AustralianSuper

AustralianSuper

See the Best Industry Super Funds in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for AustralianSuper? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Rates and Fees
Toucandocker
ToucandockerPerth, WA

Got the Run around trying to rollover to our SMSF

stephen taylor
stephen taylorAdelaide

Extremely Disorganised for such a large company

Trying to communicate with this company is bordering on a joke!
Misleading info that changes from person to person depending on who you talk too!
That's just trying to put money IN God knows how involved to get OUT!
Wait times on phone ridiculous and then getting wrong info on most occasions meaning making several calls require with each time explaining requirements each time!
COMPANY In desperate need of getting back to Customer service NOT a Call centre to just answer the phone and palm off to different disconnected and untrained staff!!!

Ying
YingSydney, NSW

Cheating and over-charged me for 6 years!

I have been with the Australian Super since 2016. They have over-charged me insurance premiums as "blue collar" for 6 years when actually I am always "white collar".

I emailed them several times and chatted online to request them to refund me the 6 years they over-charged. They refused to refund me saying "by default" they use "blue collar" and that I should have updated in form. When I asked them to provide evidence of "blue collar" I filled in and proof of them advising me to update, they didn't reply. Instead the rep was going around circles and refuse to refund. Such service is shocking and over-charging me for 6 years without providing me with proof is disgusting. Australian Super will rip you off. Don't bother to use them!

Appalling

I was with this fund for 12 years. Fine if you want to give them more money to invest. Try removing money however and the make it impossible. We filled out all the forms and jumped through the various hoops, but 4-5 times the money just didn’t show up. Then, after waiting on hold for 30 minutes we’d find out they’ve made some mistake, or it’s with some department that are having a problem. The frustrating thing however is that they just didn’t bother to tell us - they just kept holding our money. Eight phone calls (waiting 20-30 min each) and 3 months later, they finally roll out our money. Good thing we didn’t need it quickly!

Myboys R.
Myboys R.Perth, WA

Very poor service

Getting your super and TPD paid out, is like pulling hen's teeth. You can have the extension number of the person dealing with. They don't take your call. So you leave a message with your details for a call back AND STILL NO ANSWER

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Chris M
Chris Mbendigo

Poor Customer Service

Nearly impossible to talk to customer service...spent 20 minutes reading customer reviews here. Based upon the 400+ one-star reviews I will NOT be transferring my super to AustralianSuper - just not worth the risk.

Called at 8.12am - was informed there would be delays due to a "large volume of calls": at 8.30am, my call was answered by staff who confirmed the call center starts at 8.30am - wasted 18mins for nought.
Sent an email yesterday for the same issue (after waiting on hold for an hour): was informed I'd be contacted within 5 business days.

Mary
MaryIllawarra, NSW

They cant process forms!!!!

I sent them notice to claim super as a tax deduction - 3 times, and each time it came back with a different "error". There were no errors and they still havent got it right!!!!

Jeff
JeffMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Freaking crap

I tried to apply for hardship. I am a student.. I have been on student payments and suffering hardship.
These morons refused my claim. Centerlink keeps referring me back to these nutheads.. But these nutheads keep referring me back to centerlink.. I will be closing my account with these useless fools as soon as possible

Sally
SallyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Abysmal customer service

Could not confirm that my cover would all be transferred across despite several requests for information, so I tried to cancel account. Waited 2 months for notification, to be told 'no transactions so can only verbally confirm'. Was then hung up on when asked to speak to someone else. Live message bot asks for less information, you give less, it then asks you to elaborate. Zero for customer service, listening skills, ease of use for website, email and live chat. Stay clear.

avfirey
avfirey

Hopeless customer support,

Ridiculous wait times for customer support, which sadly isnt worth waiting for. Completely screwed up an investment change & had to apply twice whilst losing money at a critical time. Cash outperformed their balanced investment & I still lost a significant amount. Cant seem to find any data graphs for performance of different investment strategy options. pity their investment advisors were not as good at their core business as they are at fairy tale statistics.

Graham O
Graham OGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Continued Lies, Maintaining The Script To Hide Incompetence

These fools deliberately and repeatedly ignore questions that go the the heart of their integrity and competence. Just lies, lies ignorance and lies. I will just roll out and goes elsewhere after I make a complaint to the Ombudsman.

