problem, we can direct you in to the appropriate specialist closest to you. i.e. mechanical, electrical, air-conditioning, steering etc.

Peter

Peterasked

Does your comprehensive car insurance cover wiring damage caused by rats/mice ?

Hi Peter,

Generally speaking this would be covered as it could be considered accidental damage but each individual incident would be assessed on its merits subject to the chosen cover, terms, conditions and exclusions.

Anthony

Anthonyasked

I’m with a company that has AWN as our roadside assistance and my work vehicle is registered with you but but my present phone isn’t linked to AWN, I do have the password required for my vehicle but I can’t download the app to proceed, do you have a phone number I could ring someone to get roadside assistance please ?

Cheers Tony

Hi Tony,

If you would like to call us on 07 38025577, one of our team members will be able to assist you.

swrll

swrllasked

Can i buy this when my warranty runs out?

Ian L
Ian L

I believe you can but check with AWN. I personally would consider the age of my vehicle and its history before I would.

Hi Swrll,

Ken

Kenasked

Price for warranty on Subaru Forester 2003 model kilometres 240000

Hi Ken,

Suniasked

Why is my Audi front door locking system not included in the warranty?

Hi Suni,

We have a wide variety of mechanical breakdown products with different levels of claim limits and covered components. If the components that have failed in your vehicle are listed in your chosen mechanical breakdown cover, they would be covered.

If you are unsure, just give us a call on 07 38025577 and we would be happy to assist you. For more information on our products and services, visit our website: www.awninsurance.com.au

Dear

I called your 1800 number and was informed that the car door lock is not included even thought it is an electrical issue.

The car windows are included in the warranty and so is electrical shut I was informed not door electrical. How the two any difffernet?

Hi Suni,

We don't have a 1800 number, our phone number is 07 38025577.
So we can identify you as an AWN customer and the type of mechanical breakdown product you purchased, could you please email claims@awninsurance.com.au and include your name, policy number, vehicle registration number and a brief description of your claim problem.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Get an answer from our members and Australian Warranty Network representatives