AustralianSuper

AustralianSuper

See the Best Industry Super Funds in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for AustralianSuper? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Rates and Fees
Michelle
MichelleGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great Fund

Great performing fund
Website is great and enables you to everything you need online (change investment type / add or remove insurance)
Customer service are friendly and helpful but greatly impacted by COVID and demands of people making withdrawal

Great fund highly recommended

ausguy42
ausguy42Hunter Region, NSW

The Best Super Fund by a country mile!

Kaz

WAS very happy with Service - NOT NOW - Zero Stars. Read on….Just cruel.

We are going through insurance process at present. Our claims assessor Inchi could not be more helpful and provides timely updates. Stressfree service at very difficult time in our lives.

Lulu
Lulu

Very good returns and excellent customer service

NLR
NLRSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very happy since we moved to AU Super from a different fund.

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019

Rates and Fees
John. B
John. BPerth, WA

Found them great

I’ve been with Aus m Super for about 10 years now and found them one of the best.
Most others I have been forced to sign with an employer, and they ware poor, but Aus Super has been great.
They’ve been very responsive and it was easy to consolidate all my supers through them.

Sam
Sam

This review is regarding covid-19 super withdrawal.

I've been with AusSuper since roughly 08, I'm leaving this review in regards to the covid-19 withdrawal only. I understand some people have been having some trouble, maybe these cases are an exception to the rule however I'm unsure. I applied on the 21st and recieved payment yesterday the 29th, a total wait time of 8 days, no problems at all. I know it's hard times but patience is key here, also there's obviously a reason some people's cases are being referred to the fraud/security team.

taytay
taytaySouth East Queensland, QLD

No problems

Like everyone else, I got my super release approved by ATO and within 5 business days, I received it. I don’t see what the fuss is about to be honest.

Kathryn T.
Kathryn T.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

No problems since 1988..

I have been a Member of AustralianSuper, and it's previous company since 1988. I am aware there seems a variety of reviews. I have never had any issues at all with AustralianSuper, and have had reliable investment, communications and timely updates. At the same time it is important that AustralianSuper continue their management of negative feedback, and evaluate this. Thank you to all the staff who proactively work on continuing the very high standards of AustralianSuper.

Ant
AntPerth, WA

Very Happy !

In response to Sam from Melbourne saying SunSuper has 0.1% fees compared to 0.6% for AusSuper, this is totally wrong.

SunSuper has an admin fee of $1.50 per week plus 0.1% of your balance. AusSuper charges $2.25 pw and nothing more. For most people AusSuper would be cheaper.

AusSuper's Balanced option charges 0.6% Management fee whilst SunSuper's Balanced option charges 0.81% Management fee.

I can't comment about AusSuper's customer service, but performance wise I'm extremely happy. Their returns are consistently amongst the best and my Super balance has risen tenfold in the past 11 years.

Like most organisations these days, they are trying to cut costs by having the customer do everything online which is fine by me.

Rates and Fees
A V
A V

Happy to switch from a low return retail fund

I am very happy with Australian Super after switching from a retail fund with high fees & terrible returns. The app makes my life so easy & I can see how much my super balance has increased since joining as well as employer contributions very quickly without needing to log on to my computer.

Rastus
RastusMid North Coast, NSW

Good super fund - Good returns

About 2 years ago I transferred my super from Macquarie Bank to Australian Super. After approximately 6 months, I closed my super account and opened a Retirement Income Account as I had reached 60. I had no issues with closing or opening these accounts. To date, I have made 3 additional withdrawals from my Retirement Income Account with no problems what so ever. The money was deposited into my nominated bank account in a timely manner. I have found their fees to be reasonable and the returns on my investment to be more than satisfactory. I do not have ANY OTHER financial products with Australian Super and accordingly, I have only commented on my Super and Retirement Income accounts.

Hari
HariCanberra Central 2601, ACT

Just moved from AMP to AUS SUPER

Adz
AdzAU

One of the best...

I have found this fund to be easy to set up, easy to transfer funds to, has a good price on insurances and offers adequate investment options. I have performed a few investment changes and these have been processed within a timely manner. Their communication is clear and the have a daily news service (via email) which I have found to be valuable. My returns have exceeded expectations. I have not experienced any problems whatsoever.

AKSasked

How is the customer service of Australian Super managed fund. The key is their long wait times on phone , it is always > 20 minutes !

Is this the case with every caller?

Why then , it is called the best Super fund on Canstar site??

Kaz

Any business can pay a fee to Canstar to gain x amount of stars and ‘best of’ ratings including gold silver bronze. Not a reliable truth at all.
Finder.com for finance sujects, this very product review and choice review for bit of everything subjects, and trip advisor and smart traveller for accommodation, restaurants, sites and tourism.

AKS

I agree with this but there should be some way to get a true impartial reviews!

Tom G.
Tom G.asked

I was with AGEST until it was taken over by AusSuper in 2013. Total fees went up but I stayed with it. Net returns seem OK but I haven't gone into this topic as deeply as I should have.

I'm now stuck overseas because of the pandemic and earlier this year applied to convert my super account to a pension account (I was 70). AusSuper couldn't have made it more difficult if their primary aim had been to hang on to members' cash for as long as possible and defer cash outflows in the form of pension payments. After months of frustration and providing additional documents, the application was finally approved.

That application approval email welcomed me as a new member of AusSuper. Yet I had been a member since 2013. Not altogether surprising though since during the entire saga I had received a couple of emails from "Austrailian Super'. Logging onto my online account, I now keep getting told that there won't be any details available until they receive my money. They have had my money since 2013 so where is it now? Consequently, I would be reluctant to say that the company's customer service and administration is top-notch.

I'm now having second thoughts about leaving my hard-earned cash with this lot. Can anyone recommend a better industry super fund?

Kaz

Well Tom, for a start, why are you even still alive at 70?? I thought thats what COVID and the vaccine was for - getting rid of all us ‘oldies’ (that is anyone at 50 or so it seems lol!) And I am a registered nurse!! Like I have said previously most super funds are six of one and half a dozen of the other. At the end of the day they are there to make money for shareholders and double tax for the government. And if they do that well, thats some hellava bonus for the top dogs. Seriously, good luck and I am so sorry for your situation.

David B.
David B.asked

How long will an approved payment for financial hardship to be in my account

Kaz

When you starve to death David, and die as a homeless person. Then whoever is to inherit your super can go through their very own nightmare with your AustralianSuper benefit until they die of waiting too. BUT how quick are they if the shoe is on the other foot? If you owe them something they are all over it. If you are half a day late paying insurance fees - that's it - insurances cancelled. And all my insurances change figures every month??. Only account keeping/service fees are consistent - albeit a waste, cause you right now (or a couple of months ago) are/were needing some account service. Honestly, WTH. Worse thing is all super mobs are the same - its all about the shareholders and big wig bonuses!! Good luck cause they will eventually get to you!

Other Industry Super Funds