AustralianSuper

AustralianSuper (page 2 of 22)

See the Best Industry Super Funds in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for AustralianSuper? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Rates and Fees
Daryl
DarylFar North Queensland, QLD

Hopeless!

Brand new account, they recieved my cheques via tracked post aver a week ago and still they haven't put them into my account. Takes 3-5 minutes of menu obstacles just to be put on hold to wait to talk to someone. Go somewhere else if you are smart.

DarrenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Nefarious company. No duty of care. Money hungry for business profit not people health.

insurance claims ends up with lawyers. Your a disgrace to members. failed in duty of care . Would pay lawyers before helping a member with mental health issues. Left me homless.

Android_Not_Enjoyed
Android_Not_EnjoyedSydney, NSW

Bad fund management expensive insurance premiums

Upon registering with Australian Super I was asked to choose my profession and as the list didn't come brain my actual job, I chose the closest one possible. Based on this, the system determined I had a rating of Standard which more than doubled my premiums from my previous Super. In three months I paid almost as much insurance as with AMP. No human called me to verify at any part of the process. After three months I noticed what happened and after ONE MONTH they finally did something about it. And of course they charged that month on the old premium and offered no refund.
Their fund performance is poor. My friends who signed up with other providers are achieving much better results.

Find out how AustralianSuper compares to other Industry Super Funds

Worst service, they are horrible.

SO much back and forth just for me to consolidate my super, after sending through a certified copy of my birth certificate they say it can't be accepted because the certifier didn't print their full name!? This certified copy has been accepted by other services but these assholes want to make life so much more difficult. I've sent documents back and forth to them hoping that it would be the last I have to deal with them but there's always a new problem that arises. I can't wait to close this account, do yourself a favour and don't sign up with Aus super, based on the many bad reviews I can understand why people are frustrated with this organisation.

A group of useless people.

It’s just another large Australian organisation with no integrity being run by greed. After leading me on by sending me multiple emails with disjointed instructions, they delayed a payout until I rang them every day for four days. Even then they didn’t put it through the day they said they would. Deception and dishonesty. Evil people.

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
NLR
NLRSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very happy since we moved to AU Super from a different fund.

kim k.
kim k.Sydney, NSW

They don't honor Australian citizens nominated as benefactors. Father to only son but foreign estranged wife put 1st.

Jen
JenSydney

The worst worst worst service or lack of ever

I can't give them even 1 star.....oh my goodness..... the worst most frustrating experience with any organization....or l should say...disorganization, l have ever ever experienced. Do yourself a favor have nothing to do with them. I have been waiting for transition to retirement account money for 3 MONTHS....THAT'S RIGHT 3 MONTHS. They got my account mixed up with somebody else. I can't even get into my own account. I'm currently waiting to get a verification code to get into my account.....I've been trying for 30 minutes......l want to scream. It will be interesting to hear what the ACCC have to say

rollopost
rollopostPerth, WA

Member direct: The worst broker i have ever tried and i have tried quite a few.

10 years. Expensive fees. Member direct so limited in instruments and lacks basic capability eg place a limit order. Target price in mind, forget it. Anything outside the top 200, forget it

wilco318
wilco318Gippsland, VIC

Difficult

First up I am a little frustrated, I have applied for a choice income account income stream. They seem to throw up all sorts of obstacles in your way and all sorts of extra forms to fill in and there is weeks between each communication. It's been really frustrating to deal with them.

Christine
ChristineMelbourne

Customer service seems to be 'we hate customers'

Moved to Aus super when I had to move from my company run fund .
People told me Aus super was great...well until I tried to move to a SMSF. They put so many obstacles in the way and try desperately to hang onto your money. It is almost impossible to move it.
They have also changed the way you contact them to ensure you cannot contact them. Live chat is busy. Email un monitored. Phone line 30 mins + wait time. Website form submission does not work- it is new and would appear to be not tested

Mummy Walrus
Mummy Walrus

What a frustrating experience!!!

I have been with HESTA for 13 years. Every time I have had a health crisis, there is always some excuse why I am unable to access income protection insurance or other financial help. Recently, I have tried to roll my super over to another fund. What a frustrating experience!!! HESTA are constantly requesting more paperwork from me and now they are saying that my new fund has made a mistake with my membership number when I requested an electronic roll over. Furthermore, this all started on 23/12/2020 and it says on the website it takes 3-7 days to process. I've also spent heaps of time in queues on the phone. The worst super fund in Australia.

arcadia10
arcadia10Perth, WA

So far, very happy!

Rates and Fees
Amanda O
Amanda OSydney

Absolutely terrible in every way possible

JCR
JCR

The Worst Super Fund I ve been with.

