AustralianSuper

AustralianSuper (page 4 of 22)

See the Best Industry Super Funds in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for AustralianSuper? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Rates and Fees
MFS
MFSHobart, TAS

All your funds have been withdrawn

I got a letter from AustralianSuper saying that I couldn't claim a deduction for contributions as all my funds had been withdrawn. The problem being I have not withdrawn any funds.

When I called customer support they advised someone would look into it and get back to me in the coming weeks...

Completely unacceptable processes, hopefully they haven't wrongfully sent me funds to someone else...

Paddy
PaddySydney, NSW

Customer Service Non Existent

Sadly the issue of Customer Service continues.
I had an ongoing problem with online access, but no one at Australian Super seemed interested in helping.
Unable to talk to anyone outside the call centre, despite indicating I was making plans to remove my funds.
At no time during this period did anyone from Australian Super contact me.

Poor website service, poor customer service, needs entire overhaul.

Got employer number & no temporary password. No reset password because verification emails never arrive. Received letter with employer number, still no password. Letter contained address for employers login...... webpage down.

Christopher
ChristopherPerth, WA

Poor customer culture

Recently I applied to withdraw about 5% of my super from Australian Super.I'm over 65 so thought there would be no problem.I submitted the appropriate form more than two weeks ago with the website promising a response in 5 working days.I got no response.After two weeks and several frustrating phone calls " we can't tell you when you'll receive the money,you'll just have to wait,no I can't put you through to a supervisor" .I have no idea when my funds will be released and no one will tell me.
Australian Super produces good returns but their customer culture is full of the endemic cultural arrogance commonly found in large financial institutions.
Proceed with care.

Banging my head against a brick wall with this lot-No stars

Changed my membership number without informing the customer,sent my personal details to the wrong address!I am receiving the run around with this lot! If I have to clarify my details again with another long winded phone call ,I am going to SCREAM...How did they get it so wrong!

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Steve
SteveRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Cannot trust call centre information

Charles_Galea
Charles_GaleaSydney, NSW

Great disappointment

I transferred my super to these novices just before Christmas. Honestly compared to my previous super group Aus Super has dropped by an extra 15 percent during the pandemic ,and I curse the so called friend who recommended them .
They claim to be biggest.
BIGGEST LOSERS !

Danielle
DanielleGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

John Dixon

Not sure how a person who's company (Redstar Transport) went broke and couldn't pay it's 600 workers a day before Xmas is on the board. Govenment ended up paying the redundancies!

Sandi
SandiSydney, NSW

Stay Away from this Fund

I have tried for a month to transfer my money to another fund which doesn't have huge account fees. I have just spent 54 minutes on the phone saying the same thing that I have said in my past 4 phone calls. They are difficult and obstructive when you are attempting to obtain information regarding transfer.

Appalling customer service

Continually ignored requests for information and would not call back.
Unable to talk to relevant department. Had to wait 6 months for a transfer of funds. Staff rude and disinterested

Suzanne K
Suzanne KSouth East Queensland, QLD

Wish I could give no stars

Their behaviour is borderline criminal. 6 months trying to get my name changed on my account so I can roll over the funds. Despite giving them everything they've asked for, they still haven't done that & continue to stonewall me. Don't give them your money, you'll never get it back!!!

Jess Wood
Jess WoodPerth, WA

Terrible service

Terrible service, have been trying to make a voluntary contribution as an employer for months now. Everytime I call or use the online chat system, I get given different, contradicting information. One week I am an authorised contact, the next week no one can speak with me because I am not. No one seems to know what is going on or is willing to help. Worst experience!

Cathy
CathySouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Disappointing stance on climate

Very disappointed to see that in 2019 Australia's biggest superannuation fund reduced its support for climate-related proposals compared to previous years ('Two Steps Forward, One Step Back', ACCR). A secure retirement is as much about a safe and secure place to live as it is about money. "At BHP's annual meeting last year, AustralianSuper, Unisuper and Mercer were the only three funds to vote against a resolution that asked the mining giant to exit memberships of lobby groups considered to undermine the Paris Agreement goals, according to the report." (The Sydney Morning Herald, 8 June 2020). Disgraceful.

John. B
John. BPerth, WA

Found them great

I’ve been with Aus m Super for about 10 years now and found them one of the best.
Most others I have been forced to sign with an employer, and they ware poor, but Aus Super has been great.
They’ve been very responsive and it was easy to consolidate all my supers through them.

Ace
AceSydney, NSW

Don't even consider them!!!!