Chris V
Chris V

Disgusting! A total joke!

Absolutely disgusting service and terrible phone options! Untrained monkeys could do a better job than these useless incompetents! Never get a straight answer, never get call backs, get fobbed off and takes five weeks to finally get notification of them receiving documents that I ran around to get done for them and sent to them by expensive registered & express post. They don’t care about us or you! Don’t use these cowboys!

David
DavidMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Customer Service from Australain Super PATHETIC, it does not exist!

I have been with Australian Super for many many years, I pay admin fees , and a ridiculous amount of full insurance which I've found isn't worth anything, and trying to get a hold of "A real person" at Australian super "I've found" is impossible. I get automated email responses from the emails I've sent, I call the 1300 number and I sit on hold for 40 minutes plus until I hang up? It's hopeless, Very poor performance and I am now urgently seeking another provider to move all of my super away from Australian Super.

Garf
GarfGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Superannuation Blunder

Recently I switched out of this fund based on an administrative error just by filling out an online form with no copy provided. It cost me thousands. Best switch ever.

Stalling tactics

For a start their own website email doesn't fit their own apply for payment form then they keep using stalling tactics make it very difficult to roll out your money into a self-managed fund they don't answer calls they don't have an email and they don't answer back with responses. Very unhelpful. I made a formal complaint to the AFCA. then they got 3 months before they need to respond....They still have MY money as if it was theirs.

AKSasked

How is the customer service of Australian Super managed fund. The key is their long wait times on phone , it is always > 20 minutes !

Is this the case with every caller?

Why then , it is called the best Super fund on Canstar site??

Kaz

Any business can pay a fee to Canstar to gain x amount of stars and ‘best of’ ratings including gold silver bronze. Not a reliable truth at all.
Finder.com for finance sujects, this very product review and choice review for bit of everything subjects, and trip advisor and smart traveller for accommodation, restaurants, sites and tourism.

AKS

I agree with this but there should be some way to get a true impartial reviews!

Tom G.
Tom G.asked

I was with AGEST until it was taken over by AusSuper in 2013. Total fees went up but I stayed with it. Net returns seem OK but I haven't gone into this topic as deeply as I should have.

I'm now stuck overseas because of the pandemic and earlier this year applied to convert my super account to a pension account (I was 70). AusSuper couldn't have made it more difficult if their primary aim had been to hang on to members' cash for as long as possible and defer cash outflows in the form of pension payments. After months of frustration and providing additional documents, the application was finally approved.

That application approval email welcomed me as a new member of AusSuper. Yet I had been a member since 2013. Not altogether surprising though since during the entire saga I had received a couple of emails from "Austrailian Super'. Logging onto my online account, I now keep getting told that there won't be any details available until they receive my money. They have had my money since 2013 so where is it now? Consequently, I would be reluctant to say that the company's customer service and administration is top-notch.

I'm now having second thoughts about leaving my hard-earned cash with this lot. Can anyone recommend a better industry super fund?

Kaz

Well Tom, for a start, why are you even still alive at 70?? I thought thats what COVID and the vaccine was for - getting rid of all us ‘oldies’ (that is anyone at 50 or so it seems lol!) And I am a registered nurse!! Like I have said previously most super funds are six of one and half a dozen of the other. At the end of the day they are there to make money for shareholders and double tax for the government. And if they do that well, thats some hellava bonus for the top dogs. Seriously, good luck and I am so sorry for your situation.

David B.
David B.asked

How long will an approved payment for financial hardship to be in my account

Kaz

When you starve to death David, and die as a homeless person. Then whoever is to inherit your super can go through their very own nightmare with your AustralianSuper benefit until they die of waiting too. BUT how quick are they if the shoe is on the other foot? If you owe them something they are all over it. If you are half a day late paying insurance fees - that's it - insurances cancelled. And all my insurances change figures every month??. Only account keeping/service fees are consistent - albeit a waste, cause you right now (or a couple of months ago) are/were needing some account service. Honestly, WTH. Worse thing is all super mobs are the same - its all about the shareholders and big wig bonuses!! Good luck cause they will eventually get to you!

Other Industry Super Funds