Harris
HarrisSouth East Queensland, QLD

Income Protection trick

Mel
MelSouth East Queensland, QLD

Its not perfect but finally resolved, very grateful!

Not customer centric. Waste of time

My husband transferred his super fund and tried to add the insurance policies. Had to go through tedious paper-based application process and we heard nothing for weeks UNTIL you called them then they mentioned things missing in the application. Waste of our time

Terrance Drayson
Terrance DraysonSydney, NSW

Australian Super -actually I like them...

Try To Get Your Super Out And They Will Block You Every Step Of The Way

Their systems are amazing... for holding YOUR money.
They will make you jump through every hoop in the book to get your money out.
Never again will I use this company.

glendone
glendoneGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good returns. Competitive insurance rates. Lousy service.

Scott
ScottSouth East Queensland, QLD

Appalling Company, UNTRUSTWORTHY. covered up security breaches. DO NOT TRUST

SURENDER S.
SURENDER S.Sydney, NSW

worst company when it comes to customer service

12 years with this company
-10 satisfied
i have applied for name change. australian super has been one of the worst company i have ever dealt with, does't send me email or contact me regarding what extra should i do or what extra form i needed . when i contact them to ask for the process, they say the time frame has finished. this is the 6th time i am trying to change my name. i have done everything legally but this company is not listening to me even though i am paying admin fee and the other fees. please check records and update my details. everytime i talk to or chat with someone from aussuper, they change their story and ask for more document or different documents. seems like company doesn't provide training to staff.

Paul
PaulGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Poor customer service compared to other funds

I have experience with three industry funds and Australian super is the worst by far in terms of assistance and customer service. I wanted some advice but all they wanted to do was put me on to a contractor who wanted to charge me for advice that I could get from my previous funds for free. I will be moving my funds from Australian Super very soon.

Jason F.
Jason F.South East Queensland, QLD

Thieves

Thieves absolute thieves, don't waste your hard earned money on these grubs.Had a small amount in super with these thieves and when i went roll it over it was all gone.

AKSasked

How is the customer service of Australian Super managed fund. The key is their long wait times on phone , it is always > 20 minutes !

Is this the case with every caller?

Why then , it is called the best Super fund on Canstar site??

Kaz

Any business can pay a fee to Canstar to gain x amount of stars and ‘best of’ ratings including gold silver bronze. Not a reliable truth at all.
Finder.com for finance sujects, this very product review and choice review for bit of everything subjects, and trip advisor and smart traveller for accommodation, restaurants, sites and tourism.

AKS

I agree with this but there should be some way to get a true impartial reviews!

Tom G.
Tom G.asked

I was with AGEST until it was taken over by AusSuper in 2013. Total fees went up but I stayed with it. Net returns seem OK but I haven't gone into this topic as deeply as I should have.

I'm now stuck overseas because of the pandemic and earlier this year applied to convert my super account to a pension account (I was 70). AusSuper couldn't have made it more difficult if their primary aim had been to hang on to members' cash for as long as possible and defer cash outflows in the form of pension payments. After months of frustration and providing additional documents, the application was finally approved.

That application approval email welcomed me as a new member of AusSuper. Yet I had been a member since 2013. Not altogether surprising though since during the entire saga I had received a couple of emails from "Austrailian Super'. Logging onto my online account, I now keep getting told that there won't be any details available until they receive my money. They have had my money since 2013 so where is it now? Consequently, I would be reluctant to say that the company's customer service and administration is top-notch.

I'm now having second thoughts about leaving my hard-earned cash with this lot. Can anyone recommend a better industry super fund?

Kaz

Well Tom, for a start, why are you even still alive at 70?? I thought thats what COVID and the vaccine was for - getting rid of all us ‘oldies’ (that is anyone at 50 or so it seems lol!) And I am a registered nurse!! Like I have said previously most super funds are six of one and half a dozen of the other. At the end of the day they are there to make money for shareholders and double tax for the government. And if they do that well, thats some hellava bonus for the top dogs. Seriously, good luck and I am so sorry for your situation.

David B.
David B.asked

How long will an approved payment for financial hardship to be in my account

Kaz

When you starve to death David, and die as a homeless person. Then whoever is to inherit your super can go through their very own nightmare with your AustralianSuper benefit until they die of waiting too. BUT how quick are they if the shoe is on the other foot? If you owe them something they are all over it. If you are half a day late paying insurance fees - that's it - insurances cancelled. And all my insurances change figures every month??. Only account keeping/service fees are consistent - albeit a waste, cause you right now (or a couple of months ago) are/were needing some account service. Honestly, WTH. Worse thing is all super mobs are the same - its all about the shareholders and big wig bonuses!! Good luck cause they will eventually get to you!

Other Industry Super Funds