I went to them and they hit me with ridiculous amounts of fees as soon as money went into their account. I was hit with 9 different fees for one single month!!!! I asked why they took so much for fees and they didn't have much to say. I have been in minus ever since. If you want to see your money disappear, then go to Australian Super! That should be their commercial. I am now transferring my super to a more trusted super fund.

Rickster

ShuttersGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Just Pathetic

Oliver N
Oliver NNorth West, QLD

Update, original review left for others to see.

Chris McD
Chris McDSouth East Queensland, QLD

Don't touch them. They deserve no stars.

Luke B.
Luke B.

Waiting two times longer than was told for my money

They said I would have my money within 5 days it's been weeks and I still haven't gotten it.
I called them and they said "It's being double checked for safety cautions you wouldn't want your money going to the wrong place would you? This makes no sense.

Actively working against average Aussies.

It is shocking just how many unethical businesses they invest in. James Hardie, Tabcorp, Caltex and of course the coal mining giants. And that was only on the first page!

Matt
MattGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Poor, incompetent & ignorant

My claim had been under review for 17 months and customer service and qualification of the case officer horrific. From poor handling and a lack of both empathy and efficiency to poor communication and administrative skills the entire process was one big nightmare. I had to ramp up serious debt to survive due to the lengthy process and was being treated like a criminal with not an ounce of sympathy, compassion or support shown. Words can't express how disappointing this experience has been and I can only recommend to stay away from them. Serious need for in-depth review of their recruiting and hiring process as staff is not qualified and hasn't got the intellectual capacity or emotional intelligence to perform in customer facing roles.

Leeandray
LeeandrayVictoria

Not good.

Rob
RobSydney, NSW

End of week 3 and nothing.

Balance still the same, no contact from them in 3 weeks. Have been told it is flagged with no progress for the last 2 weeks. No valid reason for this kind of treatment. I'm very suspicious of this culture and will be changing funds immediately. They are not to busy to answer calls or feed you nonsense on the chat, but unflagging an alert seems to be beyond their capabilities.

AKSasked

How is the customer service of Australian Super managed fund. The key is their long wait times on phone , it is always > 20 minutes !

Is this the case with every caller?

Why then , it is called the best Super fund on Canstar site??

Kaz

Any business can pay a fee to Canstar to gain x amount of stars and ‘best of’ ratings including gold silver bronze. Not a reliable truth at all.
Finder.com for finance sujects, this very product review and choice review for bit of everything subjects, and trip advisor and smart traveller for accommodation, restaurants, sites and tourism.

AKS

I agree with this but there should be some way to get a true impartial reviews!

Tom G.
Tom G.asked

I was with AGEST until it was taken over by AusSuper in 2013. Total fees went up but I stayed with it. Net returns seem OK but I haven't gone into this topic as deeply as I should have.

I'm now stuck overseas because of the pandemic and earlier this year applied to convert my super account to a pension account (I was 70). AusSuper couldn't have made it more difficult if their primary aim had been to hang on to members' cash for as long as possible and defer cash outflows in the form of pension payments. After months of frustration and providing additional documents, the application was finally approved.

That application approval email welcomed me as a new member of AusSuper. Yet I had been a member since 2013. Not altogether surprising though since during the entire saga I had received a couple of emails from "Austrailian Super'. Logging onto my online account, I now keep getting told that there won't be any details available until they receive my money. They have had my money since 2013 so where is it now? Consequently, I would be reluctant to say that the company's customer service and administration is top-notch.

I'm now having second thoughts about leaving my hard-earned cash with this lot. Can anyone recommend a better industry super fund?

Kaz

Well Tom, for a start, why are you even still alive at 70?? I thought thats what COVID and the vaccine was for - getting rid of all us ‘oldies’ (that is anyone at 50 or so it seems lol!) And I am a registered nurse!! Like I have said previously most super funds are six of one and half a dozen of the other. At the end of the day they are there to make money for shareholders and double tax for the government. And if they do that well, thats some hellava bonus for the top dogs. Seriously, good luck and I am so sorry for your situation.

David B.
David B.asked

How long will an approved payment for financial hardship to be in my account

Kaz

When you starve to death David, and die as a homeless person. Then whoever is to inherit your super can go through their very own nightmare with your AustralianSuper benefit until they die of waiting too. BUT how quick are they if the shoe is on the other foot? If you owe them something they are all over it. If you are half a day late paying insurance fees - that's it - insurances cancelled. And all my insurances change figures every month??. Only account keeping/service fees are consistent - albeit a waste, cause you right now (or a couple of months ago) are/were needing some account service. Honestly, WTH. Worse thing is all super mobs are the same - its all about the shareholders and big wig bonuses!! Good luck cause they will eventually get to you!

Other Industry Super Funds