AustralianSuper

AustralianSuper

See the Best Industry Super Funds in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for AustralianSuper? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Rates and Fees
John
JohnMonash ACT

Great super fund and helpful staff

I have been with Australian Super for several years and have found them to be helpful with good funds performance. Their web site is easy to navigate and monitor super investments. An added bonus is the ability to receive financial advice over the phone.

superfund

Been with the fund 5 years and found it very good, clear information and service great when I rang for a question. Surprised at the negative views and not my experience

Mel
MelSouth East Queensland, QLD

Its not perfect but finally resolved, very grateful!

Terrance Drayson
Terrance DraysonSydney, NSW

Australian Super -actually I like them...

Sam L
Sam L

Great product, so so customer service

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Ian
Ian

Direct share option

Australian Super offer an option (member direct ) where you can invest directly in ASX shares. Fees are higher for this option, But over all I think fees are reasonable.
This direct share option is not offered by many other super funds.
Also returns on their general balanced funds are OK.
As mentioned by others their customer service can be slow to reply to enquiries

SilverGhost
SilverGhost

Terrible customer service

tron
tronSouth Australia

Haven't had any problems yet

Been with Australian Super for 7 years, haven't had any trouble yet although they aren't great with simple correspondence or rolling other super into their account- which is a bit strange. The returns have been very good and the website is alright. The number of negative reviews is concerning, hopefully they'll lift their game after the royal commission.

oasis1frog
oasis1frogAU

10 years with ozsuper, not one thing to complain !

Very good returns, quick customer service, fantastic website, whats there to complain ? Guess out of 2.2 million members, 100 odd complaints, thats pretty good. May be its another story if I ask them to do something out of the ordinary, will see.

flyhorse501
flyhorse501Sydney, NSW

Be aware of unwanted life insurance charge, Australian super allows members to cancel it.

All super providers will insert the life insurance charge to your without your consent, but Australian super allows members to cancel the insurance. I just cancel the insurance policies moments ago, that's a good thing.

Dorothy Cheng
Dorothy Cheng

Customer service

I have been with Australian Super for some years now and am happy with the customer service provided whenever I needed guidance and advice.

Chris P
Chris PSydney

An easy to use Super

I started with Australian Super about a year ago and so far it has been quite good. Nice updates, easy to use site, and pretty fuss free so far. The only thing that kept them from 5 stars was that it's hard to download a statement by date- I had to do a print screen/screen shot to pull some data for my accountant. Otherwise no issues.

earl
earlMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

great company

staff have been very helpful in regards to my changing my super and also my income protection policy i cant understand why they are getting such lousy reviews , i will have to check this out . leith freeling

Very pleased with service

simon99
simon99AU

Good

I used to be with ING super (now ANZ) and switched to AustralianSuper, after comparing the returns, fees and insurance cover I found that I can save so much money for my retirement just but using the right super.
AustralianSuper is the best value for money when it comes to super plus it’s an industry super fund which works for its members and not shareholder.
Make sure you super give you good cover and low fees otherwise you retirement money will be wasted for nothing over feeds and admin costs.
Low fees
Value for money
Good returns
Good insurance cover
none compare to my old super

AKSasked

How is the customer service of Australian Super managed fund. The key is their long wait times on phone , it is always > 20 minutes !

Is this the case with every caller?

Why then , it is called the best Super fund on Canstar site??

Kaz

Any business can pay a fee to Canstar to gain x amount of stars and ‘best of’ ratings including gold silver bronze. Not a reliable truth at all.
Finder.com for finance sujects, this very product review and choice review for bit of everything subjects, and trip advisor and smart traveller for accommodation, restaurants, sites and tourism.

AKS

I agree with this but there should be some way to get a true impartial reviews!

Tom G.
Tom G.asked

I was with AGEST until it was taken over by AusSuper in 2013. Total fees went up but I stayed with it. Net returns seem OK but I haven't gone into this topic as deeply as I should have.

I'm now stuck overseas because of the pandemic and earlier this year applied to convert my super account to a pension account (I was 70). AusSuper couldn't have made it more difficult if their primary aim had been to hang on to members' cash for as long as possible and defer cash outflows in the form of pension payments. After months of frustration and providing additional documents, the application was finally approved.

That application approval email welcomed me as a new member of AusSuper. Yet I had been a member since 2013. Not altogether surprising though since during the entire saga I had received a couple of emails from "Austrailian Super'. Logging onto my online account, I now keep getting told that there won't be any details available until they receive my money. They have had my money since 2013 so where is it now? Consequently, I would be reluctant to say that the company's customer service and administration is top-notch.

I'm now having second thoughts about leaving my hard-earned cash with this lot. Can anyone recommend a better industry super fund?

Kaz

Well Tom, for a start, why are you even still alive at 70?? I thought thats what COVID and the vaccine was for - getting rid of all us ‘oldies’ (that is anyone at 50 or so it seems lol!) And I am a registered nurse!! Like I have said previously most super funds are six of one and half a dozen of the other. At the end of the day they are there to make money for shareholders and double tax for the government. And if they do that well, thats some hellava bonus for the top dogs. Seriously, good luck and I am so sorry for your situation.

David B.
David B.asked

How long will an approved payment for financial hardship to be in my account

Kaz

When you starve to death David, and die as a homeless person. Then whoever is to inherit your super can go through their very own nightmare with your AustralianSuper benefit until they die of waiting too. BUT how quick are they if the shoe is on the other foot? If you owe them something they are all over it. If you are half a day late paying insurance fees - that's it - insurances cancelled. And all my insurances change figures every month??. Only account keeping/service fees are consistent - albeit a waste, cause you right now (or a couple of months ago) are/were needing some account service. Honestly, WTH. Worse thing is all super mobs are the same - its all about the shareholders and big wig bonuses!! Good luck cause they will eventually get to you!

Other Industry Super Funds